The Mediator 2 (GOT7 MARK fea...

By -eatseokjins

A sequel to The Mediator. Wendy has now ended her Year One as a Physiotherapy student and once again, she's... More

Chapter 1: Seoul I'm back!
Chapter 2: Reunion
Chapter 3: JYP Family
Chapter 4: The Fair Game
Chapter 5: Together forever?
Chapter 6: The Fair Game 2
Chapter 7: Mixed feelings
Chapter 8: Eodiga?
Chapter 10: The Tuan Family
Chapter 11: Lost
Chapter 12: What's the truth?
Chapter 13: Let the game begin
Chapter 14: The Climb
Chapter 15: Denial & Mind blown
Chapter 16: Hide and seek
Chapter 17: The Date
Chapter 18: Goodbye
Chapter 19: Healing
Chapter 20: Fly with Peter Pan
Chapter 21: Homeshare
Chapter 22: Status Quo
Chapter 23: Too good to be true
Chapter 24: Runaway Groom
Chapter 25: Unraveling the truth
Chapter 26: Save my friend
Chapter 27: Back to square one
Chapter 28: On hiatus
Chapter 29: We are One
Chapter 30: Jane
Author's note
New story: Seoulmate

Chapter 9: COFFEE TERIOR

2K 83 19
By -eatseokjins

"Hold on a minute. Let me think."

"Welcome to-"

"No! I know this place! I have seen it somewhere before!", I cut off Jackson's words before he could even tell me.

We were now in a cafe called 'COFFEE TERIOR', and somehow, it's setting seemed darn familiar to me. I started roaming around the cafe while Jackson spoke to one of the staff over the counter. I thought hard as I studied its surroundings. There were many photos hung on its wall and I noticed that it's mostly of the same person and idol group.

Then suddenly, it hit me. Just as I was about to shout out the answer, someone tapped on my shoulder from the back.

I responded quickly by turning back.

A short hair girl, about the same height as me and with big round eyes, was smiling back at me.

"O! UNNIE!", I called out right away and shook her hands when I recognized her face. The two of them really look alike, I thought.

"Annyeonghaseyo", the girl greeted me warmly,

"You must be Wendy-ssi! I have heard a lot about you from Youngji-ah ~", she expressed her friendliness towards me.

That's right. She is KARA Youngji's older sister and I am now at Youngji's family cafe, the same one which Jackson, Kangjoon oppa and Youngji had worked at for one day in <Roommate>.

"So... What brings you guys here? Anyway, is hot chocolate fine for you?",unnie then led us to a table and we settled down to chat.

"Ne", Jackson and I replied in unison.

When the hot chocolate arrived, we went into the serious matters.

"Actually noona, Wendy-ssi is planning to travel to LA with Mark hyung next week, but the expenses there are high. So, we're wondering if it's possible for her to have a part time job here for the time being?", Jackson explained to her while I nodded along with his words.

"Sure, I don't see why not?", another figure then appeared from the back.

"Eomeonim~", I stood up immediately and bowed at her when I noticed that it was Youngji's mother.

"NOONA!", Jackson jumped up in response and went to hug her on the other hand.

"Now now Jackson-ah, geumanhae... You are always flattering me! Just call me eomeonim will do...", Youngji's mother blushed and hit Jackson on his head slightly.

Just like that, eomeonim agreed to me working there and yay! At least there's some progress for me now.

-
-
-

"So, this is where the recipe book is placed. You can look up the book if you face any difficulties in making the orders", unnie then showed me around the counter.

"O, so this was the one you almost read it out to the whole world?", I eyed Jackson suspiciously.

"Must you mention it again? And wts, are you my fan or something you stalker? It seems like you pay a lot of attention on me", Jackson then made a face at me.

"Tch, VERY funny."

Next up, unnie proceeded on to teach me some basic skills in brewing coffee and usual communication skills with customers.

"Yup, so that's about all. If you have any problems, you can always ask me. I will working along with you", unnie said.

"Ne."

As I proceeded to the counter to take over the cashier job, I accidentally bumped into Jackson who was in my way.

"Now, what are you still doing here? Look, I appreciate your effort in bringing me here but if you are always in my way, how am I going to start work? I suppose you've got some training to catch up?"

"Have you forgotten that I was actually kicked out from training? And you think that by doing the job alone will earn you enough money for the plane tickets? In that case, dream on babo! Watch and learn from oppa here", Jackson pounded on his chest and said so.

Alright, I will let him be then.

In the end, Jackson positioned at the cashier whereas I was the one making the orders.

And very soon, our first few customers arrived.

"Annyeong, we would like five cups of iced americano please", I heard one of them said with my back turned against them.

I was busy trying to get those quick and easy recipes into my head in order to save time but Jackson then called out to me.

"Wendy-ssi! Are you that rude? Didn't you hear that our first few customers have arrived?"

"Oops, I'm so sorry!", I twirled around quickly,

"Annyeong! EH? GOT7?!", my eyes widened at the sight.

