✔️ Warriors | On the path | B...

By lillilteo

Season 1, Book #1 of series called "A Shadow Within" Four new apprentices are brought in DawnClan. Brightpaw... More

Prolouge
Allegiances
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Epilogue

Chapter 12

1 0 0
By lillilteo

Whitepaw shivered as soon as she left her warm nest, the leaves were falling and it looks like it's already Leaf-fall. The leaves grew orange, falling one by one. Whitepaw stretched with a yawn. Fluffytail was already up, giving out hunting patrol's. Whitepaw stared at the cats together, she wanted to go on a patrol as well. Whitepaw stepped forward and sat beside Dustpelt. "... Dustpelt can lead a border patrol with Foxtail, Redberry and Whitepaw." Fluffytail ordered, immediately the three warriors rose up and Whitepaw did too, Dustpelt began to lead the patrol and Whitepaw followed after him. Dustpelt began to lead the way as they began to run, patrolling the border. "You must be glad your son is back, Dustpelt." Foxtail called after Dustpelt, Dustpelt let out a chuckle as he titled his head a little to look at his old friend from the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah, I've been very worried about him! But I knew he wasn't dead, he's a strong cat." Dustpelt said and the two toms smiled at each other, Whitepaw always forgot how they were once very close and still are, they're very close friends since kithood and they're not much older than her. Just a few moons. But still, old enough. Whitepaw tasted the air, there seems to be no MoonClan cats around the border. And no signs of any wild animals like foxes or badgers, that's good as well. "There seems to be no intruders." Redberry remarked, Whitepaw stood silent as they continued to run around the border, they still didn't look at few places. DawnClan is a big territory after all, but so must be MoonClan. Whitepaw didn't talk with Sky for a while now, not since their argument a few days ago. Sky wanted to be a DawnClan cat and prove himself that he's capable of being a warrior, but Whitepaw knows very well that he's not built to be a warrior. He's a kittypet. Kittypets aren't good at fighting, they like to stay in their homes, eating and sleeping all day.

After a long time of running and marking the borders, the cats headed back towards the camp. Whitepaw fell in behind, she looked at the Twoleg place that was not far off. There was no sign of Sky, she wasn't sure where he even was. She's visited him yesterday but he wasn't anywhere, nowhere at all. Brightpaw seemed rather down and depressed lately because Frostpaw wasn't around, it made Whitepaw furious. Whitepaw missed Frostpaw too, Frostpaw was the only cat she ever talked to and she wants nothing more than for Frostpaw to be here with them right now. Whitepaw liked Frostpaw because Frostpaw would always listen to her and they would have fun, talking and laughing. No one can replace her, and she can't forget her no matter how much she tries to. Moon and Sunny were put on a test, Sunny seemed very skillful and she knew some warrior moves, for those she didn't know, she learned quickly. She learned warrior code, and after a few days got her warrior name, Sunnybreeze. As for Moon, he's Moonpaw now.

Moonpaw seems to be doing very well so far, he's doing well like any average apprentice would, Flowerstar decided to keep them both. Whitepaw has to admit that Sunnybreeze is very impressive, her blows and fights are perfect, it didn't take her long to master it. But for hunting, she's good but she's still learning. Hunting isn't going very well for her, but fighting is going very well. As they returned back to camp, Flowerstar got out of the den and Dustpelt reported the patrol as Redberry and Foxtail went away to the clearing, talking to each other. "Whitepaw! Look what I caught!" Whitepaw turned around to see Sunnybreeze who was holding a squirrel in her jaws, with her tail high up in the air. She seemed proud of her catch. "Great job, Sunnybreeze." Whitepaw praised her and Sunnybreeze purred in response. Sunnybreeze turned away and put her prey on the fresh-kill pile, Whitepaw watched her did so. She's improving well at hunting, but she could do better. Whitepaw saw Brightpaw and Darkpaw who came back, dragging a soaked wet moss away to the elder's den.

They seemed exhausted and tired, Whitepaw noticed. "Whitepaw! Whitepaw!" Beekit was in front of her, jumping up and down and Barkkit stared at Beekit before imitating him with a smile. Whitepaw looked down at the two young kits. "What is it?" Whitepaw asked them, titling her head in confusion. "Can we have a badger ride pleeease?" Barkkit pleaded, Beekit stared at Whitepaw desperately with his eyes wide, making him look innocent and cute. Whitepaw stared at them, Barkkit imitated his brother and his eyes grew wide too. Whitepaw sighed. "... Alright. Get on my back." Whitepaw said, she crouched down and let Beekit and Barkkit climb onto her back, she winched as one dug his claw into her pelt. When the kits settled, Whitepaw hot up on her paws. Even if Frostpaw is here or not, Whitepaw has still plenty of friends that are willing to talk to her. She will be okay.
______________________________________________

Whitepaw walked alongside her mentor Redberry as they headed away towards the gathering. Whitepaw glanced around the moor, she could see MoonClan cats from distance, they were already at the gathering and waiting for them. As they neared, DawnClan began to settle down on the grass, Flowerstar climbed the rock and greeted Owlstar as they began talking, Fluffytail took a spot beside the rock, giving Shadeclaw a curt nod. Whitepaw could see Badgerpaw who noticed Brightpaw, Badgerpaw's eyes filled with relief and he walked away towards her, staring a conversation. Whitepaw sat down alone, not looking around much. MoonClan will probably be mad at them for accepting in a kittypet and a barn cat. Whitepaw waited a bit until Flowerstar rose up on her paws. "Let the meeting begin!" Flowerstar yowled. The cats settled down and stopped whispering and talking, facing up at their leaders. The leaves on these four trees were falling as well, Whitepaw noticed now. How didn't she see that earlier?

