Malakai's Possession

deviouslypoetic द्वारा

Erika Bloome was pure innocence. She was the sweetest young woman, and she wasn't very defiant unless need be... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Authors note.
Authors Note.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON CHANGES

Chapter Ten

1.4K 50 14
deviouslypoetic द्वारा

Two days had passed since that weird, crazy vision. I had never had anything like that happen to me before, and I had so many question swirling inside my mind but I had not yet checked in with our Alpha to ask him. Honestly I didn't want to at all.

Just the mere thought of him made me shudder, but I had been avoiding him for two days and I suppose it may have been time to finally ask all the questions I had been dying to ask. Putting away my pride, I headed in the direction in which was his office, the small, packed room he sat in twenty-three out of twenty four hours a day. I swear, if I ever see him out of the office besides reasons such as eating, sleeping and using the bathroom, I will sit in an ice bath.

That's right, an ice bath.

It was just so strange. I would hate to be packed inside of a small, cramped room for hours doing work I probably didn't even care about. What a bore, honestly. I might die from exhaustion or boredom if I had to do something like that. I wouldn't last. I wouldn't even have a chance. Thank god I was not an Alpha.

Heading out of my room, I started roaming my halls in the direction I had managed to memorize in my brain. How many different times had I gone here and was there ever a good outcome? Ninety-nine point nine percent of the time there wasn't.

It only took me a minute to get there and I raised my hand to knock- before I heard something I would have much rather have never heard.

Giggling, whispers, and then silence, and the giggling was not a familiar giggle. Not Christy, not Agatha, and those were the only two women I knew from this place.

I couldn't tune my ears in enough to here what was going on, and I hated to come to assumptions but the scent was warm, and and sweet like honey and that was not Malachai's scent. A woman was in there with him, making him laugh, and whisper..

Silence succumbed it again, and then I heard a small seductive moan- hold up. A moan? Assumptions now didn't need to be made. I had all the proof I needed, practically.

My eyes almost watered, and I let out a small whimper, hoping that I was wrong. But I was too cowardly to check. I was never cowardly before. Why was this act bringing me to my knees so easily? He was cheating on me, I couldn't do anything about it and I was blinded by anger. I never ever would have thought that he was capable of doing such a horrid thing.

Thinking these thoughts, my heart shattered. He was kissing somebody else, and he hadn't even kissed me before. I mean, I haven't really figured out if he kissed her, but I assumed and I hated assuming but I couldn't help myself.

That wasn't me. It wasn't me and it would probably never be me. Not anymore, that is.

I shattered. I completely shattered. With that being said, I simply hurried back up to my room. I received strange looks from many of the pack members that lines the rooms, but many of them looked at me sympathetically. They must have heard too. How embarrassing, the Alpha possibly cheating on his Luna. Pathetic. As soon as I got up there, I closed the door, and nearly crumbled down to the floor, my knees wanting to give out from underneath me. How could he do this? Why would he do this? I knew I was not good enough! Maybe I would never be good enough. I mean he was Malachai Manson, and I was just- well I was just me.

I knew he hated me, but how could he hate me that much? Was I that terrible of a mate? I needed to leave. I needed to leave, and fast. I never would have left my mate no matter how terrible but this was crossing the line.

Considering that I was practically his little toy to play with and crush, I doubt he would even come to his senses that I had left until I was too far gone. Or at least that's what I had hoped.

So the plan was made. I'd leave now, or as soon as possible.

My wolf was whining and pleading for me not to go, but I simply blocked her off. I needed to do this for me. I looked around, grabbing a small bag that I could take with me. It fit only a few items- a sweatshirt and sweatpants- mainly for comfort and warmth, an undershirt as well as several pairs of socks, fuzzy an non. Just for me, I packed a brush and a few hair elastic a because I hated my hair being messy. Zipping that up, I tugged over my shoulders before heading to the window. I was thankful that my inflamed burns died down slightly, making them less painful to touch things but yes- it still ached. I lifted the window, and looked down. This would most likely not go down well but huh, who cares. Slipping my body out of the window, my finger tips were the last to touch as I leaped down, feeling my ankles crack beneath me. Nothing that would halt my leaving, but it hurt for a minute or two.

