You Are The Reason

Od ameesaAhlam

"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlu... Více

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: All Alone
CHAPTER 3: You Are Safe Here
CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid
CHAPTER 5: Trust
CHAPTER 6: Cookies
CHAPTER 7: Trouble
CHAPTER 8: Aurora
CHAPTER 9: Furious
CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster
CHAPTER 11: All My Fault
CHAPTER 12: Attack
CHAPTER 13: Disappeared
CHAPTER 14: Avoiding
CHAPTER 15: Comfort
CHAPTER 16: Funeral
CHAPTER 17: In Love
CHAPTER 18: Screwed
CHAPTER 19: Brother?
CHAPTER 20: Pleasure
CHAPTER 21: Breakfast
CHAPTER 22: You Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 23: You Are The Reason
CHAPTER 24: Bring Down The Searlus Mafia
CHAPTER 25: Lies
CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)
CHAPTER 27: Tears
CHAPTER 28: Date?
CHAPTER 29: Wife
EPILOGUE
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story!

CHAPTER 2: Save Me

14.3K 557 31
Od ameesaAhlam

Alfresca's POV:

I barely slept last night. The fear of them finding me kept eating me. I was becoming paranoid of every small noise. The slightest of it.

Just as I got dressed up, there was a knock on the door and it startled me completely and a small gasp left my mouth.

Did they find me?

But they wouldn't be knocking...

Someone again knocked, impatiently this time. "Ms Leonard! Open the door." It was my landlord's voice and I sighed in relief.

It's just him.

But what if they are using him as a cover and just as I open the door they burst in?

Oh my goodness.

"Ms Leonard!" He again called.

"C-coming." I shouted to him and picked up a knife from the kitchen counter in case things go side ways.

Hesitantly, I unlocked the door and opened it just a little bit, enough to talk to my landlord.

"Yes, Mr Liam?" I spoke softly.

He had a scowl as well as a terrified expression on his face. He gestured me to open the door so that he could get in. I made sure there was no one else and let him in.

"What the hell did you do?" He whispered shouted once he was inside.

"I...I...did nothing. What are you talking about?"

He folded his arms across his chest and spoke angrily. "You need to leave from here. Immediately."

"W-what?" Confused, I took a step back. "Why?"

"Picking up a fight with the Meryd gangsters and you think you can keep staying here."

Sweat formed on my forehead. "I...I don't understand."

How did he know about this?

"Stop lying, Ms Leonard." He spat. "You know very well what I am talking about?"

"But..."

"Your foolishness will get me killed. You need to leave from here."

"Mr Liam, I--"

He held up his hand telling me to shut up. "They all came here looking for you."

"You t-told them about me?" A sweat trickled down the side of my face.

He sighed. "I had no choice. But then they left as they got an important work at the last moment."

Tears welled up in my eyes and his voice turned low. "Leave before they come for you. And don't drag me into your mess. Please."

I nodded not knowing what else to do and he said. "Good. Leave as quickly as possible."

"But your rent...I don't have money to pay it..."

"I don't want the rent anymore. Just leave!" He snapped and then turned around and left slamming the door shut.

They know. They are coming for me.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

My phone started ringing yet again startling me. I picked it up from the table and saw Lucy's name flashing in the caller ID.

Composing myself, I picked it up. "Hey..."

"Where are you, Alfresca? Mrs Jackson is so pissed off with you." She spoke in a hurry.

"I...um...I told you last night I wasn't feeling well...I don't think I can come today." I lied.

She sighed. "What's wrong with you?"

"Um... headache and fever..."

"Oh..."

"Hmm. I...um...talk to you later. Bye." I didn't wait for her reply and hung up the call.

I pulled out a large backpack from under the bed and started filling it with the few clothes I had and a few more daily use things. I just stuffed everything in it and zipped it close and wore it over my shoulders.

I wore my shoes and tying the shoelaces, I was ready to leave.

But where will I go?

I don't have anyone.

I can't leave the city too cause I don't have enough money for the ticket.

With these thoughts in mind, I left my apartment and walked downstairs quietly. I glanced at either side of the road before walking outside. There were a few people and cars passing now and then...but I don't think so if anything happens to me these people will help me.

Not trusting anyone, I walked down the road looking for a cab so I can hail it. I frowned noticing that today there wasn't a single cab on the road.

Groaning, I started walking faster to God knows where. I kept glancing back and forth making sure no one was following me.

Having walked for around half an hour I found myself away from the main part of the city...this part was more deserted and I had no idea where I was.

