Time and Time Again [Disconti...

By T1m3W4RP

Two friends out of time meet each other once more on the streets of New York with another threat to both worl... More

QUICK A/N READ TO NOT BE CONFUSED
1: The Move
2: Arrival at America
3: New House, New Neighbors
4: They're Playing Mythomagic and Saving a Puppy
5: The Dinner Invite
6: School and Problems
7: Birthday!
8: The Lightning Bolt
9: No Peace for You
10: A Bird and a Tin Can Learn Mythomagic
11: Doctor's Orders and Newspapers
12: Journey to New York. Again. And a Brief Encounter
14: Morning's are Terrible and Day Offs are Sometimes Nice
15: Don't Blame Us! Blame The Laestrygonian!
16: We're Lying to A Pirate and a Hero Group
17: Training Assessment
18: Getting Settled In
19: Asking a God for Permission to Stop Lying
20: Using a Favor for a Kid
21: Informing Friends On Stuff That Went Down
22: More Questions and Mission Debriefs
23: The Actual Mission
24: Mission Ends and Questions Kind Of Get Answered
25: Four Demigods and a Satyr Hold a Press Conference
26: The Message From the Creepy People
27: Welcome to Camp Half Blood Mortals
28: Exploring and Getting Ready
Monster Fighting 101
Fury Gets a Message
Lunch And a Visit To The Doctor's
The Company Arrives

13: Smithsonian and a Kinda Sleepover?

4K 139 73
By T1m3W4RP

"Why is it $1.50 to get into a museum?" Jason grumbled, having paid 3 dollars for him and Nico to get in. "I guess it's one way to keep this giant history book running." Nico said absentmindedly, making Jason snort.

"Guess everyone wanted to see the American fish stick because from what I remember, tickets to a museum were only ¢50." Jason said, trying to stifle his laughter. Nico gave a small smirk. "Guess so." They asked the person at the ticket booth where the Captain America exhibit was.

"Off to the right. You should see two very patriotic flags." Jason thanked the person and pulled on Nico's sleeve. When they got into the exhibit, they started walking around and reading the plaques, specifically on how he's still alive.

"So the serum in his body kept him alive in this cryofreeze state thing?" Jason read aloud softly. "I mean, it's on the plaque so probably."

"I wonder how he's holding up?" Jason asked, ignoring Nico's remark. "Probably very badly." Jason glanced at Nico. "How so?"

Nico shrugged. "I mean, when the wars were over I tried to learn 21st century stuff and let's just say I don't know the difference between a TV and a phone." Jason raised an eyebrow. "Really? I haven't been near technology since birth and even I know the difference."

Nico gave him a stink eye. "Well I'm from the 30's so I have a free pass." Jason just rolled his eyes and headed over to the next exhibit. "There's a bunch of TV's here. I wouldn't be shocked if a monster attacked us out of nowhere."

"So that's a TV." Jason looked at him weirdly. "You were serious about that?" Nico shot him a look. "I don't joke Grace."

"Duly noted."

They roamed around the room for an hour until they got to the exhibit showing Pre-serum Steve and Post-serum Steve.

"Holy crap, he looked like that?" Jason said, pointing at the Pre-serum Steve pictures flickering across the screen. "It looks like him doesn't it?" Nico said, fidgeting with his compass once again.

"I mean, if that type of serum can change a dude as scrawny as Leo, if not scrawnier, then I'm not shocked that he survived 70 years in ice without getting hypothermia." Nico mentally facepalmed.

"Didn't you read the exhibit earlier? It said that the serum made it so that he couldn't get sick, drunk, or feel insignificant pains like bruises so being stuck in ice kind of just slowed the process of his body. Not getting hypothermia was just an added bonus."

"I'm sorry I forgot. Still processing the fact that this man used to be a stick figure." Nico rolled his eyes. "Did you know the guy back then? It says here that he was born during the 1920's. Maybe he was on a poster or something." Nico shrugged. "If I did, I don't remember." Obviously, it was a blatant lie but Jason didn't know that.

They kept walking 'til they reached the Howling Commandos exhibit. "Captain Steve Rogers led the Howling Commandos, a group of soldiers hand-picked by Captain America himself. Sadly, one of them was lost on a mission. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes of the 107th infantry regiment, childhood friend of Captain Rogers died valiantly during a mission to eradicate H.Y.D.R.A." Jason read aloud.

