A Mischievous Gutsy Girl.

By Ishi_Ishu

Note : *This is not a love story.* This story is a long story having many stories hidden in it which are inte... More

Author's Note.
*ATTENTION*
Chapter. 1 'Hi I'm Nish!'
Chapter 2. "HELLO!"
Chapter 3. 'Look at me! I'm your youngest sister!'
Chapter 4. 'Hi........Dad!'
Chapter 5. 'The Emergency Meeting!'
Chapter 6. "Friends?!"
Chapter 7. Skimble Skamble Blunder!šŸ™„
Chapter 8. Party?!
Chapter 9. Cold Shoulders.
Chapter 10. 'They Hardly Talk.'
Chapter 11. 'Miss Chhabra and family!'
Chapter 12. Shouts and Giggles.
Chapter 13. 'School or College?!'
Chapter 14. 'Introduction and Mitesh Sir!'
Chapter 15. 'Nishi Khurrana, is also a bully?!'
Chapter 16. 'Vardhan Sir!'
Chapter 17. 'Life Lesson.'
Chapter 18. 'Lover or Criminal?!'
Chapter 19. 'Little Love Secrets.'
Chapter 20. 'A Challenge or A Mission?'
Chapter 21. Revealing of a Hidden Criminal!
Chapter 22. 'Emergency?!'
Chapter 23. 'His old wound.'
Chapter 24. 'Popcorn Show in the Canteen!'
Chapter 25. 'Sorry Champ!'
Chapter 26. 'Hit Song!'
Chapter 27. 'The Talk!'
Chapter 28. 'Trap and Catch.'
Chapter 29. 'Cute Apology Letter!'
Chapter 30. 'Celebrating Old Bonds!'
Chapter 31. 'THAAP!'
Chapter 32. 'The Letter.'
Chapter 33. 'Quiet Days.'
Chapter 34. 'The Ride of Guilty Rollercoaster.'
Chapter 35. 'Waiting. . .'
Chapter 36. 'The Tiring Night!'
Chapter 37. 'The Shocking Train!'
Chapter 38. 'Vihaan and Manav's Cheating!'
Chapter 39. 'The Web of Lies.'
Chapter 40. 'The Unknown Watch and The Red Lines of Oscilloscope.'
Chapter 41. 'His Confession.'
Chapter 42. "How do you know her?"
Chapter 43. 'The Elders' Hidden Conspiracy.'
Chapter 44. 'The Chaos of Little Lies.'
Chapter 45. 'Home . . .an unearthly feeling.'
Chapter 46. 'Dicussing The Odds On A Queer Evening.'
Chapter 47. 'Giggles Of A Mushy Talk.'
Chapter 48. 'The Mother's Mistake.'
Chapter 49. 'A Little Interrogation and The Slip Of Tongue.'
Chapter 50. 'A Little Get Together.'
Chapter 51. 'The Dumb Charades and The Talking Eyes.'
Chap 52. 'The Secret Of The World Tour.'
Chapter 53. 'The Damage of Lies.'
Chapter 54. 'Plans.'
Chapter 55. Unknown cell*
Chapter 56. 'Because Love Is Never Enough...'
Chapter 57. 'One Blabbering Evening.'
Chapter 58. 'The Attack of Masked Men.'
Chapter 59. 'He will be fine!'
Chapter 60. 'A Long Night . . .'
Chapter 61. 'Professionals' Party?!'
Chapter 62. 'The Ice Cream Man!'
Chaoter 63. 'The Cat Fight and The Cat Coffee.'
Chapter 64. 'Drinking Habits and The Soft Gaze.'
Chapter 66. 'The Moment He Hates The Most.'
Chapter 67. 'Little-Big Plans.'
Chapter 68. 'The Mystery of Staring Eyes.'
Chapter 69. 'The Secret Talk in the Study Room.'
Chapter 70. 'The Dawn Before The Fall.'
Chapter 71. 'Little Talks.'
Chapter 72. 'The Voices In Her Head.'
Chapter 73. 'The Meet and The Inner Battles.'
Chapter 74. 'The Chit-Chat During The Inner Shakiness.'
Chapter 75. 'The Dark Reality.'
Chapter 76. 'The Whirlpool of Emotions.'
Chapter 77. 'Flirty-Angry-Running Hearts.'
Chapter 78. 'Acidity, Attitude and Agony.'
Chapter 79. 'Angry Hearts.'
Chapter 80. 'The Woman With Dark and Thundering Cloudy Cheeks.'
Chapter 81. 'Get-Together Goes Wrong.'

