Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

The Gold 1 Part 45

1.9K 34 1
By Licutie269

The next day they'd made it to Nassau and were just coming into port when Captain Terrance knocked on the door, "Alright, you three we're coming in to port and it be best if no one finds you," he told them, "Head up on the bridge and lay low," he said leading them out of their room and to the door for the bridge.

"Thank you Captain T and you too Stubbs," Coral said smiling at the two before following John B and Sarah up the steps.

Hearing the door shut and lock behind her Coral hurried up the steps. "Holy shit, Coral, we're actually in a foreign country," John B said in amazement as he stared out the window to the coast.

"I wish JJ could see this," she said looking out the window.

"That right there is my family's summer home," Sarah told them pointing to a huge mansion sitting on the coast.

"Holy super Kook," Coral laughed.

"Right," John B agreed, "Maybe we could you know crash for a couple nights?" he said with a smirk.

"Hey dad, I'm alive, by the way, and I'm also thinking about getting married. Can we crash?" Sarah voiced sarcastically.

"Yeah, maybe search around the house for a couple things you might've left behind. Like the gold you stole from us," John B added playing along.

"Guys, we are fugitives; in a foreign country. We have to be careful," Sarah told them seriously.

"Yeah, of course.  Don't worry," John B replied.

"Umm, thinking about getting married?" Coral questioned looking between the two.

"Yeah, and you don't get to have an opinion based on the rock JJ gave you," John B responded, picking up her left hand and waving it around.

Pulling her hand away with an eye roll Coral huffed, "I don't have an opinion other then welcome to the family," she said hugging Sarah. 

"Thank you," Sarah laughed as Coral kissed her cheek before letting her go.  

"We're getting ready to dock," John B told them still watching out the window.  Biting her lip Coral walked around the small room looking out the windows that ran the entire way around the room, "Why would Cap T put us up here if he wanted us to hide?  We're surrounded by windows," she questioned looking at John B and Sarah.

Sucking in a breath John B swore, "Shit, he must know who we are," he realized rushing towards the stairs.  "It's locked.  I heard him lock it before I came up the steps," Coral told him.

"Fuck!"

"We're surrounded by windows.  We could break one," Sarah suggested. 

"Cleo said to be careful of who I trust," Coral remembered as John B found a hammer in a toolbox.  "You should've never started talking to that girl," he told her angrily as he smashed the window out.

"Yeah, it's my fault," Coral sassed.

"Will you two stop arguing.  We need to go," Sarah told them as she pushed Coral towards the broken window.  Climbing through the window to the upper deck of the boat Coral turned to help Sarah out of the window.

Hearing a commotion down by the door John B yelled at them to go as he scrambled out behind them.  Climbing through the rails the two girls jumped together to the wooden dock below.

"Come on JB!" Coral yelled as she and Sarah took off down the dock with her brother trailing behind them.

Looking over her shoulder she could see Captain Terrance and three custom officers up on the top deck yelling for them to stop.

"This way!" Sarah cried, grabbing Coral's hand and dragging her to the left.  Breathing heavily Sarah took another left before pulling her behind a building along with John B, "Shhh, they'll pass us," she told them.

Closing her eyes Coral attempted to get her breath back as they listened to the yelling coming from the other street.  As the voices faded Sarah took a steadying breath, "Okay, I think I know a place we can hole up," she told them, "Follow me."

Following after Sarah through the streets of the Bahamas Coral looked around at all the culture and diversity.  JJ would love it here.  She wanted to bring him back.

Walking up the drive of one of the hotels on the island John B let out a low whistle, "Sarah, are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, we don't exactly fit in with a five star hotel," Coral added, looking over their grimy clothing.

"It's the safest place for us," Sarah replied, "Just trust me.  All you have to do is act like you know what you're doing," she told them as she led them into the hotel.

"We don't know what were doing."

"Just smile and say hi to people," Sarah instructed with an eye roll.

"Right, okay," Coral mumbled before smiling and saying hi as they passed other guests.

"See you got it," Sarah said before grabbing their arms, "This way," she whispered turning down a corridor.  Walking through they continued smiling at people until a voice stopped them.

"Excuse me?  Excuse me?"

Turning they found one of the hotel staff, "May I help you?" he asked, looking the three up and down.

"Actually yes," Sarah said, "Do you have any bottled water?  Maybe Voss."  

