Burn

By AvidlyAsinine

When he summons a demon in a desperate bid to save his Mother from his abusive Father, the last thing Carter... More

Introduction
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
Character Boards and Concept Art
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
A Letter to Gloria
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
EPILOGUE
PART 2
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8

PROLOGUE

204 13 0
By AvidlyAsinine

She'd waited a long time for this.

A breeze stirred on her face, brushing the hair from her eyes and blowing cooly across her skin. A sigh crawled from the misused recesses of her chest and burst forth in a hiss of satisfaction.

It'd been so long since she'd had hair and eyes and skin, since she'd had any need for a breeze or a breath. These were mortal things, things that were not necessary in the existence she led.

Which could only mean...

Through the inky expanse in which she inhabited, a sudden light made itself known, parting the darkness like the sun clearing fog from a dewy field. Around her, shapes and colours made themselves known, and the scents of wet pavement and freshly mown grass floated in from the outside.

She could almost taste it, this other realm, existing just beyond her own.

If she only she could reach out and-

There.

A sudden tugging at her newly formed midriff, like a hook ensnared around her middle, pulling her forward through the gloom.

There seemed a moment where it all flew by her, fire and shadow and heat, terrible screaming that bounced from the internal catacombs of her skull, ear-splitting and heart-rending. She tore through it all like a knife tearing through paper.

And when she tumbled forth from the ether, scraping ash and cinder from her knees as though they were lint, a flash of brilliant triumph blazed through her from horn tip to tip toe.

She'd waited a long time for this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 959 38
BoyxBoy Charlie is a young boy who spent his entire life away from society. Moving into a place, filled with people and new experiences, can be quite...
Heart's Choice By SG Gardner

Mystery / Thriller

27.4K 4.7K 39
Finally free of the possessions that plagued him since childhood, Carlos moves to Spring Lakes and opens his own auto-garage. But even a life free of...
157K 9.9K 42
Riley is a normal teenager. A rebel with a taste for speed and motorbikes, his life is as normal as it can be going through life with his cute gay be...
58.2K 2K 19
There had been a war between humans and demons for a few years now, but despite all that, Raya hadn't really heard much about it since he lived alone...