Fake Fiancée

De VanessaRose

The oh-so-famous actor and model, Henry Parker, needs to find a fake fiancée to help boost his reputation. A... Mais

Chapter 1: Proposition Engagement
Chapter 2: LA Bound
Chapter 3: Playing With Fire
Chapter 4: Not So Sweet Revenge
Chapter 5: Emotional Wreck
Chapter 6: April
Chapter 7: Petty Proposal
Chapter 8: Interview
Chapter 9: Travel Plans
Chapter 10: Destination Newport
Chapter 11: The Parker Household
Chapter 12: Enjoying The Day
Chapter 14: Dirty Little Secrets
Chapter 15: Talk About A Dreadful Dinner
Chapter 16: Tension & Confessions
Chapter 17: Keith
Chapter 18: Let's Play The Jealousy Game
Chapter 19: Deal With The Devil
Chapter 20: Shopping With The Girls .. and Keith
Chapter 21: Partyin' Partyin' Yeah!
Chapter 22: Some Night This Is
Chapter 23: Rumour Has It
Chapter 24: Discoveries on the Streets
Chapter 25: A Fusion of Emotions
Chapter 26: The Truth
Chapter 27: I Spy
Chapter 28: Showdowns
Chapter 29: Carpe Diem
Chapter 30: Crashing Down
Chapter 31: Decisions and Heartache
Chapter 32: Addicted
Chapter 33: Goodbyes
Chapter 34: One Last Cry
Chapter 35: 2 Weeks Later ...
Chapter 36: The Start Of Something New
Epilogue

Chapter 13: Surprises

97K 2K 29
De VanessaRose

Stretching, I rolled over to wrap my arms around my pillow. I could feel the hot sun creeping into the room and burning my back. Groaning, I held my pillow tighter, not wanting to wake up. I never knew a pillow could be so comfortable or smell so … nice. This had to be hands down the nicest pillow I’ve ever felt.

“Morning pancake,” a deep voice whispered, making me frown. The voice sounded so familiar

Opening my eyes slowly, I looked at my surroundings to find that I was in a strangely familiar room and staring at a horribly familiar face.

“AHH GET OFF ME!”

I scrambled out of bed as quickly as I could. No no no. It couldn’t be!

“Ehem, you were on me,” Henry corrected, raising an eyebrow.

“No I wasn’t!” I exclaimed, my heart pounding in my chest. This couldn't be happening!

“You were. You were cuddling me all night. I tried to pry your hands off me but wow, you’re really heavy.” Henry chuckled.

I was completely speechless. How in the world did I end up in the bed with Henry?! I tried desperately to recall the events of last night and remembered … we were all watching Inception and then … I had blacked out.

Oh dear.

Needing some way to release my horror, anger and frustration at my own stupidity, I grabbed a pillow of the bed and whacked Henry until no end, aiming it at his precious face.

“Yikes Lainie! You – ouch! Geez you’re – like – GODZILLA! OW!

I smiled evilly but my smile faded as Henry managed to wrestle the pillow from my hands. Crap. I jumped off the bed immediately and shrieked as Henry ran after me.

“You’re going to get it, pancake!”

I threw open the door to the corridor and yelped as I nearly ran smack face into a sleepy looking April.

“Hi Apr-HEY!” I turned around and elbowed Henry in the stomach. He had hit me with the pillow!

He cursed loudly. Rolling my eyes, I turned back to April who was in her red kimono. “Morning April! What are you doing here?”

“You guys are such a racket! Why are you screaming at eight in the morning?” She complained, rubbing her right eye. I guessed she wasn’t a morning person.

“Oh … I …”

“Lainie had a nightmare,” Henry lied smoothly. “I tried to get her to calm down but she wouldn’t. Then she started whacking me with a pillow! You women have serious issues.”

Hey!” April and I snapped.

Henry simply laughed.

“Just keep it down. I want to sleep!” With that, April made her way drowsily back to her room.

“You heard her. Stop screaming pancake.”

I turned around, grabbed a hold of his ear and yanked it.

“OW!”

“Listen here peanut,” I hissed menacingly. “You are sleeping on the floor from now on. Are we clear?”

My face must’ve looked like some serial killer for Henry gulped. “Well … uhh what if someone walks in on us?” He whispered nervously. “They’ll think we’re getting a divorce.”

“We’re not even married yet,” I reminded him. I felt like smacking my head.

“Oh right. Well you know what I mean. If someone, and by that I mean my mom, checks up on us during the night and sees me on the floor … what do you think would happen?”

