An Idol? More like a bunch of...

Per Nekoramara-senpai

Takes place in no Volume at all. :D ( Let me clarify one thing. This is a Hololive x KIYOTAKA fanfic. Well, I... Més

Prologue
Chapter 2: A Cunning Dude
Chapter 3: The Phoenix and the Necromancer

Chapter 1: An Interesting First Time Meet Up

2K 110 44
Per Nekoramara-senpai

Kiyotaka POV

It was already evening by the time I left the office. I took a glance at the clock hanging on the wall to see that time is already 18:30. It's time for me to leave.

Today, at exactly 19:00 or 7:00 pm, I'm going to meet a certain someone, who'll be the one to pick me up. I was surprised that I'll be starting my job right away despite the sudden notice. Well, it's not like I'm complaining or anything. In fact, I was happy.

Happy to hear that I'm going to leave this place sooner than I had thought.

As soon as I packed my personal belongings on the small bag my father gave me, I rushed down the corridor in a hurry.

There, a tall, healthy young man was standing in a black suit with a tie. He emits a very mature aura, like some kind of professional business man who's here to make a very interesting offer.

He noticed me, and gave me a slight wave. It was my indication that he was the person I was supposed to meet. As I took a closer look, he wasn't a young man as I have previously imagined.

He was on the age between a very successful person and a maturing fresh graduate in college. And despite all of that description, I was still unable to determine his exact age.

I approached him, then he gave me a bow with a warm smile.

"I suppose you are Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-kun, right?"

"Yes. May I ask how did you know who I am?"

It was obvious that no other people fron the outside can enter this facility. So of course, the chances of him meeting me even on the other side of the glass is low, not unless he was granted permission by my father.

"Well, your facial figure and...eyes, is clearly identical to your father."

"Eh?" I was baffled.

I've heard many times that mine and the old man's eyes are the same. It was cold, empty and void of any existing emotions. But never have I ever heard that our facial figure is the same, so I can't really hide my surprise.

"Haha, you see, me and your father have been best friends since middle school. He and I went to the same school until college." He explained, clearly remembering the nostalgic past coming over his mind. "Not until after we graduated, of course. We took our own different paths."

He was so sucked in on his story that I felt my face stiffened. Truth to be told, I can't bring myself to believe a single word coming from his mouth. And yet I also feel that he's telling the truth.

That man? Having a friend? Just from his everyday attitude, I was definitely sure that he's a loner in the past. Someone who likes to spend their time on their own while not bothering themselves to socialize. That's the kind of impression I have of him.

While the person in front of me, who claims himself as my old man's friend, is the total opposite of him. He looks like someone outgoing, energetic yet mature.

"Oh, I shouldn't be talking about the past..." He scratched his head out of embarrassment.

Well, I guess it made me slightly uncomfortable talking about him, but this topic is a new for me, so I didn't really mind.

"Nice to meet you, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-kun. I'm Motoaki Tanigo. People call me by the nickname "YAGOO"." Motoaki-san slightly scratched his cheeks out of embarrassment. "Though I don't really mind being called like that. I guess it still makes me embarass from time to time, though I've already got used to it."

Having different nicknames coming from different kind of people are a norm. Or so it says on a particular book that I've read. Nicknames are commonly gained from a certain trait a person have.

Like, how a fat person are called 'piggy' or how a knowledgeable student are called a 'nerd' for some reason. Even if the person himself doesn't like it, the more the other people heard of the name, it will slowly gain influence until that nickname is already glued in your back.

Not only it will help other people recognize you, it will also increase your self consciousness if ever the nickname is a bad trait of yours, which will motivate you to change.

Though I don't know why his nickname is 'YAGOO' even if I scramble his name, I wouldn't really know why unless I ask the person himself or the person who created the nickname, which I wouldn't.

"Just as you know, I'm Ayanohorny Kiyobaka- Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. It's nice meeting you." I slightly bowed my head as a formality. I've learned that showing respect to old people is a must.

