𝟕𝟎 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

By imjustalauren

ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ꜱᴛᴇᴠᴇ'ꜱ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜᴄᴋʏ'ꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ 1940ꜱ. ᴛʜɪɴɢꜱ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴄᴋʏ ᴅɪᴇᴅ. ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ʟɪ... More

•*70 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼*•
•𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮•
PART 1
𝓐𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮
𝓐𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 ||
𝓛𝓲𝓪𝓻𝓼
𝓢𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓪𝓷
𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓼 𝓑𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔂 ?
𝓐𝓷𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓻𝓼
PART 2
𝓑𝓾𝓬𝓴𝔂
𝓟𝓻𝓮𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼
𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓭𝓾𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽
𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻
𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷
PART 3
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂
𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂
𝓶𝔂 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖
a/n
a note on her powers

𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

379 6 2
By imjustalauren

A week later

"Most of you know what i have called this meeting for." Tony started, standing in the middle of the lounge.

I crossed my arms, waiting.

Tony looked at me slyly.

"I have called this meeting because as of now I would like to officially make y/n Rogers an avenger." My jaw dropped.

"If you accept." He added. I couldn't speak, I felt too overwhelmed. Why are they choosing me? I had nothing good going for me, I couldn't fight.

I stammered. I couldn't really believe this was actually happening. I was fully ready to wake up from a dream. It was a huge honour.

"Yeah. Yes. Of course I accept. Wow."

"Okay." He said. Everyone was smiling at me. Bucky wasn't here. He was recovering. And he still hadn't spoken a word, or asked for me.

Steve came up to me and patted me on the back, as I shook my head in surprise.

"Well done sis." He muttered in my ear, making me smile wide and move up to Tony.

"Thank you. For the opportunity. I love you all and I've only known you like a month and I am..................absolutely terrible at speeches." I laughed at myself and the rest of them did too.

"Welcome to the team." Tony concluded and I shook his hand, making the others start to clap. The rest of the day was spent talking about training arrangements, and what it actually meant to be an avenger. We called Nick fury to let him know.

I was to begin training the day after the next. To give me some time before I go head first into it all and it's go go go.

****

No Bucky. I was starting to get angry with every day that passed he didn't speak to me. He spoke to Steve- but not me.

I thought that maybe I would start to forget about him, but it was the opposite. He was always on my mind, I was always thinking about what I could've possibly done to offend him. Every single moment I was left to myself, I would think about it.

I was more pissed at him now than anything. I know he had been kidnapped. I'm not trying to play down how horrendous that was. I just don't understand why he's going completely cold turkey on me. I don't deserve it.

After us all being gone for so long, now we are back together we should be spending time with each-other. And the last time I was uttering a word to Bucky was because i was saving his life. The last word he uttered to me, was weeks ago and Steve still offered no explanation.

****

Training started with success. I got started with basic hand to hand combat, which I was already a little skilled in, courtesy of saving Steve from all those street fights. And the rest, I was picking up fast. The knives and the guns would come later in the week. And what made me frown was that the knifes were Bucky's skill to teach.

So he was all healed up now- according to Tony; good to know even he had contact. I was glad he was okay though. Even if I was losing my shit about him.

****

After a few days of heavy training and meetings- Saturday finally rolled around. Initiation day.

It sounds pretty scary when you say it out loud, and really it was. Getting up on a stage infront of all those press and members of the public. People watching you on TV too. It's not everyday that a new avenger joins the squad- so it was the talk of the town.

A few days prior, Tony set me up Instagram and Twitter accounts. I made a Snapchat one for myself mostly to send pictures of me as a potato to Wanda.

I didn't have a large following. Tony got me verified straight away, but still not many people had come across it.

For the ceremony, I chose a pastel purple suit- with a white top underneath. What can I say, I was a sucker for a statement.

I came downstairs in light purple heels, hair all curled and tied back with two loose strands, a gold necklace shaped like tiny little leaves up close to my neck and my makeup done nicely.

The team gawped. Sam, the biggest hypeman in the tower looked me dead in the eyes and said "twirl"

I did just that, and gave them the 360, with the team whooping and cheering as I spun.

"You look beautiful." Steve told me, as I linked arms with him to walk out to the cars, and it bought tears to my eyes. I don't know why.

I scanned the room, and whatever was left of my respect for Bucky disappeared. He wasn't here. He really wanted to miss one of the most important days of my life. He must remember I hate crowds, hate being on the stage. And he didn't want to support me.

I clutched Steve's arm a little tighter, and he looked at me. I just smiled reassuringly, before we made it to the cars and I broke away and headed inside the one with Tony and I guy I had just been introduced to as Happy. He was sort of, Tony's assistant.

Interesting name, I thought.

I was quiet in the car, which prompted Tony.

"You alright kid?" He asked and I nodded.

"Stage fright." I said, and he took my hand in his.

"They're going to love you. Plus I'll be there, so I doubt a lot of people will be looking at you."

His words made me laugh, and before I knew it we pulled up to the venue.

****

When I walked on stage with the team, in my suit- mic in hand, everyone cheered. I had to do a double take just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, again.

Nick fury was clapping, and he smiled at me. Steve came and gave my hand a little squeeze before they all headed to the back of the stage, leaving me and fury at the front.

"We all know, what it takes to change the world." He started.

"Bravery," I could see people in the audience nodding.

"Honesty...............Courage............... and determination." I didn't let myself look at the crowd for too long, or I would start to freak out.

"It takes people risking their lives. Every second of every day of every month of every year, in order to do right. It's no easy feat. We all know the extent of these extraordinary people's strength. Physically, but above all, mentally." He stopped, and looked at me.

"Y/n Rogers." People started to clap again, and he had to wait for it to die down to continue.

