First Light || BNHA (ON HOLD)

By roguegoespoof

》 "That's why, the time your government calls me a hero, will be the fucking day Ninja dies." 《 ••• Keiko Kob... More

{ 001 }
{ 002 }
{ 003 }
{ 004 }
{ 005 }
{ 006 }
{ 007 }
{ 009 }
{ 010 }
{ 011 }
{ 012 }
{ 013 }
{ 014 }
{ 015 }
{ 016 }
{ 017 }
{ 018 }
{ 019 }
{ 020 }
{ 021 }
{ 022 }
{ 023 }
{ 024 }
{ 025 }
{ 026 }
{ 027 }
{ 028 }
{ 029 }
{ 030 }
{ 031 }
{ 032 }
{ 033 }
{ 034 }
{ 035 }
{ 036 }
{ 037 }
{ 038 }
{ 039 }
{ halloween }

{ 008 }

4.1K 159 68
By roguegoespoof

chapter viii.

( sports festival: obstacle course )

The next two weeks were used for training for the sports festival. All of them put it to good use, using their quirks constantly, fighting, studying, while others were... practicing for the award ceremony.

Everyone seemed to be enjoying their training, both at school and in their own places.

Except Keiko.

Her brother made her go through hell and back, over and over again.

You see, Aiko loves sparring. He's like, the Goku of the series when it comes to fighting someone else.

He has sparred with everyone he knows, but his sister is one of the very few people who always turns down his offers for fighting.

The last time they sparred, when they went to a very small remote island years ago... let's just say they didn't go out of the hospital for a few months. Even her quirk wasn't that effective in her healing process.

Keiko despised fighting with her brother. It was always messy and only destruction was the result, besides multiple injuries. And he always talked and talked, annoying her to no end.

But, these two weeks were different.

Very different.

She didn't want to spar with any of her classmates (why? She likes doing things on her own), and Ichiro and Kai were busy doing their own thing.

That left only one person to help Keiko train for the upcoming event.

Aiko fucking Kobayashi.

By the time she was in the waiting room with the class, she was stretching out her slightly sore muscles from the vigorous workouts she's been doing the past few days.

Fucking Aiko, working me to the brink of death. That's my brother for you.

When she found that they weren't going to disappear any time soon, Keiko just sighed and relaxed on her chair, closing her eyes and crossing her arms. She simply ignored all the conversations going on around her.

She only opened her eye once to check who was calling her when she heard her phone buzz on the table.

The contact read "Ai."

She ignored it, being the good little sister she was.

The door to the room opened, revealing their class representative.

"Is everyone ready?" He said. "The event is about to start."

Keiko and Midoriya took a deep breath simultaneously, calming themselves down.

Keiko wouldn't admit it, but she was feeling a little nervous. Though she does hero work all the time, she never did it in front of a crowd. Doing it in front of a whole stadium? Oh fuck.

"Midoriya."

Keiko cracked her eye open to find out the unfamiliar speaker, but closed it when she found it was just Todoroki.

"Todoroki-kun. What is it?"

"Looking at it objectively, I'm stronger than you."

Keiko rolled her eyes under her lids. You're making the air a lot more tenser than it should be, Todoroki.

"But All Might is favoring you," Todoroki continued. "I won't pry on that...

"But I will defeat you."

Kaminari whistled. "The best in the class is declaring war?"

If he's doing that, then he sucks. He should ask Shinshoe for lessons.

Kirishima approached the duo, putting a hand on Todoroki's shoulder in attempt to diffuse the tension. "Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Stop it."

Todoroki simply shrugged the redhead's hand off his shoulder coldly. "We're not here to make friends." He started walking away. "What's the point of them anyway?"

"I don't know the reason behind your declaration to beat me," Midoriya spoke up, making the half-white-half-red haired boy look back, "but yes, you're far above me. Actually, you're far above many people in this room, looking at it objectively."

"Don't be so negative, Midoriya," Kirishima said.

"But everyone, including those in the other courses, are aiming for the top. I can't fall behind."

The greenette looked at the Todoroki in the eye. "I'll aim for the top too."

"Okay." Todoroki turned to the ravenette, who had lost interest in the conversation not too long ago. "Kobayashi."

"Hm."

"The same goes for you."

Her eyes finally opened as she slowly stood and walked toward the boy. She looked up at him a little bit, her hands deep inside the pockets of her PE uniform. Her face showed no emotion, none at all, making it hard to see what she was thinking.

For the first time today, she spoke to one of her classmates.

"I have no intention of winning, Todoroki."

She passed by him after a few more seconds of intense eye contact, letting her shoulder bump into his.