"Why in the name of Zeus's beard did they name an organization after a multi-headed monster?" Jason asked, giving the plaque an incredulous look. "I thought they tried killing an actual hydra honestly." Said Nico, shrugging.

"Let's try learning about this 'Bucky' person." Nico nodded. He planned on telling someone, probably Jason or Hazel. He started fidgeting with the necklace once again, pulling it out of his pocket. "Hey, question, where'd you get the necklace?"

Nico looked at Jason who was walking towards the Childhood and Journey to War exhibit. "A friend from back then gave it to me." Jason looked at him. "Cool. How does it still look shiny?" Nico shrugged. "I never polished it so I have no idea."

"Maybe it's because of your dad's domain? Y'know, with him being the god of riches and such." Nico shrugged again. "Maybe." When they reached the exhibit, Jason headed to the plaque about his childhood. "Bucky Barnes has been with Captain America since they were mere children. Poor kid, got named Captain America."

Nico gave him a small shove. "Hey! I'm just joking. Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes, and another boy would always stick together. The unknown boy was reported dead during the late 1930's along with his sibling but before those times the three of them would roam the streets of Brooklyn. So he's a Brooklyn boy. I wonder who the other dead kid is? Nico?"

Nico stiffened at the mention of him on the plaque. It wasn't direct but he knew it was him. He was the only other boy in their friend group. Why didn't they mention Mandy? Did something happen when he and Bianca left? A pair of hands clapped in front of his face, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Nico, are you okay?" Nico nodded slowly. "We should leave if you feel unwell." He shook his head. "Nope, we're leaving. I don't want you to collapse in a public place." Jason led Nico out of the room and onto a nearby bench.

"Here." Jason held out his water bottle. Nico absentmindedly took it and took a small sip. "Are you okay now?" He nodded. "Thanks." Jason gave him a soft smile. "No problem. We should head over to Percy's now if we're staying."

Nico nodded and they set off to the Jackson apartment.

~~~~~(pov change :D)~~~~~

"Percy, can you set up the guest room?" Sally asked her eldest who was playing with his little sister. "Why?" He asked back. "Chiron said that Jason and Nico might be staying over for a few days."

That explained the two duffel bags that arrived earlier via Hermes Express.

Percy headed over to the small guest room in their apartment, Estelle in his arms. "Your big brother has visitors over alright? So be a good little girl and help big brother clean the guest room okay?" She gurgled happily which Percy took as an okay.

Upon entering the room, the two were immediately met with dust bunnies and lint landing on their heads. "No, don't try and eat it please." Percy said, coaxing Estelle to let go of the dust bunny clutched in her hand.

After that, he placed her down on the desk and started airing the place out. Thankfully, there was a window right beside the bed. Unfortunately though, it was stuck. "Gods, how long has this window been shut?" He said aloud, struggling to push it open.

After a few attempts and a little baby oil he nabbed from the shelf, he got it open. "Nice, wanna help remove the dust from the blanket Stelle?" She sneezed, making her brother pull a small face. "Guess that's a no." He picked her up and placed her in the baby buggy.

Y'know those things parents put their babies in that help them walk. Those. I have no idea what they were actually called.

"Mom, Estelle's in the baby buggy if you wanted to know." Percy yelled. He headed back to the guest room. After an entire hour of dusting, the room was relatively clean. Percy went to their airing cupboard and pulled out an extra blanket and pillow.

"Percy? Where are you bringing those?" Asked his mother, who was writing something on a piece of pad paper. "To the guest room. I don't think that Nico and Jason would like to sleep with each other so, yeah." Sally nodded in understanding.

Percy placed the extra stuff on the desk chair and went back into the living room to pick up their duffel bags. Right after he placed the bags down, a mist appeared in front of him.

"An IM?" Percy said aloud, straightening his posture. When the IM materialized and cleared up, it showed Hazel and Frank in the 5th legion barracks. "Hi Percy!" Greeted Frank.

"Heya Frank, Hazel. Why'd you call?" Percy asked. "Can't we just call to say hello?" Hazel said. "And use a prism at a certain angle, and waste a drachma that might I add, are very scarce in the legion."

"Fine, you got me." Percy grinned. "Well, I heard from Reyna who told Frank who told me, that-" Hazel said until she was interrupted. "Is that Percy?" Yelled Dakota in the back.

"Yes it is! Wanna say hi?" Frank yelled back. Percy chuckled. "Hi Percy!" Said Dakota, approaching the IM. "Hey Dakota." Dakota waved his canteen, hearing the slosh of presumably Kool-aid, and left the view of the IM.

"Jeez, we need to have a small reunion." Hazel said jokingly. "Haha, yeah we do. Anyways, what were you saying?" Said Percy, trying to get the conversation back on track.

"Oh right! Well, long story short, I heard that Nico's staying over at your place with Jason." Percy nodded. "Can you tell him to call? I wanted to call but I was scared that he might be in public." Percy chuckled. "And you didn't assume that I was?" Hazel blushed. "I took a wild guess."

"Frank! Hazel! There's a bunch of Cyclopses at the edge of the Tiber!" Yelled a demigod from outside the barracks. "Can't get a break." Grumbled Frank. "Say hi to the rest of the 5th legion for me and good luck with the Cyclopses." Said Percy, waving goodbye. "Bye Percy!" Hazel said as she swiped through the mist.

"I should write that down." Percy said aloud to himself, heading to the living room and picking up a pen and paper, writing down a reminder to remind Nico.

