SnowFall

By CutieBlueAngel

[Sequel to SNOWFIRE] [ON-HOLD - unsure of next update] Gataria is under threat. With both humans and Ryders'... More

[New Version] Snowfall
Prologue
A Month Later
Choices
Lake Phobia
Lightning
The First Storm
In Reverse
I Fear What I Can Do
I Wish You The Best
New Roommate
Night Sounds
The Ghost of the Forgotten
Silent Agreement
Just Like Old Times
Beast
Doing Some Good
A Darkness Called Beast
Death Of A Loved One
[CHAPTER STOP]
[Save Her]
Back to Battle
An Awkward Meet Up
Recovery and Discovery
Back to Phoenixia
Stay Quiet
Suspicion
Meeting the Unwelcomed
Aftermath
Water and the Flame
Turner or Mitcovan
When Water Met the Flame
Too Late Now
Two Birds With One Stone
Fear
Was Friends
Ava
Team
Betrayal
Red
Guilt
Friends for Now
Abandoned
Wake Up Jason
Becoming a Shadow
Murderer
Answers
Dreams
Are you Real?
Death Water
Breathe
Never Leave
Stanley
Pollen
The Coroner's Report
Acceptance
A Fish in the Ocean
Awake from Flames
Discovered
Out of the Fire

Back to Work

104 5 0
By CutieBlueAngel

Jason was jittery ever since that night, not to mention he burnt down half the courtyard to show how jittery he was. First, it was a meeting with the deans about the incident and then a power assessment to test his stability and now this.

Jason sighed as he stood outside Ms Kate's house. This house was within Gataria borders and Jason found that he didn't need to go anywhere else to meet his mentor. Ms Kate's house was in the middle of the woods, the place where the trees used to be bare is now covered in lush green leaves to welcome the sun.

He breathed in deeply. The smell of fresh air and summer, the feeling of heat on his shoulders. Feels great...

He stepped forward and knocked. Sweat formed at the side of his forehead as he narrowed his eyes against the wooden door. It was tall, intimidating and the conversation he was expecting frightened him.

The door creaked open and greeted the hesitant warrior.

"Jason," Ms Kate looked pleased to see him. Jason eyed the cat, Missy, by her feet. "Come in. Don't mind the cat. She won't run."

Ms Kate disappeared into the shade and Jason took wary steps inside the room. It was a lovely colour of white, and the furniture was light-washed wood with colours of maple, brown, and ice blue for the seating areas.

Jason felt slightly out of place. A place as dainty and cool coloured as this was a direct contrast to his fiery powers that would render this place into ashes if he wished. But at the same time, something made him feel exactly where he should be. Maybe Ms Kate was too familiar a person to him and maybe because...

Blue...

Ms. Kate brought over two glasses of water, the ice clinking against the delicate glass as she moved. Jason didn't want any, the cold room was enough to cool him, but he didn't say anything when she put them down on the table.

"Sit! Why are you standing?"

Jason wasn't sure why himself. He settled himself on the couch.

"It's good to see you Jason," Ms Kate gave Jason another look. "How is everything?"

Jason expected this before Ms Kate revealed what exactly she wanted to say. He cleared his throat, "It's fine. I..."

Should I tell her?

"Whatever you're hesitating on, I hope you are considering telling me about the fire."

Jason closed his eyes. "I really didn't mean it."

"You know I'm not asking about that."

Jason released a cautious breath, "I... I saw..."

Since when did he become so frightened over hallucinations? Hallucinations, of course. Whatever that was, he couldn't decipher it and it troubled him. Not to mention the previous Ms Taylor was an illusionist who could conjure these matters.

"I saw Ms Taylor— an image of her —but I..."

"The amount of hesitancy doesn't sound like you anymore," Ms Kate said, with a small smile. Jason opened his mouth but was interrupted when Missy jumped onto his legs, earning a fright from Jason and a laugh coming from Ms Kate.

"Missy is quite fearless, I'm sure you know."

Jason stifled a chuckle, "Of course."

"She's very fond of Eira."

Hearing Eira's name was like hearing wind chimes on a fine day, somewhere in the distance, unseen and unexpected. And one would think a simple breeze wouldn't stir it, but it chimes, and it cannot be unheard.

