A Hogwarts Journey - The Phil...

By CaitlynHeddle

Chloe Carter had just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and she was just 11 years... More

Introduction & Characters
Chapter 2 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 3 - The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 4 - Great Hall, the Sorting Hat & the Common Rooms
Chapter 5 - A Day at Hogwarts
Chapter 6 - The Third Floor Corridor & Charms Class
Chapter 7 - The Troll & Quidditch Game
Chapter 8 - Hanging out with Draco & Fight with Harry
Chapter 9 - Making up with Harry & Home for the Christmas Break
Chapter 10 - Christmas Day at the Carters
Chapter 11 - Visiting Hermione & Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 12 - Hagrid's Hut and Getting caught by Professor McGonagall
Chapter 13 - Detention with Hagrid & Fight with Draco
Chapter 14 - Talk with Hagrid & The Gryffindor Common Room
Chapter 15 - Journey to the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 16 - Harry's defeat of Quirrell/Voldemort
Chapter 17 - Reuniting with Harry & The House Cup Feast
Chapter 18 - Going Back Home
Author's Note

Chapter 1 - Getting her Hogwarts Letter

75 3 2
By CaitlynHeddle

The first two chapters will be about Chloe getting prepared to attend her first year at Hogwarts. 

In chapters three and four is where we will see Hermione, Harry and Ron introduced into the story! 😊

I hope you will enjoy this chapter! 💕

Chloe was currently laying in her bed in her bedroom trying to wake herself up for the day and heard a knock on her bedroom door. 

"Come in." Chloe spoke in her tired voice, because she was still half asleep in her bed and it was only about half past eight in the morning. 

Chloe looked over to see her bedroom door opening and saw her two sisters, Hannah and Madison running into her bedroom. Hannah and Madison then ran over to Chloe's bed and jumped on Chloe. 

Chloe grunted out quietly when she felt Hannah and Madison joining her on her bed and sat up in her bed smiling at her two sisters. 

"Good morning, girls. How are you both?" Chloe asked both Hannah and Madison who nodded their heads back at her. 

"We're both fine. Mum told us to go and get you because breakfast is being served downstairs soon." Madison said and smiled at her older sister sitting across from her. 

"Get up, sis. We will meet you back downstairs or there won't be any breakfast left by the time you do come down." Hannah spoke and smiled at Chloe. 

Chloe lifted both Hannah and Madison off her bed to put them back on the ground and then sat herself up on her bed.

"I will come downstairs in about five minutes. I just need to get up, get dressed and do my makeup and hair before I come down and join you for breakfast." Chloe said and saw Hannah and Madison nod their heads back at her. 

Hannah and Madison ran out of Chloe's bedroom and rushed downstairs to get breakfast that was in the middle of being served in the dining room. 

Chloe eventually got out of her bed and stretched her arms and legs as she then walked over to her wardrobe to pick out her outfit for the day. Chloe picked out her favourite pair of jeans which were her high waisted blue jeans and had matched the jeans with an oversized black top. 

After Chloe got changed into her outfit for the day, she then went to do her hair in front of her makeup mirror and decided that she would just brush her blonde hair and put it up in a messy ponytail. 

Chloe walked out of her bedroom after getting ready for the day and headed downstairs into the dining room where she smelled the delicious pancakes coming from the kitchen. 

Chloe then strolled into the dining room to hear several voices of her family talking to each other as she went to sit down next to her mother and Madison at the table. 

Sarah leaned over in her chair at the dining room table to kiss the top of Chloe's head and smiled at her oldest daughter. 

"Are you okay?" Sarah asked Chloe who had nodded her head back at her mother. 

"Yeah I am. Just hungry, that's all." Chloe responded to her mother's question and looked towards the kitchen to see her father using his wand to lay the pancakes down onto the dining room table. 

Chloe's father used his wand once again to lay down a variety of pancake fillings onto the dining room table which included: fruit, whipped cream, strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce and much more. 

After Joshua finished serving up the pancakes, he went to sit down next to Sarah and Hannah at the dining room table as he looked at his entire family. 