Chapter 65. 'Back to School.'

326 27 18
By Ishi_Ishu

Author :

Continuing from where we left.

Thank you!
Happy reading!
:)

• • •

At the College 🏫 :

"They are fans, Sir." The officer says making Nishi look at Vihaan boringly who was smiling.

"But no worries, Sir. We are here to take Ma'am in there safely. Kabir Sir increased the security." The officer says.

"If that's the case then I'm coming with you." Vihaan says opening the car door but Nishi stops him saying, "Naah! I can handle. It's okay. Moreover, the security is already increased here. So, chill!"

He looks at her unsurely and back at the group of officers joining the two officers making a human chain to let the teenager go in safely. The two officers nod assuringly making Vihaan nod at them. She was opening the car door but he stops, "Wait!"
She turns back and raises an eyebrow in question.
In answer, he kisses her forehead and says grinning and waving, "Be careful. Don't over work. Now, go. Bye."

The two officers smile at his sweet gesture but Nishi falls silent as she stares at the man aka her brother quietly. Off course people were happy watching the siblings patch up. The teenager feels warm but doesn't know why?

'Am I allowed to feel this?' It thinks as she leaves.

'What do you mean?' A voice asks her. She does not react.

He waits there in the car seeing the fans asking her for a picture or just look at the camera but Nishi already wore a mask and a cap to hide her face, not wanting any attention.

Nishi looks back at Vihaan who had a worried face but she winks at him before entering making him roll his eyes, "Yeah! Yeah! You have more fans than me." He mouths with a sarcastic smile. She waves a bye to him with a big smile and he waves back with a happy one and leaves ordering the officers to stay on alert once he makes sure that she went inside safely.

*

Nishi enters in the college but stops seeing the crowd on her left side. Some college and school girls were staring and smiling looking at some boys. Nishi was confused seeing that not understanding that what exactly is going on.

"A lot happened in this one month when you were not here." Mia says coming towards her with Emelia, Akriti, Arika and Anjali who is their classmate.

Varun takes Nishi's bag from the bodyguard and Nishi smiles at the man with gratitude, "Thank you, Sir."

"No problem, Mam. Please let your Principal Sir know if you don't feel well. We'll be there." The bodyguard says with a polite smile at the kid who nods in return and waves at him as he leaves waving back with a smile.

"We missed you!" Emelia squeals with a bright smile as she hugs Nishi making her flinch back and surprised.

'What's with them all hugging me again and again?' Nishi thinks making a face inwardly but she doesn't push her away not wanting to hurt her.

Akriti slaps Emelia's back making her aware of the fact of her dislike towards hugs.

"Dude, I'm not your boyfriend." Nishi comments earning an arm slap from Emelia as she breaks the hug. Mia chuckles while Arika and Anjali giggle. Chaitanya and Varun look around the crowd which is now gawking at Nishi while whispering. Though, this time they were smiling, happy seeing her back on track. This made Varun happy that people are finally appreciating her.

"You're not Eme's boyfriend but someone is definitely dying to have one." Arika says wiggling her eyebrows at her best friend, Akriti who pinches her arm earning a yelp and teasing grin from Arika who rubs her arm.

"And someone is being asked out these days." Akriti fires back smirking at Arika who gives her a toothy smile. Varun scoffs at that looking away with a roll of his eyes.

"If you guys are planning to talk about school love affairs and dating stuff, consider me dead. Not ineterested." The girls snicker hearing that leaving Nishi clueless, "What?"

"You might not me interested but people are." Antrika chirps up with a big mischievous smile towards the youngest.

"What do you mean?" Nishi blinks as she asks making Chaitanya and Suhaas sigh while Varun stares at the dumb girl who is always clueless when something is about her.

"Nothing. Just The Everett Khaling looked at you two times since the time you entered here." Emelia says flipping her hair dramatically.

Nishi stares at the girl and says, "You're gonna hurt your neck like that." The boys laugh with the girls while Emelia throws a glare in Nishi's way.

Nishi rolls her eyes commenting, "Teenagers."

"Hey! You're the youngest teenager!" Antrika says slapping her back lightly.

"Whatever." Nishi shrugs.

"How are you now?" Mia asks smiling at the youngest.

"I'm in one piece." Nishi says looking here and there as she feels a pair of eyes watching her.