I shrugged, pretending not to know. However, it was pretty obvious that she'd make a fuss and start questioning. Arianne wasn't dumb, and she loved the fact that Henry was now in a "relationship". I had a feeling she would do anything to keep it that way.

“Exactly. We can share the same bed but I’ll stick to one side you stick to the other. The bed’s big enough so that we can both stretch and not hit each other. And I promise, promise, promise … swear on my Grandma Edith’s grave I won’t make a move on you.”

That sounded … alright. Looking at Henry, he seemed desperate. Wow.

“Ok, we’ll share the same bed, but I won’t like it.”

“I’m absolutely offended, Miss Watson,” Henry said, feigning hurt by putting a hand to his heart. “Waking up to your handsome fiancé should be better than heaven!”

I rolled my eyes. He really needed to get over himself.

* * *

“April, come and help me pick out some decorations,” Arianne ordered.

Arianne, Henry, April and I were strolling along strips of shops in Newport. Steve had resorted to staying his room and arranging our plans for Curacao.

“But I’m helping Lainie buying the presents-” April then stopped herself and a look of understanding crossed her face. Arianne was looking pointedly at Henry and I. “Oh I’d love to come!”

I watched, embarrassed as they walked away together. They were obviously trying to give Henry and I alone time.

“Well this is great,” I mumbled.

“Yeah, I’m stuck with you,” Henry retorted.

I sighed. “Well, since you’re here, make yourself useful. What does your dad want for his birthday? And what should I get for your parents wedding anniversary?”

“Nothing will ever be good enough for him,” he muttered.

I flinched. I didn’t want to anger him further so I started walking ahead and looking through shop windows to see if there was anything I could buy. As I frowned, thinking of ideas, Henry came up next to me.

“Maybe you could buy some china … for their wedding anniversary. Mom loves china,” he said, nodding over to a home ware store up ahead.

“Yes! You’re the best!” I exclaimed, grinning. I grabbed his arm and rushed over to the home ware store.

“Did you just say I was the best?” Henry asked, a bit smug.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the store, trying to find some elegant china sets. Henry followed me looking bored.

“How about this one?” I asked, pointing to a green and white one. Henry pursed his lips and looked around. I watched as he started walking thoughtfully through the small store. He stopped by a shelf and nodded.

“This one.” Henry said, loud enough so I could hear. I rushed over to him and stared. It was perfect. According to the sign, it was a Vintage English China Set.

“It’s perfect,” I breathed happily.

“May I help you?”

I spun around at the voice of the plump sales lady and smiled. “Yes. I would like to buy this set.”

“Ahh, beautiful choice you’ve made there,” she said. She told us to wait by the counter while she went into the storeroom to grab a new set. When she finally came out and put it into a nice bag, Henry flashed a grin and handed over some notes.

“You can keep the change,” he said.

My eyes widened. “No I’ll pay!” I insisted, taking my money from the pocket of my denim shorts. Henry folded his hand around mine and tucked my notes back into my pocket. I felt a blush rising up from my neck.

“I’m paying,” he said quietly, his face inches from mine.

I gulped. "Alright.”

He chuckled and led me out onto the streets again. For Mr Parker’s birthday present, we found a watch in a jewellery store and Henry ended up paying for it again. That was only because he was a movie star so the lady behind the counter took his money. I couldn’t believe him. When did he become such a gentleman? Even though I knew he hated me, I had the feeling he was only buying the watch because I would feel guilty if I didn’t get his dad anything, not because he himself wanted to buy it. I really wanted to know what was up with his dad. After Henry led us to the car and stowed the presents in the trunk, he turned to me.

“Can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Sure, pancake.”

Ugh, what a jerk. “Why … do you hate your dad so much?” I asked. "I mean .. you don't have to answer, it's just I-uh ..."

His eyes turned to me and they were intense, making my legs feel like Jell-O. What was he thinking? His eyes seemed to be searching for mine, looking for something. Once he found it, he smiled, took my hand and pulled me along with him.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

74K 3.4K 32
Audrey Nelson had everything. The perfect fiance, job, and status. Chase Parker has everything, his own company, the looks, but no love interests. ...
152 1 29
Annalise Hart is a first-year college student and just an ordinary and simple girl. One day, she was approached by a guy named Prince Ace Knight and...
490K 17.1K 39
Madison hires a co-worker to be her fake fiance for her family vacation. What she didn't expect was to fall for him. The Bridal Series Book #1 WARNIN...
153K 6K 22
Annalise Jones was a typical girl... well except for the fact that she was dirt poor and living alone in her crappie one room apartment on the second...