"DawnClan is doing well. We invited two cats in our Clan, they proved their loyalty and they, good at hunting and fighting. Moonpaw, and Sunnybreeze." Flowerstar said, looking down at the two cats who were sitting side by side. The whole Clan broke into talking as they stared at the two cats. "Flowerstar!" Deerspirit role up on his paws and faced the DawnClan leader. "If these cats were brought in DawnClan recently, why does this cat already have a warrior name?" Deerspirit asked, looking at Sunnybreeze. MoonClan cats nodded in agreement by Deerspirit's speech. Flowerstar rose her tail for silence. "I gave Sunnybreeze a warrior name because she was a fast learner and she mastered everything perfectly. There was no reason for her to remain apprentice any longer." Flowerstar said, MoonClan cats mumbled to each other, they didn't look pleased at all. Owlstar twitched his tail, he seemed a little annoyed as well but kept his temper as he looked away. "As you can see, Brightpaw and Darkpaw are back. They went to search for Frostpaw, but unfortunately Frostpaw died." Flowerstar said and shocked gasps came upon the Clan while DawnClan stood silent.

Flowerstar said they have to lie about Frostpaw, if they told MoonClan Frostpaw left, they will call her disloyal they will just start a fight so DawnClan agreed with their leader to keep silent. "That's all." Flowerstar sat down on the rock, giving Owlstar a nod. Owlstar rose up on his paws, his yellow eyes fell upon the Clan's, preparing to speak. "I'm sorry to hear what happened to Frostpaw, Flowerstar. I hope she hunts well in StarClan." Owlstar said as he looked at Flowerstar, Flowerstar dipped her head respectfully in response. "MoonClan also got a new member, please welcome Skypaw." Owlstar said, gazing at the apprentice. Whitepaw followed his gaze and her eyes widened in horror. That's Sky! Whitepaw couldn't believe her eyes, she was frozen in shock. Skypaw cast her a glance before looking away from her, he still seemed mad. "Skypaw is a good apprentice, he's going very well so far, along with the other apprentices." Owlstar said as he looked at Badgerpaw and Shiningpaw. All Whitepaw could stare at was Sky- no, he's Skypaw now. Whitepaw wasn't sure how to feel, but there was definitely one emotion she recognized.

Guilt. She regrets her decisions, she regrets not allowing Skypaw to talk to her leader, she regrets she wasn't more kinder and nicer to him. "That's all." Owlstar announced as he sat back down on the rock, the cats broke into talking and began to congratulate Sunnybreeze and Moonpaw, greeting them and getting to know them on the way. Whitepaw walked over to Skypaw. "Skypaw, I'm sorry-" Whitepaw began but Skypaw lashed his tail in anger. "You're sorry now huh? Last time I checked you didn't care." Skypaw snarled. Whitepaw frowned as her ears flattened in sadness, his words dug deep into her heart and shattering it in pieces, his cold tone triggered her too. "I-I should have let you talk to Flowerstar, I'm so sorry..." Whitepaw said, she tried to take a step forward but Skypaw hissed at her. "Keep your apologies to yourself." Skypaw raised his chin and stared at Whitepaw angrily. "I don't care what you think anymore." Skypaw said, his tail lashing back and fro in anger before he noticed his Clan was leaving. Skypaw bounded after them, not even once looking back.

Whitepaw stood there for a long moment, staring after Skypaw, noticing he wasn't going to turn around to even glance at her, Whitepaw turned around and walked back with her Clan. "Whitepaw? Are you okay?" Leafpaw fell in beside her. Whitepaw sighed, she can't tell Leafpaw about why, she would know that she's been meeting him then. "It's nothing, I'm fine." Whitepaw hurried forward, not looking back at Leafpaw. When they came back to camp, Whitepaw could see Brightpaw who walked over to the nursery and began to tell the kits about the gathering, Darkpaw joined after her too. Leafpaw and Blazeheart were in the medicine cats den, discussing something. Foxtail was talking with Spotbird and Redberry was talking with Dustpelt and Fluffytail. Everyone seemed to be outside, talking before going to sleep.

Whitepaw didn't care, she bounded away towards the apprentices den and laid down in her nest, she could feel her pelt warming up, she didn't notice how cold it got over the past few sunrises. Whitepaw curled into a ball, she was feeling empty, she now knows Skypaw is part of MoonClan and it's all her fault. She could have changed that, and they could still be together, talking to each other but he's in other Clan now, they will never talk again and he doesn't want to ever see her again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 1.2K 50
Sunpaw, Goldleaf, Lightningfeather, Cinderpaw. Slowly CloudClan is flaking apart, and each of these cats have something to hide. As Sunpaw and Cinder...
876 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...
2.3K 71 22
Book 1 in the Warriors: Falling Stars series Series Description: A warriors series set in a time when ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, and ShadowCl...
5.2K 72 20
Arc 1 Book 1 The Clans have lived by the lake for countless seasons and Clan life is how it always has been. A prophecy though is nearing and depend...