Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

Prayers 1 Part 48

1.5K 27 0
By Licutie269

"Oh God!" Coral breathed out staring at the blood on Sarah's shaking hands, "Give me something to put pressure," she told John B.

Taking the bandana her brother handed her Coral pushed down on the wound flinching when Sarah screamed in pain, "I know.  I know.  I'm sorry but we have to stop the bleeding," she told her as she listened to John B talking to Terrance on the cell phone they had.

"Are they coming?" she asked when he hung up.

"They are," he confirmed before getting out of the truck and coming around to the passenger side.  Opening the door he helped Sarah remove the flannel shirt she had on.  Throwing the bloody bandana to the floor Coral used the shirt in an attempt to stem the flow of blood.

Hearing a car horn, she saw Cleo and Terrance pull up behind them a few minutes later.  Helping Sarah out of the truck they moved her to the other truck as Terrance told John B where to take her, "My guy is good," he assured them, "He'll take care of you, and we'll meet you at the wharf in eight hours," he told them.

Keeping pressure on Sarah's wound Coral thanked the Captain, "We good baby," he replied nodding as he headed back to the truck with the gold.

"Hey, you're gonna need some money," Cleo told them pulling out the melted gold bars that Terrance had taken from them.  Handing them to John B she grabbed his hand, "Take care of them.  Sarah, you're a fighter girl!"

Once Cleo was clear from the truck, John B put it in reverse till they hit the road and then following the GPS, from the text Terrance sent him, drove them back to town to find the doctor.

"What if they take the gold?" Sarah gasped.

"Screw the gold, okay?  We're taking care of you.  We'll get you to the doctor," John B answered as he drove.

Driving as fast as possible John B wove through the streets while Coral kept pressure on the wound, "You're gonna be okay," she repeated to Sarah who was getting weaker and weaker.

"Your destination is in four miles," the GPS told them.

"John B you need to hurry."

"I'm going as fast as I can," he snapped.

Arriving at their destination, John B jumped out of the truck and rushed around to help Sarah out, "Okay, here I got you," he told her.  Climbing out behind them Coral helped her walk from the other side.

"Do you guys know where the doctor is?" John B questioned a group of locals on the sidewalk.

"In there," one answered pointing.  "Thank you," Coral called as they half drug Sarah to the door.

Hitting the callbox they waited for him to answer, "What do you want?" questioned a voice from the callbox.

"I'm looking for Dr. Nygard," John B answered.

"Dr. Nygard's not here."

"Well, do you know where I can find him?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of Terrance's," John B replied, "Look, somebody's been shot."

"Aw, hell," the voice responded, "There's a camera above to your left.  Look at it and let me see your faces," he instructed, "All right, go through the bar.  There's some stairs on the right," he told them after they looked up at the camera.

Struggling with the weight of Sarah, John B lifted her into his arms bridal style as they came to the steps where the doctor was waiting, "It's not her head is it?" he asked, "I don't do heads."

"No, it's her side," Coral answered as they hurried up the steps.

"Take her straight down the hallway here," the doctor instructed John B, "Damn! She's in worse shape than I am."

"That's not helping," Coral snapped as John B carried Sarah down the hallway.  

"They got her good is all I'm saying," Doctor Nygard said, "Put her up there on that table," he told John B pointing as he went to get some medical supplies, "Get her pants down," he called from the other room.

Unsnapping Sarah's shorts Coral pulled the zipper down allowing John B to pull the shorts away from the wound so the doctor could see it better.  

"Alright, get out of my way," the doctor said pushing Coral to the side as he prepared to put an iv in Sarah's arm, "This is gonna put you to sleep," he told her as he stuck a needle into her arm.

Once Sarah was out the doctor began prodding at her wound, "Is she gonna be okay?" John B questioned. 

"Well that remains to be seen," Nygard answered, "She appears to be bleeding from the inside which means I need to go in."

"But?" Coral asked hearing the doubt in the doctors voice.

"But she'll lose a lot more blood which could kill her, and I can't be held liable for that."

"No, you're not liable," John B told him, "Just do what you can," he pleaded.

"Well there's one more thing.  Job like this costs 4K," Nygard said looking at John B and Coral. 

"Yeah, yeah, Coral," John B said looking at her.  Nodding she pulled the melted bars from his bookbag, "This is all we got," she told the doctor.

Taking the gold lump he furrowed his brow, "You're shittin me," he said looking at the gold.  Placing it down on the table he picked up his scalpel, "Lets get to work."

Knowing what was coming next Coral lowered herself into a nearby chair and prayed that Sarah would make it through. 

She must've fallen asleep because the next thing she heard was her brother yelling for the doctor.  Sitting up quickly Coral watched wide eyed as Doctor Nygard came rushing into the room.