"Do you swear to protect this country. Protect the world, with all of the strength you have in you to do so." I waited for a second, to build up the anticipation.

"I do." I said into the microphone, my voice strong and loud. Fake it til you make it, when really I was still trying not to look at the thousands of gathered people.

"Well then. Y/n Rogers." He waited again.

"Is officially, an avenger." He smirked and stuck his hand out while the crowd went wild. I couldn't contain my smile when I shook it, and he gestured to me to speak.

Here goes nothing.

"Oh god. I haven't written a speech, so we'll see where this heads." I laughed, and many others did too, putting me at ease.

"First of all, I'm extremely honoured. I can't express the gratitude I have for this opportunity. For you bunch of the most amazing people I have ever met, taking a chance on a kid from Brooklyn." I gestured to the team behind me, then stopped.

"Oh wait that's Steve's line." The crowd erupted in laughter, and with every second I was enjoying it more and more. Steve shook his head laughing.

"As you know, I grew up in 1940s New York. Me and Steve weren't necessarily from a wealthy background, and we didn't have anywhere close to a luxurious upbringing. Our mom died when I was 16. It was a huge change, to be left alone just like that. And that's where Bucky came in." I looked around in the crowd once more, but he wasn't there. I took a breath to compose myself and tried not to start crying.

"Life then was so, so different to how it is now. But the world has always needed protecting. I don't want to stand up here and be seen as anywhere above you. Everyone here has just the same part as we do in keeping the world a good place. I'm not saying, to go out and kill people. Don't do that." They laughed again.

"But. Please know that every single one of you here today, can change the world. You just have to believe in yourself enough to do it. Thank you." They all went crazy, and I smiled, while Fury came back and shook my hand. But the whole time I was just about holding back tears. 

The cameras went crazy, and I moved back to stand in line with the team while they took photos, me in the middle. Then we waved them all off and left the stage.

****

Backstage they were all going mad.

"Your saying you came up with that on the spot." Scott was saying.

"I remember all of our speeches." He gestured to Loki, Sam and Wanda. Obviously the original six were simply the original six. They weren't initiated and the world didn't know about them until the battle of New York.

"Loki, you said 'I can't be bothered to do this. I'd rather be ruling the world. Kids, start revolutions, be rebels. If your parents ask, it's not my fault." Loki laughed.

"What was i supposed to say, I hate people." We all laughed, and Steve nudged me.

"You talked about mom." He was smiling.

"I still think about her Stevie." I made sure he knew, and he nodded.

"Me too." He gave me a hug. "I miss her."

****

On the way home, my phone was going mad. I was sort of thinking it was going to explode. I had to turn the ringer off and all notifications for Instagram and Twitter, because it seems after my appearance, a huge influx of people were flocking to my page.

Which had nothing on.

That prompted me. I quickly snapped a photo of Tony in the car, and posted it. I didn't want to be all smart and celebrity-y. So I would give the people what they wanted- the avengers content.

The likes and comments and follows started flooding in, but I switched my phone off properly so, again, It wouldn't literally overheat.

****

When we got back to the tower everyone was giving me hugs and congratulating me. Bucky was no where to be seen, and just like that, the anger took hold from sadness.

But as Tony started to speak I focused all my energy on him, as to forget about Bucky.

"So. You all know it's coming up on 4th July." He started slyly, and looked around the room. I looked at Steve, because I presumed this would be to do with us birthday. But they all seemed to know exactly what Tony would say, and I'm guessing it's a thing I don't understand because I haven't been here long enough.

But I was about to find out, and that excited me.

"4th July. 11pm. Theme this year is old fashioned- so Cap will have no problem. Girls, think ballgowns. Boys, think regency-waistcoats. Buy new dresses, get new suits. And let's get ready TO PARTYYY."

Oh my god.

I had heard about these. They seemed so much to be like a myth, like a greek legend or something.

Stark parties were world renowned, the guest list was exclusive exclusive. And man, stuff there, went. Down.

Only the 4th July ( for both the fact that it was Independence Day and my brothers birthday ) and Halloween parties had themes.

Tony forked out millions on the decor and catering every year. They had them for Easter, Christmas, thanksgiving and bonfire night too. Pretty much every holiday.

Everyone clapped, and cheered.

****

the day before the party

Nat and Wanda took me shopping, and we looked around for a while before I saw a dress I could not take my eyes off.

It was beautiful, and they must've seen me gawping because Wanda immediately took it off it's railing and marched to the dressing rooms.

It was also a prefect fit, but probably wouldn't last me until next year.

But good for me, Tony Stark had a rule that for a party you NEVER wore any item of clothing twice.

As i came out in the dress, Wanda and and Nat smiled so wide.

"You look so beautiful." Natasha exclaimed, and I took a breath.

I felt really pretty.

*******************************

Choose your dress :)))

I think I'm going with the plain black one. But the first light blue is stunning

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.4K 2.2K 43
𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕠𝕟𝕪 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕜'𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 ℕ𝕖𝕨 𝕐𝕠𝕣𝕜 ℂ𝕚𝕥𝕪. 𝕐𝕠�...
6.7K 232 200
Please stop reading this lol -- The image isn't my work but I wish it was lol -- Old memes from the realm Benders stuff. For anyone wandering... I'm...
248K 6.5K 24
Mᴇᴇᴛ (Y/N) Sᴛᴀʀᴋ. Tʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴏғ Tᴏɴʏ Sᴛᴀʀᴋ. Lɪᴠᴇꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ Wᴏʀʟᴅ'ꜱ Mɪɢʜᴛɪᴇꜱᴛ Hᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ. Tʀᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ Aᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ. Rᴀɪꜱᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ Wᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ. Rᴇ...
171K 4.3K 18
❝𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡? 𝐀𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥❞ ...