The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty- Nine

2.2K 124 36
By Kailaniarcher

At the end of the conversation, it was visible that Isabella battled with a myriad of emotions. Edas told her everything; he mentioned names and the more recent addition to the list appalled her tremendously. The being she was shunned by, the force she had loved before Aksel was now a part of the evil the world was yet to know and in her inebriated state the woman's heart pained.

The vampire told her of the plan, of the inescapable chaos, he told her of the millions on earth who were calculated to be hurt both in the supernatural and human world. He told her of all those who incited him from within the council, to those who incited them, to those who were observing in the heavens and beyond, betting on the entire thing. He told her how long it was brewing and how they instigated little things. Edas told her about her child and how they used her as a pawn and it brought back memories of the creators telling her never to have a child nor to form relationships with the humans.

The vampire's words only confirmed Isabella's suspicions from the inception and now that it was laid out so descriptively, the woman felt sick to her stomach. Sick to the point where she felt like disappearing yet again. She felt like searching for a hole or a cave deep within the earth to hide.

She felt ashamed, she felt livid, she felt hurt that no one stopped her in the past when very clearly they saw glimpses of the future where destruction and pain would be prevalent.

"I think it best if you leave," her words were spoken directly to Edas but she did not look at him.

She knew she couldn't harm him even if she wanted to because the authorizes at play would castigate her for interfering in matters she had no business in but how she wanted to rip the man limb from limb. For the first time, Isabella understood her daughter and her reasoning; Edas was a shitty person and he deserved to have his teeth knocked in, him and all those who allowed themselves to be tempted by the wicked.

Quietly, the flamboyant vampire stood and his wife followed suit. They had smug looks on their faces that everyone in the room, even Sam and Isaac were aware of.

"It is never too late to reconsider, Isabella. Your old friends, your siblings would welcome you once again with open arms. They have so much planned, they have vibrant new ideas for this place and its people. The current way of life on earth is mundane and segregated. The ones who are looking and have influenced me and everyone else wants to end that. They want inclusivity, they want a world where humans know that the gods they worship are not the only ones in the universe. They want to educate and weaponize the people,"

Which was true. The god known to humans as the creatures of the world were not the only gods but they were the only ones who did not submit to perversion. The ones who had humility and kindness.

"I'd like to flip the cards and let you know that it is never too late for you to reconsider," replied the older devil. "There is a reason your friends didn't come to do the dirty work themselves, Mr Webb. This is all a joke to them. You are nothing but disposable to them,"

Isabella knew. She knew what the gods were like. They had nothing good planned for the world, they only wanted chaos and to see bloodshed.
She was there with the ones who were of a darker calibre, though shortly. She remembered how they spoke of the world and her goddesses creation. They wanted to sabotage everything, to gain power and that was why she left. It was why she segregated herself from both sides after being cursed by her creators because it was nothing but violence and hatred on both spectrums. 

Once the husband and wife duo left the room, Isabella turned to Isaac and Samuel to see their blank faces. The men were scarred by what was told and at the look on their visages, she remembered that this was probably the first time they ever heard of the other deal devils and sinful empyreans in the sky.

"Aren't you going to tell queen Adira?" Questioned Sam swallowing the bile that threatened. He shook in his Nikes. Doom settled within the pit of his stomach and it caused his body to itch.

"What is there to be said?" Asked the woman who stood from the table. Her lean frame swayed a little due to the aftermath of drinking the entire bottle of wine while listening to the infamous Edas share crucial information.

"Why would I waste my time telling that wretched girl anything? What good would that do?"

"It could save a war from happening. It could give ample time for there to be a plan for this plan. You heard what that crazy motherfucker said, didn't you?" Questioned Isaac.

"They're using Adira, you, the revenants, unsuspecting vampires, elves, werewolves, humans, giants, orcs, everyone to fight so that they could tear this place up because of greed, boredom and hatred. And you're going to let that happen?"

Isabella shrugged.