'Everybody is watching.' A voice says.

'Still, something is off.' Nshi thinks seeing through her peripheral vision that someone is staring at her.

"Good!" Anjali says smiling.

"What's this भीड़ (crowd) for?" Nishi asks looking at the crowd all around ignoring the odd stare.

"Some transfer students are here." Shivika tells her joining them with Nia and Nikki who adds, "But students are basically here to see you."

"Am I an antique piece?" Nishi asks with a sweet smile.

"Not less than one." Varun comments staring her boringly. She slaps his stomach earning a chuckle from Nikita and Arika.

"We are going to have our exams soon. Then how?!" Nishi asks with a frown looking at them suddenly finding it odd.

"They are some high-profile people's kids like you." Chaitanya comments earning a blinking look from Nishi, then adds shrugging, "Politician's relatives."

Nishi rolls her eyes and walks towards the main building for the locker room first, "Then why are they staring at them?"

"They're handsome and gentle men too like our hot footballers." Emelia says dreamily.

"New students साल के बीच में? I never saw something like this. I mean, exams are near." Nishi mutters.

[ Translation : "New students in the middle of the term?" ]

Anjali comments walking with them, "Politician के रिश्तेदार होने का फ़ायदा।"

[ Translation : "The advantage of being a politician's relative." ]

"True!" Nishi says as she enters the locker room with Varun holding her bag for her to take her first period's books whike telling her about the syllabus and Antrika, Nikita, Arika, Nia, Shivika and Chaitanya wait outside for her to go for the prayer together.

Akriti was staring at the teenager with a sudden sadness, 'She should have been here since the kidergartens.' She sighs looking away.

*

Nishi stands in the line looking at the stage confusedly. "Who is she?" She asks no one.

"Maya Chaturvedi, our new Director!" Vishesh, her senior says as he hears her question from a distance.

"Isn't she too young?" She asks looking at the young director who had a beautiful fake smile plastered as the Principal discusses something with her.

"She is hardly Tej bhai's age." Shubh says.

"Hmm. . . . ." Nishi hums.

The prayer ends and they all leave for their classes.

*

Antrika was sitting next to Nishi's seat and tells her, "There is this new student who came a month ago, Piyali Sharma. She is quite famous in our school for her intelligence and beauty. She is really interesting. And she is in another section of our class. You will not believe that almost our whole class's boys asked her to be friends except Varun, Suhaas, Chaitanya, Rishi and Advik and being so kind hearted she said yes to them which irritated them because actually they all like her. And you know what, our seniors are behaving as if she is their responsibility and you know, Arav Bhai has a liking to her." Antrika says the last sentence with excitement as she blabbers nonstop.

"And why are you telling me all of this?" Nishi asks boringly taking notes without any interest in her gossip as she yawns. She felt sleepy due to the medicines.

"Isn't it interesting?" Antrika asks smiling mischievously as she nudges her.

"From which angle?" Nishi asks poking her inner cheek with her tongue. Then she grabs Antrika's chin and turns her head towards the green board saying, "And isn't this interesting? Concentrate!"

During the classes, the teachers ask about her health and apologise for misunderstanding her earlier to which she politely says she didn't mind it. It was quite dramatic but it was actually happening. Even when they didn't trust her, nothing was in their control and they could only shut their mouths. They didn't taunt her like the blind followers of Avni did but at that time they didn't talk to her much not wanting to create mess. Instead, the Principal and few teachers like Vardhan Sir trusted her and they were only waiting for the truth to be revealed patiently.

* * *

At the Khurrana Industries, In Shrishti's Cabin 🏢 :

Meanwhile, Shrishti yawns switching on her Tablet and opens the files she copied last night from Vineet's computer system. She could not go back home due to the search operation she needed to do last night in Bhishma's and Vineet's Chambers. After copying as much data as possible from their systems, she was looking for something helpful, anything about her Big Boss's Daughter.

"Ugh! This su*ks! Nothing is helpful!" Shrishti groans only finding about the company projects in Vineet's Pen Drive.

Someone comes in making Shrishti look up. Her eyes widen as she finds Kritika coming inside holding a tray of two Coffee mugs and some snacks.

Kritika's focus was on the Tray in her hands. She looks up at Shrishti with a grin and exclaims, "Good morning, sleeping queen!"

Shrishti smiles saying with a racing heart while putting her Tablet in her drawer before Kritika sees it, "Good Morning!"

