A new life

By Daovenerable

"What will you do now, Shadow Monarch" asked the envoy of the rulers "Travel" replied the only monarch left i... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3- new world
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Update
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
A/N

Part 11

5.7K 166 58
By Daovenerable

Hello all gain and welcome back to my story. Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoy.

Arthur's POV

I awoke to the sound of Ellie screaming at me and a Elijah to wake up. I was the first to wake up so after seeing the sleeping dwarf next to me I kicked him off the bed to wake him.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!!" Elijah screamed at me as I broke out in a fit of laughter whilst he stormed off to get ready.

After getting washed I noticed that I was taller than what a normal twelve year old would be and I would probably be even in a fight with a white core if I only used my physical strength. I got ready in the uniform that I had been given by the academy and went downstairs for breakfast.

As I entered the dining room I noticed everyone looking at me with a smile, to which I gave one back. "Morning everyone" I said at them.

"Oh look at my little boy all grown up" mother said as she ran into my and gave me a hug.

"Dear your going to strangle him" dad said as he came and gave me a hug as well.

I looked at the table to see that Elijah and Vincent where talking whilst Tabitha and Ellie were talking with Lilia. I noticed that uncle Jin woo wasn't there which didn't surprise as he was normally never here for breakfast and never really ate.

"Where's uncle Jin woo?" I asked.

"He went out earlier do something at the guild. He should be back soon" dad said.

"Okay" I said before sitting down and helping myself to the large portion of food that was there.

After breakfast we noticed that it was time to leave for the academy and got what we needed ready to go. After the sobbing tears of mother from being separated from me again, me, Silvie, and Elijah got into the carriage that would take us to xyrus academy.

Sung Jin woo POV

I slashed my blade at the large humanoid figure that were clad in black armour whilst sighing as I thought how annoying life was going to get from now on.

"Master, you should not need to stain your hands with this things filthy blood, let me slay them" Beru said in my head.

"If I let you loose then you'll kill every monster in this continent" I said putting down his suggestion.

"Yes master" he said again.

I searched the rest of the dungeon before realising that Arthur would be going to xyrus academy today. As I left I checked the time and saw that it was midday. "Well I can at least clear a few dungeons before going to see him" I said to no one in particular.

"Master" I could hear bellion calling me.

"Yes, what is it bellion?" I asked.

"I agree with martial Beru in that these filthy monsters aren't worthy of your time, let us deal with them" he said.

"You toI bellion?" I asked in disbelief. "Fine, just don't make to much of a mess" I said before releasing them both and sending them off to clear a few dungeons whilst I took out my notebook that I had during my days in the chaos world and went over what I had wrote.

After a few hours or so I called them back to see them carrying a large amount of S rank monster carcasses. "Well done you to" I said.

"Your praise shall be kept in this servants heart forever master" Beru said as I sighed in defeat.

"Enough Beru" I said shutting his rambling up.

"Arise"

They all rose up and found a large number of creatures as they all returned to my shadow. I looked up and noticed that the sun was going down so I opened a portal that led above the skies of xyrus academy and entered it discreetly.

After exiting I saw the large quantity of students in the cafeteria discussing about their first day here as I reminisced about the times that I were in high school. I removed those thoughts from my head as they brought back unhappy memories.

I then began looking for Arthur and noticed he was not in there so began searching around it then noticing him with another person. This person was not human as I looked closer she was an elf. I then realised that she was the elf that Arthur saved when he was younger, her name was Tessia, I believe.

I smiled at their interaction and realised that they were talking about all the lost time they had so I decided to leave them alone. I could say it was a good trip though because I now had something I could tease him about.

After a few days where I spent most of my time in the beast glades either killing monsters or relaxing. I suddenly received a message from igris about Arthur, as I had assigned him to stay in his shadow.

"Master, Arthur had been injured by a monster" he said.

"Oh okay, is it life threatening?" I asked.

"No master, from the training that he had he was injured and is currently on bed rest" he said.

"How did he get his injury?" I asked thinking that he's smart enough to not push himself to that limit.