"It is best not to interfere or mingle in some things," stated the woman and Sam rushed over to her, his crimson eyes flashed, his black lips curled as he growled. He wanted to scratch her eyes out, or even chew off a finger. Why was she like that he questioned?

Isabella grabbed him by the throat before he could come closer to her. She lifted him several inches from the floor, listening to him choke loudly.

"I implore you to stay quiet about the things you've learned tonight. If there's one thing I've learned is that an obedient dog can always get away with anything and would often get the consideration of their master. I just might be able to save the two of you in those perilous times if you heed my warnings. This is not a fight for you, not even a fight for my daughter but if it is to happen, nothing you or I do would ever change it," was all she said before releasing the blonde's throat.

He coughed harshly. Observing with scorn was Isaac.

"Any word of this getting back to Adira or anyone, I will be looking for both of you," warned the deal devil.

The woman stormed away. Her silhouette disappeared in the thin air after several seconds of her walking away.

Both men glanced at each other in her absence; Sam with his hand to his throat and Isaac with his chest expanding rapidly.

So the entire world was about to get fucked and this bitch wanted to say nothing about it they asked within their minds.

×

They tossed him roughly to the ground and he groaned upon the impact of his body dropping against the concrete.

The dark coloured bag the man realized laid over his head suffocated and blinded him.

As he came to from whatever that was, he heard footsteps and they echoed around him and on the cold hard ground with his eyes suddenly peeled widely, Mclean was able to see movements because the fabric of the big was somewhat thin.

Everything became clear as day and he remembered what happened— he was ambushed on his way back to Adira, but he couldn't say by whom or what. The man could only remember falling to the ground after a sharp pain zinged through his body, paralyzing him and knkcking him out afterwards.

These loud feet, assumedly claded by armour traversed and stopped only to traverse again just to repeat the whole thing.

Some voices came next, voices that were thick yet monotonous. They spoke things, things he'd never heard before due to the language.

Mclean didn't panic in that situation because he knew Adira probably realized that he did not come around since he went out to try and find Colette. The man had hope that she would find him since he would never block her from locating him. He was optimistic and his optimism kept him calm as he laid there.

But all hope of being rescued or saved by his queen, his family was lost when the bag was ripped from his face.

The several seconds his eyes adjusted to the light in the room, he made out figures, two of them that drew all his attention.

They were tall figures with obscure features, foreign and frightening. Beside them stood two familiar faces that angered the older revenant.

The blackened eyes of these two beings studied him in abject silemce. Obscure horns tall as the ceiling bodies lean and slender with tattoos in Latin and another stronger language, rugged lines within their pale faces. Mclean panicked at the sight of the two devils who stood beside Edas.

The chains that bound both his hands and legs rattled as he thrashed around.

"Mm!!" He mumbled. There was a piece of cloth shoved far into his mouth that muffled his screams.

"So this is the man whom by earthly tradition is the father of Adira, daughter of our sister Isabella," the tallest devil, Ouza said in a thick accent similar to Isabella's. He was a domineering being, his features reflected evil and sin. Beside William, he was the first devil the older man had ever laid eyes on that possessed wings; wings that were long and black, a contrast to his pale skin. He had long flowing hair that was nearly as pale as his skin.

"It is an honour to meet you, sir," added the creature with the long wings.

Ouza walked around Mclean. His long, armoured feet kissed the ground loudly. He studied the revenant, and the older man looked up with his red eyes at the being.

Ouza stretched his hand out, manipulating Mclean's body, inciting him to sit on his knees.

"You're what's known as a revenant, yes? You possess the gift of life, your soul rescued from the bosom of one of our brothers." He smiled.

There was a moment's pause as he studied Mclean's pale face.

"Do you know by divine law, Adira is technically one of us? Her body and being were skewed because of her mother. She may be half human but the blood of the multums still run within her veins, and I find that interesting."

The other devil, the quieter, shorter one who looked just as menacing walked over to Mclean.