Joshua smiled at his wife and his three daughters, "Breakfast is served, please help yourselves." 

Joshua saw Hannah and Madison immediately helping themselves to pancakes and chuckled to himself. Chloe then took a few pancakes of her own and started to put the different fillings on top of her pancakes. 

"Have you gotten any mail yet? Preferably from Hogwarts?" Chloe asked her father while finishing her last pancake and saw her father looking at her. 

"No, darling. I promise that you will get your letter from Hogwarts and I know you will get a place at Hogwarts because that is how I met your mum in the first place." Joshua replied to Chloe's question and saw Chloe nodding her head at him as they continued to eat their pancakes in peace. 

Chloe was sitting on one of the couches in the living room about an hour later and was watching some television. While she was watching a programme, Chloe heard the postman putting some mail through their letterbox at their front door. 

Chloe stood up from her spot on the sofa, "I'll get the mail!" she shouted towards her mother who was in the kitchen before starting to walk to the front door to collect their mail for the day. 

"Thank you!" Sarah shouted back at Chloe as she continued to finish cleaning the breakfast dishes in the kitchen using her wand. 

Chloe walked through the hall to get to her front door of her house and looked down on the ground to see a pile of mail laying there. 

Chloe picked up the pile of mail from the ground and began to skim through them because most of the mail was addressed to her parents. Chloe then saw a letter that was addressed to her and stared at the letter in front of her because she knew what it was. 

The envelope was a yellowish colour and was addressed in bright emerald green writing to:

Ms C. Carter

Second Bedroom on the left

181 Chenye Walk

London

Chloe turned over to see the back of her envelope to see that there was a black logo of Hogwarts with a dark red H sticker. Chloe smiled to herself because she immediately knew that it was Hogwarts that had sent her the letter. 

Chloe ran back into the dining room to put down the rest of the mail onto the dining room table apart from her Hogwarts letter which is currently in her hand. 

"Mum! Dad! Look at what I finally got!" Chloe spoke to her parents who had both turned around to see Chloe holding a Hogwarts letter in her hand. 

Sarah and Joshua looked at each other in happiness before turning their heads back at Chloe who was smiling from ear to ear.

"Is that what I think it is?" Joshua asked Chloe who nodded her head eagerly at them.  

"Yes it is, should I read it out to you guys?" Chloe spoke to her parents who looked at each other again. 

"Yes of course, but I want to get your sisters to come and hear your letter as well." Sarah uttered out and walked out of the dining room to go and get her other two daughters who were in Madison's bedroom. 

Sarah shortly came back downstairs into the dining room with Hannah and Madison by her side. Chloe saw all of her family watching her eagerly waiting for her to read her Hogwarts letter out loud. 

"We are ready now. Come on, let's hear it!" Sarah shouted out excitedly because she knew that her oldest daughter would be accepted to Hogwarts.

Chloe began to open up her envelope that she had gotten from Hogwarts. Chloe then cleared her throat and started to read the letter out loud to her family who was waiting patiently to hear what the letter said. 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT & WIZARDY

Headmaster : Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc, Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms Carter, 

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Terms begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July. 

Yours sincerely,  

Minerva McGonagall 

Deputy Headmistress

Chloe finished reading her letter from Hogwarts and folded it up to put it back into the envelope. Hannah and Madison ran up to Chloe and hugged her really tight because they were excited that their big sister was going to Hogwarts very soon. 

After Chloe had her hug with her two sisters, she looked towards her parents who were looking really proud of her. 

"Did you guys have Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall when you both attended Hogwarts?" Chloe asked her parents as she then leaned down to lift Madison onto her hips. 

"Yeah we did." Sarah began to say, "Professor Dumbledore is the headteacher of Hogwarts and has been for the longest time, but he's a pretty great headteacher. Professor McGonagall is one of the best teachers you can get at Hogwarts and she teaches Transfiguration and is also the deputy headmistress at Hogwarts." Sarah explained about the two professors to Chloe. 

