A Fateful Encounter: A Susie...

By TheSxMWriter

With Haltmann Works Corporation in ruins, Susie realizes that she has no where to go. Asking Kirby for help... More

Chapter 1: A Place to Stay
Chapter 3: Issues and Bonding
Chapter 4: Past Decisions
Chapter 5: Changes
Fan art! :)
Update 10/23/23

Chapter 2: An Abrupt Discovery

1K 9 5
By TheSxMWriter

Susie continued walking towards the Lor Starcutter, intrigued by its exterior.

"Kirby!" she exclaimed, looking backwards. "This place is great—" Her voice trailed off, noticing that no one was there; Kirby had left.

"Well, that's his loss..." muttered Susie, feeling somewhat bitter that he had ditched her. She felt like Kirby had done it only due to the fact that she was a former villain, which was what hurt her the most about Kirby's actions. She wanted to be accepted, but with her villainous past, she doubted that it would ever happen.

Sighing softly, she entered the mysterious ship, not really knowing what to expect. For all she knew, the whole ship could be covered in rust, and that would be where she was staying for the next month or so. As Susie entered, she was amazed by all of the ship's features; there was everything she could ever imagine, just in this one ship! There were even rooms for games and copy abilities! Susie, noticing that the ship wasn't in the best condition, immediately began repairing it, temporarily forgetting about what Kirby had done to her. She walked over to the ship's control panel; above it was a large screen, flashing red with an exclamation mark in the center. After testing the controls for a brief moment, she came to the conclusion that the ship had a broken mast, and decided to go outside to fix it. Susie flew outside, carrying a toolbox she found inside of the Lor.

"Looks like the mast broke off... nothing that can't be fixed, heehee!" Susie smiled, beginning to fix the broken mast. In a mere fifteen minutes, she was able to fully repair the mast, leaving it in near pristine condition.

"That looks good!" exclaimed Susie, proud of her work. She sighed, picking up the tool box from the roof of the ship. She then walked back inside of the Lor, smiling at herself for finding a place adequate enough for her to live in. When Susie reentered the Lor, she began to spot more things which she felt obliged to fix. She found dust bunnies in various places, and began looking for a broom to clean it. Soon, she found herself searching all over the ship, desperate to find one.

"Where could the brooms be?" mumbled Susie, now finding herself back in the main room of the ship. She continued her search for a broom, sprinting across different parts of the ship. All of a sudden, while she was running, Susie tripped on something lying on the floor. She landed on top of it, her metal business suit—made out of Haltonium—clashing with the object she fell on. As she further examined the object, she began to realize that it wasn't an object: it was a living being. A Halcandran, to be exact. Before Susie could get off of the Halcandran, it woke up, it's bright yellow eyes staring directly at her.

"Sorry!" exclaimed Susie, attempting to get off of the stranger she landed on. She lifted herself off of him as quickly as she could, now sitting down on the floor. Susie blushed, embarrassed of the fact that she fell on top of the stranger. The living being she had tripped on sat up as well, slightly blushing at what had happened. As the Halcandran stood up, Susie began to get a better look at them. The Halcandran seemed to be a male, probably around her age. He had a blue outfit on, with a white and yellow cape. He was dark skinned, with vibrant yellow eyes which, for some strange reason, Susie kept finding herself staring at. Susie smiled at him, blushing even more due to her own embarrassment. She was unable to stop looking at him, but couldn't fathom why. She had never acted this way before, and the more she thought about it, the more uncomfortable she got.

"H-Hi! I'm Susie, the c-charming secretary!" said Susie, finding her introduction—for the first time—to be rather unoriginal. She forced a smile on her face, making herself laugh at what had just occurred. The whole situation made Susie feel like such a klutz; how had she not noticed him earlier on the floor? She sighed, letting the situation sink in. Susie looked down at the floor, feeling too ashamed of herself to initiate any more conversation with the Halcandran. When Susie looked up, she saw that the Halcandran had walked towards her, his hand extended forward to help her get off of the floor. Slowly, she placed her hand in his, feeling her own heart beat quicker than it usually did.

