Replace | nomin

By Nanaloops

• Jaerin loved pink. She loved her dad's pink haired friend even more • > fully FICTIONAL > mention of blood... More

•Intro•
01. Strawberry
02. Run
03. Them
05. Pink
06. Midnight
07. Alive
08. Professional
09. Invalid
10. Movies
11. Restart
12. Plural
13. Drive
14. Epiphany
15. Promises
16. Limits
17. Calls
18. Lost
19. Flowers
20. Stars
21. Exceptions
22. Stuff
23. Peculiar
24. Possessive
25. Guns
26. Police
27. Jail
28. Lunatic
29. Fools
30. Bullets
31. Coffee
32. Couples
33. Selfish
34. Talk
35. Us
36. Dilemma
37. Time
38. Regrets
39. Careless
40. Change
41. Rights
42. Faults
43. Smart
44. Hope
45. Guilt
46. Future
47. Candles
48. Madness
49. Gifts
50. Dates
51. Lines
52. Trust
53. Pretend
54. Mine
55. Alone
56. Kids
57. Restart

04. Spark

859 42 101
By Nanaloops

"Communication. Communication, Jeno. That's what you two need."

The younger sighed, keeping away his lab coat and finally sitting down after a full day of work.

Why did he even think of becoming a surgeon?

"I tried my best. She's not willing to talk I guess. Besides, she came back only two days ago. Shouldn't I give her some time to adjust again?"

"That doesn't mean you two can't talk it out."

"I don't know, hyung. What we have is.... complicated."

Taeyong bit back a small curse and hit the boy on the head.

"Aw! What was that for?"

"Five years have passed and you two are still stuck at that 'complicated' phase? You love her and she loves you back. What's so complicated about that?"

"Well, easy for you to say. I'm the one who is going through it."

"Listen," Taeyong said in a knowing tone, pointing his pen at the younger. "If Jung Jaehyun can change so can you guys. Put some effort in your relationship."

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows. "What kinda logic is that?"

Taeyong laughed. "Trust me, you guys will be fine."

"You sure?"

The older Lee nodded, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Talk. That's the only way. And give her some flowers or take her out on a fancy date."

Jeno rolled his eyes. "Look who is getting spoiled by his husband. Going on 'fancy dates' even after having kids...."

"What can I say? I'm lucky that way." The other stated, flipping his short black hair like one of those sassy girls.

Jeno shook his head to the sides, not forgetting to scoff at the older.

Of course Taeyong was lucky to have the one and only Jung Jaehyun all for himself. But Jeno wasn't Taeyong, nor he was someone's Jaehyun.

He was simply Jeno, a man who had no idea on how to understand his wife.

He thought they were fine.

They were supposed to be fine.

In fact they were fine before Meisoo went back to China. Now Jeno couldn't help but notice how different she was acting. As if something happened back in China that Jeno did not know of.

Doesn't matter. I love her and that's it.

His mind wondered around.

Do I really?

Shaking his head at the unwanted thoughts, he was determined to talk with her after getting home.

It's gonna be fine. We are gonna be fine. Its just a small argument, nothing more. I'm overreacting.

Some roses and a late night date would be nice. That way they'd get some time to talk heart to heart.

"Hyung, do you know any fancy restaurants--"

His phone starting buzzing.

Asking for the older to wait for his request, he took the phone in his hand, wondering why Mark was calling at such an hour.

"What do you want?" That's how he answered the call.

He expected an offended reply but the Canadian didn't say anything for good five seconds.

"Mark hyung? You still there?"

"Listen Jeno, don't freak out okay-"

And he immediately stood up. "What do you mean don't freak out? Is something wrong? Is--"

"Hey, calm down."

"You can't expect me to calm down after asking me to not to freak out!"

At his sudden yell, even Taeyong looked concerned. "Jen? You okay?"

Jeno didn't answer him, nor looked at him.

"Mark Lee, I swear to god if you don't tell me what's--"

"Its about Mei...."

A murder.

Kang Meisoo was dead.

Jaemin stood few steps away from the dead body, his hands crossed, his mind putting all the pieces together.

The other officers were doing their own thing, some walking back and forth, some examining the already pale body, some marking the place as a crime scene.

"Any clues?" His fellow officer, Sungchan asked as he came and stood next to Jaemin.

The pink haired male shook his head slightly, still in deep thoughts.

Sungchan nodded with a small sigh, putting his hands inside his pockets. "Heard she's one of your friends. You good?"

"Not exactly friends. But I sure knew her pretty well. It's just sad how this happened to her."

Truly sad.

Close friends or not, she still was his friend. He didn't imagine to see one of his school mates in a situation like that.

"Any idea on how this happened?" Sungchan asked, sounding a bit impatient.

