My Prison Pen Pal

By rosegoldbitchass

As a result of past trauma, Lucy, a hardworking nurse, has kept herself in a safe bubble, only letting her cl... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 11

25.8K 599 89
By rosegoldbitchass

       Michelle and Kiera stand in the kitchen shocked as Braden and I awkwardly stand up from the couch and clear our throats.

      "Oh hey! Um, I thought you guys would be home later!"

      I say while I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. By the way Kiera is smirking at me, I can tell my face is bright red.

    "Lucy, it is later, it is 11:30."

    My eyes bug out and I look over at the clock. Wow, it's already so late. Time really does fly by when I am with Braden.

    "Is this the famous Braden?"

    Michelle steps forward to shake Braden's hand. I roll my eyes at her when she puts on her intimidating face and squeezes his hand tightly.

    "Yes, I'm Braden. I am assuming you are Michelle, and you are Kiera?"

    Braden stops shaking Michelle's hand, puts both his hands in the pockets of his black jeans, and nods his head in greeting at Kiera. I go to stand next to Braden and loop both my arms around his right arm that has a space for me because his hands are in his pockets. As soon as I make contact with him, he visibly relaxes, making me feel warm and wanted inside.

    "Yes, nice to meet you Braden. I hope you guys had a nice night....sure looked like you did based on the position you were in when we entered."

    Kiera taunts while plastering on a shit-eating grin and wiggling her eyebrows at me. Immediately I blush and pull Braden to the door.

    "On that note, we are going to go say goodnight."

    I can tell Braden enjoyed Kiera's banter because as we were walking to the door he laughs and waves at the two of them.

    "Nice to meet you guys! Have a nice night."

    Once the two of us make it to the opened door, Braden turns around and takes a step closer to me. After a couple of seconds of gazing into my eyes, he brings his hand up to my cheek and gently caresses it.

    "I really enjoyed tonight."

    He mumbles, getting lost in the moment.

    "Me, too. Hopefully we can see each other soon."

    Nodding, Braden reaches into his pocket and grabs his phone. He opens up the contacts app and asks me to type my number in. My face breaks out in a grin and I quickly fill out my name and phone number.

    "I'll text you my work schedule for this week, and we can figure out another night to see each other. This time, my treat."

    "That sounds great, Braden. I think I don't have as many hours this week so we will definitely be able to do something."

    He nods and pulls me into a tight hug. We stay in that embrace for a few seconds, just relishing in the feeling of being with each other. Pulling away, Braden places a light kiss on my cheek that leaves tingles all over my face.

    "Goodnight Lucy."

    "Goodnight Braden."

I wave at him while he walks down the hallway, eventually disappearing into the elevator.

    A few days later, I am sitting in the break room of the clinic eating my salad and scrolling through my phone.

Unknown Number: Hi Lucy, this is Braden.

   Butterflies creep into my stomach and I immediately text back.

Me: Hey! How are you doing?

Braden: I am doing great, just doing some grocery shopping. What are you up to?

Me: I am currently on break at work. Only a few more hours left of my shift!

Braden: I want to take you out tonight.

    My heart skips a beat and I can't help but blush. I haven't been asked out by anyone in at least a year.

Me: I get off work at 7 pm. Is that too late?

Braden: No, how far away is your work from the apartment?

Me: Just about 15 minutes.

Braden: Let's go see that new horror movie that came out last Friday. I think I can get us tickets to an 8:00 showing.

    I never watch horror movies because I am a scaredy cat and get nightmares for at least a week after, but with Braden beside me, I think I will be just fine.

Me: That sounds great. I'll text you when I am back at my apartment.

Braden: See you soon Luce.

    Seeing that my break is over, I pack up my empty tupperware, fill up my water bottle, and walk back into the office to check in with one of our head pediatricians.

    A few hours pass and when it is time to head home, my stomach is filled with nerves. A million questions run through my head. What if this date is awkward? What if he decides that I am weird or not worth it? What if I get into a relationship with him and he cheats on me again? Is this even a date? He didn't say it was a date.

    When I get into my car to drive home, I take a minute to myself. Resting my delicate head on the steering wheel, I take a few deep breaths and remind myself that I can't just stay locked up in my apartment. I need to get out there and live up my twenties. Why not take this opportunity to go out, especially since it is with someone who literally makes my cooch light on fire when i'm around him.

    After taking a deep breath and talking myself out of a hole, I feel a little better. I start the car, turn on the street, and head to my apartment. When I unlock my apartment I immediately go to Kiera's room and open the door.

    "AHHHHHH"

    I scream and slap my hand over my eyes. Michelle is butt ass naked straddling a half naked Kiera. As soon as I walk in and scream they dive under the covers.

    "WHAT THE FUCK LUCY I THOUGHT YOU WERE AT WORK"

    Kiera yells at me out of embarrassment. I try to walk out of the room but bang my head against the door because my hand is still slapped over my eyes.

    "Ouch! I was just trying to borrow your zebra stripe pants! I have a date - well I don't know if it's a date - with Braden! Are you covered yet?"

    They both assure me they are covered so I turn around and retract my hand from my eyes.