"He saved an elven woman who had passed out from overuse of mana and took the blast of the monster whilst she was in his arms" he said.

"Oh, hahaha, that must have been his girlfriend" I laughed whilst praising Arthur on his ability to put others first.

"Okay, tell me when he's awake" I said.

"He is master, his parents and that elf is their with her parents as well" he said.

"Interesting" I said before opening a portal and entering it.

Arthur's POV

I was surrounded by my parents and tessias parents as well. This was the first time they had met so my mother was obsessed with tess as they talked. Dad spoke with both virion and tess's father. I spoke with both director goodsky and tess's mother about how I was until I heard a familiar voice that I hadn't heard in a while.

"Honestly Arthur is it impossible for you to stay out of trouble" uncle Jin woo said as the attention was snapped to him walking in.

"Uncle Jin woo" I said enthusiastically.

"Jin woo" my parents said.

Tessia eralith POV

I was so happy that Arthur was alright after saving me, it made me realise that I was wrong al these years and that I did have a place in his heart. I thought that this was my chance to tell him how I felt about it, I would tell him later when everyone's gone. I wanted to talk to him but heard the voice of someone coming close.

This person was dressed in dark clothes and seemed to be a powerful person. What surprised me thought was that he was Arthur's uncle. I never knew he had one before, I only knew about his parents and sister from when I saw them in the crystal that great aunt rinia gave me.

"W-W-who a-a-are you?" I heard my grandfather shout at him with a pale face.

"Relax old man, he won't kill you" I heard Arthur say which shocked me as I knew that grandfather was a silver core.

"He's right I won't do anything, I just came to see Arthur after I heard he was injured" he said.

"You must be Tessia, Arthur's girlfriend" he said causing me to blush and my parents to look at me in disbelief.

"She isn't my girlfriend" I heard Arthur shout and throw a glass at him and disintegrated as it came close to him, shocking me.

"Hahaha, I'm joking" he said.

"How did you even know I was injured as well?" He asked.

"Yes how did you know?" I heard his mother saw.

"I had a soldier assigned to monitor you and protect you in case of emergency" he replied.

"What soldier?" Arthur asked as we where all confused as to how he got a soldier in the school, even master was confused.

"Come out" he said as I saw that a black shadow formed under Arthur and came to behind his uncle.

This shadow turned out to be a tall knight clad in pitch black armour appeared releasing an imposing aura that caused everyone to feel a large amount of pressure.

"What is this thing?" I asked.

"My abilities lie in the control of death, I can make anything that has died my soldier, from monsters to people" he replied.

"How many soldiers do you have?" Father asked.

"That's for me to know" he said smiling.

He then spoke in an unknown language as the shadow replied shocking everyone as they didn't know it could speak before it bowed and disappeared into Arthur's shadow.

"Well I guess it's time" he said.

"Time for what?" Arthur asked.

"Don't you want your mana core unsealed" he said nonchalantly as me and my parents had shocked faces.

"A-a-Arthur" I called for him.

"Yes" he said turning to me.

"Y-y-your m-m-mana core is sealed and you still saved me?" I asked.

"Of course, is there an issue?" He said as if he would do it again which warmed my heart massively and solidified my feelings for him.

"Thank you" I said looking down with a blush, as it did not go unnoticed by his uncle.

"Should we give the two lovers some time?" He said to no one in particular causing me to turn even redder and Arthur to slightly blush, making me happy.

"What do you mean lovers?" Father said.

"Oh, nothing" he said again.

I regained my composure to see a black aura spew out of him as his eyes glowed purple, he raised his hands above Arthur's abdomen and said one last reminder.

"Oh by the way, suppress your breakthrough or with your current condition you'll die" he said as Arthur nodded and prepared.

Two black streaks of mana came out of Arthur and returned to jin woo. After that I could see that mana started flowing out of Arthur as he pulled it back in and kept it within his body. This all happened in an instant.

"Great now I say that your training is fully complete" he said. "Oh can I have a look at that elderwood guardian mana core whilst I'm here" he said.