Jason had his hand raised, unsure where to pet but Missy picked a comfortable spot on his lap and began to sleep. Carefully, he put his palm on top of Missy's rising and falling back.

"Eira's... been here?"

"She's seen me when she was at a state of being lost, you could say," Ms Kate sipped on her water and added, "About her powers."

"Oh, right."

"How is she? I heard she's faring well at the Academy."

"I haven't been speaking to her much," he shrugged. "She's busy."

There was an unpleasant feeling within his chest and he wasn't sure he could explain that sensation.

"Does your wound still hurt?"

Jason lifted his gaze, and then shifted it to his lower chest. He didn't realise he had put his hand there, and now that they were speaking of it, it was dully throbbing.

"From time to time, it hurts," Jason let out a short breath. "I'm kinda worried. Healers have healed it already. I don't know why..."

Ms Kate's expression held the same worry. "It worries me. You and Eira, both."

Jason sighed, "It's not me but Eira you should worry about. She's been distanced and... I tried talking to her. She seemed fine and joked and talked and stuff but I know she's still worried about something."

"She's training with a professor there. His name is Lathan, if you recall?"

"I don't think I had the honour of being taught by him yet."

Ms Kate nodded, "I'm thinking that you should go and train with her."

Jason raised his head. "Will the professor agree?"

"I've told him you and Eira used to train together when she first came to the field. He believed an element at the opposite end of the circle would do her some good and challenge."

"That's great news," Jason smiled but quickly returned to his neutral look. "But I want to know what's really going on with Eira."

Ms Kate shook her head slightly, "I haven't heard from Lathan. We have to check her progress from time to time."

Jason nodded.

"The other thing," Ms Kate placed down her cup and shifted in her seat. Missy raised her head and then laid it back down again, "I wanted to ask if you're willing to continue leading Phoenixia."

Jason furrowed, "Um, yes but isn't Phoenixia technically disbanded? Phoenixia really existed for the sake of being on the other side of the gates. Once we complete that part of the curriculum it would be the next Phoenixia-"

"I've decided that Phoenixia would be kept," Ms Kate nodded slowly and Jason felt fear and excitement rush through him. "It's members would include people you trust. The next Ryders who'll go to the field will not be called Phoenixia but something else."

Jason couldn't keep his smile off his face, "You're gifting the name to us."

Ms Kate smiled, "Yes, but bearing the name doesn't mean it doesn't come with responsibilities."

"What do you need me to do?"

"That's the spirit," Ms Kate grinned. "Skyler is listed as AWOL and then there's Luke."

Jason's smile faltered.

"I suspect there's a bigger criminal organisation outside and Ms Taylor was just part of it. Skyler and Luke must be working for someone."

"You want us to find out who?"

Ms Kate shook her head. "I want Phoenixia to train regularly, hence, you'll join the Scouts Club at the Academy. They do the scouting work which will prove some use to the team but also it'll do you some good to watch for movements within the school."

"You mean... they're here?"

"They might come is what I meant. For some reason I felt that targeting you and Eira weren't so much a coincidence. Perhaps they picked you and Eira for a certain reason— something to do with a certain type of flower."

"Archias" Jason frowned and then stifled a chuckle, shaking his head, "it's not real. Merely a fable. Even if it was real, Jona and Callie didn't manage to find it so what have you."

"I want you to think about it. What if Archias really existed? What would happen?"

Jason let out a breath, and looked to the ceiling, "Well, let's see, people would go to lengths to find it and once they find it, whoever it is, they'll..." Jason's expression fell. "They'll get the most important component to..."

"Make a potion that is powerful enough to take one's core."

Jason's chest tightened and he felt his wound burn once again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 5.4K 46
Eira Riley has a secret to hide, even though she doesn't want to. She loves her powers of ice and snow. When dark forces enter her world, she is for...
268K 10.6K 49
The first part from The Elements series. Meet Shadow Renoir. She's in her last year in high school and she's one of those kid you see in the hallway...
Danger By Lexi

Science Fiction

3.8K 857 34
(Book 2 of Vanished) It's been four months since everyone over the age of fifteen vanished. As food becomes scarce, hunger sets in. People desperate...
62.6K 3.7K 33
It's been three years since the war ended. The society and its people are living together in harmony, and Julia relishes in the peace. But when Henle...