Sweet Nothings (Modern!LevixR...

By x_Art_hoe_x

Disclaimer* I will no longer be updating this story or it's contents* I'm in love with places I'll never see... More

Prolouge-It All Started Over Tea
Chapter 1-Bookstores and Birds
Not an Update *Sorry*
I'm super sorry, but this is not an update
Chapter 3-Forgetting something?
Woah I'm past 500 reads?(Updated so read please)
I need so much help
This is the end

Chapter 2-The Mad Scientist with a Problem

4.1K 170 59
By x_Art_hoe_x

Levi's pov~ (before Levi called the reader)

"UGH! Bro why do I have to go get a dumb book?" Isabel shouted this at me through the phone; whining at me since I'm making her go get a book.

"You need to read more idiot. Besides reading is good for you." I put my phone on speaker and place it on the kitchen table as I say this.

"Hey! I'm not an idiot! Besides why can't you just get the book for me?" Again she whines through the phone as I sit in a chair that I pulled out from the table. I pull my black laptop closer to me and scoot closer to the table.

"You need to go get it, that's why I can't get it. Stop complaining and just go get the book." I respond harshly as I open up my laptop and type in my password. I hear Isabel grunt over the phone just as I click on my email. 'Fifty new messages from shitty glasses..perfect.' I click on the most recent message from Hanji and begin to read the long, lengthy email.

"Fine I'll go get a stupid book..but that means you actually have to be at the party tonight." I suck my teeth at the mention of the party Isabel was having at our place today. Ever sense I agreed to let her be my roommate she wants to throw parties every five minutes.

"Fine, I'll stay this time.." I put my elbows on the table as I delete the pointless messages of Hanji. 'Why doesn't she just text me this shit?' I think this to myself and I keep deleting the countless messages.

"By stay I mean you have to actually talk at the party and have a conversation...now that I think about it all you and Farlan do is go into your rooms and shut me out!" It's true; whenever Isabel throws these 'parties', me and Farlan either ditch or go to our rooms and shut everyone out. "Besides there might be some quiet girls there!" I let out a sigh and tell her, "Okay" and I hang up the phone. I rub my eyes and continue to look through the emails Hanji sent. I don't bother reading them since most of them are about her experiments n' shit. I start to delete them until I stumble across the one that says 'The girl from the cafe' this instantly peaks my interest and I click on it. I begin to read the long message about the girl that's been giving me black tea, for about a week now.

Dear, shorty

Remember that girl from the cafe? You know the one you were going all 'gaga' for. Well I talked to her yesterday and boy is she a looker! Once I was up close to her I can clearly see why you couldn't take your eyes off her! She also has that look in her eyes, saying that she seeks knowledge! I mean she listen to me ramble on about my experiment and not once did she say stop.

Oh also she thought me and you were a THING! Can you believe that? She's got jokes. but don't worry I set it straight that we were only friends. I learned that she's a single pringle too!

You've got a chance Levi..don't blow it!

Hanji Zoe.

For some reason when I read the part saying that she didn't have a boyfriend, made me feel better some how. I can't believe that she thought that I was with shitty glasses; I guess it's good Hanji straightened that up. 'Wait why do I care if she thought I was in a relationship with Hanji or not?' I think this to myself as I turn off my laptop and stand up. I walk over to the door of the apartment and grab my shoes and put them on. Grabbing my keys, I finish tying my shoes and leave my apartment to go to the cafe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hop off my bike after I park it next to the curb of the sidewalk. Before I enter the cafe, I take a glance through the window to see if the brat is even there. I don't see her but she might be in the back of the cafe so I enter anyways. Once I enter the small cafe, the aroma of tea and coffee fill my lungs. I look around the cafe to see if she is cleaning off a table or sweeping the dirty ass floors; but she is no where to be seen. I look at the counter to see the young brunette girl wiping it down. 'Tch she should know where that girl is.' As I think this I begin to walk up to the counter

"Oi, brat!" the young brunette instantly looked up at me as I called out to her. She strokes the brown locks from her face and gives me that cheap smile their boss probably tells them to do.

"Yes sir, how may I help you? Were you looking to-"

"Hey, let's get to the point...where is the girl." I place both hands on the counter and lean close to the brunette. I can see that I startled her by the way her eyes widened and the big gulp she took.

"We-ell you see sir..um their are plenty of woman who work her-"

""I mean the one with the (h/l) (h/c) hair..." The girl looked at me with a confused face; probably thinking I'm some crazy guy.

"Sir please..I really don't know anyone here...I just started working here." the girl nervously smiles and I lean back away from her. I let out a sigh as I hear my phone begin to ring. I reach in my pocket and pull out my phone to see Farlan calling. 'Damn what does he want right now?' I think this to myself as I look at my phone. I feel like someone is staring at me so I glance up from my phone and meet eyes with a pair of sky blue ones. I recognize the person that belongs to those eyes; it's the girl's friend. I see her sweeping the floor, with a broom that was obviously to big for her. I begin to approach the short blonde girl.

"Hey you." I call this out and grab her attention. She sets her broom down and steps closer to me.

