Leave My Past Alone || Maze R...

By Readerobsessions

Stiles Stillinski is gone. Thomas, Teresa, and Minho are given another chance at life. They are brought to B... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
A/N
Not an update

Chapter 5

2.9K 62 9
By Readerobsessions

Thomas's POV

We woke up today and got ready for school. I wore a black long-sleeved shirt and jeans. Minho wore a blue long-sleeved shirt and dark jeans. Sonya wore black leggings and a beige sweatshirt. Brenda wore black jeans and a tank top with a white jacket. 

We had to leave a little early because Brenda needed to enroll in school. My dad said that he had to come with us because he had to sign forms, so we decided to drive to school.

I sat in the front seat next to my dad. Minho sat next to Teresa, Sonya, and Brenda. They were a little squished, but it worked. 

I had my hand trace the tattoo on my neck, most of it was covered by my hair. It wasn't very noticeable and none of the pack realized it. 

We made sure to wear long clothes so that our scars couldn't show. Teresa wanted Brenda to stay home so that she could recover, but Brenda didn't want to leave Teresa's side. Teresa complied and just said that she had to be careful and skip PE if she was in pain.

"So, Brenda, you're the same age as everybody else right?" my dad asked. Brenda frowned. 

"Age is a little hard, but because T and Thomas remember their age, I'm just going to say that I'm the same age," she replies. My dad nods. 

I close my eyes, touching a knife in my pocket. 

Would we get separated again?

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

No, we stick together no matter what. 

"Well, Sonya's actually a year younger right?" Minho questions. I nod. 

"Yeah, but let's just act like she's in our grade so that we can stay together," I reply. Minho nods. 

We arrived at school and my dad led us to the principal's office. Teresa walked by Brenda's side. Minho and Sonya walked with me behind my dad. 

"Hopefully nothing happens today," Minho grumbles. I nod.

"Good that," I agree quietly. We enter the office and my dad does some talking to the assistant. 

After 20 minutes of signing and talking, Brenda's enrolled. My dad requested that she's be with one of us in every class just in case. 

We thank my dad and he heads out, going to work. 

Teresa slings her arm around Brenda's shoulder. 

"Well, we're early again, we should wait outside" I state. Everyone nods and we sit on the ground outside. 

We talk and reminds ourselves about the trials. Sonya was pressed to me, laughing at a joke Brenda made about Scott. 

I let myself relax, wrapping my arm around Sonya and feeling momentarily happy. I leaned my head against the wall. 

I was okay right now. I was with my family. 

Obviously, happiness lasts for about a minute before going away. 

Scott and his pack were here to ruin the fun. 

"Hey guys," Scott greets, coming towards us. Everyone's faces become blank and we stare at the pack. The fun and happiness in the air turned into bitterness and caution. 

"Scott," I greet cooly. Lydia looks at Brenda. 

"You're at school today?" she says. Brenda nods. 

"I didn't want to leave Teresa's side," she replies like that answered everything. Lydia nods slowly. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Malia asks. The concern is there with her voice, but she doesn't show it well. 

"Fine," Brenda replies, crossing her arms. We stand, feeling defensive. Teresa stands next to Brenda, frowning. 

"Did you get enrolled already?" Isaac asks. Brenda nods. I feel Sonya stiffen. She does that nearly every time Isaac speaks. His voice sounds a little like Newts.

"We're early for school by 15 minutes," Minho states. Scott nods. 

"You okay?" Sonya says under her breath, nudging me. I nod, wrapping my arm tighter around her.

"Just thinking," I reply quietly. Sonya nods slightly, squeezing my hand. 

"So, Brenda" Lydia starts. "do you have your memories?" she asks. Brenda's face sours as she shakes her head. 

"Are you 17 too?" Malia asks. Brenda nods. 

"Do you know if anyone else is alive?" Sonya asks Brenda gently. Brenda shrugs. I rub her arm, feeling her discomfort.  Brenda looks at me, glum. I give her a small, thin smile. Brenda looks at me for a second longer before turning to Teresa. 

Teresa subconsciously wraps her arm around her waist, as if on muscle memory. Brenda silently does the same. It's like they are one person, molding into each other without thinking about it. 

I used to have that with Newt. We were unstoppable. We were connected. 

