ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴇʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ

By RmForPresident

my version of the well-known webtoon and k-drama, true beauty. ‧̍̊ ·̊ ‧̥ °̩̥ ˚̩̩̥͙ °̩̥ ‧̥ ·̊ ‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥... More

ᴍᴀɪɴ ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 1
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 2
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 4
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 5
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 6
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 7
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 8
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 9
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 10
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 11
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 12
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 13
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 14
update.??
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 15
ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 16

ᴇᴘɪꜱᴏᴅᴇ 3

1.1K 35 4
By RmForPresident

park beomi p.o.v

"whether i step out of line or not. it's none of your business. and stop being so obvious about trailing me because you're self-conscious."

seojun looked pissed.

"damn, okay suho. that was pretty mean. but i mean, seriously seojun. it's like you guys are soulmates," they stared angrily at each other, "always end up together. and, i mean, the way you stare into each other's eyes. i can feel it. can you guys? can you feel the love tonight?" i sang the last part like the song.

they looked at me strange and then began wandering off.

ugh, finally.

i dashed into the bathroom. i caught a glimpse of jugyeong staring at herself in the mirror before she ran into a corner and hid under her arms.

"no, don't! please leave!"

"jugyeong, it's me. don't worry, i want to help you."

"no!"

gently, i pulled her arms away and tilted her head so she looked at me.

i spoke as softly as i could, "it's okay. come on."

she stood up but stared at the floor.

"what's wrong?"

"look at me. i'm hideous."

"no! look at me!" she looked up at me. "you are so, very pretty. anyone who tells you otherwise is just a jealous liar."

she looked away again.

"i'm serious. you have a great face shape and features. i wish i could just steal it from you. i mean, i have chubby cheeks. and my eyelids, well, are monolids. and my lips! oh my god, my lips! seriously, jugyeong. you are gorgeous with and without makeup. a literal goddess."

"i'm sorry i lied about my face. i'm so scared everyone will hate me if they see my bare face. please beomi, don't tell anyone!"

"about what?"

"my bare face!"

"your what? no, i don't know what you talking about." i winked at her and she giggled sheepishly, finally understanding my joke.

"now, lets get you all fixed up. where should we start with this?"

i helped jugyeong as much as i could with her makeup but she was truly talented. i was nowhere near her skill.

we finished at last and i could tell she felt much more comfortable. we walked out and saw suho.

"thanks... but why did you help me?"

"hey, you."

oh wait, that's not suho.

"nevermind." he turned to me. "you better bring back my helmet tomorrow-"

"sure!" i grabbed jugyeong's hand and ran away.

i really should get him his helmet back, though. eh. i'll figure it out.

...

jugyeong has look distraught ever since the cake incident.

every time she turned my way i tried to cheer her up by sending hand signs but she seemed to distracted to even notice.

at one point she even screamed out in the hallway. she seemed absolutely afraid of suho.

i guess it must be because of when he helped her earlier. i worry for that girl. things always seem to go wrong for her.

...

okay, it's official. something weird is going on between jugyeong and suho.

this morning the sun was peering in through the windows. it was hitting suho right in the face. jugyeong ran to close the curtain.

"because your eyes are precious. see you..."

"meh. your eyes are okay. besides, the sun shouldn't be avoided." i opened the curtain again, "time to get that d! erm, the vitamin d."

suho looked away. i could've sworn i saw him chuckle, but that's absolutely crazy.

suho? laughing? at me? right. i must be hallucinating.

i heard a little clink near me. suho's pencil rolled of his desk and onto the floor. it was closer to my desk than his.

i'll pick it up. i don't think he noticed anyway.

i leaned down and reached for it but instead i got ahold of...

suho's hand? wow, smooth. but, still, suho's hand? like we're in a drama or something.

i looked up and met eyes with him. our faces were literally millimeters away from each other.

we pulled back but were immediately yanked back together. i observed him, trying to figure out what was happening.

i pulled away again and felt my ear tug.

ohh. my earrings. his hair. of course.

i stood up slowly, careful not to pull on suho's hair. now that we were even closer i could untangle his hair from my earring.

suho shuffled but i managed anyway.

"finally, done! i'm so sorry, suho." i picked up his pencil. "here you go."

he didn't say anything, just looked straight ahead. his face was flushed pink.

"um. by the way, your hair is really soft and fluffy. what shampoo and conditioner do you use?" i asked awkwardly.

i was seated now, my chin rested on my palm as i let my curiosity flow.

suho laughed quietly as he brought his hand up to hide his face.

"oh my god! i made you laugh?! i made lee suho laugh!" i stood up victoriously but quickly sat back down when i noticed everyone staring at me.

"so there is some human in you. i hope to see it more often."

suho, still looking slightly pink, continued looking away from me.

...

i walked insouciantly through the halls when a strong force pulled me.

great! what a great way to ruin my mood! well, i won't let him. instead, i'll ruin his.

seojun pushed me against the wall, leaning an arm on the wall next to my head.

"hey, where's my helmet?"

"are you trying to seduce me with this totally unoriginal stance?" he smirked. "'cause it's seriously not working."

he became serious again, "my helmet?"