I looked to make sure nobody was around, before shifting into my whit-ish coloured wold. Wolves coats were based on their innocence- so if you kill many, your coat tends to be darker. Whether it's through self defence or not, a patch gets darker. For me, I was almost innocent, almost a pure whit wolf besides the fact that I had two little, light patches of caramel on parts of my body. Two kills, both out of self defence. Rogues. It was horrible, and I've lost a part of myself since. On that note, leaving one of the darkest wolves I knew was something I needed. I sped off into the greenery surrounding me, not looking back. I couldn't get caught. Please don't let me get caught. I didn't want even to stay here any longer. I wanted home.

I had no idea wear I was going, but I was going straight. On the inside, I felt like I was going in the right direction so I followed my instinct. After almost two or three hours of constant running, that's when I heard a faint howl in the distance. That was my mate. He knew.

But I was almost out of his territory. So far, things were going my way and I could only hope that would last as I was speeding upon the grass that was soft underneath my paws, and for that I was grateful. It wasn't all pebbly and pokey on my poor paws.

The sky was dimming, a more so ugly sunset lining the tree filled sky. Pondering for a moment, I came up with a final time frame. Four hours it took him to realize I was gone. Pathetic.

I heard another howl, and then three more. All different. But one distinct howl caught my attention. It was close. Extremely close. I stopped to look behind me. Nobody was around. I shivered as that was incredibly weird, and turn my face to the front before letting out a growl. It was a wolf, definitely from this pack. He was larger than me, but not by much. Cole. It had to be. He was a dark brownie-grey colour with patches of light beige. You could tell that he has killed at least two or three dozen souls, but there was innocence to him still. He wasn't all gone.

I then growled, shaking myself out of admiring his coat before attempting to get past him, but obviously failing by just a sliver. He had anticipated my move and he was a beta. I clawed at him, slight anger glazing over my wolffish features but he ignored the pain, and his eyes glazed over. No! No! He was contacting either more wolves or the Alpha. I'm so close.

As he was doing that, I made a mad dash, running straight past him. Only ten more minutes and I would pass. Would I last ten minutes? I heard three growls behind me, one obviously my mate. He sounded furious, and that was just his wolfish growl. Not daring to look back, I ran fast, that was until something sharp pierced into my paw.

My pace slowed drastically for at least ten seconds, as I glanced down. Fractions of glass was wedged in the skin of my paws, and it stung like crazy. My stopping was giving him the advantage to speed over and before I knew it he had been in front of me and I was minutes away from a lovely escape. He was dark all over, just the tips of maybe a dozen hairs white, and those hairs surrounded his face. Other than that, he was nearly black, a few dark, dark patches of brown. He has killed hundreds- thousands.

He bared his teeth at me and growled dominantly, angrily. He wanted me to submit but I did the same. I would not back down- hopefully. I snarled at him, whipping my un-injured paw- to try and scare him. Big mistake. He easily tackled my smaller wolf, and I struggled underneath him. I snarled and growled at him, my teeth showing.

He growled back, a powerful growl. It was an Alpha command.

Don't do it, don't give into the Alpha command. I lasted two minutes underneath him but within those two minutes my mind ached, trying to have the capability to not fall for an Alpha's command, but as of that moment I was of lower rank and I couldn't deny the command for long.

I gave off a small whimper, tilting my head away so I didn't have to look at him. I wanted to cry. And scream. And throw a tree at him. So many trees. But I had to restrain myself. He let my pinned body free, and snarled. He was angry. It was obvious that he was livid. That was what had scared me the most.

He made a gesture, indicating for me to shift. I looked around at the two other males, and he tilted his head, a silent motion for them to turn, and they did. At least he had a little respect for my womanly body.

