Rivals with Benefits

wakamonster által

They're from rival schools, they're the captains of rival football teams, and so they're rivals. Right? Well... Több

Chapter 1 - oops and hi
Chapter 2 - curly means harry
Chapter 3 - sharing is caring
Chapter 4 - "friendly" distractions
Chapter 5 - self-indulgent
Chapter 6 - almost friends
Chapter 7 - arsehole
Chapter 8 - happy drunk, flirty drunk, horny drunk
Chapter 9 - talks and tea time
Chapter 10 - boys are complicated
Chapter 11 - vulnerable
Chapter 12 - husband and wife
Chapter 13 - mixed signals
Chapter 14 - questions and confusion
Chapter 15 - girl talk
Chapter 16 - illusion
Chapter 18 - just kiss already
Chapter 19 - he wants the D
Chapter 20 - touch
Chapter 21 - nerves and needs
Chapter 22 - kiss and don't tell
Chapter 23 - being with you
Chapter 24 - salt & vinegar
Chapter 25 - you're the boy i like
Chapter 26 - he's mine!
Chapter 27 - close
Chapter 28 - dates with hazza and lou
Chapter 29 - styles v. tomlinson
Chapter 30 - knock knock jokes and pick up lines
Chapter 31 - dresses for all occasions
Chapter 32 - like the titanic
Chapter 33 - shit happens
Chapter 34 - but he doesn't
Chapter 35 - fine and okay
Chapter 36 - stupid
Chapter 37 - losers and game day
Chapter 38 - kiss me you fool
Chapter 39 - always in my heart

Chapter 17 - are we friends or are we mOore?

4.2K 162 256
wakamonster által

Louis' POV
     Harry hates me. He has to. He hasn't looked at me a single time this whole practice. He probably thinks that I was just playing with his feelings, that I didn't really want to kiss him. He does have feelings for me right? Yeah, I mean he wouldn't try to kiss me if he didn't, unless- no yeah.

Practice went well other than my severe lack of focus. All the boys were playing great but I had to step aside when I kept messing up everything. Instead I worked on correcting and helping them with their skills which meant I could look at Harry a lot more often than usual. But like I said, he wouldn't look back. His face seemed quite stern the whole time but there was a certain facade to it. Like he still looked hurt but from an outsider's perspective it was hard to tell.

I wonder what happened to not being obvious. I guess that just went away when my feelings for Harry became so much more real. It's just so hard to not be obvious with how I feel when I feel so many things for this boy. I still think, that if my mates aren't paying too much attention, they won't be able to tell. It's obvious though. So fucking obvious.

Niall and Liam could tell something was on my mind, well actually everyone could but Niall and Liam knew what it had to be about. I just waved it off and told them I'd tell them later. I mean I still have to have that business meeting with Harry so who knows, maybe more will happen. I don't want to tell them both right away when they're could be more later on. Niall made me promise to tell them everything before they both gave me a hug and were walking off to meet up with Zayn. I still don't know Zayn that well, I've only had one conversation with him outside the pub which wasn't the best. But considering he seems to be good friends with Harry I should try to get to know him better.

I take my time packing everything up making sure that everyone is gone before me. I glance over to Harry's side of the field expecting to see Harry gathering all his things but he's not there. No ones there actually, but most importantly Harry's not there. He must have left already. I sigh and zip up my bag before turning around.

I jump and clutch my chest when I'm met with the tall beautiful curly headed boy with gorgeous green eyes smiling shyly at me.

"Oh god Harry, you scared the shit out of me," I breathe out still a bit uneasy after being startled like that.

Harry chuckles lightly, "Sorry. I was just about to say something but then you turned around," he explains rubbing at his ring finger again as if he has his rings on.

Definitely a nervous habit. It's cute, but I don't want Harry to feel nervous around me. I really hope us nearly kiss didn't make things awkward. Maybe I can break the tension some way.

"Are you blaming my almost heart attack on me," I ask fake gasping as I continue to clutch my chest.

"Maybe," Harry grins his dimples sticking out, "I can't afford to have your almost heart attack on my conscious."

I laugh at that which makes Harry laugh too, "Alright, fine. I'll take the blame for this one but if it happens again I'll be very mad," I joke poking him in the chest.

His very firm chest on his very fit body. Pull yourself together Louis!

Harry raises his hands up, "Oh no, I'm so scared," he says mockingly.

"You should be Styles," I warn taking a step forward, "I just happen to know all your weaknesses."

"Please do tell," Harry gestures for me to go on.

"Okay, first one, cats," I say to which he gives a little hum, "Second, tacos. And third, old ladies playing bingo," I hold up three fingers to him.