"She bargained with our brother frequently only to save you, useless humans, such a shame. She could've been great but she chose to be a human lover like her mother. She chose to be a coward as well, just like her mother."

The quiet devil, Jez took the cloth from Mclean's mouth. The sight of his blackened nails made the man's stomach sick.

"Why am I here?" Mean asked in between coughs.

"To talk of course," said Ouza and he and his brother laughed.

"You are dear to Adira and her horde of revenants and so we've deemed you crucial for what our influencers have planned for this place."

"You want to kill me, don't you?" Asked the older revenant.

He was a smart man, smart enough to know that since he was abducted literal hours before that there was no way he'd see light again. He'd never really met much devils. He'd seen a few pact angels but other than Isabella, Adira, he never physically saw the others but now that he had he knew it meant trouble.

"It is not personal, but for the greater good." Said Ouza.

"The earth needs a cleansing. Of all those who follow our former rulers. They hold the universe back, they hold this planet back. This is why our new leaders, our marvellous gods and goddesses plan to make this world a better place and in doing so we must start with the extermination. One could never build their desired paradise among heathens."

"We need those who are against us cleansed from this planet. And as above so below. Our leaders have their work cut out for them in the heavens and us the beneath,"

"And killing me will bring you what you need?" Mclean asked. His voice shook with fear.

"Yes," grinned Ouza. His blackened eyes sparkled beneath the light. "With you gone, Adira will be heartbroken and the worse kind of violence and hatred we need comes from that of a heartbroken devil. Her grief and misery are what we need to start the physical cleansing. Many of the creations known to our foe will perish in the war she will lead. We will sit and watch her do our work for us, our divine leaders will also join us to watch the choas they so love."

Jez conjured fire in the centre of the room. Edas and Councilman Victor who stood meekly to the side flinched as it blew up. They even stepped back several feet.

"Be certain there are no remains or else she'd be able to conjure him back to reality," said Jez.

"Send her his belongings when you're done, she must receive the evidence needed to spark her retaliation."

Jez, the devil with the short, braided hair turned to Mclean.

"There is always time in our brother's bosom where you could reconsider changing alliances, use it wisely."

The two beings with the black horns turned to the humbled Edas. They descried the way he followed like a meek lamb and thought it amusing. They did not entirely care for the elder so much but they did with his counterpart.

"The skull of this one would make a wonderful piece of jewellery," Ouza said in the language not known to the two vampires as he observed Edas.

"Our gods would be amused by that," Jez said and they snickered. They knew the fate of all those involved, even Edas and the archaic councilman and let's just say, they had a bitter end for the impressionable vampires.

There would be a bitter end for everyone.

As the two devils disappeared from the room with intentions to seek out their sister one last time, Edas walked over to the older man. He studied him for several seconds before he reached out and took his shoes. He also took Mclean's shirt that was stained by his blood.

"Any last words?" Edas questioned. He saw the flames that reflected in the man's pale eyes.

If only Adira could've seen he thought. The look on her face was all he needed to see. For him it was personal because despite his true purpose, Edas still felt animosity towards the revenant queen and for reasons surroudning his friends.

His friends were never supposed to get caught in the middle and for that he blamed Adira because it was her revenants who ruined them.

Now he took pride in ruining someone he knew the woman loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 59 2
I just moved to Beacon Hills, with my friend Nyla, in search of my coven. What will happen when I wake up in the middle of the night to see a boy si...
2.8K 90 30
[COMPLETED] 'She is afraid yet so fearless, she is a child yet hides the power beneath her skin, she is so calm yet so dangerous, she seems foolish y...
321 23 14
What will happen when old family feuds resurface? Chaos of course! An ordinary girl gets tossed into the middle of a war between vampires, werewolfs...
46.9K 1.9K 22
Moving to a new place,Knight finds out that she's not the normal human kid she always thought she was. Turns out she's a werewolf and not just any we...