It's About Her!

By LoveAffitnity

How far you can go to be with the person you love? Can you run away from your ownself? Can you rewind the pas... More

Chapter 1
She is not your dirt.
Men have needs.
The Torne Doll.
Learn the rules and Play by it!
Awareness is a curse.
Demon and Lies
Dark Dominance
Forgotten Human
The enigma of the heart
Bruised Heart Part 1
Bruised Heart Part 2
Shattered Soul
Fire in the heart
What hurts the most!
Several Knots
Meteor shower
Crushed Flower
Scars
Its Okay, to be not Okay!
Insecurities
Maybe...May..be!
Lifting the Curse
Love that makes you, breaks you!
Secrets and lessons
Congratu....lations...!
One more time...
The broken things
Wounds and scars
Mirror and Beast
Replacing Nightmares with Sunshine

Dead

385 46 65
By LoveAffitnity

"What are you doing in the dark place? Are you even human?" 

Zoya briefly turned her gaze inside the room and to the voice, before once again staring out at the immense darkness. "Strange isn't it?"

Zoya paused and leans a bit further, inhaling the cold air sharply she speaks,  "Whose life is only dark, how can she be afraid of the darkness?"

"Zoya? Don't talk in puzzles. It is very cold outside, you come inside before you catch a cold." The lady in her late 40's said before she picked up Zoya's ruined clothes and walked out of the room to wash them. Zoya's lips lifted in a half-smile as she could hear the faint music coming from downstairs.  Zoya closed her eyes and stared back at the beautiful stars and once again her eyes turned moist.

A few minutes later, the door opened again and the same woman stepped inside holding a fresh pair of clothes. 

"You put on these clothes and groom yourself." The woman took a rose from the inside of her sleeve and placed it on the table. "This flower has been given to you by your loved one, he wants you to put it in your hair." The woman waited for Zoya to look at her, but when she didn't she walked closer to Zoya and held her hand before bringing her inside. she picked up the clothes from the table and handed it over to Zoya while she pointed at the flower. "You put it in your hair before he comes so that when he comes, he will be happy. "

Zoya looked at the flower briefly before picking it up. All the thorns were carefully removed from its stem, she smiled sadly looking at those bright colour petals. "Why is his happiness so important to us?"

"Because he is our client and if he is happy he will give us more money."

"We are so selfish, right? We destroy what pleases our eyes. whether it is the life of a flower or a human being nothing matters anymore."

The woman furrowed her brows at Zoya, " sometimes Zoya you make me wonder, Are we even talking in the same language? I don't understand your words."Zoya laughed lightly and kept the flower back on the table. 

"You can go now, I will be ready for him and for others. Well, how many are there today?" Zoya sadly asked her new owner.

"Don't you know that ever since you came here, Our street is filled with your crazy lovers? They are ready to pay whatever price I quote for you. It's time to make money, My love. So, Don't count. Just think about how to keep them happy. Every person who steps into this room, make sure to keep him so happy that he cannot go anywhere else again." The woman noticed the sadness in Zoya's eyes but she kept her focus on extracting profit out of Zoya. 

As she reached the door the woman turned around, " I gave a lot of money to your father for you so don't give me any reason to regret my decision."

Zoya saw the door being closed and smiled at the flower again, " I thought I was human before, now I am just a commodity."  Zoya answered the woman's question from before and her smile disappeared.

****

Both Aditya and Arjun were supposed to get on well together, but both were lost.  Harshwardhan's every plan got backfired. His zest to control the lives of people proved fatal. He couldn't convince Aditya to forget Zoya and neither he could convince Arjun to step out of his power. Hooda Mansion turned war zone for Harshwardhan and Arjun, after learning that Arjun tried to kill Anjana, his wife Harshwardhan became unsecure of Arjun's intention. He desperately looked for a plan where he could bring everything in his control again and dethrone Arjun before his son kills him. 

