A Couple Made In Dreams

By dp2835

Do you believe in fate? Serena doesn't. But what the fate does with her, she cannot believe. What happens whe... More

Characters & Bio
Chapter 1: Dumped
Chapter 2: Groom Kidnapping??
Chapter 3: A Marriage Proposal
Chapter 4: Before the wedding
Chapter 5: A Magnificient Wedding
A/N: About
Chapter 6: Tag-along Sere
Chapter 7: The Watson Family
Chapter 8: An Encounter on the Road
Chapter 9: The Duel
Chapter 10: Evil, Too Evil
Chapter 11: The Video
Chapter 12: White Robes, Red Shadow
Chapter 13: He Is Not Me.
Chapter 14: The Quest
Chapter 15: Meet Again on the Pokemon
Chapter 16: Be With Me
Chapter 17: Give To My Wife To Toss Around and Play
Chapter 18: The Finals
Chapter 19: Realizations
Chapter 20: I Know
Chapter 21: I Was Waiting For You
Chapter 22: It's Him
Chapter 23: The Most Unlikely Couple
Chapter 24: The Farewell Match
Chapter 25: Blitzkrieg
Chapter 26: One of Ours
Chapter 27: I Can't Stand It
Chapter 29: The Most Terrifying Team in History
Chapter 30: The Manner of Those Who Are Strong
Chapter 31: Oak-tree Senior
Chapter 32: Rumours
Chapter 33: A Narrow Road
Chapter 34: The Truth
Chapter 35: Supplementing the Dowry
Chapter 36: Have a Good Trip
Chapter 37: Upon the Road, the Flowers Are Blooming
Chapter 38: Return Slowly As I Wait For You
Chapter 39: I'm Embarrassed
Chapter 40: The Little Intern
Chapter 41: His World
Good news (not a chapter)
Chapter 42: The Swimsuit
Chapter 43: Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming
Chapter 44: Brilliance
Chapter 45: Let Me Be Your Sidekick
Chapter 46: A "Consummated" Summer Vacation
Chapter 47: The Sun Will Never Set
Chapter 48: The End

Chapter 28: Passed By

402 27 3
By dp2835

When Serena logged on to 《Dreams of Pokemon》 again, it was already four days later on Friday.

Usually during the exam time, Serena would not touch the game to prevent herself from getting distracted ...... now there was a certain somebody who was already very distracting to her>o<

This time, logging on was about the contract for the video.

In the last few days, Serena and Stone Corp. Technologies had, with amazing efficiency, signed a contract. On Wednesday, Serena had sent the contract to Stone Corp. Headquarters in Shanghai. They said they received it the next day and so on Friday at eight o'clock, they were giving the agreed-upon payment to Serena.

The payment from the contract was four pets in the game.

At the start, Stone Corp. had suggested a payment of six thousand in cash. But Serena thought it over and pointed out using heavenly beasts in the game to substitute for the money. On their side, Stone Corp. was very happy at the suggestion since the six thousand was cold hard cash but heavenly beasts were just a few lines of code to them. The two sides then sank into a multi-hour long bargaining session over the number of pets and the level. At last, Serena had persevered. Stone Corp. agreed to give Serena four heavenly beasts worth two thousand each on the market and two types of material that had very low drop rates.

This much good stuff wasn't just Serena's alone. Brock and the others also had a share. Even though Master's suggestion was to let her have it all, Serena didn't do it his way. Serena felt that good things should be shared by everybody which makes her happier.

The agreed upon time was eight at night. Serena logged on at seven thirty. So many days without playing, she missed it.

At dinner, Master said he had stuff at night, so he probably wasn't on. But when she got online, Serena still took a look at his icon first –– it was dark.

Brock and Paul were also offline but Gary's icon was shining. Serena was going to send a message to greet him, but he first sent a dot-dot-dot over.

Serena didn't understand and replied with period-period-period.

Gary sent back countless dots back.

Serena refused to lose and typed out a string of periods longer than him back.

So a mysterious chat developed.

"......"

". . . . . ."

".................."

". . . . . . . ."

Just when Serena wanted to know why she was doing such a pointless exercise, Gary finally opened bitterly: "junior Serena......"

