Your dangerous game | 𝟏𝟖+

By fantasyxwrites

"I am a guilty man, because I fell for the one who held my biggest desires" ... he began making his way down... More

The ball | 1
Maria | 2
Coming home | 3
Trained assassin | 4
Temper | 5
Paris | 6
Mystery man | 7
Vip | 8
Hospital | 9
Mr volcov | 10
Date | 11
Elijah | 12
Him | 13
Picnic | 14
Moving | 15
Jealousy | 17 🔥
Tension | 18
Promise | 19
The club | 20
Back in business | 21
Possesive | 22 🔥
The boss | 23
Autumn | 24
Betrayal | 25
Cold | 26
Vengeance | 27
Waves | 28
Decisions | 29
Back to you | 30
Destroy me | 31 🔥
Underneath the stars | 32
The in-laws | 33
Tis the season | 34
Merry christmas, ya filthy animal | 35
Beauty in the simple things | 36
Music | 37 🔥
Birthday | 38
Happy New years | 39
Happy new years (part-2) | 40
Loss | 41
Little black dress | 42
M&M's | 43
Memory Lane | 44 🔥
Surface | 45
Flames | 46
Checkmate| 47
Together | 48

Love | 16

2.8K 34 24
By fantasyxwrites

I began to slowly open my eyes. I was surrounded by darkness. The curtains were closed and i was underneath a blanket. I sat up. The clock beside me read 8:30.

Knock!
Knock!

The door slowly opened. I knew it wasn't a maid, so it had to be elijah. And it was.

"Oh good you're awake" he smiled, taking a seat on the edge of the bed "I thought we could go out for dinner, if you feel like it"
"That sounds good"

"Why don't you go get ready, I'll be waiting downstairs" he planted a kiss on my forehead before walking out of the door

I took a few minutes to grow used to my surroundings, and enjoy the silence, before going into the closet.

I pulled open the wardrobe doors and chose out a silk green dress and white heels. I wore the outfit and came out of the bedroom, walking down the staircase.

Elijah was waiting for me at the end. He looked up at me and smiled.
"Ready to go?" He asked, giving me his hand.
"Ready"

"Where are we going?" I asked once we were sat inside the car.
"It's a surprise"

...

The car started to pull up outside an Italian Restaurant. Elijah came out first and gave me his hand, i took it and we strolled inside where We were greeted by one of the waiters.

"Good evening, table for two?" He chirped. Elijah nodded and we were led to a small table next to a window.

"What would you like to eat" the waiter asked after we were seated.
"I think I'll have the spaghetti please"
"I'll have the same" elijah said. The waiter wrote our orders down and left.

"I won't be long" I mumbled, standing up and making my way to the bathroom.

Two young waiters were stood by the kitchen entrance talking. One of them glanced at me but I shook it off and went about my business.

2 minutes later I came out and they were still lingering, like flies over something sweet. One of them harshly grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around. Instinctively I clutched his neck, pinning him against the wall harshly.

"Touch me again and I'll break your face, got it?" I snarled.
"I like a feisty woman, come on doll what will it take to get your number"

His face suddenly went pale. I turned around to where I was met with Elijah, an evil smirk curling his lips.
"Why don't we have chat" he growled. The smile on his face was even more intimidating.

"I-I" the waiter tried to form his words as best as he could but it was too late. Before he could even blink Elijah grabbed his arm and threw him into the bathroom.

"Turn up the music" I told the other boy. With shaky hands he turned the radio up. Muffled screams came from behind the door, drowned out by the simple song that was playing. Old folk began to dance with their partners to the familiar tune from their generation.

10 minutes later elijah came out.
"Shall we go eat" he asked, taking my hand. A speck of blood was visible on one of his knuckles. I quickly brushed it off before anyone could catch a glimpse.

That boy never came out of the bathroom. I wasn't sure whether he had killed him or not, but i didn't bring it up. What happened in there would stay in there.

...

"Yes, I'll be back tomorrow"
"We'll see you tomorrow sir, goodbye" a voice down the phone said. Elijah put the phone down with a sigh. I was on the other side of the door. I carefully opened it With ease and stepped inside.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked fiddling with the paperweight from his desk. He pulled me down onto his lap, tucking his face into the crook of my neck,

"I have to go into work tomorrow" he mumbled.
"Oh ok"
"Would you like to come?"
"Yeah sure"
"ill get the driver to drop you off in the afternoon" he smiled "I think I'm going to bed, you coming?"

I nodded slightly, hopping to my feet and running out down the corridor to our bedroom.

I strode into our en suite bathroom attached to the bedroom, turning on the shower and quickly climbing in to warm my body.

After a few minutes I could hear the shower door opening door and Elijah screened inside, wrapping his arms around my waist. His lips touched my lips back tenderly causing a shiver to crawl down my spine. I did my best to ignore him and began to rub the body wash into my skin.

I refused to allow him to see the affect he had on me.

Suddenly I was lifted into the air, causing me to flinch in surprise "Hey! Put me down!" I protested.