For Anjana's party, they became a laughing stock in society. Ever since the nude drama that Aditya pulled on his engagement day, the party name was ruined. Arjun got a golden chance to show party people that he was always the better candidate than his elder brother and he boasted a lot, by releasing false apologies. Where in between the lines of sorry, he degraded Aditya to the most destructive level. Even Aditya having a relationship with a prostitute became the talk of the town. Photos were released and videos of Aditya naked act were all over the internet, the news was fueled with statements and press meetings to keep it alive for a longer duration. When talking about Arjun cunning and devilish brain, he proved once again he was Harshwardhan's son indeed.

Now the society was divided into two groups, one who supported Aditya and his personal life which were a handful and others who strongly opposed him. but there were few who were wolves within the sheep's skin and these people just wanted Hooda's end. In the midst of the arguments and support and oppose counter-attack, an all-out war broke which engulfed the whole country. Thanks to Harshwardhan, the violence became more rampant in his city than anywhere else. The last hint of civilization had been thrown to the wolves.

The people close to Harshwardhan like Bella and Rajveer advised caution. But Harshwardhan in his blind obsession to take control acted without consequences which made the whole city burn for his selfish needs. In the name of Arjun Hooda, he appointed a man in the crowd who disregarded all laws, justice and everything superior to them. Harshwardhan wanted to hit two birds with one stone again. and this plan would force Arjun out of the chair and bring Aditya to his rightful position.

And oblivious to everyone this was what their actions led them to... All the members of the party, including rivals, were indulged in war. Crores of properties of government and private people were burned into ashes. Thousand of people lost their lives and the destruction was too severe for anyone to estimate.

It took days before law and order came in force again and the result was too obvious. Common people had enough of the bloodshed.  Everyone knew who started it and why? The thing that Harshwardhan arranged a press conference soon after the chaos became quite evident to everyone. Finally, elections took place in the state once again. 

The prime indication of this was Arjun lost the election. What happens at the core spreads itself out. Therefore, in the state, neither the coalition in the power nor the opposition managed to gain power.  

A third party made it to the top.

*****

Arjun was nearly at the end of meetings with parties and allies to make damage control from the last events when his phone began to ring. He turned his attention to the screen briefly before turning the phone upside down.  The phone rang a few times more before the ring died.

"Arjun? You look so stressed." Rajveer looked at the people walking out of the meeting room and turned his attention to Arjun.

"Hmm... It was a painful day. Finally over." He sighed.

Rajveer suggested some drinks and Arjun accepted it. He needed a breather after a long day at the party office. He called Bella for giving company and suggested Arjun call Noor too. But Arjun straightly dismissed the idea. She had been calling him the entire day and the last thing he wanted to see is her dull face after a bad day.

Rajveer didn't ask many questions and agreed to arrangements. On the way to a private restaurant, Rajveer managed a surprise to help Arjun. Soon the trio reached the venue and began to ease themselves.

Arjun knew Rajveer's loyalty lies with Harshwardhan but he also knew he has no friend other than Rajveer.  "Cheers." Bella raised the toast.

"Cheers." The men clicked the glass.

"Don't think much Arjun. Ups and downs are part of political life." Rajveer patted Arjun's shoulder and smiled. "not everyone can be like Anjana Ma'am. She has set her bar really high."

Rajveer's words felt like acid pouring on Arjun's already wounded ego. He swatted the glass away and picked up the bottle, finishing the entire venom in one sip. Bella smiled at Rajveer and under the table dialled a number.

****

The morning rays fell on Aditya and he woke up fluttering his eyelashes a few times before things became decently visible for him. The first thing that he felt apart from the air on his face was an intense headache that refused to settle down. He groaned holding his head in his hands and stretched his legs pushing the empty alcohol bottle on the floor. The bottle rolled at a certain distance causing drums to ring in Aditya's ear. 

He forcefully lifted himself, picking up his unwashed shirt from the floor, he stood straight only to fall back on the floor.  He was barely able to hold himself without any support. A smell of alcohol erupted from his body, his eyes looked sleepless and in pain. After Zoya left, Aditya never once returned home. He was always either in search of her whereabouts or on the streets getting wasted. He was ruining his life and he had no regrets.

