NHL IMAGINES

By flameshockeyy

these are from my old tumblr account, matthewttkachuk. all of these works are mine, they are not taken. More

Velvet Elvis - M. Barzal
My Home Is The Saddle - M. Tkachuk
Wonder Woman - N. Patrick
Happy Birthday - M. Barzal (18+!)
Rainbow - N. Patrick
War and Peace - N. Hischier
Happy & Sad - C. Hart
Lonely Weekend - K. Dach
Mother - K. Dach (part 2, 18+!)
Golden Hour - T. Jost
Slow Burn - B. Boeser

What Friends Are For - M. Tkachuk

424 5 0
By flameshockeyy

triggers: pregnancy, mentions of birth
words: 2k

Matthew swore that you wouldn't be alone. Ever since you broke the news to him last year that you were pregnant, he promised you that he would be there for you every step of the way. And he was faithful with that. He felt incredibly honored that he was the first person you told. You came to him right after the two minute timer was up and the test read "positive".

He was also the first person that you had to restrain from beating the other man's face when he heard the news that he didn't want to be involved. Matthew couldn't believe it.

"First he gets you pregnant and now he doesn't want any part of it?! If anything, it's his responsibility!" Matthew cried as he stood a few feet from you in the kitchen. You were just as shocked as he was. Sure, you'd only been dating the guy for a few months but you would have thought he would have had the decency to help you out a little bit, or at least offer.

"Matty don't get like that. I can do this on my own, I'm sure." you said, hopping up onto the marble counter. Matthew had to control himself even more now- you were gonna do this yourself? Not on his watch.

"No, I'm gonna help you." he suggested, now standing in front of you in the kitchen. The serious look on his face almost made you cackle. His eyes were dark and his lips were pursed, his eyebrows furrowing together. "Y/N i'm serious! I know i don't know a lot about pregnancy but to be fair, neither do you."

And he was right. The most you knew about pregnancy was that it lasted nine months, the smell of paper made you sick to your stomach, and that you were looking forward to growing a child inside of you. Sure, you'd thought about abortion but it just didn't seem...right. Ever since you heard the heartbeat, the heartbeat of the baby inside of you, of the tiny little human that was barely the size of your hand, you immediately loved them.

"Just let me help you. I can take you to the doctors appointments, i can help you buy clothes, i can help you build the crib-"

"Stop right there," you interrupted, "you're not building anything. Remember when you put together that kitchen table and not even a week later it fell to pieces?" you scolded, making his cheeks go red and his head fall back.

He sighed and waved his hands in front of your face, causing you to giggle. "Stop changing the subject- I want to help. Let me help you." he could see the hesitation on your face. Matthew knew you better than you liked to admit, and he could read you like a book. "Come onnnnnn Y/N! I wanna be Uncle chuck!"

You burst out laughing at his words. Matthew let out a chuckle of his own, stepping forward and resting his hands on your shoulders. He gave you puppy eyes, that being his last effort to get you to say yes. "Alright, fine."

He smiled from ear to ear happily and wrapped his arms around your body and squeezed you tight. "I won't let either of you down, I promise."

And Matthew has stayed true to his promise. He's brought you into his home, letting you stay in his guest room. He actually insisted on you being there because if anything were to happen he wanted to be there to help you.

And now you were thirty six weeks into your pregnancy and you were ready to get this baby out. And the summer heat didn't help you either. You were hot twenty-four-seven, every time you moved it felt like the room was spinning. And not to mention you didn't get much sleep. The Fourth of July weekend couldn't come any faster.

It was nearing two in the morning and all you could think about was french fries from McDonalds. You didn't want to bother Matthew, he'd just gotten back from the family trip to the Bahamas. He was very tired and very jet lagged. But you couldn't take this craving any longer.

Tossing the covers off of your warm body you got out of bed slowly, slipping into your sandals as you walked down the hallway towards Matthews room. Softly knocking on the door and saying his name, you open the door and quietly step over to where he was peacefully sleeping. He looked so calm, and there were loud snores coming out of his mouth. But at this moment, you didn't give a shit. You wanted french fries.

Shaking him slightly he woke up in a tussle. Pushing himself up he looked up at you as you turned on his bedside lamp. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" he reaches out his hand and places it softly on your bump, his other hand rubbing his eyes.

"I need french fries, Matthew." he gave you a puzzled look and felt the need to start laughing, but this was not out of the ordinary for you by this point. He sighed, tossing the covers off of his warm body and standing up. Shuffling over to his closet he pulled a hoodie over his body, sliding into some vans for the short drive down the street.

He mumbled a "c'mon," as he grabbed your hand and softly led you to the garage. Matthew had his own place in St. Louis, he figured that he might as well get one since he would be living here half of the year anyway. And he was glad he did, because how awkward would it be bringing his heavily pregnant friend to his hometown with him, and having her live with his family?

The car drive was quiet. Matthew wasn't much of a talker when he first woke up. Normally it takes him about thirty minutes to fully wake up and become his normal self.