Kritika comes inside and puts the tray on the working desk. She takes a coffee mug and hands it to Shrishti while leaning on the desk near her chair and grabs her own mug.

"Thanks yaar! Much needed! I'm so hungry!" Shrishti says genuinely taking the Coffee mug and grabs the Vegetable roll while Kritika grabs another replying, "You're not so welcome."

"Umm! This is yum!" Shrishti says licking the tomato Ketch up on her lips.

Kritika chuckles saying, "I knew you must be growling from hunger after the night shift. But," Kritika takes a sip of her coffee and continues chewing while saying, "why were you working so late last night?"

Shrishti chokes on the coffee and coughs. Kritika puts her coffee and Vegetable roll down on the tray and punches her back lightly. Shrishti nods sobering up taking a sip of her coffee.

"You okay?"

Shrishti nods and says trying to control her running heart, "I left to buy some groceries in the afternoon the day before yesterday. So, I needed to make it up for that time."

Kritika stops in the middle of grabbing her Vegetable Roll and looks at Shrishti with a frown, "But did not Advik already get them? I remember you were complaining about him that he does not buy fresh Vegetables and the shopkeeper makes a fool of him."

Shrishti takes a bite to ignore the tension building up in her head as she thinks, 'This is the only disadvantage of having a smart friend, they remember every little sh*t you spit from your mouth!'

Shrishti gulps after chewing and says nodding, "That stupid got all rotten Veggies in the dark. So, Mom asked me to bring some. She had to bury them in the garden. He always troubles me."

Kritika rolls her eyes saying, "He will learn."

"When? After his marriage? His wife will curse me and Mom that what did we even teach her husband who does not even know how to buy fresh Veggies." Shrishti says with a frown sobering up as she lies about going out but complains about her brother's carelessness while buying vegetables for real.

"Stop bi*thing about your brother all the time! That sweetheart is so hardworking. He has his exams coming, assignments to done but he never complains with helping his parents." Kritika says taking another bite from her roll.

"Well, I agree. He never complains but also, he never gets tired of troubling me to bring him his favourite snacks. I keep telling him it's not healthy but when did he ever listened?" Shrishti complains with a sarcastic smile while looking at Kritika whose eyes were looking down on the slightly opened drawer. Kritika could see Shrishti's tablet's white screen lights from it. Shrishti gulps noticing her gaze and shuts the drawer with her leg but winces, "Dam*! This sh*tty table always gets me!"

Kritika rolls her eyes saying, "The table is perfectly fine, relaxing on it's place. You're the one who keeps getting punches and kicks from non-living things because you're dumbo. Be careful! Why are you so clumsy?" Kritika shakes her head and takes Shrishti's empty Coffee Mug and puts it in the tray.

"You're leaving?" Shrishti asks surprisedly.

"Yeah. Gotta go, साहब को जाकर हाजिरी जो लगानी है।" Kritika says picking up the tray.

[ Translation : "I have to make sure Sir is aware of my presence in the Office." ]

"Okay. Thanks for the snacks." Shrishti says with a disturbance feeling off by her sudden leave and looks down at the closed drawer guiltily.

Kritika takes a deep breath and turns back before opening the door, "Shrish?"

Shrishti looks up at her friend. Kritika asks with a serious face, "Our profession will never come between our friendship, right?"

Shrishti's heart constricts at her words but she manages to smile and says, "Off course, not Krits."

"Never?" Kritika asks again.

"Never!" Shrishti says confidently and asks, "Why the sudden question?"

Kritika smiles says leaving, "Just. . . . Wanted to remind you, personal and professional lives should stay separate."

"Off course. . . " Shrishti trails off as she leaves. "I'm sorry, Krits." She sighs guiltily for keeping things from her best friend.

* * *

In the Canteen 🍱🥛 :

They all go to the canteen. Nishi comes and finds most of the boys smiling at a new student and the girls looking at some athlete college boys smiling stupidly who were goofing around.

She sighs seeing the drama and feels like to go back wanting some peace but she forgot her lunch to carry with her today and she needed to take her medicines after lunch, "I will definitely get a scolding from Bhai today." She mutters to herself with a sigh.

The girl, Antrika was talking about was sitting with Garima and Arika and their friends. They clicked easily. Nishi buys some healthy Dosa as she told them to not to put too much oil or red chilli. She comes with her lunch and sits at a vacant table near the window from where the ground can be seen clearly.