JB, Jr, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom were standing at the counter, smiling brightly at me.

"Noona! You look cute in that apron", Bambam pointed out which made my face turn red.

"What are you guys doing here?", I asked while craning my neck to look around, still searching for another person.

"Here to give you some support of course. And for your information, we didn't invite Mark hyung so quit looking", JB replied, as if he was reading my mind.

I got their iced americano ready in a few minutes time and I brought them to their table.

"If you guys left Mark oppa alone, then who else will he be with now?", I asked causally as I laid each of their cups on the table.

"Jessica noona", Youngjae answered without even thinking.

I flinched at his words but luckily, JB was quick enough to cover up for him.

"Er... Don't think too much about it! Anyway, you want to keep this as a surprise from him right? He is just teaching Jessica some rap skills. Besides, Yerin and Jimin are there too."

Just as JB mentioned that, I happened to receive a text from Jimin.

From: Jimin

No worries unnie. I've got my eyes on those two right now! I will make sure that that Jessica wouldn't come into contact with Mark oppa at all! Rest assured and fighting at work! 💪 :D Yerin send her well wishes too!

Hahaha, thank goodness I have these girls around.

Since GOT7 was here at cafe, it soon attracted a lot of fans. Just to catch a glimpse of them, most of the fans bought a few drinks and stayed in to chat with their idols. The orders kept coming in now and I got really busy.

Just like that, the journey of my part time job there started.

For the next few days, different idols would drop by the cafe, attracting their group of fans too. Yerin and Jimin came the next day and Jackson even got Amber to turn up here as well. I was amazed to be finally able to meet her in person. I really liked her as she is humorous, easy going and definitely of a different personality from other girls, like one of a kind.

I am starting to enjoy working here a lot.

-
-
-

At Roommate's Sharehouse,

"Youngji-ah! I can't believe that you didn't tell us that Wendy-ssi is currently working at your family cafe?!", Joonhyung oppa bellowed, and Youngji soon came scrambling down the stairs from the second level.

"Ah! Oppa! I forgot to mention that we are going to give her surprise visit today! Hmm, we will be leaving soon, so if you wanna go too, let's get changed!"

"BAMMMM!!! Can I invite more people too? It has been long since I spend some quality time with my fans and members."

"OMO oppa! Does that mean I can see the other G.O.D oppas too?", Youngji fangirled.

"Duh~"

With that, Joonhyung oppa posed in a picture with Youngji and Guk Joo unnie and started typing on his Instagram.

*Inserts picture*

godjp Yo everyone we are goin to our maknae Youngji's family cafe now! So if anyone can make it see you there by 4:30pm!!! BAAMMM!!!

After which, he dialed some numbers and made a few calls.

"Tae-woo-ssi, are you free later?"

-
-
-

Today was really quiet at the cafe but the atmosphere was strange. There were many people gathered outside, but they were all not coming in.

It was only when a black van drove up to the corner of the cafe that caused the fans to scream in delight and swarm up towards them.

I peered out of the glass panel curiously.

Who else is coming today? I wondered.

The door of the car soon opened and it showed Youngji, Guk Joo unnie and Joonhyung oppa alighting from it. However, that wasn't the end. My eyes widened when Kye-sang, Tae-woo, Hoyoung and Danny Ahn oppas then alighted from the van subsequently.

The crowd got fired up with all of the G.O.D members present here.

"Wendy!", Youngji exclaimed as she came to hug me once she entered.

"You are back finally! We have missed you so much!!!", Guk Joo unnie also joined in.

"BAAMMM!!! You guys are missing me here!", Joonhyung oppa then came up from our back and attempted to hug us too, only to be pushed aside by Guk Joo unnie.

"Oppa, mind you, only girls are allowed in this territory", she drew an imaginary line between us which made everyone laugh.

My eyes glistened with joy as the other G.O.D members walked up to us.

"Oppas! I'm a big fan of G.O.D!", I shook their hands frantically which showed how excited I really am.

"It's nice meeting you too Wendy-ssi!", Danny Ahn gives me a smile that just seems so genuinely sweet that unexpected warmth rushes through me.

"Anyway, let the party begin!", Joonhyung oppa finally announced.

They have actually invited their fans here for the day and they were treating all of them to drinks and food. It was like they had selected here to be their fan cafe for the day.

Youngji and Guk Joo unnie even came to my help in preparing the orders, whereas G.O.D members started arranging the tables and settling their fans down.

After we got all of their orders ready, I placed my hands under my chin at the counter and observed the scene before me.

G.O.D was performing one of their recent hit song <Saturday Night>.

