Define Sociopath

By MyGirlAster

*** When Delilah Lancaster wakes up in a disheveled motel room covered in nothing more than crimson blood and... More

Copyright/ A:N
Prologue
Part 1: A stranger's grieving stare
Part 2: Somewhere safe
Part 3: Warmth
Part 4: Hope or Pessimisim?
Part 5: Fatal Attempt
Part 6: Blood Of Deception
Part 7: The Warmth Of A Sociopath
Part 8: The Wolf's Cave
Part 9: Blood Bath
Part 10: Sympathy
Part 11: A matter of trust
Part 12: Unknown
Part 13: Pure Flame
Part 14: Troubled Mind
Part 15: Biological Cause
Part 16: Mistake
Part 17: Room Service
Part 18: Consequences
Part 19 : The Car Ride
Part 20 : Father
Part 21: Pain
Part 22 : The Escape
Part 23 : The Party
Part 24 : Help
Part 25: Finally safe
Part 27: Screams of the wind
Part 28 :Ruby
Part 29: Chocolate

Part 26 : The Shattered Vase

1K 29 7
By MyGirlAster

Chapter 26

"We are here," Anthony informed.

The silence consumed every speck of sound as he tried his best to make conversation with Delilah. She didn't blame him because the silence felt awkward, but that was all until he stated their destination regaining her to blow out a breath in relief. The house was a Mediterranean style one story with pink and orange hibiscus bushes complimenting alongside the home neatly.

"Wow, nice house."

"Thank you, I picked out the property and your aunt Lucy planed out the landscaping." He said, his tone excited that she commented on his home.

As they both got out of the vehicle they walked up to the porch where a very worried woman waited impatiently for her niece, her teeth bit at her nails frantically as Delilah closed the distance between them. Her hands clasped onto her red cheeks as her crystal blue eyes met Delilah's'. She was wearing navy blue scrubs and the bags clinging to her eyes made her look older than she was but not older than Anthony. Her ruby red hair was up in a ponytail, fly-aways sticking out in many directions, Lucy had seen better days. Delilah jumped into her open arms taking in her lavender vanilla scent, a nostalgic and inviting smell that overwhelmed Delilah.

Lucy locked her arms around her frail body as her tears stained Delilah's cheeks while she placed kisses all over her face.

She pulled away, her eyes still red. "Deli, how do you feel, are you in any pain?" She asked frantically, as she speculated every inch of her niece's body.

Her frown sunk even more at the story that Delilah's bruises and frail state were telling her, for Lucy the infliction on her flesh was more than a story, it was a nightmare, one that she couldn't be woken up from because it was reality.

Delilah choked back a sob at being able to hear her aunt call her that mediocre nickname again, she never expected to be so happy to be able to listen to her say it.

She pulled Lucy back into an embrace. "I missed you calling me that." She whispered.

"And I'm okay." She said.

Lucy searched her eyes, trying to get reassurance from them.

"Okay, well come inside. You must be starving and in need of rest." She exclaimed giving Delilah one last tight hug before pulling her inside her house.

"You have such a nice home, Lucy." She commented, as her eyes scanned over every piece of furniture and decoration, everything in sync with the Mediterranean theme, a burst of white and oak wood furniture were evident around the home.

"Thank you Deli, would you like something to eat? I made dinner, there's Lasagna your favorite! And for dessert, I made grandma's famous tiramisu." Excitement lingered in Lucy's voice as she pulled Delilah over to the dining room table.

The table was blanketed in heavenly delights causing Delilah's stomach to growl and her mouth to water. She sat down at a chair and started to crowd her plate with food. She stuffed her face with mouthfuls of food as tears began to stream down her face. She missed eating homemade food, food in general. She had enough of having one meal a day or whenever it was available to her. The taste of the cheese and tomato enlightened her taste buds as she stuffed her face. It was a blast of flavor that overtook her. At the sight Lucy's face dropped, her eyes filled with so much worry and sorrow.