"I'm so happy that you are getting to go to Hogwarts in a couple of weeks!" Joshua spoke, "But we do need to go to Diagon Alley very soon to get what you need for the term beginning of September." he finished off, and then saw Chloe looking at him very confused. 

"Did you just say Diagon Alley?" Chloe questioned her father who nodded his head back at her. 

"Yeah I did." Joshua began to speak, "It's the place where witches and wizards go and get their money, wands, schoolbooks, pets, cauldrons and other equipment needed for Hogwarts." he explained to Chloe and then looked over at his wife, "I do wonder what house Chloe will be place in, honey." 

Sarah shrugged her shoulders at her husband and had looked over at Chloe who was waiting for more explanation about Joshua had said to her. 

Sarah chuckled quietly, "So, Hogwarts has got four houses and they are called Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. You will get sorted into one of the houses when you arrive at Hogwarts and it will be your house throughout your school years there." she said as she took a minute to breath before continuing on, "We just hope that you won't get sorted into Slytherin because all of the witches and wizards that get sorted there are usually the bad lot. We wouldn't mind if you got sorted in either of the other three houses at Hogwarts but we would still be happy for you either way." Sarah finished explaining about the four Hogwarts houses to Chloe who shook her head back. 

Madison went onto the ground after being hugged by Chloe. Chloe watched Madison run upstairs to go and play with Hannah in one of their bedrooms. 

Chloe turned back towards her parents, "What Hogwarts house were you both in?" she questioned, as she went to sit down in one of the dining room chairs in the dining room. 

"I was a proud Gryffindor." Joshua announced, with a gleeful smile on his face, "But Gryffindor was always either second or third in the end of year ceremony that we had each year because Slytherin always won." Joshua said and turned his back into the kitchen to use his wand to clear the remaining bits from the kitchen units. 

"I was a Ravenclaw during my time at Hogwarts. We were always on the lower end of the table along with Hufflepuff, while Slytherin and Gryffindor were fighting for the top spot at the end of the year ceremony." Sarah explained about her house that she was in at Hogwarts and smiled at Chloe, "Now go and write a letter back to Hogwarts to accept your place there and use Snowy." 

Chloe strode out of her dining room after speaking with her parents and headed upstairs to her bedroom to accept her place at Hogwarts. 

Chloe sat down at her desk in her bedroom and began to write her letter to Hogwarts to say that she will accept her place for when term begins on the first of September. After she finished writing her Hogwarts letter, she opened her bedroom window and whistled out into the garden for her owl, Snowy to fly onto the window. 

Snowy heard the whistles and flew to Chloe's bedroom window in a matter of seconds. Snowy opened up her beak ready for Chloe to put her letter into it. 

Chloe put her letter into Snowy's beak and stroked the white owl, "Please take this letter to Hogwarts." 

Chloe then heard Snowy hooting back at her as she flew out of Chloe's bedroom window and began to fly away towards Hogwarts. 

Chloe shut her bedroom window after watching Snowy fly away and proceeded to spend the rest of her day with her family at their home in London. 

Hannah and Madison was very excited for Chloe to finally go to Hogwarts which made Chloe also very excited to start her education at Hogwarts. Chloe, Hannah and Madison spent the rest of their day watching some television, playing some board games and went into their garden for fresh air. 

While wandering around the garden, Chloe saw Snowy standing on a branch in one of their trees eating her food out of the little basket and she knew that her letter was safely at Hogwarts. Chloe walked over to Snowy in the tree and began to stroke her for a few minutes. 

Chloe sat down on the ground and began to read a book about Hogwarts that her mother gave to her a few years ago as a Christmas present. 

"Dinner is ready, darling!" Sarah shouted out to Chloe from the window of the kitchen and went back to sorting out the dinner with Joshua. 

"I'll be inside in a few seconds!" Chloe responded to her mother as she stood up from her spot and closed her book. 

Chloe stroked Snowy and walked back inside her house from the garden. She went to sit down next to Madison at the dining room table and waited for their dinner. 

Chloe and her family had chicken fajitas for their dinner because it was one of their favourite meals to have together. The Carter family all ate their dinner, talked to each other, laughed with each other and spoke about Hogwarts because Chloe had questions that she wanted to ask her parents about. 