"Let me guess you're here for (F/n)?" she gives a tiny smile as she fixes her hair into a tiny ponytail.

"Tch, if that's the name of the girl that's been giving my tea then yes." I respond coldly; becoming irritated that I'm still in this shitty cafe. The only reason I come here is to get tea from that brat. At least that's what I'm telling myself. The petite girl lets out a sigh and gives a frown.

"I'm sorry sir, but (F/n) isn't here today. She has off today.." the girl softly stated this as I place my phone in my pocket; ignoring Farlan's call. 'I'll just call him back later.' I think this to myself and I run my fingers through my hair annoyed, that she wasn't coming to work today. "Sir..if you like i'll just get you-"

"No. Thanks for your offer." I quickly say this and cut her off. I pull my phone from out of my pocket and begin to walk outside the cafe. Once I get in front of the store I start to call Farlan. 'Hurry up and pick up you piece of shit..you just called me.' I think this as I keep hearing the rings go on and on. Finally after eight rings, Farlan answered.

"Hello?" right when he answered I heard something like glass breaking and someone yelling.

"Hey, why did you call me." I state this bluntly, "And what's that noise in the background."

"Oh yeah...well um, you see Hanji... 'oh lord'..called me and Erwin to help her with an experiment today."

"So, what does that have to do with me..I told her i'm not interested in helping her with her shitty experiments anymore."

"Well if you don't wanna help her...can you help me and Erwin?" he nervously says this, which makes me pinch the bridge of my nose and sigh.

"Fine, but what exactly am I dealing with that you and Erwin can't handle?"

"Hanji." I let out another sigh and hang up. 'Dammit shitty glasses.' just as I'm about to put my phone in my pocket I feel a tap on my back. I look behind me to see the short blonde girl from the cafe. "What do you want? I already told you I'm not interested in your tea." she remains silent and hands me a number on a small, ripped piece of paper. I take it from her and on the paper it says, (F/n)'s number. Before I could say anything, or ask why she giving this to me, she started to speak.

"Call this number and she should answer your call. Maybe she'll make you some tea and give it to you. And if she doesn't I'm sure she'll be glad to have your number." she rubs her arm and gives a tiny smile. She rushes back into the cafe and I trace my thumb over the number. 'I guess I should call before I head over to Hanji's lab.' I pull out my phone and start to type in the digits.

"H-Hello.." I hear her yawn over the telephone and she sounds pretty pissed.

"Hey shitface where are you?" I say this a little bit rough, annoyed by the fact that I have yet to get my tea. Plus now I have to deal with Hanji and whatever she is doing to Farlan and Erwin.

"Umm,who..who exactly is this.." I can hear the sleepiness in her voice, 'I must have woke her up or something.'

"It's Levi dipshit, now where are you?" when I say this there is silence between us, for a solid minute. Then finally I hear her voice pipe up again, but in a softer tone than before.

"Oh...Hi Levi, so um how do you have my number?"

"I got it from your blonde friend that works here. Are you not working today? If you aren't my day just turned really shitty." I pinch the bridge of my nose and hope that she says, I'm working today, I'm just coming in later. "How the hell am I supposed to get quality tea now, tch damn brat." I let those words slip out, knowing that I had no more black tea at home, and (F/n)'s black tea is the only thing that actually taste pretty damn good in this town. I hear her murmer something over the phone once I say this, but it is too low for me to hear it clearly.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't work Fridays." I curse slightly under my breath; her friend was right when she said she didn't work today. I was hoping she was wrong. "I-if you w-want I could make you a thing of black tea and bring it to you..haha but that would be-"

"Tch, great. I need some damn tea. I'll be at the bookstore in the shiganshina district, meet me there." I bluntly state this and I hang up the phone. 'That girl just made my day a little less shitty.' I think this as I put my phone away, and put my helmet on. 'I hope this shit with Hanji doesn't take that long.' with that I sped off down the street to Hanji's lab.

Time skip-Hanji's lab (5 minutes after Levi arrived.)

"Hanji! What the hell is going-" I duck down quickly once a thing of liquid is flung at me. When I first arrived a couple minutes ago everything seemed fine, but now I see what Erwin and Farlan are so afraid of. They had accidentally messed up an experiment Hanji has been working on for about a week.

"Hanji, it was a mistake! Please we'll help you re-do-" I hear Farlan try to plead with Hanji, but gets interrupted by Hanji throwing a pot at him.

Smash! "Days of research gone! Do you understand how much shit I had to go through to just start this experiment?" Hanji speaks roughly and low as she inches closer to Farlan and Erwin. 'I've never seen glasses this angry. ' that's all I can think as I try to coax her to move away from the two scared blondes.

"Hey, Hanji calm down...just tell me what exactly happened and maybe I can help out." I extend my hand to the mad scientist, Hanji. I place it on her shoulder and glance at Erwin, who had backed himself into a corner with Farlan out of fear. She turns her head and I can see a more eased look on Hanji's face.