I shivered, massaging my temples. Sonya looks at me with concern. I wave it off. 

Minho frowns in my direction but says nothing. 

Scott is talking with Malia and Isaac about something While Lydia tries to make conversation with Teresa and Brenda. Brenda is silent, watching Teresa with a fond look. Teresa answers and talks to Lydia, mostly just listening and nodding. 

I'm surrounded by Minho and Sonya, both looking at me. 

"You're not okay Thomas," Sonya says gently. I sigh. "What's bothering you?" she asks. I shrug.

"I keep thinking of Newt, he's always on my mind" I admit. Sonya smiles gently. 

"I know Thomas, trust me" she replies. "You rethink his death and the small memories you have with him and then remember that it's not real anymore," she states. I nod. 

"That's normal Shank, I think of them all, every day" Minho promises. I nod to him. 

"It's like I'm in space, zero gravity." I sigh, my brow creases. "I'm about to float away from everything, but Newt and you always pull me down," I add. Minho steps closer to me, talking in a low voice. 

"You're not a monster Thomas, I get it," he states. "I feel like I'm on a tightrope, slowly losing my balance and falling into a pit of nothingness," he admits. "I'm still falling, even now" he adds. "But, you and Newt always manage to catch my hands before I go over the edge," he whispers. "Newt's gone, but you're still holding my hand, you're what keeps me sane" he pressed. I nod. 

"We help each other, we're family" I promise. "I'll never let your hand go if you promise to pull me down every time I drift," I hold out my hand. Minho nods, shaking my hand in his firm. 

"Deal," he replies. I nod and pull my hand away. Minho nods at me ad glances at the clock. 

"5 minutes till school's open," he states. We nod and get ready. There are other students now, talking and laughing. Some are finishing homework and others are doing god knows what. 

A couple minutes pass, and the bell rings. I sigh and check my schedule. 

"Biology," I mutter. Teresa and Brenda grin.

"C'mon Tom, we have Bio together" Teresa laughs. I groan and we head to the Biology classroom. Minho and Sonya have history with Scott. Lydia is following us to Bio. 

We enter the classroom and sit a the back of the class. I'm sitting with Lydia and the two other girls are sitting at the next table. 

I'm silent waiting for the teacher to begin talking. Lydia is putting her pencils and stuff onto the table, preparing for class. 

Teresa is looking at the chemicals and things on the table with interest. Brenda looks bored. 

I catch Brenda's gaze and she mimes dying. I wink at her and copy her motions. 

'Kill me now' she mouths, rolling her eyes. I snicker and turn my attention to the teacher again. 

The teacher talks about the properties in the chemicles that we're working with and then tells us to begin. I look at Lydia. 

"What did she say?" I asked, having not payed attention. Lydia huffs. 

"We're supposed to combine the green and yellow chemicles together," she states. I nod. She does just that and watches thebeaker carefully. I spare a glance at Teresa and Brenda. Brenda was watching Teresa with a smile. Teresa was focused and had already gotten her chemical reaction. I looked at our beaker. 

"How do you get a reaction like that?" I ask, pointing to Teresa's beaker. I did know how to do it, but I was trying to see what Lydia thought. Lydia hums and looks up. 

"Oh, we have to add the other components," she states. I nod and watch her pinch the correct powder and sprinkle it over the liquid in the beaker. She adds another liquid and then the chemils start to bubble slightly. Then, just like Teresa's, there's a chemical reaction. 

"There," Lydia says happily. I nod and look at Teresa's. They looks pretty similar. The teacher checks on ours and compliments it. She also does the same to Brenda and Teresa's. Teresa mutters something and Brenda scoffs. Brenda leans over and whispers something to me. 

"Teresa is complaining that this is child play," she states. I roll my eyes. She smiles and say something to Teresa. Teresa shakes her and smiles at us. I frown, but let it go. I turn back to Lydia and see that she's doing something. 

'What are you doing?" I ask warily. Lydia was drawing on her notebook. She doesn't answer, just finishes her drawing. 

I frees when I see the drawing. I go stiff and clench my hands. 

"Lydia, how did you draw that?" I ask. She looks up. 

"I don't know, it just came into my head" she replies. I stare at the drawing. 

"Chuck," I mumble. I tap on Brenda's arm. 

Brenda looks at me and then frowns. 