This appellation allowed Serena to experience the legendary "whole body shudder." In her shock, she unthinkingly replied: "Oak-tree senior."

"Kao!" On the other side, Gary instantly exploded, "Who told you that? I'm a hundred and eighty centimeters tall, stronger than a bull, blacker than coal, what Oak Tree, Oak Tree $*&$$%......%&^*......"

But who was it that made your surname Oak, and then was conceived under Oak tree, and let your mom think that you would be a girl and had your name all thought out before birth to be Green Gary Oak? Serena thought sympathetically in front of the computer. Getting saddled with this name was enough to break any man.

Gary expelled his anger, and asked fiercely: "Who told you that?"

Of course it had been Master. Really, Ash had just mentioned Gary's name only. But Serena had been amazed by the "beauty" of the name and asked deeper. So Master explained further, cough ......

Serena wouldn't sell-out her Master! But telling lies was not good, so Serena replied in this way: "That day at the basketball court, I saw Brock and Paul."

Do you know what is called the art of speaking?

Serena Yvonne did not say anything, just narrated an event that had happened, and was able to shift the blame to somebody else.

Do you know what it's called to be influenced and tarred with the same brush? Our Serena has only been in close contact with the real Ash for a few days, but her pure innocent spring has become the Black River.

Gary didn't reply for a while. When he came back he said: "Went to find the real person to PK."

Serena: "Brock and Paul?"

Gary: "Yup, don't worry, I didn't tell them you betrayed them."

Serena wasn't as skilled as some others. Seeing that Gary was so honourable, she was a bit embarrassed, and very sincerely comforted him: "Senior, really I feel you are pretty lucky."

Gary sent over a flaming emoticon.

Serena: "Your name came from Mount Yoshino. If you think that you weren't called Gary Oak, then it would have been Cherry oak. Cherry Oak, Cherry Oak. ...... It sound even more, you know."

Gary serenely said: "Would you rather be called on the street by a man 'Cherry Oak' or 'Gary Oak'?"

Serena burst out in laughter.

Gary even more serenely said: "This question I had thought about for a long time. Technically, I could have been called Pink Oak."

Serena broke down completely.

In the middle of chatting with Gary, FairyGodValerie went online. Serena sent a smiley face over. A while later, FairyGodValerie sent a message back, her tone excited: "55555, Serena you came back! I thought you were going to be like Sect leader Shauna and not play anymore!"

"No ^_^, just busy with exams."

"You haven't come for a long time."

"I came two times, you just weren't here."

"Oh it was like that. Too unlucky."

Talking about the recent situation, FairyGodValerie asked again about PokeMasterSatoshi missing the finals of the Couples Tournament. Serena wanted to say that Master hit a tree but that didn't sound like Master, so she just skimmed over that part. But the news that PokeMasterSatoshi hadn't left Dreams was enough to satisfy the hunger for gossip of this Valerie.

Fulfilled for now, Valerie thought about other things: "Serena, do you have free time right now?"

"What?"

"Come help me kill the Ancient Crone of the Netherworld. It's a new boss. I tried two times but couldn't do it. You probably haven't done it either."

Serena looked at the time. It was almost eight. She still didn't know how the GM would give the pets to her. If they were in the middle of battle, it would be too inconvenient.

"After eight okay? I have something."

FairyGodValerie nodded.

The way the company picked was the silent way.

At exactly eight, four heavenly beasts appeared without warning on Serena's account. The system only gave a reminder to Serena. That was good. So many god-level pets at one time given to one person. If it was a public announcement, that was just asking for a flood of criticism.

Serena looked at the different monsters in her pet inventory, her heart full of excitement, two eyes gleaming. Heavenly beasts pets. Once she had given them to Brock and the others, everybody on the team would have an immortal level monster. Taking them all out and lining up, that would be such an awesome line ......

Fantasizing alone for a while, Serena managed to free herself and look at her friends list. Gary was still there. She sent over a message: "Oak Tree senior, come quickly, sending a heavenly beast over."

Hearing "heavenly beast", Gary didn't care what Serena called him, quickly appearing by Serena's side.

