Painless

By drawing-5sos

"There's nothing you could do that would hurt me." © drawing-5sos 2015, all rights reserved. Credit to @ashto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 9

2.3K 77 48
By drawing-5sos

It's been three days since I got into that fight with Luke and every day since we were forced to sit together in a room and try to make something work about singing. My swollen cheek is almost like nothing happened to it and that's good because I don't think I could hide it from my mum anymore.

I talked Hannia into letting me come over to her place today after school because she wasn't present today, she's sick. She said she'll take care of her parents.

I was at the end of my last period now and the bell rings just as I want to check the time on my phone. I collect my books and my backpack and am one of the first people to leave the classroom.

I walk through the hallway towards my detention room when I see Michael approaching me. His head is bowed down to the floor and he's frowning, something he'd always do when he was angry.

"Yo, Mike." I yell to bring his attention and he walks over to me. "What's up?"

"Stupid Coleman. He suspended me because he saw me giving him the finger." Michael groans and I can't help but chuckle slightly, getting serious quickly after or else Michael would get annoyed with me and leave.

"Why does that guy hate us?" I ask rhetorically. I don't think it's ever been a week without one of us having some sort of problems with him.

Michael shakes his head, still looking at the floor. His face is absolutely furious, his lips are pressed in a thin line and his eyes have never been darker. I can tell that he's getting sick of it.

"Are you upset because of your mum?" I ask, knowing that his mum gives him a lot of shit just as it is. God forbid Michael did something wrong, it would only be worse.

"I don't even want to go home." Michael groans. Michael always tells me everything about the situation with his mum and I'm glad he does. At one point she was yelling and if he hadn't run upstairs it could've gotten physical.

"You can stay at my place, but I'm going over to Hannia's so you'll be on your own." I suggest, knowing my mum wouldn't mind having Michael over. He's been my friend for as long as I can remember.

"Oh, Hannia?" Michael's head pops up from the floor and his mood seems the slightest bit enlightened. "Are you two a thing now or what?"

I inhale and exhale loudly, thinking about what I could tell him. "Not really. We're just hanging out." I shrug, purposely missing the part where I really like her.

"Yeah, right." Michael scoffs, laughing. I knew he wouldn't believe me, he knows me too well. "So, I can come over after school?"

"Yeah, totally. I'd stay but Hannia's sick and I kinda... want to go there." I scratch the back of my head, it not meaning anything though, slightly embarrassed. I'm probably blushing.

"No! No." Michael snaps suddenly. "No, go. Just go there, seriously." Michael talks a bit louder than before and I look at him confusedly.

"O-kay..." I smile, eyeing Michael and trying not to laugh at his reaction.

"Just make sure her dad isn't home." Michael smirks, probably remembering me telling him about the almost incident on Saturday.

"Got it. See you at my place then, alright? I don't want to be late to detention and get an extra hour with that jerk." I start walking past Michael and he nods, waving at me.

I get into the classroom and sit on a chair, Luke being on the opposite side, neither of us saying anything. It's been like this every day since we got this detention, we'd just sit here and glare at each other.

Mrs. Hemmings comes inside a few minutes after me to see if we're here. She writes our names down and leaves, making us have to tolerate each other for a whole hour.

I take out my phone and decide to text Hannia, not bothering to start getting something done with Luke. Just as I'm about to write the message, Luke's voice stops me.

"We could actually start doing something." He suggests quietly, me still being able to hear the bitterness in his voice. He was actually trying to say something without cocky comments and insults. Huh.

"You can start." I answer arrogantly as I look up from my phone and at him. I don't care that he suddenly wants to sing-song with me, I can barely see him and not punch his stupid smirk. How am I supposed to sit next to him and learn some boring lyrics?!

Luke scoffs, not believing my answer. He looks to the side and bows his head, knowing I've given up on this thing.

After half an hour I text Hannia, telling her I'll be there in 15 minutes. Luke and I didn't say a word after that tiny conversation at the start and when the detention was about to end he stood up and walked out of the classroom. I let out a sigh and leave as well, ready to go to Hannia's.

When I'm finally there I don't bother knocking since she said she would take care of her parents. I just barge inside and walk through the hallway towards the living room.

I see a brown haired head hanging down from one side of the couch and hear some songs coming from the tv. I take a few steps forward and peek at the tv, realizing what she's watching.

