Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 12

869 30 25
By FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

As I promised, here's the second chapter from my Easter update! Love you guys! I hope you enjoy! Xoxo

|

|

|

|

|

The Guardians seem dead set on taking me with them but I don't know if I should. Even after all of the crazy stuff that's happened they are still strangers.

You shouldn't go anywhere with strangers, mum taught me very well and I completely understand why. But are they really strangers? I've known them for almost my whole life. I grew up believing in the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus and I bet they've known me for my whole life too.

I wonder if I'm on the nice list or the naughty? Do they still watch over the teenagers who have stopped believing in them? I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't on the list at all. Maybe there is a sub category for epic failures. If so, that's where I'll be and I'd be at the top of that list for sure.

Why are the guardians suddenly so interested in me? I had stopped believing in them a very long time ago. I wish I could have believed in them for longer then I had, I was still too young to stop believing at only five years old.

That's why I'm doing everything in my power to keep Jessica believing in them for as long as possible! I want her to have the things that I never got.

Also, I have no idea how I'm able to see them since I know when I woke up this morning I still didn't believe in them. Though I am very glad that I believe in them again because I would be dead if they didn't save me when they did.

At the moment they've told me that some guy named Pitch Black is after me and they can't explain anything more until we go to the North Pole. So what do I do? Do I stay with my mum and sister and potentially put them in danger because of this Pitch guy or do I go with the Guardians?

They said I was the solution to all of their problems, that they need me to leave with them. Jack risked his life to save me, the least I can do is repay him by doing what they want, and go to the North Pole with them.

'If I go with you' I said slowly to Bunny and Jack. They immediately gave me their full attention. 'Will you promise to explain everythin about what's just happened, who Pitch Black is and why he would be comin afta me? Also will you promise to return me back home without my mum eva expecting I had been gone?' I asked while looking them both dead in the eye.

They looked at each other then looked back at me, then back at each other. Jack was whispering something to Bunny, though I couldn't hear what was being said.

'Ok!' Jack said confidently. 'We will do everything you ask and more. What you don't realise yet is how important you are to us guardians. I can't really say more about it here, but as soon as we are at the North Pole you will know every single detail about the events of today. We will also heal all of your injures.' Jack said reassuringly to me.

'Ok. I'll go with you. I'm guessin you wanna leave now, so what are you plannin to do with my mum?' I asked while watching her bring in the last of the shopping.

Whoops I was meant to help her bring in the heavy stuff. Well I can barley walk so it was probably better if I didn't.

'Damn it!' I heard my mum curse from the kitchen.

'Mum? What is it? What's wrong?' I questioned her.

'Oh, It's just the whole reason I drove two hours to the shops was to pick up Jessica's birthday present and didn't. I was so distracted with buying this month's food I completely forgot! What am I going to do? There isn't enough fuel in the Four Wheel Drive to make another trip.' Mum said while banging her head against the table.

(A/N: A Four Wheel Drive is a large car that is built to drive off the road and through tough terrain)

This might be the perfect excuse to use so I can leave with the guardians.

'Oh! Hey mum, you know what? I just had the best idea! I'll ride down to the shops with Theia and get the present from the post office, and then head strait home. It should only take 3 and a half hours to get there, 1 hour to hunt down the gift and anotha 3 and a half hours home. So only 8 hours in total, and if I'm lucky Joey will be in his warehouse. He might let me hook Theia up to his horse traila and I'll get a ride home with him. So it'll only be 2 hours home but that's only if he's there.' I said excitedly. I've always wanted to ride into town on my own but it's such a long trip mum on a normal occasion would never let me.

Though this isn't a normal occasion so she might let me! Yay!

'Umm, yeah I don't think so.' Mum said, shattering my happy thoughts.

'8 hours is way to long for you to be riding Thiea in this heat. Also I think Joey is still on the road and is on his way home. He'll probably pass our house lata today so he might be having eitha late lunch or dinna with us. That's if he's not in too much of a hurry to get home.' Mum said while digging through her bag, looking for her phone.