I closed my eyes, and imagined my human form. It was hard because as a wolf, you're focused on your wolf so you only remember little details of your human. I had heard several cases in which wolves lost their human forever. Soon enough though, I heard my bones cracking, and I let out a whimper, before I was in my human form. Completely naked in front of my now shifted mate who had shorts on. He was covered and I was not? No fair. My burns on my left palm were open and raging, as the bits of glass kept themselves burrowed inside my skin.

His eyes scanned my body and I felt completely vulnerable. Although he was not scanning through lust, he was scanning for any terrible injuries and as of that moment it was just my palms. His eyes went gold- his wolf taking over for a second, before he threw me his t-shirt. That small, tiny part was a short sign of lust. I gratefully accepted, throwing it over my smaller body. The shirt fell down to my mid thigh, so I suppose I was as covered as I needed to be.

My eyes met his and betrayal flashed through mine. The asshole of an Alpha had cheated on me- and maybe it took him four hours to realize because he was too busy having sex with the woman I was hearing.

Using his majorly increased wolf and alpha speed, I was roughly forced against a tree and I swear I heard a crack. Wincing slightly, I tilted my head up to meet the man I honestly didn't want to be anywhere close to. Then again, who would after I heard what I heard.

Glaring at him, he finally asked what I had known was on his mind- although he said it in a much harsher tone than I would have expected. But with Alpha Malachai Manson, you have to expect the unexpected.

"Why the fuck did you leave, Erika." He hissed, his dark eyes boring into mine in a look of anger. Anger? No, it was more like lividness. My eyes soon matched his and in a fury, I quickly replied.

"Why did I leave, hmm, why did I leave such a pathetic Alpha?" At this point, I wasn't thinking about what I was saying I was just saying it. "Mates are supposed to love and care for eachother, respect eachother. You couldn't even respect me enough to hold back on another woman you pessimistic fuck. I went to head into your office and all I could smell was sickly sweet honey. Giggling, whispering, moaning? Even other pack members heard it. It was embarrassing, degrading, heartbreaking! And you didn't even give it a thought that I might figure it out, well fuck you, Malachai. Fuck you!" I hadn't realized that a few years leaked out as I spoke all of my hurt. "You know what, Alpha? I Erika Bloome reject Alpha Malachai Manson as my mate." I finished, and the typical pain that I was supposed to feel?

The agony, the heart break, losing a piece of myself?

None of that happened,

To be completely honest, nothing happened, I felt no difference. Scrunching my eyebrows up in confusion, he let out a scoff.

"You can't reject me, Erika. It doesn't work that way. I'm too dark, too monstrous to be rejected. Props though, for having the guts." He hissed, his eyes darkening.

"And Miss. Know it all, I didn't cheat on you. That was Carlotta, and yes she may have tried to go after me, but I didn't let her. She is all over every male in this pack, but she has a distinct liking for me. Who wouldn't though. So before you start bitching at me, stop making fucking assumptions and get over yourself. You're not worth cheating on." He replied bitterly, making my mouth drop.

What an asshole.

With a quick flick of my hand, I smacked his arms away from me- using as much strength as I could muster, and keeping in my pain and I strode away.

"Yeah well maybe you are!" I hissed, implying that maybe this heart break wasn't worth it, and cheating on him was the better idea. I would never, ever cheat on any body but he didn't know that as I strode off into the direction the pack house was in, keeping in my tears until I was at least hidden inside my room.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.8M 57.5K 33
"You are mine. I am yours. We are one." **** Running away on your wedding day is inevitable, especially when the Alp...
702K 22.7K 37
There once were two wolves who each lost a mate. Against all odds, they were brought together through an arrangement. Emerson, Alpha of the Ni...
2.3M 63.7K 42
"I need to talk to you Elly" "Why?!" "I know that you're my mate" I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you di...
Alpha Female Miss Kaz द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

175K 6.3K 23
Alexandryn Harris is the 17 year old future Alpha of her pack, and once she graduates high school she'll be able to succeed her father as Alpha. She...