"Tell Teresa to look at Lydia's drawing" I hiss. She turns to Teresa and says something to her. Teresa frownsand looks at the notebook Lydia is holding up. Teresa scans the drawing at bites her lip. Confusion and sadness is etched on her face. 

'How?' she mouths. I shrug. 

I turn to Lyida. 

"Lydia, can I keep the drawing?" I ask. Lydia frowns, but nods. 

"Sure," she replies, ripping it out of her notebook. I gingerly take the paper and fold it and slip it into the pocket without a knife. 

"Let my know if you draw anything okay?" I demand. She nods, turning back to her notebook. The teacher tells us to pack and go to our next class in a few minutes. I quickly left the classroom, heading to Math. I blink tears out of my eyes and make sure my face is composed before entering the classroom. I spot Minho sitting at an empty table and quickly sit next to him. 

"Thomas, what's wrong?" Minho asks as he notices my expression. I take out the paper and show him. MInho stares at the drawing, eyes dark. "What the shuck is this?" he snaps. 

"Lydia drew it," I whisper. Minho raises a brow. 

"She drew this?" he asks. I nod. Minho was about to say something else when the teacher started talking. He spoke about a worksheet we needed to complete. Minho and I basically talk while doing the work. We have the worksheets finished in about ten minutes and continue our discussion. 

"What does it mean though?" I ask. "He's dead, we already know that," I state. Minho nods. 

"Maybe we should wait until she draws more?" he suggests. I nod. 

"I guess," I reply. Minho nods. 

" Banshee's predict death though right?" Minho asks. I nod. "So she predicted a death that already happened?" he question, froing. I think about it. 

"Banshees know when people are about to die and the I'm pretty sure if they concentrate hard enough, they can tell whose died near a person, that's why she said the names of people who died the first day we met her" I explain. Minho nods in understatement

"So is she just going to start drawing people who have died around us MInho asks flatly. I shrug.

Malia is sitting at a table next to Scott. She leans over and taps my desk. 

"How did you do the problems already?" she whispers. I shrug. She glares at me before turning to her papers. "They are impossible," she hissed. I crack a smile and turn back to Minho. 

"Just be carfeul aroud her okay?" I warn. MInho smirks. 

"Course, I'm always careful about everything Shank," he replies. I just pat his shoulder. 

The rest of class went by and we headed our separate ways to different classes. I had a few more classes and then, it was the end of school. 

I met up with the others outside by the crosswalk. 

"Thomas," Sonya beckons me over, spotting me. I smile and run over to them. Minho is leaning against a street light, waiting. Teresa is laughing about something with Brenda. I reach them and Sonya hugs me. I hug her back, smiling. 

"Right, well we've got a little situation," Minho states. I nod. Teresa sighs.

"Has Lydia drawn anything else?" she asks. I shake my head. Minho does the same. 

"What are you three talking about?" Sonya asks, froning. 

"Oh, Lydia drew Chuck in Biology class," I explained. Sonya raises a brow. Brenda looks confused as well. 

"Chuck was a kid who died at Wicked's headquarters," Teresa explains. Sonya nods and Brenda nods as well. 

"Lydia's drawing dead people, isn't that what she does?" Brenda asks. "Senses death?" she adds. I shrug.

"Supposedly," I state. "Chuck's already dead, so I don't know why she'd be drawing him" I ponder. Teresa was about to say something when a voice spoke. 

"You guys wanna come to the clinic with us?" Scott asks. I quickly put my gun away. Minho frowns. 

"Why, are you guys sick?" Minho asks, a bitter edge present. Scott looks offended but shakes his head. 

"We have a friend who we were about to go meet," he explains. I nod. 

"Dr. Deaton might be able to help us with our questions," I state. My friends agree and we follow Scott to the animal clinic. 

We arrived at Scott gestures for us to go inside. Minho eyes the building wearily before following me inside. 

"Hey guys," Malia greets. I snap my eyes to her. Sonya is looking around, confused. Lydia is talking with Isaac. 

"Why are we here again?" Brenda asks. 

"Dr. Deaton is a druid and a vet who might be able to answer our questions" Teresa explains. Brenda nods. 

"Where is he?" she asks. 

"Hello," Deaton greets, appearing from a doorway. Sonya pulls out her gun. 