I decided to stop for a moment and catch my breath. I leaned my back against the wall of some small, old abandoned building and took out the water bottle from my bag and drank some water.

Just as I placed my bottle inside the bag, I heard someone speak. "There she is!"

What the fuck!

My head snapped to my right and there they were running towards me.

I was just trying to save that girl last night and this is what I get.

I started running to my left with all thr strength I had.

God, please help me.

I kept running straight...I didn't know where to turn or go.

They were still behind me, not giving up anywhere soon.

I saw a road going left and somehow increasing my speed I turned left and I saw a huge mansion at the end of the road.

Maybe someone can help me there.

I glanced back and was surprised to see they were not following me.

But who knows maybe they will come for me later. Or they will pop up from somewhere.

Nearing the mansion, I saw a huge gate guarded by a good amount of men, all wearing a black suit and black sunglasses.

Who even lives here?

I don't care. I hope they help me.

When one of the guard saw me running towards them, he nudged the other gesturing towards me. One of them pulled out a gun from his jacket.

What? I am not a threat.

The one who had pulled out the gun, took a few steps towards me. And I slowed down, finally coming to a stop breathing heavily.

I once again checked behind me and thankfully they all were not there.

One I looked infront of me, I gasped loudly seeing that man now standing right in front of me and I took a step back.

"Please." I panted. "Help me."

The man removed his sunglasses, a frown etched on his forehead as he scrutinizined me.

"Please. Help me." I pleaded. "They will kill me. Please!" Tears rolled down my eyes and my knees buckled and I fell down on the ground on my knees.

"Who are you?" He asked in a monotone.

"I...I...my name's Alfresca. T-they will kill me. Please, save me."

"Miss. You need to leave from here."

"No!" I begged. "I have no where else to go! They will kill me! Please." More tears fell down but he still had a poker face.

He glanced behind me. "I don't see anyone."

"They were following me! They just disappeared suddenly! I am not lying! Please!"

He pressed his lips into a thin line and turned around to leave when his phone rang and taking it out of his pocket he picked it up. "Yes, sir?"

I watched his back as he talked to whoever was on the call, still kneeling on the ground cause I had no energy to get up even.

I couldn't hear him as he talked in a hushed tone.

"They are the Meryd gangsters! They will kill me!" I shouted realising this man is not going to help me.

His body tensed and he said a few more words into the phone before keeping it inside his pocket and turned to me. "What did you say?"

"They are the Meryd gangsters." I cried. "They will kill me. Please, save me."

"Do you have any idea where are you right now?"

"No." I stated. "I don't care. Just save me."

He ruminated for a moment, his eyes still scrutinizing me. "Our boss wants to meet you."

"What?"

"Our boss wants to meet you." He repeated in an exasperated tone.

"He's ready to help me?" I asked, surprised. My eyes lit up with hope.

"I wouldn't put it that way." He spoke. "Get up. He doesn't like waiting."

I got up from the ground and dusted my jeans and wiped away my tears.

"Thank you so much." I muttered but he ignored me and turning around started walking towards the mansion. I followed behind him silently.

Just as I neared the mansion gates, my bag was taken away from me by one of the guards. "What are you doing? Give me back my bag!"

"You are not allowed to take it inside." The guard spoke coldly. "And even give your phone."

Not wanting to argue or let me chance of getting myself saved slip, I handed him my phone and continued following the other man inside the mansion.

I followed him down the path to the front door and he opened the door and held it open for me.

"Thank you." I mumbled and stepped in, almost gasping at how huge and beautiful the mansion was from inside.

"This way." He said climbing the stairs and I quickly I climbed the stairs behind him all the while admiring the mansion.

Once upstairs, he walked down the long corridor and stopped at the huge door at the end and pressed his thumb against the small digital box type thing.

It beeped and the door clicked open and he walked in with me behind him. Once again, there was a small corridor with a few doors on either side of it. A huge door was at the end and he knocked on it softly.

"Enter." The deep voice from inside said and suddenly I started feeling nervous.

He turned to me. "You may go inside."

"Alone?"

"Yes."

I nodded nervously and pushing the door open, stepped inside.

Chapter completion on: 11/8/21

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

66K 3.6K 39
Could you run away from your destiny? Rick almost managed it. He could seem like the boy next door, but he had a big dark secret. He ran away from h...
2M 53.6K 69
"It's funny that you are saying this because if one of us is jealous, then it's you. Or did you forget that you just pushed the man I was dancing wit...
110K 1.3K 62
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...
9.6M 198K 90
[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes such as mature content, language and sen...