Her response confused Todoroki. Who wouldn't want to win this festival? It could show how true you really are.

It might be because of her villainy that she said that.

Keiko smiled a little as she went into a dark hallway and leaned on the wall to wait for the class to catch up. Okay, that might be a little bit of a lie, but hey! I got a chance to have a dramatic exit. I don't wanna waste it.

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"Now the first-year students will make their entrance!" The camera zoomed in onto the entrance.

"Go Keiko!" Suki shouted at the television, throwing her fist in the air.

Keiko winced as the bright light hit her eyes when she exited the dark place they came from. She brought a hand to her face, shielding herself from the eyes of the cameras. Not that it did much.

"Why did they have to make the entrance so dramatic?" She muttered hiding in the middle of the crowd her classmates made.

"Although they got attacked by the enemy, they overcame it with hearts of steel! The marvelous new stars... HERO COURSE CLASS 1A!"

The audience went wild, screaming and shouting and bringing their hands together in applause.

"Though they're not attracting much attention, they're full of talent too! Class 1B!"

Present Mic continued on with his intros for the other courses. his enthusiasm slowly decreasing as he went on.

Once everyone was gathered, a whip was flicked on the stage. "Player's Pledge!"

"Oh..." Keiko smirked at her classmates' reactions at the appearance of the pro hero Midnight, which was highly inappropriate.

Honestly, she wasn't complaining on the display of Midnight.

Calm your bisexual ass down Keiko. You're here to fight, not to get laid.

"Wh — What's Miss Midnight wearing?!" Kirishima said, blush painting his cheeks as he averted his eyes from the hero.

Kaminari nodded, not even taking his gaze off the woman. "As expected of an R18 hero."

"Can an R18 hero like her even be in a school?"

"YEAH!" Mineta gave a thumbs up.

"Quiet!" Midnight said. "First year representative, from class 1A, Katsuki Bakugou!"

"It's Kacchan!"

"Well, he did get first place in the entrance exam," said Sero.

A girl from another department sighed exasperatedly. "In the hero course."

"Oh... right..."

"She's so competitive," the tape dispenser scoffed.

"And it's all Bakugou's fault," Kaminari added.

Keiko clicked her tongue, looking at the floor. He's gonna say something really stupid, isn't he?

"I pledge... to be number one."

Of course he said something stupid. It's Katsuki fucking Bakugou we're talking about.

Keiko rolled her eyes as she watched her classmate receive boo's coming from all around.

"What'd you say?"

"Stop fooling around!"

"You cocky bastard!"

"Why are you degrading this event?" Iida scolded, chopping his arms at Bakugou back.

"It's not my fault you're all just stepping stones on my way to victory," Bakugou turned to the students and gave them a thumbs-down.

The ravenette who remained quiet smirked. If so, then I'll be the stone that launches itself to the head of the human.

"SILENCE!" Midnight ordered, quieting the crowd once more.

"Now, a word from our transfer student, Keiko Kobayashi!"

All Keiko's classmates turned to her, putting the girl in the center of the attention. She considered looking behind her to see if they're looking at someone behind her.

Seriously? Keiko sighed, calming down the panic inside her before slowly walking toward the podium. I don't even know what to say...

She stepped in front of the mic and tapped it for the fun of it, letting the sounds echo through the silent stadium.

"I..." she paused.

Some would think that she did this for dramatic effect, but she honestly didn't know what to say. She was just put on the top without warning.

She desperately looked at Midnight for support, and she discreetly gestured for her to do her thing.

Wow. Thanks so much.

She took a deep breath. "I pledge to... do my best, and to help everyone here improve. Plus Ultra, everyone." She raised her fist in the air.

She lied about the first part of her pledge, but she meant the second part. In order to bring out the "true hero spirit" or whatever, everyone here needs a push.

And she was willing to be the one to help them.

To her surprise the whole crowd cheered for her as she walked down to her classmates. She even got pats on the back and some smiles, but she didn't really like the physical contact.

Some glared at her, probably remembering what she said in front of the classroom a few days ago.

"You want a war? We'll bring you a war."

"Let's go on to the first event right away!"

Everything is quick and "right away" here, isn't it?

"Many drink their tears here every year. The fateful first event!"

The hero flicked her whip to the side once more, and a screen appeared behind her, random letters rolling around.

"This year it's..." the letters stopped, showing OBSTACLE COURSE RACE. "This!"

Midnight started explaining the rules, but Keiko wasn't really listening. All she remembered was that there weren't any restrictions as long as they stay on course.

She only remembered those because those were the only ones that mattered to her.

The ravenette felt a feeling bubble up in her stomach, one she hadn't felt ever since she came here.