"What's going on? Why do I feel so... strange?" thought Susie, feeling her cheeks fill with an unusual amount of warmth, enough to make her face become as red as a maxim tomato. With the help of the Halcandran, Susie stood up. Strangely, Susie kept her hand in his, enjoying holding his hand more than she should have.

"You can let go now," said the Halcandran, smiling kindly at Susie. Embarrassed once again, she quickly pulled her hand away, blushing even more. To Susie's surprise, the Halcandran looked slightly worried about her; he reached his hand out again, this time touching one of her reddened cheeks.

"Are you ok? Your face is red..." Susie laughed in an embarrassed manner, forcing another smile on her face.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine! Anyway, who are you and what are you doing on this abandoned ship?" The Halcandran looked startled, slightly tilting his head in confusion.

"Abandoned? This is my ship, at least it sort of is... but anyway, since you wanted to know, I'm Magolor."

"Magolor? I think I've heard that name before," said Susie, repeating the name in her head. She knew the name from somewhere, but couldn't really pinpoint from where. Magolor now looked at Susie, looking somewhat surprised, yet slightly disappointed.

"Y-you know who I am... and what I did?" asked Magolor, completely shaken by what Susie had just said. As he said this, Magolor's facial expression changed, demonstrating slight sadness. Susie picked up on this, immediately feeling bad that the topic had come up in their conversation.

"I don't know why, but I know your name... actually, I think my friend Kirby briefly mentioned you a few times, now that I think about it," replied Susie, looking at Magolor. "Just curious, what did you do?" Although Susie felt bad about asking him more about his past, her curiosity led her to pry. Magolor began to look a bit uneasy, nervously fidgeting with his cape. Oddly, Magolor wanted to tell her the story; he didn't know why, but something about her made him want to explain everything. They had only just met, and yet, Magolor felt like he trusted her with this information. He felt like he was becoming as gullible as Kirby had previously been when they first met, which was worrying to Magolor, especially because Susie wasn't even doing much to get the story out of him! He was confused by his willingness to tell Susie about his past, but decided to dismiss the confusion. Magolor had been deprived of friends for the longest time, and probably just wanted a friend to talk to, at least, that's what he thought. Despite his urge to explain everything to Susie, he knew that the moment he told her about the Master Crown and how he betrayed Kirby, Susie wouldn't even consider being his friend. He sighed, gazing into Susie's crystal blue eyes. Magolor couldn't stop thinking about how pretty her eyes were—there were so many vibrant shades of blue in her glistening eyes. He wanted to just gaze into her eyes all day, avoiding the question which haunted him everytime he met anyone new.

"So... are you going to tell me? You have been zoning out for approximately five minutes," stated Susie, seemingly worried. Magolor was saddened by her remark; he had hoped that she would forget about her question. He took a deep breath, and after a short pause, began to speak.

"Well, I don't want to go into too much detail, but once I was a... a..." His voice trailed off, as Magolor was still filled with shame due to what he had done years prior. Despite wanting to tell Susie everything—how he had stolen the Lor and betrayed Kirby for the master crown—his voice faltered. To his surprise, Susie smiled at him, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"You aren't obliged to tell me, especially since we just met, so I understand if you don't want me to know," stated Susie, smiling at Magolor. "We'll get to know each other by living together anyway, heehee!" Magolor looked slightly confused at Susie's comment.

"You're going to live here?" Susie nodded at Magolor's question with a grin on her face.

"Yeah! That's why I'm here... that is, if you'll let me live with you... but just to let you know, if you let me stay with you I wouldn't take up too much space and I would help you with the maintenance of your starcutter, which is a plus if you ask me!" Magolor found this quite peculiar; no one had ever wanted to live with him before, especially after what he had done to Kirby and his friends.

"So, may I please stay with you? Everyone else has refused to take me in!" Magolor examined her; Susie now seemed rather desperate, forcing a smile on her face as she tried to convince him to let her stay. Magolor felt bad for her, but he didn't quite want to take her in. He previously was a villain after all, and didn't want to become attached to a girl who would later hate him for being a bad person in his past. Yet, there was something that compelled him to want to take her in, a part of him which wanted to be the one person who didn't decline her request. After a minute, Magolor began to speak, slightly smiling.