"Hey!" Nikita comes sitting with Nishi making her narrow her eyes at her and at a coming Chaitanya and Varun towards them.

"Bhai told you two to be with me, right?" Nishi asks making a face at Varun and Nikita.

"Not really." Nikita says shrugging opening two lunch boxes. And forwards one towards Nishi when Chaitanya taunts, "You don't look happy to see us."

"हो गया? बैठ जा। And yeah, I want Maths notes Chatty!" She says as Chaitanya takes a seat and says slapping her arm, "Sure, after Maths class and don't call me that."

[ Translation : "Done? Sit down. And yes, I want Maths notes Chait!" ]

"Why did you give me this lunch box?" Nishi asks blinking at Nikita.

"Mom told Bhabhi you forgot yours. So, Kirti Bhabhi made a quick lunch, packed it and sent it for you while Mom took away yours. You're not allowed to eat fast food yet." Nikita says adding, "Now finish it or Bhabhi will take your class."

"What about this? I don't want to waste it. I instrusted them how to make it." Nishi says pointing at the Dosa.

"We can finish it together." Chaitanya says nudging Varun who torns a bite of the Dosa. Nishi shrugs and starts having her lunch.

"Someone is looking at you." Nia says as she sits with them followed by Shivika and Akriti.

"They have eyes, off course they will see." They sigh at her way of not caring at all. Piyali was stealing glances at Nishi which some students noticed along with her friends. The new students knew who she is. Nishi frowns as she feels someone is looking at her. She looks here and there and finds none.

Sighing, she goes back to her lunch. "Where are the seniors? Have not seen them?" Nishi asks.

"Trials were happening for new Cricket teams, Basket Ball, Football, Tennis, Swimming and all the sports. So, are busy practicing for the finals to get in the teams." Chaitanya says gulping a morsel.

Nishi gives him a confused look. "Sports day is coming." Varun clears.

"Dam*! I missed all the fun!" Nishi says making a face. Genuinely not happy hearing that being a big sportsy.

"No probs. You can watch them play in free periods." Nikita says patting her shoulder seeing her pouting.

"I wanted to play, not watch." Nishi says sighing. She is still not allowed to do any sports, only light exercises. 'Dam* you, Avni!' She curses the criminal for causing this.

"Which sport?" Nia asks taking a spoonful of her vegetable salad.

"All of them. But thanks to the Lizard. I can't right now." The youngest says groaning earning chuckles.

"You will be better in no time. Chill!" Varun encourages taking another bite of his food.

"Right! Till then, why not watch the hotties play?" Nia says winking at the youngest who says concentrating on her lunch, "Not inetrested."

"Come on! It will be fun!" Nia exclaims.

"Nopes! I have a lot to cover." Nishi says finishing her lunch.

"No worries. We made notes for you. You just need to study them." Nishi haults hearing Akriti's words and narrows her eyes at her innocently sitting sister.

"I told you-"

"Yeah! Yeah! You told me you hate taking help to such extent. But you needed it." Nishi stares at her sister silently. Nikita sighs and says wiping her mouth with a napkin, "Exams are not far away and you're not allowed to over work yourself. How will you write without having any issues?"

Nishi opens her mouth but Shivika cuts her off, "Don't you want to get better soon and play?"

Nishi thinks and then nods shrugging, "Alright."

Nikita gives a thumbs up to Shivika who shrugs.

*

She was walking towards her class room from the washroom while looking at the floor deep in thoughts only to stop hearing a soft excited voice, "Hi!" Nishi looks up to see who it is. She finds Piyali standing in front of her with a dazzling smile.

Nishi tilts her head with the thought, 'Who is this?'

Piyali smiles at her and says, "Myself Piyali Sharma. And you are Nishi Khurrana, right?" Nishi nods. "Nice to meet you." Piyali says forwarding her hand to shake which Nishi accepts smiling but is still confused. "I heard about you in the news. I'm happy to see you safe and sound." Nishi gives her a thankful smile. "You have maths, right?" Piyali asks making Nishi nod. "I too have maths. I'll see you in the maths class then. Take care. Bye." The girl says grinning brightly at Nishi and leaves a confused Nishi nodding who didn't utter a word and seeing a smile on this girl's face whom she didn't even know who she was, it only confused her more.