That's how our first meeting went. It was normal, of course, nothing special or weird happened. We ended the introductions with a shake hands as he gave me a warm smile. Something that I haven't seen ever in my life, even on old and new picture books that I've read before.

It just....feels different. His smile, I mean.

"I suppose you have a lot of question in mind, Kiyotaka-kun?"

Well, he was right. A lot of things, actually. From the non important ones like how did he met my father and why did they become friends, to important ones like what work will I even do.

"Please be easy on me..."

He must've felt that I've been eager to ask those questions, and there were piles of it.

"I'd like to ask what job I will do." It was the first question that entered my mind, so I asked right away.

A slight grin formed on his face as we continued to walk in silence in this narrow, white corridor. It wasn't for mockery or anything like that.

"A manager." The answer was just as straightforward as that.

But of what exactly?

A company? A store? Is it about managing finances or perhaps a business? That was the thing that I didn't knew.

"Can you please elaborate it more?" My goal, what I want- No, what my father wants me to achieve, is still unknown. Perhaps they already talked about this, but I've been left out on the dark- oblivious.

"Well, to make things clear for you, I need to explain it from the start." without removing his eyes in front of him, he started to talk. "I'm the CEO and the president of a company called Cover Corporation. We develop and manage virtual and augmented reality software application products. We also operates virtual youtuber character designs, live broadcasting and more."

For a normal human living in the outside world, understanding his statement is easy. The way he explain and relay the information is so good that even the most stupid person on earth will understand.

So, did i really surpassed the most stupid person on earth? Because I didn't understand a single word from him.

"Youtuber"?, is that some sort of device? Though, I understand what a "Virtual Reality" is, my knowledge about technology is like those of an infant.

Upon noticing this, Motoaki-san let out a giggle, as if amuse. How did he even knew that I'm at lost?

"Don't worry about what I said, those are unimportant things. You don't need to know what those strange words means."

What's weird isn't the word but me. But it's a relief that I don't need to investigate about those. It will only waste my time after all.

"We decided to create a virtual youtuber of our own. By 2017, our first 'idol' debuted, and it was a hit. After gaining a tremendous amount of supporters, we recruited thousands of people into joining the agency." he stopped talking for a few seconds. What enveloped us wasn't an awkward silence, but a tensed one. "The femal virtual youtuber agency was now called Hololive. We have hundreds of talents with us, including the Holostars, which is an all male vtubers."

I already got the gist of what I'm about do and the people I'm about to manage. Handling a bunch of idols, huh? That sure is the same thing my father is currently doing, but it was fundamentally different.

What I'm about to manage is a 'person', a human or maybe a mythical creature of some sort. But I'm not going to handle a 'company', a business or anything related about my father's work.

What he's doing is handling the facility itself, including the paperworks, the workers, the kids, the training regimen, all of it. Everything was all under his command.

And that's not what I'm about to do. But it's still related about it either way.

"So, I suppose I will manage the all male ones?" It goes without saying that a 16 year old teenage boy like me isn't appropriate to handle a bunch of girls. There's a lot of future problems that's possible to happen. And I'd like to avoid that if possible.

"No." he stopped on his tracks upon reaching the door leading us outside. "You'll handle our girl idols." He was calm, as if he doesn't have a problem with it. No, more like he knew that it was a problem, but he knew that I'm trustworthy. "In fact, I have some of them with me now."

I took a last glance behind me.

This world that I've grown accustomed with. This white walls that blocked the air coming from the outside. The white ceiling that I've grown to see every time I wake up. This white corridor that I've walked into after piles and piles of training.

This white world that I've yet taint by my emotions.

The empty, cold, and silent corridor didn't respond to my psychological thoughts.

And now, I'm about to leave this very facility- No, this home that I've live at for 16 whole years.

I was about to leave it, temporarily. Because the road in achieving my task at hand is short, the time I have in the outside world is short as well. Whether if I'm going to live my life at a fullest or not is something fate knew, but I don't.

Well, I guess it's better that way.

It will be boring if you already knew your future, right?