"Susie, I think that it would be ok for you to stay here on the Lor if you want to—" Magolor was interrupted by Susie, who gave him a hug. Magolor hadn't hugged anyone in a long time, and although he never admitted it to himself, he had missed being hugged by others. Magolor enjoyed the hug thoroughly, not wanting to let go of Susie. As Susie pulled away from the hug, Magolor felt a strange feeling of emptiness in his chest. Why was he feeling this way? Since it made no sense to him, Magolor—once again—decided to ignore his abnormal feelings. After picking up her small suitcase, Susie smiled at Magolor.

"So, which room can I stay in? It's getting late, and I want to unpack before nightfall," asked Susie, swinging her luggage around. Magolor looked around the Lor and came to a realization: there were no extra rooms for Susie to stay in.

"You can sleep on, um, the... floor! There's no extra rooms for you to sleep in, so sorry—" Magolor was cut off by Susie, who began to speak.

"It's ok; that's perfect! Thanks Magolor! I'll go set up my luggage in that corner over there!" Susie proceeded to walk over to the corner, setting her suitcase down on the floor. Subsequently, she pulled out a small, pink blanket. She then laid down, covering herself with the blanket. As Magolor started to leave the room, Susie began to speak.

"It's getting late, so I'm going to go to bed; good night Magolor!" Magolor found himself smiling at her subconsciously, slightly blushing.

"Good Night, Susie," said Magolor, walking towards the light switch. He turned the lights off, leaving the control room to walk to his own room.

An hour and a half later, Magolor decided to get a midnight snack for himself from the fridge. He hadn't eaten anything since the day he had been knocked unconscious, and was frequently reminded of it by the growling of his stomach. He walked into the control room, but before he could get to the kitchen, he heard a rattling noise coming from some sort of metal.

"Is the Lor still broken?" mumbled Magolor, looking around the ship. After scanning the room, he came to the realization that the thing making the noise was none other than Susie, who was shivering on the floor.

"Susie must be cold; it's about forty degrees tonight," thought Magolor, now looking at Susie. "She'll be ok... Susie will probably stop shivering after I get my snack." Magolor walked into the kitchen, pulling out a slice of cake.

"Yes! The cake I left in here three days ago is still intact!" He internally celebrated, taking a large bite out of the cake. As he returned to his bedroom, Magolor noticed that Susie was still shivering due to the cold weather. It pained him to see her shivering on the floor, although he wasn't sure why it had this effect on him. Feeling as though he needed to help her, Magolor walked up to Susie and carefully—after setting down his cake on top of the control panel—began to pick her up and bring her into his bedroom. Gently, he placed her in his bed, tucking her into the covers.

"There you go! Now you won't be cold!" cheerily whispered Magolor, now sitting on the floor. "As for me, I have a cape, so I can just sleep on the floor." After going back to the control room to retrieve his greatly anticipated cake, Magolor sat down on the floor of his bedroom and began to think about his day.

"Today has been kind of strange," thought Magolor, finishing the last bite of his cake. He placed the plate on his night stand, now lying down on the floor. Magolor then glanced at Susie, slightly blushing.

"I do kinda like Susie though—nothing more than a friend of course—but I'm glad she's here to stay... it was getting a little bit lonely here on the Lor," Magolor stated, beginning to shut his eyes. Eventually, after a few minutes, he drifted off to sleep, his thoughts mainly being about the girl who had spontaneously entered his life. She would be a good companion for him, at least until she found out about what he did to her friend Kirby. But she didn't know yet, so Magolor had time, and until then, he would finally have a companion on the Lor Starcutter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857 57 24
Growing bored after the defeat of Nightmare Enterprises, King Dedede decides to find a new source of entertainment- and an answer to a question he'd...
2.4K 53 12
This fanfic was heavily inspired by "My Spanish Star Warrior" by @Olivia200312 so be sure to check that out! (Y/N) was an ordinary human with an ordi...
32.6K 481 23
When Kirby accidentally crash-lands onto an unknown planet, it is found that he is wanted by a monster because of his power. When Meta Knight, King D...
15.3K 215 21
Kirby and Meta Knight were doing training when it showed up. A beast, with claws like swords, three tails and a wolf-like appearance, and craved bloo...