'Aw, please! C'mon I can do it! It's Jess's 9th birthday present from 'er dad! She's been waitin for it for weeks now! I want 'er to open it on her birthday! Which by the way is in 4 days! Mum it's for the greata good! I promise I'll be home before sunset and in time for dinna.' I begged.

'Aghh! Fine! But only because that present is too important and It's the only thing she get's from her fatha all year.' Mum said while boiling the jug so she can make a cuppa.

'Yes!!! Awesome, thanks soooo much mummy!' I yelled excitedly while running over to her and kissing her on the cheek.

Ok, ok I know it was a stupid thing to do while I still had glass in my feet but I couldn't help it I was excited.

I walked through the broken back door while unclipping my quiver and removing my bow. I neatly sat them down on the railing of the deck. Bunny and Jack happily followed close behind me. Now that we were alone I could speak freely without my mum hearing.

'Ok, you two wouldn't happen to have some form of transport that could get me into town really fast so I can get this present and then spend the rest of the eight or so hours with you guys? Because Theia has run off to who knows where, it'll take days to track her down and my feet really hurt.' I explained while tieing my hair in a ponytail again.

I had found a new hair tie in the crack of the couch cushions while I was sitting next to Jack. Once again my fringe slipped out and had to tuck it behind my ears. I stood up and slipped on my comfy thongs onto my feet.

(A/N Thongs are Flip Flops. Wow, flip flops is such a weird name for shoes. Lol)

'Of course, I'll have you in the town in a matta of minutes! Just point me in the right direction.' Bunny said with a little too much boasting and enthusiasm.

'Haha, ok then, It's that way. Pretty much a dead strait line for two hours.' I explained while pointing towards the dirt road.

'Right, off we go.' Bunny said while tapping his foot on the hot ground. A large hole opened up beneath us and both Jack and I went tumbling inside.

My eye's were tightly shut and I could hear Jack laughing at my reaction to Bunny's tunnel. We were sliding extremely fast down a soft grassy path when I suddenly felt something cold touch my nose.

I immediately opened my eyes to see blue sparkles, just like the ones Jack used to cheer Jessica up earlier. I looked to my left and saw jack sliding head first down the tunnel next to me. I laughed at his silly behaviour and gave him the biggest smile I could make. I haven't had this much fun in a very long time.

He noticed this and smiled cheekily back at me, continuing to laugh and yell "Woooo!!" while we fell.

There was a flash of blinding sunlight and the tunnel came to a sudden halt, sending Jack and I tumbling out and landing top of each other. We continued to laugh while we stood up and dusted ourselves off.

'That was soooooo much fun!' I yelled while jumping on the spot......

'Ow, I won't do that again.' I awkwardly joked while looking at my feet.

'Ya more than welcome.' Bunny said while chuckling at my excitement.

'So, do you know where we need to go from here?' Jack asked while attempting to rub at the orange dye that stained his chest.

'Mate stop, there's not point. It's not gonna come of with ya just rubbin at it, it's dye' Bunny said while face palming and shaking his head.

'Maybe we can find you a shirt while we're in town, cause I'm gettin sick of seein ya without one.' Bunny said while picking up his pace to catch up with me. I had already started walking towards the main road where the shops were located but stopped in my tracks when Jack grabbed my arm.

'Oi, what are ya doin?' I asked while immediately and forcefully pulling away from him and taking a step backwards. The force I used to pull away sent him tumbling backwards. He used his staff to save himself from falling on his butt.

'Sorry, I wanted to give you a lift. Your feet have been cut to ribbons and it hurts a lot to walk. So please let me carry you until we reach the town.' Jack said with a pleading and apologetic smile. I raised an eyebrow, crossed my arms and leaned on my hip.

'Yeah, I don't think so.' Wow I sound like my mother, or maybe my mother sounds like me.

'I would ratha walk and by the look of ya I hardly doubt you have the muscle and strength to even lift me.' I replied smugly. While turning on my heels and continued to walk down the mildly busy main road.

What I mean by mildly busy is that one lone car passes by every 5-6 minutes.

'What!?' Jack exclaimed while looking down at his slightly chiselled chest. I'm not gonna lie, he's hot, he's got the perfect amount of muscle proportion to his pale skinny body and he would more than definitely be able to carry me.