Chloe got even more excited to go to Hogwarts in about a month's time after hearing about all of the stories that her parents told her and her sisters over dinner. Chloe was curious to see Diagon Alley for the first time to get her school equipment and her school books for her first year at Hogwarts. 

Chloe was now sitting on her bed in her bedroom a few hours later looking at her list of school equipment and school books which was needed for her first year at Hogwarts. Chloe soon heard a knock on her bedroom door and looked up from her list that she was reading. 

"Come in, it's already open." Chloe spoke loudly and then watched her bedroom door opening. 

Sarah strode into Chloe's bedroom with a big grin on her face and proceeded to sit down on the edge of Chloe's bed. 

"What's that you've got in your hand?" Sarah asked Chloe who then gave the list to her mother. 

"That's the full list of school books, school equipment and school uniform that I will need for my first year at Hogwarts." Chloe explained to her mother.

Sarah looked back at the list that Chloe had given her and began to read it out loud while sitting on Chloe's bed with Chloe.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDY

Uniform

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags. 

SET BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following: 

The Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling 

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emerie Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by New Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS. 

Sarah finished reading the list and folded it up neatly. She then gave the list back to Chloe who unfolded it and read it again. 

Chloe looked up at her mother after reading the list again, "Are you sure that we can get all of this in Diagon Alley?" 

"Yes we can, darling. There are plenty of shops in Diagon Alley to get everything that you need." Sarah began to say, "I managed to get all of my school books, uniform and school equipment for my first year at Hogwarts." she finished explaining to Chloe about Diagon Alley. 

Sarah leaned in towards Chloe to kiss the top of her daughter's head, "Hogwarts will be an amazing place for you to make new friends and to learn all sorts of magic there too. It will also feel like a second home to you away from here."

"I can't wait to see Hogwarts in its full glory! I also can't wait to meet new people to become friends with during my time there." Chloe exclaimed loudly and clapped her hands together. 

Chloe put her Hogwarts list down onto her bedside table and then went to lay her head on her pillow. 

"I'm so excited for you, darling. We can always keep in touch using our family owl because I really want to know what house you will get placed in." Sarah said and smiled at her daughter before continuing on, "As much as I would love to continue to chat to you about Hogwarts, I have to go and put your little sisters in bed for the night." Sarah finished talking as she stood up from Chloe's bed and began walking towards Chloe's bedroom door.

Sarah stopped walking once she reached Chloe's bedroom and turned back around to see Chloe smiling at her. 

"Thank you, Mum. Once I know what house I'm placed in, I will definitely send Snowy to you immediately. Say goodnight to my sisters for me please." Chloe spoke quietly and saw her mother smiling back at her. 

Sarah switched off the lights and walked out of Chloe's bedroom to go and put her other two daughters to bed for the night. 

Chloe laid on her back with her head on her pillow and stayed awake for a few minutes after her mother left her bedroom. 

'I can't wait to see what Hogwarts is like when I actually do see it in person for the first time when the term starts. I wonder if I will make any good friends while I'm at Hogwarts.' Chloe thought to herself and stared up at her ceiling. 

Chloe continued to think to herself for a few more minutes before she turned over on her side in her bed and fell asleep quite quickly after that. 

I have so much motivation for this series and I am about to start writing three more chapters! You will get to see Harry, Hermione and Ron being introduced into the story very soon, I promise!✨🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

375K 7.9K 52
Chloe Weasley, the twin to Ron and oldest daughter to Molly and Arthur. Chloe is about to start her first year at Hogwarts, where she will meet the...
481 64 31
Three youngsters, Meghan Malfoy, Lucy Phoenix, and Peter Lovegood, are very excited to begin their first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wi...
956 36 13
Hermione's first year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry starts off on a good limb. She's made two great friends: Ron and Harry. Yes, Harr...
4K 32 26
Violet Potter has always been an unusual girl. Orphaned when she was only a year old and separated from her twin brother, Violet Potter was brought u...