Aditya's stomach grumbled and with cross feet, he dragged himself to the nearest stall.  He stared at those delicious buns on the cart and checked for his wallet. He took the wallet out of his pocket and opened it. It had many cards debit/credit along with his identity proof, driving license and other visiting cards with two 100 notes. 

He picked a hundred rupees and hand them over to the stall owner before picking up the last note and throwing the wallet away.  He no longer needed any of those.

The stall owner was interested in political affairs and kept commenting on the strategy used by different parties. Aditya was least interested in the topic so flashing his sarcastic smile he gestured the man to serve him food quickly for him to walk away.

"Brother, do you know why this generation is called Kalyug? Here brother, sister, mother no relation matters to anyone. Everyone is running behind money or power." the stallman continued even after reading Aditya's disinterest face.

"Why are you saying so brother?" a customer eating on the stall asked.

"Hey, what should I tell you, brother! Take yesterday's incident for example. A son killed his own mother for the greed of political power." Aditya picked up the plate and excused the place, ignoring the talks of the stall owner.

"Whom are you talking about?" the customer asked

"You don't watch the news? It is everywhere on paper and media"

Aditya turned his back at the commentary and took his first morse to eat.

"Anjana Devi passed away last night and everyone says it's Arjun's deed." The morse fell from Aditya's hand and he jogged back to the owner, tossing the food plate on his way.

"Which Anjana Devi are you talking about?" Aditya asked shivering at the end

"Brother, How many Anjana Devi is there in this city? There is only one Anjana Devi Hooda." 

The news stung Aditya's heart and his eyes turned moist. Slowly the pain took over his body and he began to shiver in sorrow and pain. The intense Headache felt nothing before the pain he was experiencing in his heart.

Seeing his condition Stall owner got terrified. He asked Aditya several times if he is okay but Aditya didn't reply to him. Anjana and Zoya were the only two women closer to Aditya's heart and today he lost them both. Tears began to form in his eyes and began to flow freely wetting his cheeks and dripping from his chin. 

The owner now glanced at Aditya's face properly and a new realization draws upon him. 

"You...You are Aditya Hooda, right? Anjana Devi's elder son?"  As soon as the owner asked, every head around him turned towards Aditya. No one in their right mind would have believed that this man in dirty beggar like condition is actually the elder son of Hooda. People began to surround Aditya, asking all nonsensical questions. The owner too brought a pen with him asking for Aditya's autograph. Few got busy taking pictures with him. Aditya was too lost to be bothered by any of these. His mind kept playing his mother's image of laughing hugging and talking to him. Before he knew he was already running to the hospital to meet his mother.

***

Arjun stood by the feet of his mother, whereas Noor looked distraught trying to manage press and visitors for the family. Surprisingly she was the only strong person at the moment to take control of the situation. When Arjun returned home in the morning too drunk alone. Noor felt disappointed in her husband again. It had been many days since she had any interaction with family in the Hooda mansion. Everybody got busy including Rajveer. Sometimes he did show up at her door late at night and they ended up bedding often. It was not intentional but she felt good with him. He was gentle, respected her and allowed her feminity to show up while pleasing her.  She felt dirty each time she faced her husband but when she was reminded of Arjun's actions in past all her guilt would get washed over. She was happy and even if it was momentary, she wanted someone to praise her, treat her well.

"You are okay?" Rajveer asked as he walked up to her. She was lining up people to visit the hospital room. 

"Yes." She blinked.

"Where is Arjun?" he asked

"Inside," she whispered. 

Rajveer passed by Noor, not before gently touching her fingers as he moved. She looked around for a brief second before she resumed her work.

"Will Aditya bhaiya not come even today?" Someone from the group of people asked.

"I have been calling him but his phone is going unanswered,"  Noor replied.

"We can't wait much longer. She has died last night it's not good to keep a body for this long. We have to start the process of performing their last rites. In the absence of an elder son, Arjun you should begin the process." The godfather suggested to which everyone agreed.