Elijah stood in front of me and started to embrace the scolding water that spat down on us viciously, as if he hadn't just ignored me.
"Taste of your own medicine" he smirked. My mouth hung open slightly in shock Seriously!? I thought. But then an idea came to mind, one that made an evil grin form on my lips.

I ran my fingertips over his back, watching as the hairs stood up on his arms. I kept this up for a little while until I suddenly stopped, earning a quiet groan from Elijah.

"Why did you stop?" He mumbled.
"Taste of your own medicine" I whispered in his ear, before stepping out and wrapping a towel around my body, leaving him dumbfound and quite annoyed.

Two can play that game

Once I'd changed into a pair of pyjamas i retrieved from my closet, I found Elijah already lying on the bed, scrunching up the sheets from his awkward laying position.

He was looking through the book I previously left on my bedside table, although unfortunately I wasn't able to see the cover due to his hands shielding it. He was dressed in only a pair of grey sweatpants, like usual.

"It's rude to invade Privacy you know, my Volcov" I spoke, rummaging through the set of drawers on the opposite side of the room.
"Just browsing" he muttered, continuing to flick through the pages "it seems to be interesting..."

"this Christian grey guy sounds like a dick though if I'm honest"
My head shot around to face him at those words.

He'd grabbed the wrong one...

Elijah just looked up at me with a giant smirk on his face.
"We should try this out sometime" he waved the novel in the air before placing it back down.

Oh. Fuck.

I think I just died.

He just chuckled "come here darling" he held out his arms, gesturing me to come towards him. I reluctantly snuggled into his grip, dipping my head into his chest with a soft sigh, gently falling asleep with the feeling of security, safety.

...

Thunder struck from the storm that raged outside, causing me to stir in my sleep. I steadily opened my eyes, examining the room . The rain was slamming against the pavement outside, echoing into the dark rooms of the house. My head was resting on Elijah's chest, he was fast asleep.

I smiled and began to draw patterns on it with my fingertip to pass the time.

"What are you doing" i heard him mumble sleepily.
"Drawing" i replied softly. A smile began to play on his face.
"Ok" he yawned.

He sat and watched me for a while. I tilted my head a little in confusion. A scar sat across his side.

"What happened?" I asked, gently brushing my finger over it.
"It isn't important" he turned my head away and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm going to go get dressed" I sighed, standing into my weak legs from their long rest. I glanced at the alarm clock beside me "it's only 7am"

I wore my white work suit, along with my matching heels. My hair flowed just over my hips, my blonde highlights becoming more visible with my choice of colour today. Hung from my shoulder was a black purse, carrying the essentials.

...

"Ok i gotta go" elijah said coming into the kitchen. While I wasn't looking He dipped his finger in the cupcake batter, licking it off.
"Hey!" I exclaimed, playfully smacking his hand away "I'll bring some to your office later"
He nodded and placed multiple kisses on my cheek.

"Go!" I giggled.
Suddenly his phone began to ring. that bright smile I loved to see had faded away, but nonetheless he answered it.

"What" he snapped.

"What time will you be getting here sir" someone asked.
"Ill be there when i get there" he ended the call.
"I'll see you later" Elijah pecked my cheek before swiftly walking out.

"It's nice to see him happy" i heard someone say once Elijah was out of sight. I turned around, it was Elizabeth. "Before he was called a 'devil', and sometimes he acted like it. But ever since you came into his life, he's changed for the better. That's all because of you" she smiled warmly at me, observing the task I was attempting.

I poured the batter into each of their cases.

"I'll be here if you need anything ma'am, all you have to do is ask" she was about to turn away when I stopped her.
"Please, I'd prefer it if you called me Maria"
She paused for a moment "I must get back to chores. But good job with the cupcakes... Maria" and with that she wandered away down the hallway.

...

I stepped out of the car. A huge building covered in glass windows towered over me, blocking most of the light making the scene slightly more eery. In my opinion anyway. I would say I have a very imaginative mind, that's probably because of all the movies and books I've entertained myself with whenever I can.

"Hello ma'am, come with me" a guy in a black suit spoke. i had met him before, he was one of Elijah's body guards, dean. I nodded and followed him inside.

Everybody's heads turned to get a glimpse of us, gaping and whispering between one another. If I'm honest I quite enjoyed this. I enjoyed the sense of fear that lingered whenever I was around, suspense in the air for not knowing who's blood would be drawn next. It was a specialty of mine.

Fear.

We reached a small corner where multiple glass elevators sat and we stepped inside.

Oh god.

I try avoiding elevators as much as I can, especially glass ones.

I'm one of the worlds best assassins and I'm nervous about something as small as this, i thought. I mentally roll my eyes at myself and try keep my wandering eyes focused on something simple. In this case, I chose the mirror across from us.

Mirrors.

When I was a child I watched 'the Truman show', and i was frightened someone was spying on me for months. Now whenever I look at a mirror I think someone is secretly looking at me from the other side. I suppose my life is like a movie, at least it'd be entertaining.