Nishi turns back looking at her retreating figure and says, "अजीब लड़की है।" She shrugs and leaves. But then she stops and turns back finding none looking at her. 'Why do I feel like someone is watching me?' She looks around finding students giving her smiles. She forcefully gives a smile to them. 'May be I'm just overthinking because of their stares. Yeah it must be that.' She nods to herself and leaves.

[ Translation : "Strange girl." ]

* * *

At the Khurrana Industries, In Shrishti's Cabin 🏢 :

Shrishti was still looking for clues in the soft copies on her Tablet. Even after splitting the work in half with Kabir in the early morning, there was so much to look into and she still has not gotten a clue. She sighs rubbing her temple. Slumping her shoulders, she rubs her eyes gently leaving a breath. She picks up her water bottle when her gaze falls on the other Black Pen Drive on the table. "Ariv Sir is right. Big Boss is very protective, why would he keep any secrets about his daughter in his office system?" She mutters and drinks some water.

Putting the water bottle back on the table, she brings her attention back to the copied data from Vineet's desktop System on the Tablet's screen with the thought, 'But then why everyone is restricted from visiting his chamber in his absence?'

She keeps looking into it for info for the next 20 minutes. Annoyed by the results she says with a frown, eyes on the screen, "10 more minutes and if I still didn't find anything then I'm going to look into Bhishma Sir's drive and hand Big Boss's drive to Ari-" She decides when she frowns finding a folder named, Sikkim Expenses.

She pauses and looks closely if she read it right. "Sikkim? But Sir never did any business deals in Sikkim. Then what are these expenses about?" She mutters thoughtfully and opens the folder.

The employee frowns deeply muttering to herself, "What the hell is this all?!"

*

In Vihaan's Chamber at Khurrana Industries 🏬 :

Someone barges in Vihaan's Cabin out of nowhere making him look up and say angrily, "You guys know I hate it when someone barges in like this in my cabin!"

The sad look on Rajveer's face makes him close his laptop immediately and sit up straight as Rajveer and Mrityunjay come towards him and sit there silently.

"What is it?" He asks impatiently looking at them.

Mrityunjay gestures towards Rajveer who is sitting silently. Vihaan looks at him, observes his chirpy friend's long face and asks a bit gently, "Raj, what happened?"

"Last night, his mother asked Ari (Arika) out of nowhere about the incident which happened when Divij forced her to shut her mouth so that no one knows about his ugly side. Aunty wanted her to talk it out." Mrityunjay informs and Vihaan nods stealing a glance at Rajveer who was looking at the wall on his right side with keen interest yet with emptiness.

"And?" Vihaan asks looking back at Mrityunjay.

"She only cried and said she told police everything and now she doesn't want to talk about it." Mrityunjay says with a fall in his tone and looks at Rajveer gloomily.

Silence spreads its legs in the entire chamber as the duo looks at their mostly cheerful friend sitting silently. Vihaan does not like this side of his friend and sighs. A sad Rajveer? How to take care of him?

"When I went to console her in her room, she asked me why I was not there for her when she needed me? And I had no answer. She had to go through so much and instead of standing up for her, I too was just standing with the crowd calling her a bully and an ungrateful child." He says chuckling bitterly as his friends look at his moist eyes which had so much pain. His sister would not had to go through a criminal if only her family would have paid a little attention towards her. He gulps hardly and says licking his lips, "I apologised to her and she forgave me but she cried a lot hugging me and said to never leave her alone ever again or she doesn't no where will she go if her family will not stand by her side next time and the world will be against her?" Gloominess drips from the corner of their eyes as the trio looks here and there thinking about the kid. Rajveer wipes his right cheek chuckling sadly and says, "कमाल है! I have two eyes, still I have been blind all this while."

[ Translation : "Amazing! I have two eyes, still I have been blind all this while." ]

"You are not the only one. We saw her grow up. Looks like we all failed to be brothers. It's not her who used to be jealous of Nikki, it was us who made her feel like she doesn't matter." Vihaan says and they both look at him as it was coming from him, the one for whom, Nikki means his whole world. "We are the ones who are at fault. We made them feel this way, वो तो बच्चे थे। And we idiots failed in this." Vihaan says looking at his hands guiltily.

[ Translation : "They were kids." ]

"I think we did the same thing with Akriti too somewhere. We all have been stupid enough to not to understand that as their elder brothers, it's our responsibility not just a job. We might not be blood related but still, we are their elders, if we will not understand them, guide them then who will? She doesn't even has any siblings." Mrityunjay says and sighs while they stay silent.