"Really shortie? You'll help me re-do this experiment...That's great!" Hanji starts to laugh and she pushes up her glasses to wipe away the tear in her eyes. "For a second there I thought that I would have to start a new experiment using these two. Lets just say, it wouldn't be pleasant." She gives a big grin and walks over to her chemistry set, that was neatly set on a black counter top. I watch as she pulls out items from drawers and sets them on the counter. "Okay so Levi-" Hanji starts to ramble on and I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look to the side and see Erwin and Farlan both looking thankful.

"Levi, I would personally like to thank you. I'm not so sure how long it would take before she pulled a knife on us."

"Yeah thanks man, it means a lot. I'm totally on your debt." Farlan smiles at me and Erwin lets out a sigh of relief.

"Hmph, yeah no problem." I look over back at Hanji and notice that she is putting on her white lab coat. "I probably should go and figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing." I start to walk over to Hanji while Erwin and Farlan exit the lab. When I get to the counter, I look at all the items she's placed out. 'Wow she even labeled them.' I pick up a beaker and notice that she labeled the ingredient that has to go into the beaker, along with other materials.

"Levi, I'm happy you decided to help me with this project. Did you have any plans today?" she begins to write a formula on her white board once she asks this.

"Why do you care?" I scoff at the dirty white board that seemed to not have been washed in a decade.

"Oh no reason I was just curious if I was bothering any plans." I hum quietly in response and I lean on the black counter.

"I actually do have plans today." I cross my arms over my chest and I hear Hanji snicker. "What's so funny glasses?" I give her a nasty glare when I see a big smile plastered on her face.

"Oh it's nothing I'm just thinking. Anyways what are these..plans?" she cleans off her glasses using her white lab coat and she leans on the counter with me.

"Hm it looks like someone had a total attitude change. Did you take a delightful shit when no one was looking." Hanji chuckles at this and pushes up her glasses with her index finger.

"Of course Levi! But that doesn't answer my question about your plans."

"I have to meet Isabel at the bookstore in the shiganshina district."

"That's it?" she looks at me questionably and I let out a sigh. 'I'm going to regret telling her this.'

"I also meeting that girl, (F/n), today at the bookstore also." I quietly say this hoping that Hanji didn't hear me, but I knew she did.

"I knew it! So is it like a date? But why would you bring Isabel to your date?"

"No it's not a damn date. She's just bringing me tea since she's not working at the cafe today." I move from the counter and I push my finger through my hair.

"You know that's how it starts. One day she's bringing you tea the next shes in bed with you." I raise an eyebrow up at her and scoff.

"Oh really, I never thought it out like that." I say this sarcastically and sigh. "Can we just get started? How long is this shit going to take anyways?" I scratch the back of my neck and I grab a pair of safety goggles from one of Hanji's drawers.

"Oh right! It won't take that long so don't worry." I mumble under my breath, "It better not.." and I start to help Hanji in the beginning process of the experiment.

Time skip-(20 minutes later)-

"Dammit Hanji! I thought you said this wouldn't take long!" I furiously say this as I grab my bike helmet from the counter.

"Hey it's not my fault you agreed to help me."

"If I didn't help you, Farlan and Erwin might be in a body bag."

"Oh please don't over exaggerate!" Hanji crosses her arms over her chest. "I would mainly just use them for scientific research." I suck my teeth at her and storm out of her lab. I quickly rush over to my black and red motorbike and hop on. I place my helmet on and I start to race to the bookstore, hoping that I didn't make her wait to long.

----------------------------------------

When I arrive in the shiganshina district's bookstore I notice an old woman walk out with a book, she held a very pleased expression on her face. 'Odd, but whatever.' as I think this, I enter the bookstore through the big glass doors. I look for (F/n) first; being that I doubt Isabel is even going to actually make an appearance at the bookstore today. I walk through the sections, looking for her but I don't see anyone even close to looking like her. I start to consider calling her again to see if she was even coming, but then I see her resting at one of the wooden tables near the back of the store. I begin to make my way over to her, and as I get closer I hear a god awful noise. 'What the hell is that?' I think this to myself as I make my way to the other side of her table. Then again I hear it, but this time I know it's coming from sleeping fucking beauty in front of me. 'Is that her fucking stomach playing a damn instrument!'

A/n- Hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry this chapter is just Levi running around but I wanted to add in his pov soon and why he was late in the first place and I think it worked out greatly.hey but that's just me...comment if you have any question or opinions and vote if you enjoyed and as always thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 5.2K 27
[Under HEAVY Editing] - I felt myself shiver slightly. I finally realized it. I guess it was about time. Somehow I knew deep down this whole time. Le...
117K 4.2K 42
I quickly got lost in the crowd, shoving people to the side so that I could easily slip through. I didn't turn around because... ...if I saw Levi...
12.4K 220 63
(This fanfiction is being rewritten on a separate fic because of bad writing and story.) I'm a girl who just wanted revenge, with a secret past. He's...
64.3K 1.8K 37
Levi has always been someone you couldn't stand. But when things take unexpected turns, shit gets complicated. --- "Listen," He moved closer and put...