"Figi?" Coral added giving the man a bright small.

"No," he answered suspiciously.  "Oh, you know what these will do," Sarah continued with her act as she stopped a passing waitress.  Grabbing two of the drinks from her tray she handed one to John B.

"I am just so parched after our hike," Coral smiled sweetly taking another off the tray, "Thank you so much," she told the waitress as she sucked down the drink.

"I know that hike was brutal," Sarah smiled picking up Coral's story, "Who's idea was it to do hiking before we checked in for our reservation?  When is that again?" she asked looking at John B.

"Uhhh, our reservation?  Like four thirtyish," he answered.

"Reservation?  You have a reservation?" the hotel man questioned sounding doubtful.

"Yes," Sarah answered confidently, "We have a harbor view suite on the third floor, and we've been patrons of your hotel for years.  And I'll be very sure the manager knows of your hospitality, Elliot, thank you," Sarah said before turning and walking off.

"Yes, thank you Elliot," Coral added, "I can't wait to get out of these clothes and into a shower.  Maybe I'll see you poolside later," she winked before hurrying after her brother and Sarah.

Laughing she caught up to the other two, "That was fun," she giggled, "Who knew Sarah Cameron could lie so well?"

"It's pretty easy to act like a snob," Sarah responded as she led them up a flight of steps, "This leads up to the roof."

"You stayed here?" John B questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah, when the house was being built over on Paradise Island."

Climbing the stairs John B paused at a landing, smiling flirtatiously at the housekeeper gathering towels by her cart, "Hi," he greeted.  Smiling she said hello back before disappearing into one of the hotel rooms.  

"Grab the phone," he hissed to Coral before he grabbed three towels and hurried up the steps behind Sarah.  Snatching the housekeeper's cell phone Coral ran up the stairs behind her brother.

"Damn, what a view," Coral said stepping out to join Sarah and John B on the roof of the hotel, "The Pogues would kill for those swells," she remarked looking out to the ocean below.  

"Hell yeah," John B agreed, "You didn't tell me you lived on a beach with rollers that just slide in every day," he said to Sarah as he looked out to the ocean.

"Yeah, we used to come here as kids when we were building the vacation house right over there," she replied, pointing off to where her family's house sat.  

"I bet that's where the gold is."

Sighing Sarah looked at the twins, "Promise me you won't do anything stupid."

"Well, Sarah Cameron, I do stupid things all the time without realizing it," John B replied with a smile.  

"And I try not to do stupid things but between JB and JJ, well shit happens," Coral responded with a shrug.

"Look I know you want to go over there, but there is a gate.  There's security.  There's patrols.  It's a death trap."

"I know that, but just think about it.  If I can get some money," John B started to say while Sarah shook her head, "No, real money, okay?  I can get a lawyer.  I can clear my name, and then we can all go home.  You know the gold is only gonna be there for a few days, and after that, it's gone."

"The world does think we're dead," Coral stated.

"Exactly!" John B exclaimed, pointing a finger at her, "It's perfect.  We just go, hop over the gate, steal some gold."

"No.  John B, you are wanted.  Coral you'll go to foster care," Sarah reminded them, "It's just way to dangerous."

Sighing Coral looked at her brother, "I mean she has a point JB."

"Promise me you won't," Sarah pleaded taking John B's hand.

Looking out to the ocean John B eventually sighed before looking at Sarah, "I promise."

Smiling she squeezed his hand, "Thank you.  Now I say we go borrow some chairs and set up our new crib," she said looking around the roof.

"First, let's send a little pic from beyond the grave," Coral said, holding up the phone she'd swiped.  "Where did you get that?" Sarah asked.

"I borrowed it, and we're in business," she laughed as she opened the camera on the phone, "I don't understand people who don't put a lock on their phone," she told them holding it up, "Okay, smile," she said taking a picture of John B and Sarah.

"Who are you sending that to?"

"The Pogues.  They need to know we're alive," Coral answered Sarah as she typed in their phone numbers for a group text.  "Plus, they're the only ones at home that could clear my name," John B added.

Sending the picture to Kie, JJ, and Pope Coral waited for a reply.

"Kie typed back, 'WTF is this you' with literally three question marks," Coral told them as she held the phone out to Sarah, "Take a picture of me."