'Oh I'll show you.' Jack said while sneaking up behind me, but instead he had his staff ripped out of his hands by Bunny.

'She said no. You should leave 'er alone if you know whats good for ya. If she wants to walk, let 'er. All you're gonna end up doin is annoyin her, and in return she'll punch ya in the face. Save yourself the pain of a black eye and listen for once.' Bunny said rather expertly while Jack snatched back his staff and glaring at Bunny for taking it.

'Yeah, Bunny's right I'll punch anyone who gets on my nerves, not only you.' I said with a cheeky smirk while rolling my eyes at the both of them.

'What's your mum's name and who's Joey?' Jack asked me randomly after about three silent minutes of walking through the semi crowded town center. It's a weekend so it doesn't surprise me that there are a few people doing their shopping.

'I'm sorry, what?' I questioned back since he caught me off guard with his sudden random questions about my mum. 'Oh look there's the post office' I said while looking away from Jack and running over to the building.

'It looks pretty busy in there, I might be a little while. Why don't you guys have a look in that opp shop over there while you wait. Jack, you might find a shirt.' I said while pointing to the small shop.

'Umm... What's an opp shop?' Jack asked furrowing his eyebrows and scratching the back of his neck, obviously confused.

Both Bunny and I face palmed.

'It's a second hand shop. You know, a place where people sell pre-owned clothes and items for dirt cheap. Haven't ya eva been in one? There's heaps around here so I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a shirt, and maybe some shoes too.' I said while smiling up at Bunny since he understood what I was trying to say.

'Sure sounds like fun. Bunny? You coming?' Jack asked while walking towards the shop.

'Nah mate, I'm gonna stay here. But you betta have a shirt on when ya come back!' Bunny called to him while following me into the crowded post office.

'Wait! How are ya walkin on the ground! It's so hot the rubba soles of my shoes are meltin and a moment ago they were stickin to the meltin tar on the main road!' I asked walking back over to him.

'Oh simple! I'm just using my powers to freeze a patch of the ground, cooling it down before I step on it. It melts instantly after I walk off it. Clever arn't I?' Jack said sounding a little too proud of himself.

'Aghh, rack off you bloody show pony!' I yelled back at him. Bunny smirked at me and happily followed me back inside that post office.

'Soooo....' I said awkwardly to Bunny who was standing casually beside me in the waiting line. He chuckled and adjusted the leather sash he had slung over his broad fury shoulders and chest. I've never seen anything like him before.

'I'm sorry about what I did to ya earlia. With the whole yellin and callin names and almost shootin ya with an arrow.' I said sheepishly while nervously twirling my fringe in my fingers.

'Naa, It's all good mate. Ya had a good reason for doin it and I don't think ya need to say sorry at all. Hell, I should be thankin ya for steppin in when ya did cause things were gettin a bit nasty. I have no idea what had gotten into me, or why I was actin like that but it won't happen again.' He said while placing his hand on my head and ruffling my hair, messing it up.

'Oi! Stop that! Noooo not the hair!' I giggled while shooing him away from me. 'What's with boys and messing up hair?' I asked while trying to neaten the mess he had just made.

'It's how guys show affection!' Bunny replied while smiling and nudging me forward to the front of the line.

'Next please.' The old lady at the counter called. 'Ahh, Romie! I have't seen you in town for ages! Let me guess, you're here to pick up that package we have for your sister.' The old woman behind the counter happily called out to me.

'Why else would I be two hours away from home and in a post office, Tess?' I joked while smiling at her.

'Aww, I see you haven't changed. Maybe you're here to say hello to an old friend?' She teased. 'Hold on one tick, and I'll go and get your box.' Tess said while walking through the back door, into the storeroom.

'She seems friendly' Jack suddenly spoke from behind, startling both Bunny and I.

'Crikey! Mate don't sneak up us like that.' Bunny exclaimed while jokingly hitting Jack over the back of the head.

'Ow! Sorry I didn't realise you didn't see me. Anyway what do you think?' Jack said while gesturing to his new shirt. It was a light blue plaid with the long sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

'Ooooo! Not bad Frosty!' I said while checking his new shirt out.