Excitement.

For the first time, ever since she came here to this stupid hero school, she was excited.

"Everyone take your places!"

The sea of students went to stand in front of the red arch, which was the starting point.

Keiko started to develop her plan in her head as she walked.

I can't use my speed, though it would be perfect for this course, since I need to keep the identity of Ninja safe. I guess I should run then use the long jump I've been working on, and... improvise from there.

Sounds like an accurate and basic action plan.

The girl snagged a spot close to the front, since she had no speed to her advantage here.

3

"Do your best out there, Kei," Aiko said, ruffling his sister's hair as he stood outside. It was time for him to return to the west.

This is for you, Ai...

2

"Kick some butt out there Keiko," Suki said into her daughter's ear as she had her arms wrapped around her. "I'll be rooting for you, from right here."

Keiko then turned to her father, who was standing behind Suki, and engulfed him in a bear hug, making him stumble a little from the force.

"I'm proud of you kid," he said, stroking her head soothingly.

For Mom and Dad...

1

I'LL WIN FOR YOU!

"START!"

Everyone surged forward, racing to get past under the arch.

"We'll be giving you a live broadcast!" Present Mic said from the commentary booth. He turned to his colleague (*cough* husband *cough*). "You ready with your commentary, mummy man?"

"You dragged me in here," Aizawa said tiredly through his bandages.

"What's the highlight of the beginning part of this stage?"

"Right now."

"Get outta my way!"

"Move!"

"Ow!"

Keiko winced a little when an elbow came in contact with her ribs. Her body was being shoved from all around, making her balance tip a little, but she regained it.

Of course... getting through was the first obstacle.

The improvising to the plan starts now, I guess.

Keiko grabbed the shoulders of two random people and hauled herself up with difficulty, since they kept squirming in attempts to make her unhand them.

"Hey!"

"Get off of me!"

She ignored the protests and stood on their heads.

"Sorry about this!" She started running, the soles of her boots gently connecting with other people's heads as she used her quirk to slow down her descents.

This is fun! Keiko grinned, happily making her way to the front by using other people's heads as her stepping stones.

Suddenly, a cold breeze pushed past her, generating ice on the feet of those below.

Todoroki...

"I'm sorry," he said unapologetically as he rushed past.

The ravenette rolled her eyes before jumping on top of the ice. She skidded a little, before getting the hang of it and gliding around.

Thank god all those hours slipping around on oil for training were actually useful.

She smiled slightly when she looked over her shoulder to find that many of her classmates foreseen and gotten through Todoroki's dirty trick.

"To naïve, Todoroki-san!" Momo said, a pole sticking out of her palm.

Idiot... I've been here for only a few days and I saw their potential... you're underestimating them.

"I won't let you get your way, you haf-and-half bastard!" Bakugou screamed, using his explosions to keep him in air.

"A lot of people outside our class got out of that..." Todoroki muttered.

Keiko rolled her eyes. He's an idiot, alright...

She tilted her head in confusion when she saw purple balls appearing on the floor beside her path.

"I'm outsmarting you, Todoroki!" Mineta said, sweat dripping down his face. "Take this! My ultimate move, Grape —"

Thwack.

Keiko stifled a giggle as she watched her classmate tumble away.

"Target..." she looked up to see robots in front of them, their red eyes gleaming evilly. "Lots!"

"Virtual villains from the entrance exam," Midoriya said.

"Huh," she muttered. "I think this school is trying to kill us."

"The sudden appearance of obstacles!" Mic's voice blared from the hidden speakers scattered around the course.

"It's time for the first barrier!"

"The school's definitely trying to kill us. On live television."

"Robo Inferno!"

Keiko never went against anything like this, but she isn't one to back out from a challenge. That's what happens when you risk your life for other people every fucking day.

It could really rub onto you.

Besides, she was able to get first place in recommendations, even if she didn't show her face. She was positive she could beat all of these.

Todoroki muttered something to himself, but Keiko wasn't really listening.

I could jump over them...

Suddenly, Todoroki used his quirk to generate ice around him, sending a little frost onto the ravenette's clothing.

Keiko grunted as she jumped to avoid the pieces of ice on the ground.

The half-white-half-red boy swung his hand toward the robot, ice following him.

It froze the mechanism.

This... this is the power of the recommended.

Keiko ran behind the boy after a moment of hesitation, using the path he laid out.

"We can go under!"

"Don't," Todoroki said. "I froze them at an unbalanced position.

Keiko's eyes widened with realization. "Oh shit."

The ice above the girl cracked as she tried speeding up her pace.

But, it was too late.

BOOM.