Checking the monitor that Sarah was hooked to he swore, "Shit, she's already had to much fluids.  She should be waking up," he told John B, "Hold on.  I have to find something," he said before hurrying out of the room.

Standing Coral walked closer stopping when she heard Sarah whisper her brother's name. 

"Hey sleepyhead," John B said pushing Sarah's hair off her face.

"John B, I can't feel anything," Sarah whispered. 

"No, you're okay.  Just listen to me."

"If I don't make it," Sarah continued as John B shook his head.  "Don't talk like that.  We're gonna leave this creepy doctors office and you're gonna be fine," he assured her.

Blinking through her tears Coral sucked in a breath when Sarah's monitor began going crazy, "What is that?" she whispered wide eyed as the lines on the monitor when flat.

"Doc!"

Rushing back into the room Doctor Nygard asked John B if he knew CPR.  "I do," Coral cried rushing to the table.

"Good, start pumping till I tell you to stop," he instructed as he put together a breathing mask.

"Stop," he said placing the mask on Sarah's face and pumping air into her.  Pausing with her chest compressions Coral waited till the doctor told her to start again.

Trading off one more time the doctor shook his head, "Just stop," he told Coral. 

"No," she whispered continuing chest compressions.

"What is it?  What's going on?" John B cried.

"She's just lost to much blood, kid," he replied before looking at Coral, "It's no use," he said shaking his head and walking out of the room.

"No, JB, pick that fucking thing up and breathe for her," Coral told him as she continued to push on Sarah.

Working together the twins pumped air into the girl laying on the table.  After the fourth try John B shook his head, "Don't you die!" he exclaimed.

"Come on Sarah.  Wake the fuck up," Coral muttered as she paused to allow John B to use the face mask.

Hearing the monitor make noise she turned her head to see some of the lines jump.  "JB," she gasped, grabbing Sarah's wrist she felt a weak pulse.

Checking her neck she laughed, "Doctor! I think she's back!" Coral yelled when she felt a pulse there too.

"Well I'll be damned," Nygard said after checking Sarah.

Overwhelmed Coral stumbled back to her chair as she let the tears flow. 

Nodding off again she jolted awake when she heard Sarah groan, "What are you doing?" she asked when Sarah sat herself up.

"How long was I sleeping?"

"I don't know, but Sarah you were shot.  You can't be up right now," Coral told her as Sarah reached for the iv bag and slid off the table.

"Good Lord," Coral muttered as she came around to help her walk, "You need to lay down."

"No," the stubborn girl replied as they made their way to the room John B and Doctor Nygard were talking in.

Opening the doors the girls stumbled inside.  "Sarah! You need to be laying down," John B told her as he hurried towards them.

Moving out of Coral's arms, Sarah allowed John B to help her, "No we need to go," she told him.

"Sarah, it's done.  It's over with."

"We still have an hour," she replied breathing heavily, "We need to go."

"Anyone ever tell you your stubborn as shit?" Coral questioned.

Making their way downstairs John B paused at the door looking down the street, "Shit," he swore seeing a police officer out on the street. 

"You've gotta be kidding me."

"You guys have a bit of heat on you, huh?" Nygard stated, "We'll I've been there.  Done that so I have an idea," he told them, "Come on," he said waving them around the building.

Handing John B a set of keys he motioned to his car, "Leave the keys under the gas cap and I'll pick it up from the wharf."

Helping Sarah into the front seat Coral looked up at the doctor, "How bad is this gonna be once the anesthesia wears off?"

"Pretty much mind bending," he answered.  "Great," she muttered climbing into the backseat.

"Thank you," John B said as he got behind the wheel. 

Coming around the corner of the wharf Coral slid forward in her seat at the sight of cops by Captain Terrance's boat, "Shit, should we just go?"

"No, just play dumb," Sarah replied as they drove closer.

"Hey slow down," an island cop called as he came up to John B's window, "Roads closed," he told him.

"What happened?"

"Robbery.  There was a shootout," the cop answered, "Now move along."

"Well, is everyone okay?"

"Move on," the cop replied sternly before walking away. 

"JB," Coral whispered pointing towards more island police moving the black containers that had the gold in it.

"Shit. We lost the gold," Sarah realized.

Noticing the cop that had spoken to them looking up from his phone and begin to head back towards them John B told Coral to sit back before turning the wheel and taking off.

Looking out the back window she could see a few officers chasing the car, "Hurry!"

Speeding down the road John B swerved around cars and pedestrians as police cars now joined the chase. 

"We've got two trailing us," Coral told him.

"Hold on!" he yelled before making a sudden left down an alleyway, "Did they follow?"