Serena gave him a cactus.

This cactus pet was just a little more rarer than usual. It couldn't compete at all with that little tiger that Ash had. Serena had asked for a lot of pets. Even though it wouldn't change the balance of the game, the company did have to care about what the other players thought.

And Gary was already very happy. The pet that Serena had given him was very compatible with his profession. It was one he had wanted for a long time but never gotten.

After the initial celebration, Gary asked about the history of the pet. Serena just said it was given by the company for signing over the video. Everybody in the major roles had a share. She didn't mention that the company originally was willing to give six thousand.

Gary was somebody who was going to soon enter society and understood that the company wasn't as generous as to give even the supporting actors a heavenly beast apiece. It was most likely their junior sister-cum-sister in law who had gotten it for him.

Gary was so moved, moved to the point of spewing nonsense: "Third Brother married well, Third Brother married well. When one man gets to the top, his friends get there with him."

Serena had become very used to their ability to use idiomatic language, which was no ability at all. She didn't have any opinions on Gary saying he was an animal but ......

Serena: "jia>o<"

Gary leered and said: "Wrong wording, wrong wording. That's Brock's catchphrase. I accidently learned it. He constantly says he wants to marry a rich woman."

Serena didn't think Brock had such a goal and felt deep respect: "You really can't judge a book by its cover."

Gary was happy he was ruining Brock's reputation. He became very smug and basked for a while. He remembered something and said:"Sister in law, I have something to report to you."

"Ah?"

Serena got a bit nervous due to his serious tone.

Gary: "Today there was somebody phoning the dorm to confess to Third Brother!"

Uh ......

Gary was afraid she wouldn't believe it and said: "It's true. I took the call, it was a woman, but I heard Third brother reject her."

Serena: "Confess ......"

Gary, who had been bribed by one heavenly beast, naturally thought of Serena as one of their own. He was very angry at the unknown people who knew that Third brother already had a tiger in his mountain but still wilfully went towards Tiger Mountain.

"Don't worry sister in law. You have me. I definitely would not let Third Brother's red apricots hang over the wall. What is going on with the girls now? They obviously know that he has somebody and still comes over! They all try to steal the ground that is already owned, the fallow ground beside it, nobody is planting ......"

Seeing that the more Gary kept on going, the more furious and bitter he got, Serena quickly stopped him. "Senior, chill, confessions aren't really anything ......"

Serena: "I was confessed to all the time starting from when I was very little 'til now......"

Before meeting Brock and the others, even as a joke, Serena couldn't say this kind of words. But under their influence, the present Serena could very easily toss out this type of "on the point" remark.

It definitely must be said, in today's PK match between Serena Yvonne and Gary, Serena used "Lightning from the Sky" to achieve a decisive victory.

Gary once again went silent, the avatar not moving. Serena walked around him twice, remarking to herself that Oak Tree senior didn't have enough. He spent that much time with Brock and the others, this amount of resistance wasn't enough.

On her third circle, Gary finally came back: "Sister in law......"

Serena decided to send an expression of distain to reply. Yet before she could type it out, she saw Gary say: "Just now third brother passed from behind me."

Serena: "......"

Gary: "When you said you were confessed to from childhood to now."

Serena found that her strength slipping away as she typed: "Nonsense, he doesn't live in the dorms."

Gary: "He's moving back in today."

Serena: "......"

Gary: "He's starting his computer ......"

That line hadn't disappeared before Serena heard a "ding" sound. System notice: Your husband PokeMasterSatoshi is now online.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 973 13
What if... two best friends... stuck in each other's body Ash and Serena have been best friends since childhood. They sure that they know each other'...
113K 1.1K 31
serena has always had a crush on ash, but never has she had the courage to tell him. He is just too dense. Everyone knows it, except for Ash himself...
13.3K 304 9
Ash and Serena have feelings for one another but neither are aware of what the other feels. They are both left hurt after a harsh argument and are sp...
75.6K 1.7K 47
[Completed] Highest Rankings Amourshipping #1 , Amour #1 Broken #57 out of 57.4k stories AshxSerena #3 As Ash's heart shatters into pieces...