"Todoroki attacked and defended all at once! He's the first one through! It seems a little unfair now."

"It was a reasonable, yet strategic move."

"As expected from a recommended student! An elite who isn't faced by Robo Inferno, even when he hasn't faced him before!"

"There was someone under there!"

"Are they dead?!"

People die in this festival?!"

Kirishima burst out from a hole he made trhough the robot. "As if I'd die!"

"1A's Ejirou Kirishima was trapped underneath!"

"That Todoroki!" Kirishima said. "He timed it so it would fall. If it was anyone else they'd be dead!"

"Class A," a hole made its way beside Kirishima, revealing a boy with steel skin, "is full of jerks!"

"Class B's Tetsutetsu was also underneath! This is crazy!"

Tetsutetsu huffed. "If it was anyone else, they'd be dead."

Meanwhile...

"Ouch..." Keiko groaned from underneath, where she laid with a sharp metal piece hanging right above her.

She should've known it was meant to fall. She was a vigilante after all.

But, even the best ones can worsen because of emotions.

"If I move, I'll die," she said, "if I don't move, I lose.

"Dying sounds better than losing, yeah?"

With the distance she had from the ceiling above her, she could stretch her arms fully.

So that's what she did.

With her palms open, she stretched her arms and slowed her heartbeat down by taking a deep breath, her eyes closed.

Concentrate...

Her hands lit up, all the way to the bottom of her elbows. They kept on glowing brighter.

Keiko opened her eyes, which were blinding white. "Let's fucking go."

The energy she built up dispersed upward, destroying everything above and revealing her presence under there to the others.

"What's this? There seems to be a third student making their way up! Who could it be?!"

Keiko grunted in effort as she hauled herself to her feet.

"Let's do this."

She bent her knees and shot skyward, her quirk bringing her all the way to the surface.

"If you want to win this," Keiko said, "you're gonna have to shut up and do your thing. You have no time to gawk."

"Kobayashi from 1A was also underneath! She got out without a scratch!"

"Though she fell into Todoroki's trick, she made her way out of resourcefully and effectively."

"As expected from a transfer and recommended student!"

And with that, she leaped away.

How the heck do people land like this? It hurts!

Screw it. I ain't gonna do that anymore.

She slid down the side of the Robot Mountain, sitting on one leg and the other out in front of her, controlling her speed.

She ran out on the ground, avoiding the small robots and continuing her way through. 

I don't have time to fight. If I want to make it to the front, I'm gonna have to avoid combat as much as possible.

"Was the first stage too easy? Well, it's time for the next one! If you don't want to fall, you gotta crawl!

"The Fall!"

Keiko looked down to find a dark abyss staring right back at her.

That's quite an exaggerated pit.

"When did they make this?!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Tch," the ravenette bent down again, gathering up energy onto the soles of her feet as Tsu leaped from her spot and onto the tight rope, using her arms and legs to move.

"Boring."

She jumped into the air, letting the wind flow through her black hair as her gold eyes lit up with mischief.

But she turned to her right in confusion when she heard a maniacal laugh.

She found a pink-haired girl accessorised with a lot of items.

She must be from the support course...

She activated her quirk and let herself hover, letting her power prolong her time in the air.

If she ignored all the chaos, the annoying voice of the banana pro hero, and the people pointing at her and saying that she's a cheater, it was actually nice up there.

But alas, like all things, it was never really meant to last.

"The leader is easily passing through, Kobayashi on his tail!"

Todoroki looked over his shoulder and scoffed when he found the said girl was hovering from above.

Present Mic said she was a recommended student... He thought, turning back to the front.

She must be the girl with the hood and mask that placed second in the race... I let a villain beat me...

"You jerk!" Bakugou screeched, sending an explsion towards Keiko.

"Oh c'mon!" She said as she toppled around in the air for a while before regaining her balance (can you call it balance if you're in the air?) and dropping onto the ground.

She wasn't on the last platform of the obstacle, but she didn't need to go that far. About two or three more tightropes until the end.

I can't run on it without falling, so I climb to save energy.

She grabbed the tightrope and let her feet dangle over the chasm.

Like on a monkey bar, she swung across using her left and right hands.

I'm smart.

"God, I'm finally here," Keiko let out a breath, clombing up the stairs and onto the freeway.

She ran without looking over her shoulder, though she was very tempted to. There was a lot of interesting sounds going on behind her.

"And we're at the final obstacle!"

Keiko's eyes widened. He's already in the final part?! How far behind have I been?

Meanwhile...

"That Keiko Kobayashi's good," the pro hero Miruko complimented, sitting down beside her friend Hawks.