"This is amazing, thank you so much. "She whispered, blinking away the tears.

Lucy sat at the dining table next to Delilah and stroked her back lightly.

"Thank you, honey, it's well deserved. You are a tough cookie. Now, what would you like to drink?" She said, leaving a chase kiss on her niece's forehead.

"Water please, a lot of water." She mumbled, mouth full of lasagna.

She poured her a glass while she chuckled. "Take it slow Deli, I don't want you choking, and then have your mom blame it on my cooking."

Delilah smiled at her aunt's words and continued to eat until her plate was empty and she served herself another. She ate mouthful after mouthful in a rapid motion which caused some of the condiments to fall to the floor. She froze, looking up at both Anthony and Lucy who were both grinning at her in amusement. Anthony didn't know that one small seventeen-year-old could eat so much and Lucy was amazed and pleased by Delilah's appetite.

"I'm sorry, I'll clean that up." Delilah's words came out muffled.

"It's okay, Ruby can take care of it," Anthony said.

Suddenly Delilah felt wet strokes at her ankles, causing her limbs to become gelid and the hairs on her neck to raise. She glanced down under the table, her heart-stopping in her chest. There was a black and caramel German Shepard, her eyes ebony making her look like the most intimidating and scary dog Delilah had ever seen. Anthony could see the fear in her frantic expression.

"She doesn't bite, but if you would like I can have her from coming near you till you leave?"

Delilah shook her head as she exhaled a shaky breath.

"It's okay." She waved his question off.

It took every bone in her body from getting up and running away from the dog in front of her. Biting the inside of her cheek she hesitated to touch the dog on the head, confirming she was fine with its company even though she was lying. But she didn't like intruding into her aunt's privacy and ask to have their dog be taken away from her presence. She didn't want to seem like a bother.

"Are you sure? She's my police dog and was trained to listen and obey my every command. All you have to do is say the word and ill keep her away from you. "He said, his lips pursed.

Delilah dared to touch the canine once more as she shook her head, answering his question. At that, he refrained from asking her again. He walked over to Lucy, laying his broad arms around her and planting a kiss on her forehead. At that, the frown on her features melted away and was soon replaced with one of happiness.

Delilah grinned at seeing her aunt so happy. Lucy had been single throughout most of her thirties because her husband Mike had passed away from a heart attack. She swore she wouldn't find anyone as amazing as him and refused to date again but months turned into years and she was able to find her holy grail and Delilah couldn't be any happier for her. She deserved to love and be loved especially by someone who treated her with so much care and support like Anthony did.

It was the first time in a very long time that Delilah was able to encounter something normal again. The first time she didn't have to run, fear for her safety, or count the days she was kidnapped for. She savored every single specular moment of freedom and happiness. Stories were told, laughs were exchanged, and Delilah couldn't be any more grateful for it all.

***

The aroma of wild berry and lemon engulfed Delilah's nose as she inhaled the delightful scent of the body scrub that she lathered onto her skin. Lucy had prepared the bathroom in the guest bedroom with all types of pampering indulgent, from strawberry-scented shaving cream to expensive-looking shampoos, excitement grew in Delilah, it had been a couple of months since she had a decent shower and she was going to take advantage of all the products her aunt had laid out for her.

By the time Delilah retreated from the shower, steam had consumed every inch of the bathroom, indicating that she was in there for quite some time. She drew her palm over the fogged mirror to clear it but instantly regretted it, causing her smile to sink. The girl staring back at her wasn't Delilah, the innocent and happy girl whose features lit up her surroundings. The wide-eyed girl in front of her was sad, frail, and frightened, dark bags tugged under her eyes, no longer the ones of an optimistic girl but those of a woman who had been through more than what her heart could withstand.

Delilah winced at the sight in front of her. She glared at her reflection wishing and praying that what was in the mirror staring back at her wasn't really her. Her frail fingers grasped onto the pale skin of her face. Her body had shrunk an unbelievable amount since the last time she gave into account her appearance.