"i forgot."

"you forgot? you must have no fear."

"kinda."

"you think i'm easy because i'm not doing anything?"

"no. i think you're easy because all boys your type are easy."

"if you don't bring my helmet by tomorrow, be prepared."

"sure, dear."

i walked under his arm joyfully, "limbo!"

i stuck my arm out at a random student walking by and motioned for him to limbo as well. his face flushed as he limboed under my arm.

i high-fived him, "more limbo!"

i twirled before stopping to look at seojun. i winked at him and ultimately skipped away.

i heard the boys cheering and teasing seojun.

i love being a nuisance. especially to him.

...

i have no choice but to tell seojun the truth.

i still can't believe i was dumb enough to sell his helmet. i already contacted the buyer but it will take some time to get it back. and extra money. ugh.

i strode to seojun and his group of friends.

"wow. you look great today seojun." i sucked up to him.

he simpered, "there's no way you folded up my helmet and brought it in your pocket."

"no... but i have something else for you-" i placed a note, apologizing about how i sold his helmet, in his blazer pocket- "but i'm too flustered to tell you in person. please wait until i am gone to read it."

i walked away, hoping he really would wait until i left to read the note.

i heard his friends squealing, "a confession letter! han seojun, look at you go!"

pfft, wait until he reads the note.

...

i done with jugyeong running around doing random things. she's been doing it for days. and whenever anyone asks her about it she just finds some excuse to not talk about it.

i am going to ask her and there's no way she'll get out of it today!

our arms were interlocked as we walked home. i was going to her house today to work on a homework together.

"so, im ju. you've been running around in school a lot lately. what's up with that?"

she sighed, "it's hard to explain. lee suho found out about my bareface. don't ask about it, it's too complicated. i told him i'd do anything if he promised not to tell. now he has me doing tasks for him. ah! it's so tiring!"

"jugyeong, you shouldn't let him!"

"i have no choice!" she whined.

"alright. then let me help you. that way it's less work for you."

"no, it's my fault."

"please. i want to help. as a friend."

she smiled softly and nodded. we continued walking quietly but then she stopped abruptly.

"actually, there is something you can help me with. suho and i agreed that if i do the school talent show i wouldn't have to follow his orders anymore."

"ah. makes sense."

"yeah. except i don't have a talent to perform. you know how to dance, right?"

"well, sort of."

"teach me! please, beomi, teach me to dance!"

i thought about it for a second, "okay. but i want to do the talent show with you."

"really? yay! thank you, park beo!"

...

at jugyeong's house we agreed on the song "maria" by hwasa.

we spent a long time memorizing the steps.

now, today, we were ready for the show.

except, jugyeong wasn't. she rushed to the bathroom right before our turn.

i waited for what seemed like forever but she still didn't come back.

i guess we lost our chance.

"park beomi, are you going to perform?"

"no, sir."

"okay. off you go then, we are starting an important presentation."

i walked away slowly. i felt bad. jugyeong lost her opportunity to get suho off her back.

i heard footsteps nearby and turned around.

jugyeong! she's heading right into the auditorium!

i ran after her. she entered the stage.

omg, this girl! i have to save her!

i braced myself as i opened the door. i pulled her away from the audiences view.

panicked, i picked up the microphone, "a performance to welcome our audience!"

the music on jugyeong's phone began and i danced uncomfortably.

every part of my body cringed as i danced. i just know i'm going to get in trouble.

once i finished the lights turned on. i heard jugyeong gasp.

mr. han spoke up, "delete. principal, i have deleted it right away. yes, beomi is really good at dancing."

i mouthed an apology to mr. han as another teacher began yelling. i bowed and left, embarrassed.

i met jugyeong outside and handed her her phone.

she apologized immensely, "park beomi, you saved me! thank you, thank you! i would've embarrassed myself so much! i'm so sorry you had to do that!"

"it's fine. don't worry about it."

"i'm really sorry! let me pay you back!"

"no, no."

we encountered lee suho but completely ignored him as jugyeong continued apologizing. i noticed him stare at us.

i bet he's laughing at me. i noticed him at the back door while dancing. ugh, i want to be swallowed by the ground right now.

...

jugyeong took me out to eat as an apology for the talent show incident. we went to my house to change into comfortable clothes before, though. jugyeong even removed her makeup because she claimed we were close enough for it. i'm grateful for that.

we were really enjoying ourselves. in fact, i called jugyeong's mother myself so she wouldn't worry about getting in trouble and it worked.

we were finishing our desserts when jugyeong's phone rang. she picked it up to look at the notification.

"aish. lee suho wants a book at the playground in ten minutes."

"bro, right now? doesn't he know it can be dangerous for a lady to go out this late, alone. i'll come with you."

we rushed to pay the food bill and leave. a taxi drove us to the bookstore quickly. it started raining but we didn't let it bother us.

as soon as jugyeong retrieved the book we ran to the playground. as we ran past a food store she bumped into a man, causing him to spill his drink over himself.

"where are you putting your eyes?"

she apologized, "i'm sorry."

"do you know how much this costs?"

"i'm sorry."

dude, she already apologized twice. can't you see we're in a hurry?