Hawks gave his signature smile. "Of course. I recommended her after all."

"Really?!" Miruko said, shocked.

She knew how much Hawks moved around as a hero, but she didn't actually think that he would find a diamond like her in the rough.

"Of course!" Hawks said, seemingly offended. "She was a real fighter back in that alley. She handled herself well."

"She is good," Edgeshot said from his spot on their table. "I'm planning on offering her a place in my agency for her internship."

Miruko scoffed. "I'm sure there are a lot of heroes hoping Kobayashi would join them... some, for different reasons."

"What do you mean?" The ninja-like hero said.

Hawks gestured to the screen in front, that showed Kobayashi hopping around in the landmines. "She's a beauty. A literal gem."

"And she's strong and silent," Miruko added. "A dangerous combination for a dangerous woman."

Back...

Keiko winced when she felt a landmine nearby go off, and the screams that followed.

"This school loves its violence," she commented, picking up her pace and slowly, but surely, catching up with the Endeavour-spawn.

"THIS DOESN'T BOTHER ME!" Bakugou shouted as he quickly passed Todoroki and Keiko, once again tipping her balance.

Shit, I have to be quick! She thought as her foot slowly approaches the landmine. Only one solution...

Keiko closed her eyes and dashed to the side, her whole body becoming whisps of neon for a second before becoming solid again.

"Sugoi! It seemed that Kobayashi had unleashed a new move to avoid activating the landmine!"

"She became intangible. Even us teachers haven't seen her use it."

"Smart!"

"Jesus, that's the second time, you stupid pom-pom!" Keiko snapped, running again at her previous speed.

"CLASS 1A'S IZUKU MIDORIYA USES THE BLAST FORCE TO CATCH UP!"

Keiko slowed down a little, chancing a glance up to find a green plate soaring through the air, passing the two in lead easily.

A grin came on the ravenette's face as pride rushed through her all of a sudden. You've came far, Midoriya... good job...

Keiko's grin shrunk to a half-smile when Todoroki laid out a path of ice in a desperate attempt to pass Midoriya.

Thank you Todoroki... it seems you're good at many things other than declarations of war....

(And making up theories about you.)

Shut up, Author. I don't know that shit yet.

(Oooh~ do you kiss your mother with that mouth?~)

You created me like that, you idiot.

(Anyway, back to the story!)

She took advantage and used the ice path, feeling like a professional skater with no blades as she followed right behind the son of Endeavour.

Her eyes narrowed in confusion when she found Midoriya losing height and falling in btween the two in lead.

"For fuck's sake!" She screamed when another explosion happened, making her skid a little.

C'mon, I'm so close!

"Midoriya blocks those behind him! He passes the landmines!"

Keiko caught up with the two and ran in between them, a little bit faster than the half-white-half-red boy but a little bit slower than the ash blonde.

"Eraserhead, you're class is amazing! What are you teaching them?!"

"I didn't do anything. They fired themselves up on their own."

The ravenette panted as she ran in the middle of the pack trying her best to avoid the explsions and the ice coming from both sides.

I won't be able to win against them in a foot race, Keiko realized as she found herself slowing down, exhaustion following her.

"The first one to return to the stadium is... IZUKU MIDORIYA!"

Depserately, she dashed foward, becomjng intangible once more.

It was a reckless decision, considering her speed, but it paid off.

She made it.

"Agh..." Keiko grunted each time her back connected with the ground.

That was the consequence.

She couldn't stop, so now she had to rely on the ground to do it for her.

She tumbled around, before finally stopping on her back.

She groaned, trying to stand up, but failing.

Her hearing dimmed as her vision turned hazy, exhaustion finally overcoming her.

It was overwhelming.

A nap... doesn't sound so bad.

It was announced that she made it in second place, even though she was passed out cold on the ground with Midoriya crouching beside her, trying to wake her up.

[ author's corner ]

Heyo! I'm back!

I'm sorry for the wait, there's some drama going around with my "friend," so I had to sort it out.

And highschool's hard, as many of you know. It sucks.

If there are any typos, I'm really sorry, I'm just doing this on a phone and I don't reread so...

Plus Ultra!

- R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 893 61
Kiyoko Misaki has been a villain her entire life. Only 14 years old, she is a valued member of the League of Villains. Manipulative, cunning, cold, a...
3.3M 97.2K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...
133K 4.9K 64
Himitsu Shiro-combat teacher by day, the Angel Vigilante by night. But who is she really? Older sister to one of the most famous pro heroes of all ti...
305K 11.8K 64
[𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧] (BNHA FanFic Series) As a child, she was abandoned by her parents on the streets. A man came across her and took the l...