Sooner rather than later, Matthew had ordered three large french fries from the McDonalds down the street. As soon as he handed you the paper sack you dove into the hot fries. You groaned at the taste, as your starvation and craving were satisfied. He laughed at how you ate them so fast, but he knows better than anyone how bad your pregnancy cravings can get.

"So, do you have a name yet?" he asked, his voice still scratchy from sleep. Turning into the neighborhood that he called home for five months out of the year you continued to munch on your fries.

"I'm thinking Violet," you said as you finished off one of the cartons quickly. He pulled the car into the driveway and parked it, humming in agreement of the name. "I like that, it's pretty." he got out of the car and walked around to open the door for you and help you get out.

"It doesn't sound too old lady-ish, does it?" you asked as he walked with you to the front door. He chuckled as he waited patiently for you to enter the house. "No, it doesn't."

-

July 4th had arrived, but baby Violet didn't. The doctors told you that if she didn't come within a week you would be induced, but you didn't know if you could wait a week.

It was early in the morning as you walked around the living room with hope. You got just a few hours of sleep but you were still trying to put a smile on your face. Sipping on some water you looked out onto the backyard, watching the sun rise.

But soon enough, you felt pains go through your body. You've already experienced Braxton Hicks before, but this was totally different. This was real.

Shuffling over to the kitchen you set your bottle of water down on the counter and rested your arms on the cold marble. Dipping your head down, you take a deep breath. Looking on your watch you start to time them apart, and right now they're only eight minutes apart. Ten minutes went by and so did more contractions. Which meant Violet would soon arrive.

"Good mor- oh my god, are you okay?" Matthew asked as he stood a few feet from you in the living room. You let out a long deep breath as you stood up straight and took in a deep breath. "Is it time?" he asked, his voice softer while he got closer to you.

He noticed the worried look in your eyes, and he knew it was time. "I..i don't know. The contractions are eight minutes apart but my water hasn't broken yet," you explained. He rested his hands on your shoulders as an effort to calm you down, and to calm himself down. He knew that shit would hit the fan if he freaked out.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" you chewed on your lip and felt a wave of nerves go through your body. You nodded your head and soon Matthew ran back to grab the bag that he helped you put together and change his clothes. After loading everything in the car he came back inside to find you in the exact same spot where he had left you.

He helped you walk to the car, but nearly dropped to his knees when he felt you squeeze his hand when another contraction came. "Shit you're strong," he said through gritted teeth.

Just as he was about to start the car you stopped him by putting his hand on your arm, "Matty," you started, your breathing more staggered now. "I want you to sign the birth certificate." he parted his lips in shock, his eyes wide open. Just as you are about to get worried he nodded his head, "okay, i'll sign it."

You took a breath of relief, leaning back into the leather seat. He drove you to the hospital, nearly hitting a car or two on the way. When he got to the hospital he rushed inside explaining the situation and soon a few nurses came out and brought you inside. He called his mother and explained the situation, saying that he probably won't make it to dinner tonight.

Four agonizing hours went by and there was still no baby. Matthews' family showed up, everyone but Chantal and Matthew were outside of the room. As soon as you felt like something was about to happen the nurse told you that you were only seven centimeters dilated.

But seven turned into eight, eight turned into nine, and nine turned into ten. And now, it was time to start pushing. You held both Matthews hand and Chantals hand, Matthew not understanding how his mom wasn't grimacing at how hard you were squeezing.

"Matty I can't do this," you cried, tears of frustration and fear rolling down your hot cheeks. He looked you in the eyes while holding your hand, brushing some of the tears and sweat off of your face. "Yes you can Y/N, I know you can. If anybody can do this it's you." he lightly kissed your forehead and with his words of encouragement from both Tkachuk standing right beside you, you started to do what mothers do.

Screams of pain and agony filled the room but they were quickly replaced with cries of a tiny little baby. You fell back against the pillows as she was handed to you after being wiped down and Matthew cutting the umbilical cord. She was born with a head full of your hair color, the same nose as you and she even had your ear shape. Your own little mini me.

"She's gorgeous Y/N," Chantal commented, standing behind Matthew while peeking over his shoulder. You looked at your baby in awe, and with love filling your heart that you didn't know was possible. You held out your finger and instantly she wrapped her finger around it, squeezing it tightly. "Nice to meet you, babygirl." you whispered.

Matthew was handed the birth certificate and looked at you right before signing it. "Put Y/L/N-Tkachuk, if you're okay with that." he smiled and nodded his head, putting that exact name on the certificate.

"So does this mean i have a grandbaby?" Chantal asked with hopeful eyes and a wide grin. You chuckled and nodded your head, looking over at Matthew with a smile. "Yeah, i think it does."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 10.8K 200
request it, i'll write it. i can make your nhl dreams come true :) BOOK IS FULL
8.2K 143 14
β€’ it was like i blinked and suddenly i saw what i've been looking for this entire time. and then i blinked again and thought i had lost you forever β€’...
48.9K 585 61
❝i'd go back to december all the time.❞
47K 1.2K 126
list of hockey men with preferences and small imagines auston matthews connor mcdavid david pastrnak matthew tkachuk mitch marner nolan patrick tyler...