"The Lion King. Classic." I say once I'm standing behind her couch and Hannia jumps up, startled. She looks at me, quickly sits up and reaches for the remote to press pause.

"Calum!" She yells and sniffs afterwards. "You scared me."

"Sorry." I smile sympathetically. "I texted you saying I'll be here in 15 minutes."

"I didn't hear my phone." Hannia smiles and I take a seat on the couch, pushing numerous blankets wrapped around Hannia towards her. I grab both edges of the blanket and wrap it around Hannia's feet.

"Thanks for coming." Hannia's voice is muffled.

She's looking at me with most of her face hidden under the hem of the blanket. I frown confusedly, tilting my head. "Why are you hiding?"

"I'm not wearing make up. And I'll get you sick." Hannia coughs slightly, shutting her eyes. She's so cute and so sick.

"Oh, please!!" I yell sarcastically, not believing what I've just heard. "I'm never wearing make up and I still show my ugly face to everyone." I joke and Hannia starts laughing just to start coughing a second later. "And I don't mind being sick. At least I won't spend most of my day at school and ISS."

Hannia laughs and sniffs loudly a second after. "I'm so disgusting, I'm sorry." She slowly pulls the blanket off of her face and takes a tissue.

I smile. "No, you're not."

"If you don't think I am then you're weird." Hannia blows her tiny nose and throws the tissue on the table.

"Or you just aren't disgusting." I raise one eyebrow, making Hannia laugh. I take her feet and put them on my thighs, allowing her to stretch.

"Where did your parents go?" I ask, wanting to know the approximate amount of time I've got to stay here.

"To my grandma's. I told them I'm sick and want to sleep and both of them talk so loudly they're making my head hurt, so they left." Hannia smiles proudly at her made up lie and I chuckle.

"Do you want me to get you something?" I offer, wanting to get myself some water.

"Could you please make me some tea, if it's no problem?" She asks quietly and makes an adorably sick yet cute expression and suddenly I get the need to hug her. I stare blankly at her, more startled by my thoughts than anything else. Before I get my head together, Hannia speaks again.

"Or not?" She asks confusedly, probably thinking my confused expression was caused by her question about tea.

"No, no! Of course, I'll make you tea." I shake my head and stand up, walking into the kitchen. Her kitchen is huge but I remember some stuff from when we were making chicken nuggets so I manage decently quickly.

When I'm done making the tea I walk back into the living room just to find Hannia asleep on the couch. Her face is covered by her hair and her mouth is opened because her nose is probably stuffed.

I put the tea on the table in front of the couch she's laying on and bow down to remove the hair from her face with my finger, looking at her beautiful, peaceful face. Hannia flinches and opens her eyes, sitting up as soon as she realizes she fell asleep.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry." She rubs her eyes with her hands. "I'm so embarrassing."

"Don't worry." I smile as I sit where I sat before. "You can sleep if you want to, I can just watch television."

Or watch you.

"No, no." Hannia shakes her head and puts her legs on my thighs like we sat before. I put my hands on top of her legs and start making small strokes in order to get her legs warm, even though I have no idea if she's cold or if I'm helping.

"Do you want to drink the tea or should it cool off first?" I ask, looking at Hannia's sleepy eyes.

"No, I don't want it now." Hannia coughs. "Tell me weird facts about you." She then suddenly changes the subject and I look at her, smiling.

"What?" I ask, hoping she would clear it up a bit for me.

"Come on. Let me go first to give you an example." Hannia shifts in her spot and taps her pointer finger on her chin. "Okay. When I was born I had blonde hair but it was my first born hair and it fell out. Since then my hair is dark brown."

My eyes widen. "You? Blonde?" I ask, not able to imagine Hannia as a blonde.

"Mhm." Hannia nods, sniffing afterwards. "Your turn."

I think about it for a second. What's a weird fact about me? "I once accidentally made my friend think I'm gay and he tried to kiss me." I laugh at the memory of the awkward situation between me and Jacob a few months ago.

"What?" Hannia blurts out loudly, laughing. She puts her hand on her mouth and starts coughing and laughing at the same time, me debating on wether or not I'm supposed to do something to help her. "How did you managed to do that?"

"He came out to me and I was too positive, I guess." I shrugged, laughing. "I said gay people are sometimes so much better friends than the straight people that I'd even want to be one and he took that as a hint. It wasn't a hint." I start laughing as I realize it's actually pretty dumb funny. "It ended up okay though, we laugh about it now."