That's why I'm bored.

As Motoaki-san opened the door, I was blinded by two- no, it was only a single light that I saw, and yet it completely turned my vision into complete white.

It was the moon. A full moon, to be exact.

I was deep within the forest. The trees growing so tall that the tip aren't visible by the eye. The cicadas singing their songs to attract the female ones. Fireflies can also be seen helping the moon to light up the dark forest.

As I head more and more into the open spaced grassy area, where trees are surrounding us, I looked back to see what the facility looks like from the outside.

Just as I thought, it was pure white. It's like a simple building with no any decorations nor windows or anything like that. It was merged with a cavern, yet it doesn't look like one. It's like a mountain and yet, it's not even half the height of Mount Fuji.

I was astonished by the beauty of this place, if not for the fact that it was right in front of the place that destroyed my humanity.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Motoaki-san muttered under his breath as he heavily inhaled the fresh oxygen from the trees.

Despite not seeing me as he has his eyes closed, I nodded as a response and did the same. Nature sure do bring a different kind of beauty, huh? Even though I've seen one in a Science book, it still feels different when I'm the one seeing it up close.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, copying Motoaki-san. And as I did, I was greeted by a strong, forceful air from my left to the right. It made my hair sway a bit as well.

I thought it's just a natural phenomenon from most occasions, where oxygen gathers in a large quantity in the same direction, creating a very strong wind.

However, this feels...

Different?

Before I knew it, a thin branch from a nearby tree forcefully collapsed, like someone stepped on it before jumping. As I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a sickle- No, a scythe in my left.

This could kill me if I receive that straight on in my face, in which I leaned backwards to dodge the swing. Just from that missed swing, another strong, accumulated gust of wind appeared.

I looked on the person wielding the said black scythe.

It was a girl. With  pink eyes and pink, long hair. She is wearing a black dress, with a black, slightly teared up cape. There were also spikes on both of her shoulders in the cape, with a tiara holding her white veil.

I was mesmerized by her beauty that I almost forgot that she almost tried to kill me. I immediately cast that thought at the back of my head as she tried to cut me in half, literally.

She swing her scythe behind her to create a momentum, then connected it with a slash in my middle. It was close, but I managed to dodge it by holding the sides of the scythe with my hands.

She tightened her grip, as if her life depends on this last attack. It got more and more stronger every time she tightens her grip.

I let out a sigh.

Why am I even being attacked right after I leave that place?

Is this fate being cruel to me, or is fate merely testing me? If that's the case...

With both of my foot, I kicked both of her knees which made her loosen her grip and fall on the ground. And of course, I fell as well, with the scythe still stuck on my hands.

I held the grip of the scythe, it was light, actually. It looks like a toy- a dangerous toy. I tried testing if it really was real by slicing the skin of my finger a bit with the tip.

It was definitely real.

I aimed her own weapon in front of her- right in the head. I don't even knew who she is, nor have any idea what's going on. Do I have a bounty on my head, perhaps?

Will I kill her, though? Definitely not. I wouldn't want to bury a corpse first right after arriving here.

As I think of what I'm about to do, the girl already stood up, ready to fight again. She has her resolve steeled. Whether if she lost her weapon or not, it didn't matter anymore.

Well, shall we enjoy ourselves then?

I gave back the scythe by throwing it in the air, right in front of her. She received it with a surprise look. Well, not like anyone could blame her. Why would a victim give the weapon back to his killer? It was stupid.

But I don't want this to be an unfair fight.

She hastily run towards me. It looks like a desperate attack, or a reckless one. But I cannot see any openings on that sprint. She was holding her scythe on her side, as if protecting a surprise attack from me.

She swing it right in my head. Does she have a thing in removing my head? As usual, I ducked to dodge the attack, but I didn't knew a chain was connected to the hilt of her weapon.

No, it was definitely not there when I was holding it earlier. She throwed the scythe in a counterclockwise to me as I dodge it with a simple back flip. Then, she pulled the chain so that it will return like a boomerang. It was fast, and I didn't expect that.