~~~~~change in pov :D~~~~~

"Why can't you just fly us there." Whined Nico. "Because we're in public and I'm not sure what the mortals are gonna think if I fly off with a tiny Italian in my arms screaming bloody murder. Besides, why can't you just shadow travel us?" Jason retorted.

"First of all, fair and second, have you not seen how scarce dark shadows are? It's sunset and the lights are turning on." Nico retorted back.

They continued on with the friendly banter until they arrived at the apartment complex. "Wait, does Percy's stepdad know about us?" Jason said, stopping on the stairs. "Yes he knows now c'mon." Nico said, tugging on Jason's sleeve.

"Ow, alright, I'm going." Jason said, hands up and walking up the stairs. "Why are we at Percy's though?" Jason shrugged. "Free food and sleeping quarters. Pretty sure none of us wanted to pay for a motel. I'm actually not sure if we can now that I think about it."

Nico internally face palmed. "I could just shadow travel us back and forth y'know?" Jason looked a bit sheepish. "Yeah, well I didn't want Will on my ass for making you shadow travel."

"C'mon, he's not that bad right?" Jason shuddered, making Nico raise an eyebrow.

"I was rhyming for 2 weeks straight because I jokingly dared Leo to stay still on the lava wall and see if he couldn't get burned. Will said he didn't need any more patients in the case that he did get burned and it was a learning experience apparently." Jason said bitterly. Nico let out a small laugh. "That's Will I guess."

"Hey, we're here." Nico said, nudging Jason who was about to climb the next flight of stairs. "Oh." Jason said softly. Nico knocked on the door to see Sally carrying baby Estelle.

"Hi Mrs. Jackson." Said Jason, giving her a small side hug. "Hello Jason, and please, call me Sally."

"Sorry Mrs. Jackson, I'm just used to that." Sally gave him a fond smile. "Well don't just stand there, come in." Jason nodded, entering the apartment. "Hi Estelle." He cooed while she tried reaching for his glasses.

"Hi Mrs. Jackson." Nick said shyly, standing on his toes to give her a peck on the cheek. "Hi Estelle." He greeted, giving her a peck as well. "Hi Nico, it's been a while hasn't it?" He just nodded, gently pinching Estelle's cheek.

"You can carry her inside if you'd like." Sally said, gently offering Nico to carry Estelle. Nico accepted, carrying Estelle like a fragile porcelain doll. Nico hates human contact. He really does. But when you see Estelle, you'll see that even a heart made of Stygian Ice melts.

Together, they walked in while Sally closed the door, the smell of cookies wafting into their noses.

"Jason!" Yelled Percy from the living room upon seeing the blonde. "Hey Perce, how's college at New Rome?" Percy made a face, making Jason snort. "Real nice from what I'm seeing." Nico said, sarcasm evident.

"Heya Nico! And it's not like that. Marine biology is nice but not when I have homework." Percy said, pouting a little. "I rest my case." Nico said, giving a small bow making Estelle giggle at the action.

"You brought Stelle." Percy said, approaching Nico and ruffling his hair. Nico was around Percy's chin which made looking up to him easier than it would have been. Slapping his hand away was easier as well. "Ow." Percy said, shaking his hand slowly.

"Back away amico. Don't touch my hair." Nico said, glaring. "What does that mean?" Jason asked, now sitting on the couch. "It means don't touch my hair."

"He meant the 'ay-mee-cou' thing." Percy said, now prying Estelle away from Nico gently. "Oh, it's Italian for friend. And it's 'Amico' not, whatever you said earlier"

Jason just nodded while Percy put Estelle in the baby buggy. "Percy, can you show them where they'll be sleeping?" Sally yelled from the kitchen, the smell of tomato sauce getting stronger.

