【𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 • 𝐕𝐈𝐋�...

By carlyandcarson33

Caught in the crossfire of a quirk war, pro-hero and Symbol of Peace Deku is captured. Saved and returned to... More

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
1| Content Deleted
2| Hyped
3| Downward Spiral
4| Nightmares
5| Compliance
6| Dead-End
7| Legends Never Die
8| Sleep like the Dead
9| Accusations
10| Call Me Midoriya
11| Darkness
12| Don't Cry, Because I am Here!
13| The Worst Form of Torture
14| Curiosity Killed the Cat
15| Deal
16| By my Side
17| Broken Hero
18| A Little Favor
18| Boom
19| Remember
20| Fate
21| Trust
22| Hold On
23| Falling like Rain
24| Change
25| Quirk War
26| A Hero's Grave
27| Shinimi
28| Broken Dam
29| When the World Slows
30| Connect the Dots
31| Tokyo-Bound
32| The Eyes of a Hero
33| Frightening Normality
34| Ready
35| It's Definitely You
35.5| It's Always Been You
36| Loneliness is Contagious
37| Enough
38| How to Catch a Cobra
39| And He Made Sparks Fly
40| Tears like Fire
41| Trust Outweighs Fear
42| The Manliest Hero
43| Burning Worry
44| Not Anymore
45| Fight for What You Care for
46| Karma's Kill
47| Useless Apologies
48| Together
49| Insight
49.5| Not Good, Not Bad
50| We are a Nightmare
51| You're Alive
52| We're Not Heroes
54| The Day He Died
55| The Day He Lived
56| Too Much, Too Late
57| Desperate
58| Fresh Start
59| You're my Happy Ending
60| A String to the Past
61| Open Flame
62| Liquid Fire
63| Help
64| All He Needs
65| Melted Glass
66| Mixed Signals
67| Kurai
68| Normal
69| Selfish
70| Monster
71| Betrayal
72| Illusionist
73| Windows to the Soul
74| Call Your Name
75| The Boy You'd Die For
76| Too Easy
77| Please
78| Maybe We're Monsters
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
author's note

53| Liar, Liar, World on Fire

2.6K 164 61
By carlyandcarson33

"Hey," Midoriya says, his hair bouncing as he walks over to you, "they caught him!"

You tilt your head. "What?"

"They caught the Agitator!"

"You're lying," Nakano says, pushing past you to Midoriya, "You're lying."

"Why would I lie? That's what Hitoshi told me." The green haired boy smiles. "They caught him. It's finally over."

Doubt flutters in your chest, but Shinimi's eyes hold hope greater than his fear. "Really? That means . . . that means everything can go back to normal! I can find my brother!"

The teenager hugs Midoriya, but you and Nakano stand there, speechless.

You glance behind them, at Kirishima, Shinso, and Iida. Though the Agitator being captured is great news, they don't look happy at all.

The lavender haired hero looks you straight in the eyes, mouthing a command.

Don't talk about anything negative. Keep quiet around Izuku.

The hero's quirk takes hold of your tongue, and you can't speak when you desperately want to. You look over at Nakano.

She tilts her head, a question in her eyes at your fearful expression.

She hugs you, then, as to not seem suspicious when she whispers in your ear.

"What is wrong?"

You try to speak, but your tongue feels frozen and nothing leaves your mouth. You let go of Nakano, grabbing her sleeve and leading her to the corner of the room, where Midoriya can't hear you.

"I can't talk around Midoriya," you sneer, glaring across the room at Shinso, "he's used his quirk on me, though I don't know why. What's happening?"

"I do not know," Nakano replies, "but I know that they are lying to him."

"Let's go talk to Shinso," you suggest, "maybe he'll stop. Will you come too?"

She smiles, sensing your discomfort in talking to the stranger alone. "Yes."

You look behind you, at Midoriya and Shinimi, who're chatting up a storm. You've noticed them getting along better recently. 

It makes you feel relieved.

"What do you want?"

You turn to Shinso, whose arms are crossed. He looks you up and down, as if trying to decide if you're trustworthy or not. 

He must decide you are, because his eyes soften when they meet yours.

"Listen," he sighs, "this might be a little confusing, but I can't give you the whole story. Just please, don't say anything to Izuku. Don't mention anything about the Agitator. Pretend . . . pretend like everything's okay."

Your blood boils. 

"Why?" You ask, "Who are you to keep things like this from him?"

Nakano puts a hand on your shoulder, and you sigh.

"Did you catch the Agitator? Or not?"

Shinso looks down, shaking his head.

"The Agitator," he explains quietly, "isn't a single person."

Your breath hitches. 

"What?"

Both you and Nakano exclaim at once.

She chuckles. "You are foolish. I've seen him myself; the Agitator is but a man."

"The Agitator died two years ago."

The silence is filled only by Shinimi's laughter in the background. Both of them are too caught up in their own conversation to notice you. Now you can hear that Kirishima has joined them.

"You're all liars," Nakano mutters.

Her face is shrouded in shadow as she looks down at Shinso, towering above even the grown man. 

"There's nothing I hate more than liars."

You nudge Nakano in the arm, and she looks over at you. You tilt your head as to remind her of the situation.

Her gaze softens, and she looks normal again. Same stoic, uncaring expression.

"Do not lie to us any longer," she says to Shinso.

You cross your arms. "You'd better tell us the truth. The whole truth."

"You'd figure it out in time, anyways," he grins, "you're both smarter than you look. Follow me. I don't want Midoriya to hear this."

"What about Shinimi?" You ask him, your dirty soles squeaking against the clean floor as you follow.

He shrugs. "I don't care. You can tell him later. Let's just get this over with."

Your minds drifts back to what the police officer said: that the Agitator is building an army.

Why do the heroes and the police force's stories contradict each other? Aren't they working together?

They could easily lie. Especially Shinso.

Who would be able to tell if they're lying or not?

"Wait," you say, stopping, "I think we want Shinimi with us after all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 457 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 ] ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎ ✍︎ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...
97K 2.2K 20
Izuku Midoriya. He have always wanted to be a hero, but he haven't got a quirk. However that didn't stop him from trying. His confidence in being a h...
57.8K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
913 38 17
"All I've ever asked was to have your heart, but you refused to even let me in. I destroyed myself, I let you destroy me for you. I was there when yo...