"Dr. Deaton," I greet, crossing my arms. Sonya puts her gun back, realizing who it was. Deaton looks at my and then Teresa. 

"Alisson," he greets fondly. Teresa scowls. 

"It's Teresa," she states. Deaton nods. 

"My apologise Teresa," he replies. "Hello Stiles," he greets. 

"Thomas," I correct. 

"Right, Thomas" Deaton states. "Who might you three be?" he asks, looking at Minho, Sonya and Brenda.

"I'm Sonya, this is Minho and that's Brenda" Sonya states. Deaton nods. 

"I'm Dr. Alan Deaton," he greets. He smiles at my friends. nobody smiles back. In fact, Minho is staring at him unimpressed. Sonya is looking around, ignoring him. The Brenda is eyeing the druid, eye brow raised. 

"Can you help us?" Minho asks. Deaton shrugs. 

"Depends," he states. 

"God, I've had enough adults for a lifetime," he grumbles. 

"Why did Lydia draw a dead friend of ours?" Teresa demands. Deaton is silent. Sonya starts to get annoyed, drawing out her gun. 

"Can you please answer us?" she asks sharply. Deaton looks at the gun, but says nothing. 

"I'm afraid I'll have to get back to you about the question," Deaton says after a while. "I'm not sure if my answer is correct or not," he explains. 

Minho doesn't look happy with that answer.

"This is why we stick to advice from children," Minho says exasperated. Brenda laughs. 

"Don't forget about Jorge," she jokes. Minho scoffs. 

"That man was like a big child, he didn't count" Minho states. Brenda nods in agreement. 

"Anyway, if you aren't going to help, we'll figure it out ourselves' Teresa states. I nod. 

"How are you going to find an answer to something that Deaton can't?" Scott aks. I shrug. 

"We've got books and the internet, we'll figure it out" I state. Scott looks doubtful. 

"Are you sure you can't give us any answers?" he asks his boss. Deaton frowns. 

"I suppose there is one answer," he states. "The fact that Lydia drew a picture of somebody who you thin died means that they didn't actually die until now" Deaton guesses. I shake my head. Minho and Teresa do as well. 

"That's a terrible theory," MInho states. "Chuck died, I'm positive" he states. I nod in agreement. 

"Yeah, we watched his breathing stop and a bullet went through his chest," I state. Deaton was about to say something when Brenda suddenly piped up.

"Guys, outside!" she exclaimed. My friends and I ran outside with our guns out. I yelled at the pack to stay back inside. 

"Cranks," Minho growls. We quickly shoot them. They were harder to kill than regular humans and we had to shoot each of them about three times to kill them. Minho looked at them with disgust. He went up and looked at the body. 

"None of them are people we know, I think they are from the tunnels or something," he states. I nod. I go inside and open a cupboard where a lighter was kept to burn out wolfsbane. I grabbed it and I burned the bodies. 

Sonya waved the fumes away and crinkled her nose. 

"Well, it's nothing new," she states. We make sure the bodies are gone before going back inside. 

"What was that?" Scott asked. 

"Why did you kill four people?" Lydia asks, staring at us. 

"Those were Cranks," I state. "They aren't human," I promise, glaring at the floor. 

"Why would you kill them?" Scott demands. "There must've been another thing you could've done" he protests. 

"They don't deserve to live" Minho growls angrily, taking a step forward. 

I squeeze Minho's shoulder. He calmed himself down. 

"Cranks are something you wouldn't understand, just leave it Scott" I snap.

"Now, if you don't mind, we're going home to do our homework, if you have any additional information, please let us know Dr. Deaton" I state. Deaton nods. With that, my friends and I leave towards my dad's house. 

The Cranks were what got Newts killed, all of them can rot in the depths of hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 965 7
Nine years ago he disappeared. He had to survive. They all had to, the world was scorched so they had to. But what if they come across -what they thi...
28K 1.3K 34
Subject A11, Otherwise known as a huge pain in the ass for W.I.C.K.E.D The Subject's name is (Y/n), She was sent into the Maze purely by accident but...
17.2K 438 19
elena wakes up and ber life changed before her eyes
2.8K 94 8
Who would've known that you would become Satoru Gojo's entire world only to walk out of his life without explanation? That day forever haunts him and...