"Sure! Follow me." Percy said, walking towards the guest room. Nico and Jason trailed behind.

"Dusty." Nico said upon entering the room. "Yeah, well we barely get any actual visitors that stay overnight so yeah." Jason just shrugged and plopped on the bed. "Oh! By the way, Hazel wanted you to call." Percy said, pointing a finger gun at Nico.

"Thanks for reminding me." Percy smiled. "No problem. Just tell me when you wanna call so I can make a mist." After Percy left the room, Nico plopped down on the bed right beside Jason.

"Which duffel bag's yours?" Jason asked, nodding his head towards the bags to his left. "I dunno. Just rummage through I guess." Nico said, gesturing for a duffel bag to be pulled towards him to which Jason obliged.

They both unzipped the bags and started checking if it's theirs or the other's. "This one's mine. There's a small machine Leo made me." Jason said, pulling out said machine. It was an improved version of the helicopter Leo made during the Grand Canyon field trip.

"Great because it would be weird if I found things I shouldn't have seen." Nico said, zipping up his duffel bag. "Nothing weird in my bag, unlike yours. I know very well that your bag is filled with empty iced coffee bottles."

"Shit." Nico whispered under his breath. "I heard that which means, I'm not wrong." Jason said, standing up and placing his bag on the floor, kneeling beside it. "Oh, go to the crows Grace." Nico said, full-on glaring at Jason.

"Yeah, yeah. We should get set up. Pick out your clothes for tomorrow and set them on the desk. I'll sleep on the floor." Jason said, taking out clothes from his bag and throwing them onto the desk.

"At least place it properly Jason, jeez." Nico said, straightening out the shirt and pants he threw onto the desk. "Sorry, that's usually how I prepare clothes for the day."

Nico quirked an eyebrow. "An ex-Roman praetor prepares his clothes like a 5-year-old? How interesting." Jason tossed a wooly piece of fabric at Nico, making him chuckle. "I was gonna fix it afterwards but I guess not."

"Well, I have my clothes. Choose yours Di Angelo." Jason said, straightening up and grabbing the blanket and pillows on the chair and placing them on the cleanest patch of floor.

Nico opened his bag and started looking through all his fabrics. When his hand brushed something metallic he paused. Why was that here? Didn't he hide it under the bed?

There was a note on top of the box when he pulled it out. "I thought you'd appreciate it if you had your prized possessions." It was written in elegant but scrawny handwriting. Nico knew who it came from and decided to put the note inside the box.

He opened the box and placed the note inside. He internally debated whether he should take out the beret or not. "Gods how is this still in good shape?" Asked Nico aloud, squinting his eyes to get a better look at the beret.

"What's in good shape?" Jason asked, heading over, having set up his sleeping area. "This beret a friend gave me..." Nico said softly, looking inside for signs of loose threads or holes. "It looks really good for a beret from the 30's." Jason said.

"Mm..." Nico just hummed in answer. He didn't see any holes which was a good sign. "Well?"

"Well what, Grace?" Jason gestured at the beret. "Are you gonna wear it tomorrow or what?" Nico looked at his beret, turning it in his hands carefully. "Maybe..."

"Hey you guys, Paul's home and dinner's ready. It's Bolognese if you're wondering. Nice beret Neeks." Percy said, peeking his head from behind the doorway and leaving as soon as he delivered his mother's message.

"Choose your clothes Neeks, then we can go have Mrs. Jackson's very delicious spaghetti and hopefully, some cookies afterwards."

Word count: 2971
I wanna know what Sally's blue cookies taste like :,)
If you guys have a recipe for the cookies, can you comment the link if it's a YT video? I wanna try baking it. Ty :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 792 16
What will happen when Percy and Annabeth becomes the heirs of Chaos? What happens when they meet the Avengers? What happens when Avengers try to capt...
1M 25.5K 24
A few days after the giant war, Percy is alone in the world. A week out of Tartarus, EVERYONE is gone... all because of Gaia. Now a group of "super h...
432K 9.2K 22
Whelp, I had a good description once upon a time, but then I was hacked. Basically, Percy meets the Avengers and the result is a fun rollercoaster of...
181K 3.5K 31
WARNING! I wrote this more than a year ago, this This story is not purely texting, there is a slight cliche plot. Actually, its a VERY CLICHE plot. L...