The small box came to a stop with a shudder at last. I let out a large sigh of relief and quickly walked out, with dean following close behind.

"Ma'am I have to wait out here, you will have to go in alone" dead announced, coming to a halt just outside the large black doors, holding them open for me. I nodded slightly and made my way down a dimly lit corridor.

The walls were covered with paintings by all kinds of artist. My favourite one that had caught my eye was Salvador dalís's piece, 'the persistence of memory'. His work always fascinated me, I could sit and stare at them for hours.

I finally reached two doors that resembled the last pair that had led me here. With caution, a slowly twisted the doorknob and entered inside.

"No, cancel the meeting. And reschedule for next week" it was Elijah, he seemed very frustrated so i kept my distance and instead listened in discreetly "YOU LISTEN TO MY ORDERS YOU FUCKING GOT THAT, OR I SWEAR ILL COME DOWN THERE AND USE YOUR BRAIN AS PAINT FOR MY WALL WHEN I BLAST IT OUT OF YOUR SKULL" he slammed the IP phone down, running a hand through his hair angrily.

"Someone's in trouble" I muttered as I stepped into the room. Elijah's head shot up to my voice and abruptly stood up, stalking towards me. I however stood my ground. if he was going to get mad with me I'd make sure he knew that I wasn't scared, if not verbally then through my body language.

He unexpectedly clashed his lips onto mine, I didn't refuse though. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling us deeper into the kiss.

"I apologise mi amore, you shouldn't of had to hear that" he mumbled, caressing my cheek gently with his thumb.
"Business is business" I shrugged "I brought these cupcakes"
"Delicious, I'm starving"

...

We were sat at Elijah's desk, well i was sat on the desk.
"These are so good!"he moaned quietly to the taste "i never knew you were such a good baker"
"There's a lot you don't know about me" i smirked.
"Oh really?" he raised a brow at me.

Knock!
Knock!
KNOCK!

Elijah groaned. "Come In" he sighed.
A small, blonde woman strolled in, some files in her arms. She looked surprised seeing me here.

"Here are is the paperwork you asked for" she chirped, completely Ignoring me. Elijah nodded and took them from her.

"I'm Maria" I stated.
"I'm chloe" Her eyes were filled with Jealousy, it was too obvious.

"Thank you, now leave" Elijah . I walked over to him and plopped down onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck before kissing his lips.

Chloe was now burning with rags. She turned around and marched off out of the room, not before shooting me a vicious glare.

"You enjoyed that didn't you" i scowled softly had him once she'd left.
"Maybe" he smirked. I rolled my eyes and began to get up but He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. He gently held my jaw, guiding my lips to his into a soft kiss, yet lustful.

I stood up, making my way across the office when I heard Elijah call from behind me. "Where are you going?"
"To smack a bitch"
"Oh no you're not"

"Why? Do you care about her?" I scoffed
"No, She's the daughter of one of our investors. Don't worry, get her comeuppance"

"Fine" I groaned "but I better be going"
"Where?" He asked

"Why do you care?" I spat, I was still frustrated with that other girl I unintentionally took it out on poor Elijah "

"You know why" he was now towering over me with a stern look on his face, but this just brought out my stubborn side.

"Fuck off" I snapped, I was about to slam the door open when my wrist was grabbed. Elijah pushes me to the wall, securing me in place by my neck.

"Tell me what's wrong"
"Nothing!" I tried to barge past him but he was a lot stronger than me. "Elijah stop it"

Note to self: visit the gym more.

"Aren't we supposed to tell each other things? That's what a relationship is, trust" he said, slamming his hand onto the wall.
"There is nothing to talk about!"
"Well there obviously is"

"Why do you care?" I yelled.

"BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE YOU"

"What?..."

"I love you, maria. Ever since I laid eyes on you I've fallen irretrievably in love with you!"

"You are my world, my soulmate, my partner, my equal. I never felt like this for anyone before, but trust me I know when I have something good"

"Like Emily brontè once wrote: 'whatever our souls are made of, hers and mine are the same" he breathed "you and me darling, against the world"

Love was such a strong word.

Did I love him?

"I love you too" I whispered, a warm smile grew on my face as I kissed his lips.

...

I love an angry love confession 😭

Ok so what did y'all think to this chapter? make sure to comment your opinions, can't wait to see them :)

Also i know some of you may be annoyed that I used photos but the outfits where so cute and I just had to show you, i couldn't help it lol 😩

Please consider to follow and vote 🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 571 29
This is a Mafia story! ~Enemies to Lovers! Somebody comes into your life, and you know, that by fate, you are bound to love them; for as long as you...
254K 7.4K 25
A short Christmas Romance : : : I was enthralled with the crimson frosting, green glitter, and sprinkles as soon as I opened wrapper of my donut. Al...
1.7M 112K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
1.7M 36K 54
[Complete] ** Please, please, please, read at your own risk. This story contains very disturbing scenes and topics.