"Have you ever made out with a guy?" Hannia then asks curiously, taking me off guard.

I look at her, surprised. "No, I haven't." I admit. "Have you ever made out with a girl?"

"Nope." Hannia puts her chin up in the air. "Are you a virgin?" She asks, making me turn completely towards her and raise an eyebrow.

"I'm not." I smirk, not knowing where this is going.

"Me neither." Hannia smiles and for a second I don't react. I didn't expect that she wasn't a virgin. I mean, I never actually thought about it, but I always thought of her as an innocent, cute girl.

"Oh, no?" I ask.

"Nope. How was your first time?" Hannia takes the blankets off of herself and I conclude she's probably hot. She pushes the blankets towards me and this is when I notice she's wearing extremely short shorts. I can't help but stare at her legs a bit before looking up at her.

"Um... It was stupid." I admit, remembering the useless time spent in that room at a party with the girl I didn't even know.

"Oh? Mine was amazing." Hannia says surprisedly and I start laughing. What she's saying isn't actually funny but talking about this with her and her being so straight forward about it keeps taking me off guard. "Why was yours stupid?"

"Because I felt nothing." I shrug and roll my eyes. I don't know why I even went there with that girl. I knew nothing would happen.

Hannia's jaw falls down as she realizes. "Oh my God." She starts laughing hysterically. "I'm so sorry for laughing." She grabs my upper arm as she laughs again. "You couldn't get turned on?" She then asks and my image of the innocent and cute Hannia is now gone. This is weirdly fun.

"I could, I still found the girl attractive and that did the job. I just didn't realize it. I felt nothing. I couldn't... um... come." I start laughing and I'm sure I'm blushing. I've never talked about this with someone but Hannia's positivity about this makes me want to tell her just so I could hear her laugh.

If I told anyone that I can't feel sexual pleasure they would probably give me sympathy and I don't want that. I just want to joke about it like I'm doing with Hannia.

Or am I wrong. Maybe I'm wrong. Everyone would find that funny.

Hannia starts laughing loudly as she holds her stomach. "I'm so sorry." She manages to say in between breaths and coughs and I shake my head, laughing with her. Her laugh only is making me smile.

We spend the next two hours randomly talking and keep telling each other weird facts about ourselves. I find out she once cut bangs by herself and that she looked like a scarecrow. I also find out that one of her thumbs is longer than the other one. She says that's disgusting but I just find it unique.

Just as I'm coming back from the kitchen with the second bowl of chips, Hannia's phone rings. I sit next to her on the couch and she picks up.

"Yeah, dad?" She asks and I put a handful of chips in my mouth. I try to chew as silently as I can.

"I don't know. Maybe just for headache." She shrugs at her father's question, probably about what painkillers she needs.

"Oh, in five minutes? Already?" Hannia looks at me with wide eyes and I know what that means. "Okay, bye." She hangs up and I stand up from the couch.

"They're coming in five minutes." She stands up as well and watches me put on my Vans.

"It was nice taking care of you." I smile once my shoes are on and we walk towards the door. We stop there and both turn towards each other.

Hannia's hair is messy and her nose is red from all the tissues she's used. Her long, beautiful legs are revealed due to her shorts and one of her bare feet is up on the other, giving out the cute, nerdy posture. She looks extremely adorable like this.

"Thanks for putting up with me." Hannia grins widely and I just nod, looking at her face. She then sniffs loudly, making me chuckle.

"Commere." I wiggle my fingers in my direction, telling her to come forwards. She confusedly takes a few steps towards me and I hug her, putting my palm on the back of her head and my other arm around her back, holding her close.

I don't know what I'm doing. I've never hugged anyone. I've never felt the need to hug anyone. I never felt so peaceful about something.

Hannia gets out of the hug a few seconds later and looks at me, smiling. Her cheeks are flushed and I realize I've made her blush.

"See you tomorrow at school?" I suggest, a bit distracted by what's happened.

"Okay." Hannia answers with the same amount of distraction but still smiles happily. I open the front door and start walking down her porch, waving at her and seeing her smile one last time before I start walking home.

__

A/N: I got inspiration and decided I'd write this okay I hope it's okay is it is it alright okay let me know lol ly

Continue Reading