The funeral procession had started. After bathing Anjana and dressing her in nice clothes she was made suhagan for the last time. Harshwardhan looked sad and was found crying all the time. Arjun too looked distraught. The time had come and Anjana was bidding bye to the world for the last time. Noor touched the feet of her mother in law for the last time, releasing the grudges she was holding against her. She begged for forgiveness from Anjana and forgave Anjana for everything she did that had hurt Noor. 

When reached the crematorium, the pandit asked for the elder son. But Aditya was nowhere found! 

"Arjun will complete the whole process, Pandit Ji," said the godfather.

A pot was placed on Arjun's shoulder and he began to make circles of his mother. All the time reminiscing the fond memories with her from this life. He dropped the pot on the ground and took the torch in his hand. Arjun waited for his father to speak something but Harshwardhan simply blinked his eyes. He looked around for the last time, silently waiting for his brother. But even after few minutes, he didn't see any signs of Aditya, he placed the torch on the wood, bidding goodbye to his mother for the last time.

The fire burning from the pyre started touching the sky as if Anjana was pleading with the world to bring her eldest son. After few minutes the fire started burning down. The sky thundered and raindrops started falling on the ground. Everyone began to return to their homes, leaving the ashes of Anjana behind.  Including her husband and her son, whom she loved the most, who didn't even wait for her to burn completely they already left before she could properly say bye to the world. Just then the place witnessed rapidly unstable feet running towards her burned ashes. 

"Maaa." Aditya cried breathing heavily, wrapped in his sweats. Tear streaming down his face, his lips quivering at every breath he takes. his heartbeat as if it will explode any second. He ran to see his mother for the last time but it was too late for everything, including saying goodbye to Anjana. She has already left the world, taking her soul and body away with her. What was left behind was her ashes that Aditya kneeled before and cried while calling his mother's name in sorrow and despair. "Maaa"

****

It was the first meeting in the party office after Anjana's death. It was not a requirement but the need of the party to keep Arjun as their leader after her death.  Arjun arrived at nine p.m. itself and sank into his seat.

He desired the deep peace of the den as his mind was caught in chaotic thoughts. These thoughts drained him of all energy in his body and he slipped into a deep sleep. 

The godfather sombrely began, "Only those who have won from their constituency have gathered here today."

Arjun smiled sadly, as he was the only one who had lost and was still sitting between winners.

"The party needs to discuss the agenda, the strategies and the budget. But most important who will own the chair. If anyone wants to challenge the current chairperson please raised your hands." there was silence in the room.

the godfather smirked and raised his hand " I vote for Arjun." 

There were many hands in support of his suggestion. Counting the members raised hands, a smile spread across Arjun's face. He stood up from his chair partially, ready to celebrate his victory despite all odds.

The hands were put down and The godfather prepared himself to announce the chairperson name when he spots a hand in the crowd who refused to put it down. "yes, whom do you want to vote?"

Everybody turned their head towards the point where The godfather was looking at. 

"I would vote for " people began to move aside in synchronization, allowing the godfather to see the face of the man.

"Mr Aditya Harshwardhan Hooda."

The colour left Arjun's face and his brown scrunched up together . Everyone's ear perked up on the mention of Aditya's name. The room turned pin-drop silence until the last man that was covering him moved away, revealing the face of the speaker.

"And that's me," said Aditya Hooda, with a charming smile and challenging gaze.

****

Dear Readers,

Please don't forget to hit like  and comment.

Your comments are my motivation.

Thankyou

Your Writer
Milli🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 85.2K 108
I am Nandini Malhotra. For me loving someone was impossible. Loving someone means giving yourself completely to the person whom you love. Love means...
88.9K 3.2K 21
#1 in bepannah 22/10/2019- 9/10/2020 UNDER EDITING!!! Aditya is a 27year old businessman. His arrogant, rude, angry heart changes soft whenever he se...
87.4K 4.1K 68
"Eternally?" "For an eternity and even more." __________ Coincidences; are they merely occurring by chance? The universe is always arranged for us, s...
4K 165 14
Aahan & Aarya met each other when they were drugged.......