The thought of a scared and self hating Arika, crying alone, having to face that b**t**d all alone every morning . . . . . .something breaks in them realising how drastic and hopeless days she had to go through. How difficult it must have been for her to breath in and out, force herself to realise that she is alive?

Rajveer gulps down a sob while a staring Mrityunjay takes his hand in his both hands whispering softly, "It's all over, Raj. It's all over."

"At what cost?" Rajveer asks chuckling bitterly looking at his friend with glassy eyes. Vihaan looks away not liking this sight of his chirpy best friend.

"We made mistakes. But . . . we have to move on. . . Ari needs us, Akri needs us, they need us. If we don't move on, they too won't be able to. We have to become their strength. We need to." Mrityunjay guides calmly and gently.

Rajveer nods slightly wiping his cheeks and says looking at Vihaan, "At least we understood our faults. In fact my parents too apologised to her but I guess, it's just your parents who are still treating Nishu the same way they have been." Rajveer says making Mrityunjay nod.

"Why don't you try to bring them together?" Mrityunjay says looking at Vihaan who thinks for a few seconds then sighs saying, "Have you ever seen Dad? He stays mum when it comes to Mini. I don't get it what's with him. I never saw him having a normal Father-Daughter talk with her, not even a simple morning greeting with a smile, let alone spoil her like how Dhananjay Uncle spoils Ari with his love for his only daughter."

They fall silent.

"But I'll try." They look up at Vihaan who nods slightly saying, "I'll try to bring them together." Rajveer and Mrityunjay nod with a small smile with hope.

Suddenly, someone barges in making the trio look at the door and Vihaan sighs at a coming small group and says, "I don't understand, why is everyone barging in like that in my chamber today?"

Manav and Ishaan come in with Tej following them casually with a silly smile. "Lunch time is already over, I thought you guys already left." Mrityunjay says checking his wrist watch.

"Abhi called us saying, it's urgent. So we stayed." Manav informs.

Mrityunjay, Rajveer and Vihaan exchange looks hearing that.

"But why?" They shrug at Mrityunjay's words.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Ishaan asks blinking at a stupidly smiling Tej at him.

"You are back. Dhawal is back. I'm more than happy." They chuckle at his words as Tej grins stupidly at a smiling Ishaan now.

"Dhawal is not here?" Manav asks looking around.

"He has a meeting, he messaged me." They nod at Tej's words.

"Do Kirti and Trisha know that Maya is back?" Mrityunjay asks Tej and Manav vanishing their smiles bringing up the topic.

"No. We don't understand how to tell them. They will be heartbroken. It has been a month now since she came back in the town but never cared to check upon her friends." Tej says sadly with sigh.

"ऐसी भी क्या नाराजगी है that she is this stubborn? She really moved on and forgot us, didn't she?" Rajveer asks with disappointment and they all sigh.

[ Translation : "What kind of anger is that?" ]

"The Maya you were talking about last night?" Ishaan asks Vihaan who nods.

"May be, she will come around." Ishaan says with hope.

"I don't think so. And none of us care anymore the way she left without a word! And I swear this time none of us did anything that made her leave the town without a word, Ish." Vihaan says looking at Ishaan who nods in understanding and says calmly, "But still, may be she had to leave due to some emergency."

"Even if there was some emergency, she never tried to contact us in these six years, Ish! इतने बुरे थे हम? What to make of it?" Manav asks angrily and looks away.

[ Translation : "Were we that bad?" ]

"No. I mean, you never know what someone is going through." Ishaan says with an upset tone.

All look at him at his sudden sad tone.

Vihaan sighs and says looking at the lost friend, "Ish, it's not your fault that you did not know about Mini."

"What are you guys talking about?" A clueless Mrityunjay asks while Rajveer tilts his head in confusion and thinks, 'I thought he is talking about himself.'

"We talked last night, catching up on old days. And Ish told us that when Nishu left after their meeting in the park, he felt like she was not okay. Her smiles were not reaching her eyes. And since last 3 years, he has been feeling guilty for not asking her if she is okay while he made the decision to meet us because her words made sense to him." Manav tells them and looks at a sulking Ishaan.

Last night, Vihaan filled him in with everything about his sister. The more help they could get, the better. However, Ishaan felt her emptiness because at one time in life he was at that place.  How could he not feel sorry for not asking about her while she helped him in making a final decision instead of staying stuck in his head? And now that her brothers told him about her nightmares, operations and panick attacks, it will not be wrong to say that somewhere he felt he failed her.