Taking the phone back she sent the picture before asking if JJ was there.  

"What are they saying?" John B asked.  "I just asked if JJ was there, and I'm waiting on a response," she told him as she watched the little dots on the screen.

Smiling when the text popped up with JJ's response of, 'I'm here Baby Girl,' she typed her message back to him, 'A year and two months.'

Laughing when he responded with, 'Fuck I love you,' she looked up at her brother, "What do you want me to tell them?" she asked after sending JJ back a text telling him she loved him too.

"Let them know we're in Nassau and we're laying low," he answered, "And that they need to clear my name so we can come to fuck home."

Nodding she typed the message and sent it to the other three, "Alright, now let's get some chairs and can we please find something to eat?" 

Heading back down the steps with Sarah and John B, Coral stopped long enough to return the borrowed cell phone to the housekeeper's cart before continuing down the steps.  Hearing music coming from around the corner the three headed that way to see what was happening.

"They're setting up for a wedding," she said looking at the arch draped in white and the chairs for guests.

"Over there," John B whispered, pointing off to the side where there were plates of appetizers, "Come on," he instructed leading the girls to the table, "Grab one and let's go," he told them grabbing a plate before ducking behind a low wall.

Joining her brother Coral didn't even bother with a fork and just started shoveling food into her mouth, "This is like the best thing ever," she mumbled between mouthfuls.

Listening to the band warm up Sarah hummed when they began to play a slower song, "That's a pretty song," she said, absently.  

Smiling John B placed his plate down on a nearby chair before taking Sarah's plate out of her hand and handing it to Coral.  Taking Sarah's hand he gave it a squeeze, "Hey, Val."

"Hey Vlad," Sarah responded.  "You wanna dance?" he asked.  "Yes," she answered.

"It's cool.  More food for me," Coral said as the two walked off hand in hand to move closer to the band, "I just love third wheeling," she called after them as she rolled her eyes.

"Coral. Coral. Wake up."

Blinking her eyes open at the voice whispering in her ear Coral groaned, "Did he take off?"

"You knew he was going to go?" Sarah questioned.

Sitting up Coral glanced around the roof not surprised to find her brother missing, "Of course I knew he was going to go. He's an idiot," she replied, pulling the towel she was using as a blanket off she stood up.

"He's such a liar," Sarah huffed as she stood from where she crouched next to Coral's lounge chair.

"I mean in all fairness he did warn you that he does stupid shit all the time."

"That's not helping," Sarah remarked as Coral swung JJ's bookbag onto her back. "Well, let's go find the idiot," Coral said as she headed for the door leading back down from the roof.

Wondering through the hotel the girls kept their eyes peeled for John B, "You know where he went. We should probably just head there," Coral suggested.

Rolling her eyes Sarah headed down the driveway of the hotel back out to the street with Coral by her side, "I warned him. I told him there's security there," Sarah complained as they started across a bridge leading towards Paradise Island.

"I love that you thought that would stop him," Coral responded as she moved to the side for a passing vehicle. Glancing over as the vehicle began to slow she smiled, "Hey Cleo," she greeted before a hand covered her mouth and an arm wrapped around her from behind lifting her off the ground.

Flailing she attempted to scream as her captor dragged her to the back of the truck Cleo was driving. Recognizing the captain who had a gun aimed at Sarah she froze.

"Hello again," Captain Terrance greeted, "Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice," he told them motioning to the back of the truck.

Locking eyes with Sarah, Coral sighed before looking at the captain as she nodded.

"Good. Now get in the truck."

Turning to get into the truck Coral recognized Stubbs as the one that had grabbed her, "You don't have to do this. We did nothing wrong," she told them looking first at Stubbs and then the captain.

"Girlie, I don't care if you did anything wrong. All I care about is that 50 thousand," Terrance replied as he got in the front with Cleo and Stubbs climbed into the back with her and Sarah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.1K 41
Julianne Bailey Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, lived a low key life with her brother in the Outer Banks. 9 months after her father...
23.6K 292 16
a series rewrite in which JJ Maybank falls in love with his best friend's sister and chaos ensues. - aka an outer banks s2-3 rewrite feat. routledge...
6.3K 130 26
Daniel Beckett Routledge is the younger brother to the oh-so-famous John B Routledge. Their father disappears at sea, presumed dead, but both boys d...