    "Kiera I really need those pants, they would go so well with my leather blazer and they make my ass look really good."

    Kiera sighs and rubs her temples.

    "Fine, they are hanging up in my closet. Hurry, I was literally so close!"

    Kiera complains. I grab the pants that are hanging and run out of the room.

    "Gross, Kiera TMI!"

    "Good luck!"

    Michelle yells while I close their door and run into my room. Immediately, I strip out of my dirty work scrubs and pull on the zebra pants, a black crop top, my leather blazer, and my black Doc Martens. Entering the bathroom, I brush my teeth, and put on some deodorant. As soon as I am dressed, I shoot Braden a text saying that I am ready and asking if I should meet him at his apartment. He reads the text, but does not respond. Hmm. A few seconds later I hear a knock at the front door.

    I open it to find a sexy Braden waiting on the other side of the door. He is dressed in a leather jacket, white tee, and ripped black jeans.

    "Lucy, you look great."

    Braden looks me up and down slowly, lingering on where my breasts peek out from the top of my crop top. He licks his lips and runs his hand through his luscious black locks. I smile.

    "Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself."

    I grab my black shoulder bag, close the door and lock it. As I am focusing on locking the bolt, Braden kisses my cheek from behind, lightly pressing his body up against the back of mine. Giggling at his suave move, I grab his hand and pull him down the hallway to the elevators.

    "So, are you a horror movie fan?"

    I ask Braden, leaning against the elevator wall.

    "Yes. Something about rooting for your favorite characters and the suspense of not knowing if they are going to make it is so entertaining. Other shows just lose my attention."

    "Hmmm"

    I say.

    "I am not the biggest horror fan. I watched Jaws one time and had nightmares for a week. Usually, I stick to romance or comedies."

    Braden furrows his brows and takes a step toward me.

    "Lucy, if I knew you didn't like horror movies I would have picked something different!"

    "No, Braden, it's ok! I actually feel okay watching a horror movie as long as you are there next to me. Y-you make me feel safe."

    When I realize what I just admitted to him, I turn bright red and look down avoiding eye contact. He brings his hand under my chin and moves my head upward so we make eye contact.

    "Good. I will always be there."

    Both of us exit the elevator, hop into my car and arrive at the theatre in time to make the 8 pm showing. I offer to Venmo Braden for the tickets but he brushes me off and refuses. When we make it into the theatre, we find that our seats are in the middle of the theatre, sandwiched between a couple that is currently messily making out and a man who looks like he has an olympic gold medal in weightlifting. Together, we sit down and get comfortable, or at least try to get comfortable because the huge thigh of the man sitting next to me is taking up almost all of the legroom. Braden notices, puts up the armrest between us, grabs my legs with his strong hands, and places them on his lap. He leans into me to ask,

    "Is this ok?"

    I nod reassuringly and rest my head against his shoulder. As soon as the movie starts, I scoot in closer to Braden. Every time a jump-scare would pop up on screen, I would turn my face into his chest and scream out with the rest of the audience. I think Braden was enjoying it though, because every time I would jump, he would gently brush his hand through my hair and laugh a little bit. By the end of the movie though, I was actually enjoying the storyline because the two main characters end up falling in love.

    As soon as the lights come on in the theatre, I slowly untangle myself from Braden's arms and stretch my stiff arms above my head, yawning.

    "Are you tired?"

Braden asks as we exit the theatre, his warm hand holding mine tightly.

    "A little but if I go home straight away I will not be able to sleep."

He chuckles and asks if I want to go on a little walk by the lake that the cinema is located on. I happily agree.

    "So, then you didn't like the movie?"

    Braden asks nervously. I squeeze his hand reassuringly and shake my head.

    "No actually, I really enjoyed it. Obviously, the jump scares weren't my favorite"

    He chuckles and I lightly slap his chest, rolling my eyes.

    "But, the storyline was great... and, I might have liked the cuddles."

    Braden and I stop at the lake viewpoint, he wraps his arm around my middle and brings me into him. One thing I have noticed about Braden is that he always likes to have me in close proximity. If I walk across to the other side of the room, he will follow, or even if I am sitting a little bit away from him, he will bring me closer. These little actions bring butterflies to my stomach.

    "Me too."

    He whispers into my ear. Shivers run down my spine and I let out a breath I have been holding. I watch it cloud up around us in the chilly night air.

    "So, now that you are living on your own, have you thought about contacting anyone from before you were incarcerated? Any old friends you have been talking to or checking up on?"

    I ask out of curiosity. Braden sighs.

    "There is one friend I have, his name is Clide and he is a chef at a steakhouse about twenty minutes from here. I just found him on instagram and I have been thinking about reaching out to him, but I haven't decided if I want to have any connections with people from my past. As for anyone else I knew before, no."

    I nod and run my hand up and down his back gently.

    "If Clide was a good friend to you and you miss him, I would encourage you to at least check in with him. But, it's whatever you're comfortable with. I will support you either way."

    "Thanks Lucy."

    Braden slightly smiles at me and I recognize gratitude in his eyes.