"No, they kept going," she confirmed watching out the window. 

"Holy shit, I almost hit that person," John B cried as he swerved around a man on the street.

Screaming when a person actually hit the windshield and rolled off Coral hit the seat in front of her when John B slammed on the breaks.

"You just hit a person," Sarah stated wide eyed, "Go, go help them."

"Yeah, okay," John B muttered as he opened his car door and got out.

"Holy shit, it's Cleo," Coral said recognizing the girl John B was helping off  the street. 

Opening the back door Cleo slid into the backseat with Coral, "Hey, girl," she greeted before addressing Sarah, "How'd you make it through?"

"Are you okay?" Sarah questioned without answering.

"Oh yeah just a scrape," Cleo replied, "I went up and over.  Been through worse.  We should get out of here now," she said once John B was back behind the wheel.

"Right," he muttered putting the car in drive.   Looking in the rearview at Cleo he asked, "What happened back there? We went to the wharf and there were cops everywhere."

"We waited for you, but coppers showed up.  They came from every direction.  I jumped overboard," Cleo told them.

"What about Terrance and Stubbs?" Coral asked. 

"I heard gunshots.  I ran there was to many of them."

"Okay, so where do we go?"

"I know a place," Cleo answered as she directed John B to a small marina.  Pulling between two boats he shut off the engine, "You sure we'll be okay here?"

"Yeah, we can stay here till it cools off," Cleo replied. 

"Sarah, you doing okay?"

"I think the anesthesia is wearing off," she groaned. 

Waiting till it was darker the four climbed out of the car, "Streets are quiet.  I can get you to a boat," Cleo told them, "Do you have a place to hole up?"

"Yeah, we'll take the gulf stream as far north as we can go and then find some deserted island to shell up on," John B told her.

"And then what? More running?"

"Coral."

"No, she's right," Sarah spoke up, "Look I know you don't trust the cops, but you're innocent. I think we should go home."

"To OBX?" John B scoffed, "What about Ward?"

"What about Ward? He's the one that should be running not us," Coral responded.

"He said he would tell the truth if we came back," Sarah reminded them, "I can confront him."

"It's not about confronting him.  He's completely untrustworthy."

"I know that, but I'm your alibi.  Trust me," Sarah replied.

"Hey lovebirds," Cleo whistled low to gain their attention, "We're still running from the coppers.  You need to get off the island first.  Can you walk?" she asked Sarah, "Okay, let's go and stay low," Cleo instructed when Sarah nodded. 

Creeping their way around the marina Cleo led them to a boat, "Look familiar?"

"My family's boat," Sarah recognized,  "Figure you guys would've pawned it by now."

"Yeah, well, figure this is a good time to give it back," Cleo laughed as she helped Coral get Sarah onboard, "Wish I could join you guys.  It's a nice dinghy."

"Wait, you're not coming with?" Coral questioned.

"Nah, you three are so hot.  I'm better off on my own."

"Thank you," Coral told her as she stepped up to hug her.  "It's no problem," Cleo replied patting her on the back, "You get back to your JJ," she laughed letting go of Coral. 

"I'm gonna try."

"Alright, to soon for goodbyes y'all.  I'm gonna go get the keys," Cleo told them jumping back to the dock.

"Do we have enough gas?" Coral asked as she and John B got the boat ready.

"Umm...we should be okay if the wind is behind us," he replied after checking the gauge. 

"Hey! You there!"

Gasping the three looked up to an officer shining a flashlight at them, "Put your hands up!"

"Okay, just don't shoot."

Yelping when the officer was hit from behind Coral watched wide eyed as Cleo jumped over the officer only to be tripped by him.  Hitting the deck Cleo rolled over and kicked the officer in the face.  Scrambling to her feet she threw John B the keys for the boat.

"Go!" she yelled, "Get out of here!" she told them before diving off the other side of the dock.

"Untie us!" John B yelled to Coral as he started the boat.  As soon as the mooring lines were clear from the deck John B sped the boat out of the marina.

Hearing shots being fired behind them Coral flinched when she heard a bullet hit the boat, "You know I'm getting real sick and tired of people fucking shooting at us," she stated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 2 26
John B is gone and Savannah must do her best to face the world without her twin brother. Lucky she has her boyfriend and two best friends by her side.
64.4K 576 11
john b and his twin sister, on an adventure to find their father who went missing to have a good time all the time, turns into a treasure hunt. one t...
486 14 13
This is the story of Elizabeth Routledge a loyal friend, sister, and daughter. But of course no matter how bright it shines even the sun has to set.
72.4K 538 99
Ashlyn Routledge lives in the Outer Banks, paradise on earth. She's John B's twin sister and the two have been super close their whole life. They do...