Harry laughs, "Wow, you know me so well!" he exclaims sarcastically, "But you are missing one weakness."

"Gold glitter?" I joke tilting my head.

Harry cackles at that, "No!" he exclaims, "Well, actually," he considers for a second before stating, "Okay so you're missing one MORE thing."

I grin and then step closer to start counting on his fingers, "Cats," I say pointing at one, "Tacos," I point at another, "Old ladies playing bingo," I list wrapping my hand around one last finger of his.

When I let go I look up to see that Harry's looking at me with a big goofy smile that makes my heart leap out of my chest. He places that same hand under his bottom lip still smiling a toothy smile showing off his cute bunny teeth. He doesn't look as if he's going to say anything anytime soon, like he's deep in thought, so I blush and try to laugh it off.

"So what am I missing then?" I ask clearing my throat to get his attention.

Harry blinks and then looks at me with a face of acknowledgment meaning he's heard what I said. He keeps his same smile and his hand by his mouth as he starts to rub at his bottom lip. It's almost a teasing motion but I don't think Harry's doing it on purpose.

"I'm sure you know," he says playfully biting his lip.

Fuuuuck. He really is teasing me. Damn it I should have kissed him! Now it's all I'm going to be thinking about. And he keeps tempting me but again, I don't think he even knows what he's doing to me.

"I'm sure I don't," I retort.

"You do. Even if you don't know it yet," Harry states finally dropping his hand from his mouth, "It's, um, fairly obvious."

"Does it have something to do with what- uh happened earlier?" I can't help but ask, "You know the-"

Harry's eyes widen clearly taken aback by my forwardness before he quickly interrupts me, "We should start discussing all the tournament stuff," he says changing the subject.

Okay, so maybe that's a yes then. But I still don't know what the weakness could be. And maybe that means that Harry doesn't want to talk about the near kiss that almost happened between us.

"Right," I nod slowly, "My house?"

"Yeah, if that's okay," Harry says adding the last part in a rush which makes me smile, "You did make it sound pretty inviting earlier," he smirks.

I blush remembering my not so subtle hinting, "You flatter me Hazza," I fake swoon but in reality I'm full on melting at every word that comes out of this boy's mouth.

Harry chuckles, "I know, now let's go," he nudges me as a way to get me to start walking, "You know that rhymed," he beams.

"You should be a songwriter then," I giggle because Harry's so adorable.

"I've written music before," Harry informs me as we make our way to the lot.

"You have?!" I asked definitely surprised by that.

Harry writing music? That's got to be the hottest thing ever, other than Harry doing literally anything. I mean his voice is really good and also really sexy, so I'm certain he could become a singer. And a songwriter.

"Yup," he says popping the 'p', "But it's not any good," he frowns a bit.

"I'm sure that's not true," I protest, "I would love to hear your music one day," I smile at him.

He quickly returns the gesture smiling with his dimples poking out, "I'd like that," he says softly.

We reach the lot to find that my car is the only one left. So maybe that wasn't Harry's car before. I wonder how he gets to the pitch so early. I wouldn't mind picking him up. I mean hell of course I wouldn't mind. But I do already drop him off so isn't that the next natural step?

Being with Harry like this feels so natural already. Like when I reach in my bag to get my keys and Harry automatically holds his hand out to take them, knowing I'll want him to drive. Yeah, that feels natural even though I know it shouldn't.

I hand the keys to him nonetheless and send him a little smile. He takes them as we continue to walk to my car. I get in the passenger's seat while Harry gets in the driver's. He turns on the car and then adjusts his seat a bit while I plug in my music. I turn up the volume to blast The Killers.

Harry looks over at me, "Ready for the best driving of your life?" he asks grinning ear to ear as he quotes me.

"Oh please Harold," I snort, "Like you could be a better driver than me."

Harry just rolls his eyes still smiling, "Whatever you say Lewis," he says before driving out of the lot.

The car ride consisted of a lot of talk about practice. Harry never brought up if he was upset or not so I figured I should just drop it altogether. Pretend that the almost kiss didn't even happen.

I apologized for Mark's behavior which he just brushed off, it seemed like he kind of forgot about the way Mark was which is good I think. I honestly really want the boys to hang out with Harry more over this tournament and I'm really glad we're sharing a hotel and bus. I want them to stop being stubborn jackarses to Harry already. They still send glares to the other team and I've heard words being exchanged but it's nothing too extreme. It could be worse I guess.

We continued to blast The Killers the whole ride. Harry particularly liked Bones which I thought was cute considering it has a pretty sweet sound to it. When we got to my house I knew my mum and sisters were going shopping but they'd be back later.