'It's a lot betta then that worn out piece of a rag you called a hoodie.' Bunny commented while crossing his arms, pretending the he wasn't interested.

'I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that.' Jack said while also crossing his arms. Slightly mocking his accent.

'Amy' I said drawing the attention of the two squabbling guardians.

'Who's that?' Jack and Bunny asked in unison.

'My mum. Jack you asked what her name was, it's Amy.' I said with a nod.

'Ohh! Yeah I did. I also asked who that Joey guy was? Your mum said something about him stopping at your house for lunch or dinner?' Jack asked.

'Oh, Joey, he's a friend of my mum's. He helps us a lot with the fuel and horse feed he delivers to us each month in his big truck. He also occasionally stops by on his routes and gives us our mail since he drives past my house from the town every few weeks. He's the only one who bothers to help the families that are completely cut off from the town like us. Without the fuel he gives us we wouldn't be able to drive to the shops and buy food, we would starve without it.' I stopped talking while I walked over to the nearby empty waiting seats. Bunny and Jack silently followed, sitting down of either side of me, waiting for me to continue talking.

'He drives for hours at a time and for weeks on end. Through heavy rain storms, floods, hail, sweltering heat and even the dead of night. That's extremely dangerous because you can't see at all and there are often sharp, blind corners that he doesn't see and can't get past because his truck is massive!' I said while looking up at the front counter.

How long does it take for Tess to find one box? Looking back at the boys I noticed they still had their full attention on me. They were both totally engrossed in my ramble about mum's friend and what he does for a living. I continued talking after realising they were both actually waiting patiently for me to keep talking. It was kinda cute, the both of them sitting here listening so hard to something I was telling them.

'Joey, doesn't get a chance to sleep much during his deliveries, so when eva he does a night run and his truck passes our house we let him sleepova and serve him a good dinna since he doesn't get to eat much while he's drivin. If he was to fall asleep while driving he could die! It's not much, but a small act of kindness will go along way and It's saved his life on more then one occasion.

There was a really bad storm a few months back and the dirt road was completely flooded. It was the dead of night when the storm hit and people five or six hours from my house desperately needed his supplies to survive ova the next few days of storming hell. Joey stupidly attempted to drive through the storm, tryin to get to the people who needed him, but he didn't get any furtha than my house. If you didn't know this already but my house is the closest to the town. So when I say my house was as far as he could go, it's really not far at all. The storm was so bad he barely made to my house in one piece!

We offered him shelter from the storm but he was dead set on going back out there. My mum wouldn't let him though, because he would be driving through cyclone strong winds and porin rain in the middle of the dark night. It was a suicide mission and his truck was completely bogged up to the tops of the wheels in mud and wouldn't budge from our driveway. I was out in the porin rain with him for hours tryin to dig it out the next mornin.

That's why Joey and I paved the driveway with concrete, just in case somethin happens again. Oh, and there was a large hole from where the truck had been stuck, it needed to be fixed.' I finally finished talking just as the old woman walked out with my package.

A/N

Hey, hey!

Wow this chapter ended up being super long! I went 1000+ words over my normal chapter limit. I hope you guys liked it! Consider it an Easter present.

So you've now met Joey! He's awesome. What do ya think about Jack's new temporary plaid hoodie/shirt?

Do you think it's cute how Romie has both Bunny and Jack's full attention?

In the next chapter there is gonna be a little bit more talking (I promise it's about Jessica!) And after this, I am planning to go back into the crazy action scenes.

Thank you for reading and voting!

Sorry about any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

!!!!!!! HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 220 26
THIS IS BASED OFF OF MY ONESHOTS I MADE WITHIN MY "CARTOONS X READER ONESHOTS" BOOK!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! 💜 From the Man in the Moon, he grants bei...
927 80 15
Pitch is back with one thing on his mind: Revenge. And his anger will be taken out on a certain Frost who had ruined everything for him. He knows hur...
55K 1.6K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...
209K 5.9K 11
After 10 years, Pitch Black returns and there is just one thing on his mind. Jack Frost. He will stop at nothing to get the boy on his side. No matte...