Yo what's up everybody
It's Saturday night

Saturday night, my heart's already pounding tonight
so fine, so good, girl you make me feel
so right

Saturday night, my heart's already pounding tonight
so fine, so good, girl you make me feel
so right

With a delinquent attitude, slightly drunk
Leave behind the shy ones, the ones who turn things down, the ones who don't have tact
Everyone's a slave to money, a slave to love, why are you so worried?
Dance and lalala, call me when things are hard

Oh It's Saturday night
You'll get teased if you can't party
It's Saturday night oh
I'll keep your secret tonight

Like this show to the break of down
do you feel me every body come on

Oh good tonight
I felt good about tonight and I was right
Oh good tonight
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

Just trust oppa and follow me
Just trust oppa, I'll pick a star for you
Just trust oppa and follow me
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

The shelter for those who lost love
Shine brightly in the darkness
This club is the artist's studio
Hope you get lucky tonight
It's like we poured honey into our drinks
Standing on a dangerous line as if we're burning
You bad sheep, come to me
Do your parents know you're like this?

Oh It's Saturday night
You'll get teased if you can't party
It's Saturday night oh
I'll keep your secret tonight

Like this show to the break of down
do you feel me every body come on

Oh good tonight
I felt good about tonight and I was right
Oh good tonight
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

Just trust oppa and follow me
Just trust oppa, I'll pick a star for you
Just trust oppa and follow me
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

Yo god is back
Everyone together 1,2,3,4
god with a partying style
Just like how oppa dances, follow
It's a burning Saturday, gather here
Hey party up all night long

Oh good tonight
I felt good about tonight and I was right
Oh good tonight
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

Love me tonight
Hug me tighter today
Love me today
Go crazy and shout and make a mess
It's Saturday night

Just trust oppa and follow me
Just trust oppa, I'll pick a star for you
Just trust oppa and follow me
Go crazy right now, can't sleep tonight

I cheered out loud as they ended their performance.

I am truly touched by everyone's efforts in trying to help me raise enough funds for the LA trip. Today actually marks my last day of work here and I would gladly say that I really enjoyed my time all this while.

As I was thinking through all of the happy moments spent here, I felt someone placed her hand over my shoulder.

"Eomeonim", I greeted Youngji's mother.

"Wendy-ssi, this is your pay", she told me as she handed me an envelope.

My eyes widened when I saw the amount of money she had given me.

"Andwae! Eomeonim, this is way too much!", I pushed the money back to her but she insisted that I keep it.

"Ani-eyo! Didn't you see how many customers actually dropped by daily because of you? It's your reward! All of your hard work paid off!", she patted my hand and smiled at me.

"Eomeonim...", I trailed as tears started welling up in my eyes.

"Wendy-ssi, I hope that you will enjoy your time with your boyfriend in LA! Don't forget to come back and visit us again next time!"

"Don't worry, I will...", I was so overwhelmed with joy that I cried.

With that, we then all sat down together and sang to G.O.D's <Eomeonimkke> as the day slowly drifted into the night.

-
-
-

"Wendy-ssi, take good care of yourself while I'm away okay? I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to be by your side recently...", Mark caressed my face as he spoke to me sadly.

Today is finally the day of his LA trip and I came along with him to the airport to send him off.

"Ne oppa. Come back quickly alright!", I pretended to be crestfallen and pouted, although I was laughing badly in my heart.

"Oppa, ppal-li ka...", Jessica was obviously unhappy with our skin ship and she started dragging Mark away. However, he managed to give me a peck on my lips.

"K, I will make it up to you once I return!"

With that, he gestured for Yugyeom to come along as well as they proceeded to the counter to deposit their luggage.

"WTS Yugyeom?! What did you pack in your luggage? Do you need so much stuff when you are just traveling alone? You are unbelievable!", Mark blurted out when he saw Yugyeom dragging two luggage along with him.

"Who says that I'm traveling alone?", Yugyeom then sent Mark a smirk.

"JJANG!", I finally appeared from Yugyeom's back and grinned like a Cheshire Cat as I waved my passport and plane tickets in front of Mark's eyes.

Mark looked at me with a shocked face.

"Oppa~ Wendy will always fly around with Peter Pan!"

-------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry for the late update! I was having writer's block for the past few days and was having a hard time trying to elaborate this chapter. I hope that it's alright. Also, I have used some ideas from <Roommate> (the part where G.O.D invited their fans to the cafe) , so credits to them!

Just to let you guys know, the next chapter may also come up late as I will be traveling to BKK tmr! HOOYA!!!!

<3,

Wendy (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 224 56
Mafia/Gang AU Ended: February 5th 2022 Editing started: February 6th 2022 19/54 chapters edited Bold italics: Flashbacks Bold text: English Text with...
121K 4.6K 32
Synopsis: A 2 months spy? Are you serious about this?! How can I face them once they find out that I was only playing with them all along, and most o...
68.5K 829 7
Noona is only partially acquainted with the men of Got7, but when an unfortunate kitchen accident occurs, they have to stay a week at her hotel. Tens...
35K 811 21
Y/N, (you) and Mark Tuan have been friends ever since you guys were only two years old. When you both turn 13, you fall in love. But after a tragic a...