Jaemin bit his bottom lip silently; something he did when he was thinking hard.

"Look at her wound. Only one. Not any other cuts." He pointed at Meisoo's neck.

A red line was visible around her neck, more into side. The blood looked dry and dull on her skin. Meaning, she has been dead for a while.

Jaemin examined her well, his eyes running over the red liquid that was soaked into her yellow blouse. Then at the floor, where the white tiles were traced with red marks.

"Only one cut. Best guess is it was either an accidental cut; meaning the person whoever did this did not expect to kill her. Or because the murderer is professional enough to kill her with one cut." The younger added, carefully choosing his words.

Jaemin hummed a yes. "And the blood marks all over the stairway? What do you think of that?"

"That's the thing. I don't think she bled that much to make the whole place a bloody mess."

"Exactly. That's why we can't confirm the exact place she first got attacked."

That's what he has been thinking for the whole time.

It was a cut on her neck. That much blood could not possibly drip down from a single cut.

"Its either she got attacked at the staircase, or inside her room. Or maybe even the living room." He finished.

"Good analysing, detective Na."

Both boys turned at the new voice, identifying it as their chief officer's.

"Sir." They did a bow in sync.

The said sir simply nodded at them, eyeing the scene. "This family is well known to me. Its sad how such a kind soul passed away."

Oh.

So sir Choi knew this family.

"We have to handle this case with all our power. I want each and everyone who is connected to this behind bars." Sir Choi added sternly.

"Yes sir." Sungchan agreed.

"Detective Na, you are incharge of this. Officer Jung,  you are in his team from now on."

Wait.

Hold up, what?

Incharge of the case?

Him?

That's exactly what he didn't want to happen.

"But sir, I just got here and--"

"Then prove your skills."

"But-"

"I gave my orders. Its your duty to obey and respect."

He opened his mouth to object again but Sungchan nudged him.

"We'll handle the case, sir. You can fully trust us on the best outcome." The younger said with full confidence.

Nodding a 'good', the big guy left them saying that he had to wait downstairs to see a specific Mr Lee.

"Well fuck." Sungchan blurted out as soon as sir Choi left.

"Why?" Jaemin asked without much care.

The Jung gave him an apologetic look. "Its my first time handling such a serious case."

Jaemin almost smiled. "Don't think about it. I'll do the greater part now that I'm stuck with this."

Talk about luck.

"What's happening?"

They could hear someone almost yelling.

"Jeno, hey, listen-"

"No, tell me what's going on. Where’s Mei? And Jaerin? Why is the police here? Hyung--"

"Jen, calm down. I want you to stop yelling and listen to me carefully."

"But-"

"Listen!"

The conversation downstairs was heating up. Both Jaemin and Sungchan exchanged a look and silently decided to go and check.

He heard the name.

He was sure it was the name.

But still, he wanted to make sure of it.

And when he exited the room finally, there he saw him.

A spark went through his entire system at the view.

A boy who looked the same age as him trying his very best to not to punch a very stressed Mark Lee.

He looked the same.

The same face, same nose, same cheeks, same deadly jawline, same black hair, same brown eyes. Yet taller and more built than in highschool. He could see that much up from there.

With that Jaemin's mind ran back to those unwanted memories again.

"Sup? I'm Lee Jeno. You must be Jaemin."

"Your mom calls you Nana? That's cute."

"Happy birthday Nana! My favourite boy finally turning eighteen!"

"Wanna go on a movie date with me?"

"What do you mean you are leaving? Jaemin, explain."

One by one, everything played like a movie in his mind. He didn't know the mere presence of him would trigger him this much.

And as he was still stuck in those memories, the said  boy passed by, running up the stairs, not even sparing him a glance.

The worry in his eyes made Jaemin feel a lot more sad about the whole situation.

But that wasn't the point.

Jaemin saw him.

After almost ten years, he saw him.

Lee Jeno.

His Jeno.

-tbc

IDK HOW TO EXPLAIN A CRIME SCENE, SPARE ME

Hope you like it tho. if so please comment and vote <3

Also stream paint me naked by Ten.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 2.9K 21
jaemin didn't know why he was alive anymore. he couldn't live the way he was anymore but all jeno wanted to do was help him "jaemin, eat something pl...
121K 5.1K 29
[COMPLETED] Jaemin, innocent? Jeno wasn't so convinced, "So, you'll call me Daddy?" - Strong language - Bxb - Complete
9.8K 456 30
[In which Na Jaemin can't help but find himself trying to reminisce the past that he seemed to have forgotten and comes across Lee Jeno, who does eve...
28.4K 1.5K 11
in where jaemin meets jeno at a halloween party he doesn't even want to be a part of, and somehow ends up getting locked in a house that is "apparent...