๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†, ๐„๐•๐„๏ฟฝ...

By arthurm0rgan

When a reserved, quiet teen moves to Forks to take care of her crime novelist grandfather, she finds herself... More

1
2
3
4.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

5.

4.4K 142 11
By arthurm0rgan

A wool blanket rested loosely over her shoulders as Ivy waited for Sam. Sue lent her a few books about Quileutes to further help her with the research, which she was grateful for.

"Oh, they're back." Paul said, looking out the window, unbothered.

Ivy rose to her feet, "They are?" She still didn't quite know what was going on, she decided not to pry. The books Sue had let her borrow had plenty of information, too.

Jared and Sam stood at the Clearwater's front door, unscathed and indifferent. Ivy didn't know what to say, so she just stayed quiet. "I'm back." He said quietly.

Ivy showed no emotion, but he could tell by the tapping of her feet and the biting of her lips that she had been worried sick. She didn't even know what was going on, and still managed to grow concerned.

"Sorry, small bear problem at the Rez." He lied. It wasn't a good lie.

Jared had smelled the filthy bloodsucker around the woods, so he knew it was smart to catch her quick. But the redheaded vampire was too swift and quick-footed that she had escaped just right under their noses.

"I guess I better head home. You look tired." She said, noticing his look. "We can continue this another time, when you can."

He smiled before his eyes fixed on the Clearwater's. "Hi Seth, Sue." He greeted.

"Good to see you, Sam." Sue replied, a motherly smile on her face.

"Leah." He acknowledged, nodding.

Leah grunted, barely acknowledging her ex-boyfriend. She refused to look at him, brushing past his shoulder and out of the house. Sam lead Ivy towards his truck, hand hovering near her lower back as his other arm shielded her from the pouring rain with his flannel. It smelled like him, it was a sweet scent.

The rain reached all the way into the secluded house that was the Lee Residence. Although she appreciated the gesture, the flannel didn't help to shield Ivy from the rain at all, she was soaking wet and so was Sam, he was drenched from head to toe.

"Do you wanna come in to dry off?"

A wave of warmth engulfed Ivy as she entered her house. The warmth was thanks to Grandpa Lee always turning the thermostat to the highest heat possible at night. He stared into her eyes yet again as she bumped into him, unaware of her surroundings as she rushed to dry off before entering the living room. Her eyes were more hazel than brown. That settled it, his favourite color had changed yet again to hazel, if you could even call it a color. She shook the rain off herself and took Sam's coat.

"Just wait in the living room while I heat up some tea for us."

Sam obeyed her orders like a dog and sat down on the edge of the couch, afraid to make it wet from his drenched clothes. His boots made a slushing sound whenever he walked. The rain roared and crashed against the house's windows. He watched as Ivy disappeared into the kitchen. He took up a considerable amount of space on the couch, even though it was a big one.

She came back not too long later, a blanket over her shoulders, completely dry with new clothes. She liked to wear dark, neutral colors a lot, as evidenced by her dark grey sweater. Ivy held a decorated wooden tray that carried an assortment of expensive-looking cookies and a fine china tea set.

"Wow, that was fast."

She chuckled shyly and set the tray down. "If you're hungry there's leftover casserole in the fridge. I could heat it up for you."

Sam shook his head, "Don't worry about it."

Ivy hummed and drew the curtains, watching the rain pour relentlessly. "I don't think it's safe to drive out there, I can barely see the gate." Sam said, squinting to see anything past the rain. It was a total lie. It always rained like that in Forks, this was no problem. He felt bad about it, but he really couldn't will himself away from her.

The rain had started to crash against the trees and ground, wind screeching every few minutes. Ivy looked out the window to see the mailbox rattling. It only began to pour harder after they got to her house. Sam thanked whatever God there was to thank for giving him an opportunity to stay longer.

"You're more than welcome stay here. It's warmer inside anyways."

The sound of a wheelchair rolling along the creaky wooden floors ended their conversation prematurely.

"Ivy, have you got more ink? I've run out — but I don't want you to go out in the rain to buy some more, you hear?" Her grandfather said, not noticing the large, Quileute man sitting on the living room couch in his house. That is, until Sam cleared his throat.

"Oh. Sam, my boy. Nice to see you! What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was...interviewing him for your Quileute piece. He was kind enough to let me visit. I let him dry off here." Ivy awkwardly explained, her hands motioning between Sam and the rain.

She stuttered for another answer but the old man waved her off. "Sure, sure. Do whatever you like, but you mean to tell me you've been helping me with my research for free?" He asked, astonished. Ivy tilted her head, and raised a brow.

"....Yes?"

Her grandfather bursted out laughing, though he was wheezing most of the time and his laughs were interrupted by coughs.

"My dear, you are more of a fool than I thought you were."

Ivy feigned a small smile, unsure of his comment.

"Why on earth would do something you're good at for free?"

She looked back up at him, "Well, I'm just helping you out. I wouldn't want to get paid for this..."

"I'm giving you a job as my personal assistant. Which means you'll be helping me with my research for now, but if you'd like – after graduation, I'll give you more things to do." He offered. Ivy would've been an idiot to say no, so she didn't. After a while of polite small talk and whatnot, Grandpa Lee retreated to his study, where he was always at, after receiving three bottles of ink from Ivy.

"Well, we have more time." Ivy glanced out the window. "You mind if I take more notes?" Her voice was flat. He gestured for her to go ahead.

"But it wouldn't be fair for me." He teased, "How about we take turns asking questions?"

Ivy furrowed her brows at him, she was silent for a while. "Sure."