She knew she was well off of the hundred and twenty-five pounds she once was. Her eyes wandered down her figure, with every inch she acknowledged the lower her face fell. The gunshot wound on her abdomen had healed but into an ugly scar that still seemed raw. The bones of her hips pressed their way out of her skin, and her bruised and scratched thighs, no longer caressed each other, now many inches apart. She flinched turning her back to the monster she saw in the mirror.

Sliding down the vanity a sob escaped her, she pressed her hands into her chest as fresh tears flooded her cheeks. It was too much, it had been too much for her to handle. Like a cracked vase constantly being used and flooded with water until it can't support the pressure anymore and just shatters. That was Delilah, Delilah was that fragile vase. She filled her cheeks with air and slowly released it in a sigh as she wiped the tears.

She no longer wanted to be sad, she no longer wanted to feel sorry for herself or have a wretched past of events control her. She no longer wanted to be a shattered vase. She pushed herself up from the ground and straightened herself out, shortly after a gasp flooding Delilah's ears. She jumped, rushing to cover herself with a towel. Her eyes meeting with Lucy's blue ones. 

"Delilah," She whispered, voice broken by sadness.

Lucy reached out for her niece, pulling her slender body into the warmth of her skin.

"Lucy, I am okay." Delilah, muttered into her aunt's hair as she tightened her arms around her.

Tears flooded her eyes. Delilah pulled away from her and squeezed her arms lightly.

"Don't worry, I'm learning how to accept this," She said motioning down at herself.

"This is only temporary ."

Lucy gave her a sad smile. "I'm sorry, for reacting the way that I did when I saw you, I also shouldn't have walked into the bathroom without knocking, I am really sorry Deli."

Lucy placed clothes for her on the counter, then turning to approach the door as she said. "You are the strongest person I know."

Delilah smiled at her. "Thank you."

Her aunt stepped out of the bathroom but she rushed to speak.

"Can you stay with me tonight, I'm scared of storms Lucy." 

Her eyes lit up. "Of course, let me go get some ice cream! And we can watch our favorite show." Lucy's tone was happy as she kissed Delilah on the forehead then raced her way out to go get the goodies.

Delilah lied she wasn't scared of the storm, she was scared to be alone, but she had made that as an excuse, to have her aunt by her side and ease the tension of the disturbing scene Lucy had encountered. She slipped on the clothes her aunt had laid out for her, pink pajamas that she once left long ago at her aunt's house when she was twelve but fortunately fit her.

She smiled at herself before heading out into the guest bedroom and being met with Lucy who was already waiting for her, popcorn, ice cream, and candy present. Laughs and giggles were exchanged as they sat and watched reruns of the Bachelor and stuffed their faces with tubs of cotton candy ice cream. That night was one Delilah was never going to forget, she hadn't felt as safe and happy as she did till now. It was the first time in a really long time that she wasn't scared or frightened, that she wasn't a shattered vase.

***

Author's Note:

Hello everyone, thank you all so much for reading and especially commenting, I love reading all of the comments! they make me laugh and smile so much! you guys have no idea! ALSO thank you also so muchhhh for getting me to 140K readssss. I AM so HAPPY! writing, the dream job that I would like to have one day, and its been coming true over time. The little twelve year old who had started to have this dream would never have imagined what her twenty one year old self has already accomplished and its all thanks to you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will be trying to update very soon. This story still has a couple more pages to be turned before it can come to an end and I can't for you all to read it!

Love - Aster

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289 55 8
He gave her his heart... and now he wants it back. Delilah is running for her life. And from it. Six days ago, she made a terrible choice, one...
3.2K 620 35
#COMPLETED [HORROR-THRILLER] #34 in psychic-abilities #52 in psycho-thriller #60 in sociopath This is her adventure, she is narrating. Ava, a bea...
572K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
390K 10.7K 58
After five years of heavy studying, Beverly Frazier finally graduated as a psychiatric nurse. When she, much sooner than she ever thought, got a job...