"Ummm" I said looking to Arthur for confirmation.

"Relax, I just want to check something" he said with a smile as Arthur nodded.

I passed him the mana core from my storage ring as my parents looked in shock. He observed it for before a few seconds before his face turned cold.

"As I thought" he said.

"Thought what?" Arthur asked.

"This mana cores corrupted" he said as everyone looked in confusion and shock. "If you had fused with this core you would have went into a coma and died" he said as my face paled.

"Luckily you hadn't" he said.

"What do we do now?" Arthur asked.

"Well you can't take this now" he said as he crushed it in his hands and a scream emerged of a the corrupted beast will that looked nothing like what is was supposed to look like.

"Thankfully, I've killed a few of these beasts and they've had a few beast wills so I'll give you an uncorrupted one" he said before passing me one.

"Thank you uncle" I said with a smile as I could now grow stronger.

"At least you'll be alright now" Arthur said.

I felt my heart warm as my face blushed and I looked down from his concern. We continued talking for a while until it was time for everyone to leave. At this point I wanted to tell him how I felt, yet didn't know how to. I wanted him to know how important he was to me and how I loved him yet didn't know how to.

I returned to the room where Arthur was sleeping and knocked on the door. "Come in" I heard his beautiful voice as I walked in. The second I saw those blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean and the soft brown hair he had and his handsome face that made me lose all confidence.

"Hey art, how are you doing?" I asked walking closer to him.

"Hey tess, I'm better now, how are you though, did you get any injuries from earlier?" He asked.

Idiot, caring about me at this moment when your the injured one.

"I'm fine thanks" as I was next to his bed.

"Art" I said.

"Yes" he replied looking at me.

"I'm sorry for taking advantage of you like this" I said.

"What do y..." he didn't even get a chance to respond before I kissed him on the lips.

As I kissed him all the feelings of nervousness and all the conflicts I had disappeared in that moment. I felt as happy as I had ever being, in that moment it was only me and Arthur. After breaking free I didn't look at him as i ran out of the room leaving him there.

"So did you confess to him?" A voice asked as I spun around to see mister Jin woo standing there.

"Y-y-you knew?" I asked in shock.

"It wasn't hard to realise" he said. "You are scared of his response" he said confirming my fears as I nodded.

"Relax child, I shall talk to him, I know that he likes you but he is too stubborn to realise" he said as he patted my head and went to the room.

"T-t-thank y-y-you" I said as he smiled back.

Sung Jin woo POV

I walked into the room that Arthur was in and saw him sat there ignoring me as he processed what happened. I sat next to him for a few minutes until he realised I was there.

"Uncle Jin woo, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"So, will you accept her feelings toward you?" I asked ignoring his question.

"I don't know, I don't think I can" he said.

"Why not?" I said annoyed at his thought process.

"Because of who I was" he said.

"And? That was who you were, not who you are. Remember this Arthur, you are no longer king grey, he is gone and you are what's left. You are not him, you are Arthur leywin and a girl who you like has showed you her feelings. I know that you liked it because I can read minds so why don't you stop fighting yourself and accept it. All I want is for you to be happy Arthur" I said to him as he realised that I was right.

"Thank you uncle Jin woo" he said as he was crying.

"I know what to do now" he continued.

"Good" I said before walking off into the shadows to leave him to sleep.

Thank you for reading this far into the chapter. The latest chapter of solo
Leveling  is up and it is great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181 9 4
"We may meet in different circumstances but our fates are intertwined together" "There is no light Without darkness and no darkness Without light" "T...
49 0 3
As the Caretaker, Suu Gu has taken on the responsibility of not only healing Jin-Woo's wounds but also potentially altering the course of his destiny...
44.8K 1.8K 28
What happens if the balance of world snaps? Having to take a different appearance of another person who doesn't exist in this dimension; will be be c...
16.6K 374 7
You were a normal girl. No awakening, no special abilities. Just normal, but the girlfriend of Sung Jin-Woo. With no memory, you woke up here as a ch...