They really want to meet Curly, because I still haven't told them about Harry. Or the fact that Harry is Curly but I know them, and I know they'll figure it out. But I guess Niall and Liam know about my crush so there's no harm in telling them too.

"Okay, so hotels and buses," Harry says as he flops down on my bed and starts drumming on his clothed stomach.

He didn't even hesitate to head straight to my room as soon as we got to my house. But it didn't feel weird, it felt natural. And again I know it shouldn't.

"Right, hotels and buses," I restate sitting down next to him cross legged with a computer in my lap, "Where do we even begin?" I ask completely helpless.

Harry chuckles a bit, "Here let me see."

Harry sits up as I hand him my computer. He gracefully takes it in his much bigger hands. I expect him to start searching up stuff but instead he moves so he's in front of me and his back is facing me. He then lays back down placing his head in my crossed legs.

Heat rushes to my face and all over. Harry is literally laying in my lap. How the hell am I supposed to function?! I don't even know how I was going to kiss the boy without passing out because this, right now, is making me feel so light headed.

I look down to see he's already staring up at me. He smiles so softly looking into my eyes and I can feel the butterflies bursting out of me. He looks back to the screen typing out something while I'm too busy taking in big deep breathes. How is this beautiful boy even real?

When I've finally settled down I slip my hands into his hair. It's so curly and gorgeous I just had to play with it. Harry doesn't seem to mind as I move my hands massaging his scalp lightly.

I pull at his curls a bit which makes him close his eyes tilting his head back and humming at the feeling. That was certainly some kind of reaction. God, I should not be doing that if I don't want any complications with little Lou. I shift slightly with Harry's head still in my lap and settle on just combing my fingers through his hair.

I watch him as he looks up buses first that can take us to Bristol, which is where the tournament is. We need our own personal bus for our teams because we have a ton of stuff we need to bring. Not to mention I'm sure our two teams are going to want to be separated as much as possible.

"Lou look at this one!" Harry points excitedly.

I squint at the image he's showing, "A school bus? Really Haz?" I ask but I can't help but smile fondly looking down at him.

"Yes," he nods once seeming very determined.

"But won't it be a tight fit?" I question.

Harry smirks at that before refocusing, "I was thinking we could put all our bags in the back," he points, "While all of us sit up front. I know our mates might not love it but it's the best option I've seen so far."

I sigh, "Yeah and it's pretty cheap."

Harry smiles with his dimples popping out, "I think it'll be fun," he adds giving me an adorable puppy dog look.

I chuckle and because I literally can't say no to Harry, I say, "Okay, a school bus it is!"

"Yay! Thank you Louis!" Harry beams.

I poke one of his dimples which makes him giggle and squirm a bit in my lap. I can't, he's so cute!

"Now hotels," Harry states searching up hotels in Bristol after he bookmarked the bus listing.

"You're so businessy Hazza," I smile widely at him.

Harry reaches up and touches the crinkles by my eyes, "You're so beautiful," he mumbles but maybe I'm just hearing things.

"What?!" I ask blushing like crazy.

"Um, n-nothing," Harry stutters looking away from my eyes, "I-um what do you think about this hotel?" he asks avoiding my question.

"Oh, uh, it's nice," I respond not even bothering to look at what Harry's pointing at.

Instead I'm too focused staring at Harry. I find myself glancing at his lips more often than not. I should have kissed him. I mean are we just bound to flirt until one of us can't take it anymore? Because I think I'll be getting to that point pretty soon.

I don't want to make a move without being certain that Harry feels the same way that I do. I mean our almost kiss would have been perfect. It was a heat of the moment thing with him making the first move by leaning in. Those moments are rare though, aren't they?

So now we're left here. In a state I know very well, as pining. I've been in this state for years with Harry but somehow this feels worse. Because now we're friends. Just friends.

Friends who almost kissed.

———————————————————————
*what the hell is happening with Holivia?!? Like I'm lowkey scared. I just really hope Harry's doing okay!! 💚*

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

35.5K 781 62
Harry and Louis, the guys who hate each other. Harry doesn't like Louis because of his ego and Louis doesn't like Harry because he's too soft. The w...
49.5K 1.8K 29
Why must the good always fall for the bad Or Louis' innocent little crush on a coworker turns out to be something a little more... psychotic. {Start...
403K 11.3K 41
Louis Tomlinson has had a thing for his football coach since grade 9. Harry Styles catches an eye for one of his players. What starts as harmless fli...
41.5K 2.1K 11
@straightnogayvodka contacted me with an idea and this is the result. ♥️♥️♥️ Harry buys a house but when he moves in he discovers that his closest ne...