    "Let's go back now, it's pretty cold."

    While we are walking to the car Braden offers me his leather jacket multiple times, but I refuse, telling him that I am not going to have him catch a cold.

    Once we are in the car and I am pulling out of the parking lot, I give Braden AUX power, which he happily accepts. While Braden pulls up one of his favorite artists, Phoebe Bridgers, he rests his palm on my thigh, immediately causing warmth to spread all throughout my lower body.

    Entering the complex, Braden is tightly holding my hand, almost as if he wants to squeeze out all the sparks and tingles we feel when we touch each other, and save it until the next time we see each other.

    Walking out of the elevator to my apartment Braden has scooched closer and closer to me. Now he is walking right next to me and I couldn't be happier. Pretty soon we arrive to my door and I turn to face him.

    "Thanks for tonight. I truly had the best time."

    "Of course, I really enjoyed seeing you, hopefully you aren't too scared of anything tonight. If anything freaks you out, give me a call and I will come running."

    I bring Braden into a warm hug, wrapping my hands around his shoulders and embracing him tightly. His large hands snake around my waist and lift me up, my feet dangling off the floor for a few seconds. Laughing, Braden sets me down and looks deeply into my eyes. Sizzling tension fills the air as he slowly, gently, runs his finger through the back of my hair. Closing my eyes, I wait patiently for him to close the distance between us and place his soft lips on mine.

    "Goodnight Lucy."

    Braden takes his hands away from me, and swiftly walks down the hallway without a second glance. I am still standing outside my door looking at the empty elevators when it registers that he didn't kiss me. Without his hands caressing my hair and his body pressed up against mine, I feel cold and alone.

    Why didn't he kiss me? Did I really just misread that whole entire date and conversation? Did I do something?

    Disappointed, I unlock my front door and step into my dark and now creepy apartment. Remind me again why I agreed to watch that horror movie again? Oh yeah, because hot Braden asks me to go with him and all sense of myself flies out the window for a boy that obviously doesn't even like me?

    I sigh loudly, rub in between my eyes, and walk into my bathroom. I am already changed into my unicorn pajamas, have all my makeup off, and my hair up in a messy bun when I hear a banging on the front door.

Braden's POV:

    As soon as I make it to the door of my apartment I know I have made a mistake. More than anything, I want to kiss Lucy and feel her body against mine. But, as soon as I saw her there waiting for me to kiss me like an absolute angel, my doubts creeped in. She is a pediatric nurse. I am an ex-convict. There is no way I deserve her, I cannot drag her into my messed up life.

    How can I not be with her though? We have such a perfect connection, she is breathtaking, and one of the kindest people I have ever met. I will never be good enough for her, but I am going to spend everyday trying to be. Starting now.

    Turning around, I sprint into the elevator and press level three. I anxiously wait for the elevator to ascend, my mind filling with lust as I imagine her pressed up against me, moaning, and running her hands through my hair.

    Before I know it, I am standing in front of her door, hurriedly banging on the door like my life depends on it. A few seconds pass by, and a startled Lucy opens the door slowly and peeks out.

    She is dressed in baggy unicorn pajamas, a messy bun, and has acne cream placed on her forehead. She is perfect.

    I reach out, take hold of her arm, bring her towards me, slam the door, push her smaller body against it, and reach down to connect our lips. At first she is surprised, but after a few seconds her lips melt against mine. Her lips are soft and her movements are gentle against my passionate and dominant ones. I wrap my arms around her inviting waist, bringing her closer and closer. I swipe my tongue against her lower lip asking for entrance. She immediately accepts and opens for me, sighing. I dive in, caressing her tongue with my own as I reach down and kneed her alluring ass that feels so good under my hands.

    She tangles her fingers in my hair, pulling on the strands slightly, causing a growl to escape me. I push her harder into the door, making sure one of my hands is behind her head to protect her from any hurt.

    With my other hand, I grasp one of her legs and pull it upwards so I can push against her fully, my hardness slightly rubbing against her core. I roll my hips slowly against hers which causes her to release a moan at my movements and pull back to relish in the feeling. I move my lips down, placing open mouthed kisses on her neck and down on the tops of her breasts. I reach up and massage her left breast as I lean down and suck on the top of the right one, enjoying the feel of them under my hands. I know if we keep going, I will end up fucking her against this door. I don't want anyone else to see her like this, so I decide to pull back and continue this another day when we have more privacy. I release her lips from mine, connect our foreheads, and stare into her eyes. We take a few breaths together, trying to regain the breath that both of us just lost. After a few seconds, I release her leg and breast from my hands and instead bring her into a loving hug.

    "I just had to."

    I breathe out just before I place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

    "Well, it was a good move."

    Lucy laughs a little and pulls back from our breathless embrace.

    "You know what I just realized."

    Lucy says with an annoyed grin on her face.

    "What?"

    "Braden, you just locked me out of my apartment."

Hope you enjoyed the longer update today!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 54.4K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...
324K 5.9K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 π†πšπ«πœπ’πš π’πžπ«π’πžπ¬ What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...
715K 24.4K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
147K 3.5K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...