I don't have the time to dodge it, in which I received the blow with my palm. It pierced right through my left hand, but I prevented further casualties by restraining the rest of the scythe with my right hand. I tightened the grip, so that she won't have any control over her weapon anymore.

I didn't noticed that I've been tightening the grip more and more that it literally crumbled down the part that I'm holding. I'm definitely sure it's made of some sort of steel, so why did it broke off so easily?

She was surprised by it, thus, she let go of the chain, then rushed towards me with the intention of hand-to-hand combat.

I also let go of her scythe.

I'm wasting Motoaki-san and my time here.

As she got closer to me, I kick her right knee with an extent force which made her fell on her other one, grabbed her neck and slammed her back on the grassy, moisty ground.

She tried resisting by tapping my only hand gripping her neck, by kicking her feet on the air. But before I tried to harden it more, I was interrupted by Motoaki-san, who himself grabbed my shoulders.

"It's fine already." he said with a calm tone.

Slowly, I removed my hand, as she gasped for air while rubbing her neck. She was so close in losing consciousness if not for Motoaki-san.

She stood up not before long as she patted her black dress, removing the dirts.

"Are you okay, Calliope-san?"

"Eh?" I was surprised.

"Yeah! All fine and ready!" She answered.

Wait, what's happening here.

"Wait..." I'm definitely at a loss here. I don't have a single clue on what's happening.

"Oh, you see..." Motoaki-san started. "She is one of the idols I'm talking about, and I brought her here with me, well, to serve as a guard or some sort, she is strong after all."

I can certainly see that, yes. But why make an idol be a bodyguard? I thought idols only do cute things like making concerts, songs and making people happy. And you're making her protect someone? That sure is a change.

She has her eyes downcast the whole time Motoaki-san is talking.

"I-I-I-I'm M-Mori Calliope! I am certainly honored to meet you!" she gave me a very deep bow, with both of her hands in her middle. "I'm s-so sorry for my previous behavior earlier, and about the injury. Y-You see, it was a test..."

"A test?"

"Y-Yes! I'm trying to see if you really are the real deal... You know, the rumor about a human surpassing the power of even a demon. I would certainly like to see you fight!" She was getting excited that her eyes was replaced by sparkling stars.

I was surprised. This is the first time I've heard that I was popular for having the power that rivals or surpass even the demons.

Hmm, interesting.

"And you certainly live up to your name! Like, you were so cool back then! Like how you managed to dodge my most fastest attack!" Instead of being saddened that I beat her, she waa still brimming with happiness. "So... I would l-like to ask a favor."

Oi, what's with the sudden change of attitude. Earlier you were al hyped about my strength, and now you're scratching your legs together with a flushed face? Don't give me that. That's just...

Cute

"P-Please... allow me to be your apprentice!"

"Eh?"

A surprise attack.

An unexpected counterattack that caught me off guard.

Me, a mere human, training the apprentice of Death itself? Wait, is she even allowed to have two mentors in the first place? I doubt Death will forgive me if I accept her offer, and that will be troublesome.

Mori Calliope. The apprentice of Death, or what people call the Grim Reaper or shinigami. His power rivals those of the gods, he was also a lone wonderer in the underworld, feared by the people on earth and yet, praised by the people there.

And right now, his very apprentice is begging me to be her second mentor. What a way to make things more complicated.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

7.4K 507 18
In a parallel world, Ayanokouji finds himself influenced by a character named Odasaku from the BSD universe, who encourages him to embrace goodness...
117K 4.6K 35
Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the sole survivor of the demonic 4th generation and the Masterpiece of the White room, has passed his final examination. But, du...
428K 13.8K 71
This is my first fic and I've no plans to update it any sooner. And believe me, even I cringe at some parts. This is a fanfiction set in the COTE uni...
9K 342 15
""So, Mr. Ayanokoji, have you had any changes in your emotional state over the past few days?" I ask the boy right in front of me." The Whiteroom is...