He wasn't certain if it was a good kind of 'sure.' Like the one where if your friend asked you out to ice cream, it would be your nonchalant reply. Or was it the kind of 'sure' you mumble out when you can tell somebody's lying?

Ivy seated herself a few inches away from him on the same couch. To Sam, she was a few inches too far.

"Tell me about yourself." He said, his full attention was on her. It wasn't really a question. She was surprised he said that, she was surprised he cared.

Ivy didn't really have a hell of a lot to say, she never did. She only spoke when necessary. Not once had he heard her speak about herself. What she liked, disliked, loved, hated.

"I grew up in Atlanta. My mom died giving birth to me and my dad...I have no idea where he is. My brother died in a car accident when I was twelve years old and I only have my grandpa."

Now he understood why she didn't talk about herself.

Ivy was emotionless after saying that. She didn't seem bothered by the loss of her family. She seemed almost indifferent.

"I'm sorry to hear." She waved him off, "Don't be. It's been a while. I hardly remember anything."

An hour of talking passed, Sam had learned almost little to nothing. She had a way of dodging the answers so eloquently that Sam didn't even notice she had not answered his question until he thought about what he said. It was frustrating and he wanted to scream, but it seemed he had to find another way to get to know her.

The Mr. Lee had walked in on them a few times, commenting on the rain still pouring in an effort to get Sam to stay longer. He was a wingman.

The reason why Arthur Lee wanted his granddaughter to talk to Sam was because he could recognise how lonely she was. He hadn't seen her hold a conversation for this long. She seemed invested in Sam, and wanted to know more things about him.

After all, who was going to take care of Ivy after he's gone?

༻✧༺

The rain had cleared but it was still cloudy as ever in Forks, WA. Sam headed back after noticing the time. It was late in the afternoon, he hadn't realised that's how long he'd spent at the Lee's.

Driving back home, he saw Jared, Paul and Embry waiting for him, sitting on the porch.

"Jacob?" Paul shook his head.

"At home. Let's go get him."

The truth was, Jacob had shifted way earlier than he had let on. He still had to lie to Ivy that he was 'sick' and he did not feel good lying to her.

Jacob wasn't very welcoming to the idea that he was a werewolf, but he knew it was a part of him and that it was inevitable, which is why he joined the small but growing Uley pack.

The pack decided to go to Jacob's so they could wait by the treeline at his house. Until an unfamiliar truck pulled up into the Black's driveway. It was Bella Swan. The vampire girl.

She banged on the door loudly, to be greeted by the solemn face of Billy Black.

They didn't care to watch her anymore, they just walked further into the green fields behind the Black's home.

They could see her in Jacob's room, her eyes focused on them. All of a sudden, she bursted out the back door, an angry scowl on her pale little face.

"What did you do?" She questioned – no, she demanded.

Sam refused to answer, so she grew more furious, shoving him hard. He stumbled back a little but it didn't hurt. Despite the protests of the other boys, he remained silent.

"Hey, what did you do?!"

"Watch yourself." Jared warned. "Easy." Sam growled back, trying not to further escalate the situation.

"He didn't want this!"

Paul glared at the girl, nostrils flaring. Sam was a good foot taller than Bella and towered over her, but she wasn't afraid. At least not yet.

"What did we do?" Paul asked, a patronising tone laced his voice. "What did he tell you?"

"Both of you calm down." Sam ordered, grabbing Paul's arm and pulling him away from Bella, who still didn't back down.

"Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scared of you!" She accused, growing visibly irritated as well. Jared and Paul laughed at her reply, making her even angrier. They weren't taking her seriously.

Bella shook her head in defeat, until she slapped Paul. It wasn't even a hard slap that hurt, but the fact that she hit him set him off.

Sam immediately knew what was going to happen. He rushed to calm his third-in-command down.

"Too late now." Jared said, a smirk still on his face.

"Bella, get back!" Sam warned. Bella was confused, and a little scared. Why was Paul acting so strange? His nostrils flared and his wild eyes were fixed on her. His chest rose up and down heavily. Was he growling?

She managed to take a few steps back.

"Paul. Calm down now." Sam ordered, but it was no use.

Paul had began to shift and contorted his body. In seconds he turned into a giant, snapping wolf. Right in front of Bella Swan's eyes.

Bella took off running, as Sam held out a hand for the other pack members to stand their ground.

Jacob had sprinted out of the house, running towards the commotion, yelling her name. Sam wasn't sure what she said, but he didn't listen as Jacob turned into a brown wolf. He leapt over Bella and yanked Paul down with his fangs. Sam knew better than to get in between two wolves fighting, so he ordered Jared and Embry to take Bella to the Clearwater's.

Sam turned to look at the two wolves disappearing into the woods to fight it out. He'd stay behind. He had something else to take care of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 107 21
Rowan Black fell in love with Sam Uley and fought the unknown. Now she has to find her way back to her family.
51.8K 802 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...
17.8K 532 17
โ๐˜๐—ผ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐—ผ๐ฐ, ๐ˆ'๐—บ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐—บ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐—บ๐ฒ ๐๐—ผ๐ ๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ง๐—ผ๐ฐ.โž โ๐ˆ ๐œ๐š๐ง๐ง๐—ผ๐ญ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐—ผ๐ฎ ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ๏ฟฝ...
2.2K 130 7
forgive, but never forget embry call x fem!oc book i. of the clair du lune series post breaking dawn au ยฉ ๐–†๐–‰๐–”๐–—๐–Š๐–‰๐–Ž๐–”๐–— 2024