"looking like crap."

okay, what the actual heck. he's really starting to frustrate me.

i opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted, "so why are you going around at night and becoming a nuisance to others?"

i shoved him, "hey! who are you to speak?! you think you're so pretty, huh?! well take my advice, no one will think you're attractive if you go around insulting completely innocent people for no reason! she already apologized! is it so difficult to just accept it and just move on?! how self conscious are you that you have to bring others dow-"

i stopped my rant when he threw his drink on me. i gasped dramatically and pounced on him but jugyeong pulled me back.

she muttered, "let's go."

i glared at the men as she dragged me away.

"ugh, something is wrong with people like that. i hate them. i'm sorry they were so disrespectful, im ju. please, don't listen to them." i began muttering, " inconsiderate bastards..."

she didn't speak, she only kept walking to the playground. i could tell she was really upset, probably on the verge of tears if not already crying.

we arrived and suho looked confused to see me.

"you..."

jugyeong extended her arm, handing suho the book, "here."

he turned his attention to jugyeong.

"it's raining, but you don't have an umbrella?"

"why?" jugyeong spoke weakly, "you want me to buy an umbrella? okay."

she began to walk away, i just looked at her, concerned.

"that's not what i'm saying."

"what do you mean it's not? after you called me out at every chance and ordered me around? aren't you being too much? i know i told you i'd do everything that you order me to, but was it fun using my weakness to make me go around here and there? what's the difference between you and those who made me a loner and dumpling shuttle? it's not my fault that i'm ugly, so why is everyone hating on me? couldn't the world be like park beomi? if she hadn't defended me now i think i would've been jumped by some middle aged men." she paused for a second. "what's the point of looking pretty with makeup? i'm still the ugly im jugyeong, and as soon as i transferred, i got caught by someone like you, and i'm afraid of rumors being made, so i can't even sleep well at night. just running around doing these kinds of errands... do you know how i feel? do you not have a secret that you want to hide? you really shouldn't play around with someone's pain."

jugyeong was crying really hard at this point. suho put the book down on a bench behind him and stepped closer to jugyeong. i, being defensive, also stepped forward.

i relaxed when suho took off his sweater and gently placed it over jugyeong's shoulders.

he pulled her to the bench and helped her sit, "stay here for a bit."

suho ran away from us.

i leaped to jugyeong, taking off her glasses to dry her face. i pulled her into my embrace and shushed her.

"thank you, beomi."

i didn't say anything, instead i looked up at her and smiled fondly.

"i'll be back. i need to get something. please, don't leave."

she nodded and i ran the same way suho went.

i arrived at the convenience store from earlier and the group of men were still there. i walked into the store, buying a few things.

i pulled out a drink from my bag.

"sir, i got you this. as an apology."

he smiled widely and stood up, "oh, you! you changed your mind? prettier girls are smarter too, huh?"

i smiled innocently as i opened the drink.

1... 2... 3!

i splashed the drink all over him and even his friends.

i ran away screaming, "you're welcome, bitches!"

i bet they didn't know that pretty girls are revenge-crazy.

i slowed down once i got closer to the playground. suho appeared next to me.

"park beomi. i saw what you did at the convenience store. are those the guys who did this?" he pointed at my stained clothes.

i smiled crookedly and shrugged, "sort of". 

i could tell he wanted to smile but instead he just nodded. we walked to the bench where we had last seen jugyeong. she wasn't there.

suho and i started yelling for her, "jugyeong!"

"im jugyeong!"

i finally noticed her sitting on a bench. i elbowed suho and motioned for her. we ran to her together.

"we thought you left."

"i was just embarrassed. earlier, i wasn't in the right mind..."

suho cut her off by kneeling in front of her.

he pulled out some ointment and carefully smeared it on jugyeong's wound.

"i'm okay," she flinched.

but suho continued.

i feel like a third wheel...

feeling awkward, i looked around the playground. i noticed a motorbike nearby. there was someone standing next to it, but closer.

it was too dark to make out their features but it seemed they were watching us.

i turned my attention back to jugyeong. suho had finished putting a bandage over jugyeong's knee.

"sorry. i'm sorry."

i looked back up to where the person was but they were gone, along with the motorcycle.

"um. i got this... for you." i pulled an umbrella out of the bag from the store. "i know it stopped raining now but it may continue and... here."

i reached for suho but he didn't accept it.

"thank you but no. you need it more."

who knew lee suho could be such a gentleman. and im ju, poor im ju. she must feel really bad right now after what happened.

she deserves things to improve for her. and i believe they will. eventually.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 6.1K 29
❝ it won't matter how loud you love if the other person isn't listening. ❞ [ a true beauty fanfic ] [ lee suho x fem!oc ] [ book two of series ] © 𝐬...
1K 61 20
A tale of three hearts, but only two prevailed. . . . "Tears fell on her cheeks, and at that very moment, it was as if a bright light shone upon her...
15.3K 529 37
~𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙖𝙢 𝙞 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠? 𝙊𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚....~ Jisoo...
38.7K 1.9K 22
【" 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬"】 ───── 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 two former friends start fake dating each other with the idea of actu...