"Ish, stop blaming yourself for everything." Mrityunjay says calmly.

"I can't help." Ishaan says lowly.

They sigh.

Who were they kidding? They felt the same for Arika and Akriti, for Arav and his friends, for Ishaan. And Nishi? Well, they did not know how to just let it go and move on.

"Let it go, Ish. I know it's hard. It's dam* hard. But we have no other way. We too are guilty for many stupid mistakes we made but at the end of the day, there is no other way we are left with but to learn from our mistakes and move on. I was telling Raj the same thing. If we don't move on, we will not be able to help the kids. We need to stick together and stay sane. Okay?" Mrityunjay says gently looking at Ishaan but they all know he was talking to all of them.

"You know what, Jay?" Ishaan says looking up at his best friend, who gives him his full attention and Ishaan says smirking, "You will make a great Dad."

Mrityunjay gives him a blank look while they all chuckle as Ishaan laughs. Mrityunjay picks up a pen and throws it to Ishaan who catches it as the irritated man says, "सालों! नहीं सुधरोगे।" They share a hearty laugh at his irritation. Old days were back.

[ Translation : "You guys! You won't get better." ]

Just then Abhishek comes in with a worried Kabir and Ajeet.

They all look at the trio and slowly the laughter dues seeing their faces.

"What's wrong, Abhi? Why did you ask them to stay?" Mrityunjay asks.

The trio stays silent exchanging looks. The environment crawls to seriousness. Abhishek looked mad while Kabir and Ajeet looked puzzled and worried.

"K? Ajeet? What happened?" Manav asks sternly. Their silence was ringing a warning bell.

"We found a loop hole, Manu Bhaiya." Ajeet says looking at Manav.

"What is it?" Ishaan asks frowning as they sit straight.

"About Nish. Some disturbing facts came into view." Kabir says making them frown.

"What facts?" Vihaan asks frowning.

"You remember about Dr. Avni thanking Nish for saving her in L.A.?" They nod at Abhishek's words. "When Kabir told me about this, he said he felt like cross checking the info but last night, Ajeet found this!" Abhishek says throwing a file on Vihaan's working desk. "That too, in Bhishma Uncle's Room at his home." Abhishek adds with a sarcastic smile towards Tej and Vihaan. 

Tej gets up to look into the file while Mrityunjay looks at Ajeet who says, "Bhishma Sir needed my help with typing some emails which were postponed for a while now and needed to mail the clients shortly. He came home late and was very tired. So, he asked me to stay at his house and work. He fell asleep halfway, I did not want to wake him up. So, I looked for the remaining clients' files. He told me to get them from the other room in case he falls asleep. Not much was left to do. So, I looked for the files he told me and I found these."

"ये सब क्या है?" Tej asks them looking at the file which only had the details of flights of an year ago.

[ Trnaslation : "What is all this?" ]

"Your smart sister's travelling details." Abhishek says sweetly. Mrityunjay looks at the Advocate who looked pissed. "It's true that Nish went to L.A. but the loop hole is your father didn't give any commands to send her to L.A." Abhishek's words blow their minds making them look at him with frowns.

"You mean, Dad had no idea that Mini was in L.A.?" Ajeet nods at Vihaan confirming the news making them all look at the two brothers with shock.

"How can you say that Dad had no idea?" Tej asks still not believing.

"If he had, what are these files doing at Bhishma Uncle's house, in his room? Shouldn't these files be in your Dad's chamber?" Abhishek asks raising an eyebrow.

"Dad never lets anyone enter his cabin without his permission. Not even us. हमेशा से!" Vihaan mutters frowning.

[ Translation : "As always!" ]

"Exactly! Which means your father has something to hide from us. Even from you two!" Abhishek says pointing at Vihaan and Tej who look at each other.

"Otherwise why would a parent not allow his sons to enter his cabin?" Ajeet asks. The brothers look at him. Aheet gulps. "Sorry, Bhaiya. But it's indeed suspicious." Ajeet says in a timid tone at their silent looks.

"This means there are things which Bhishma Uncle is hiding from Dad too?" Tej asks looking at the trio. Kabir nods gravely.

"Ohkay." Vihaan says a bit shocked and pissed off at the news and looks at Mrityunjay who could tell how he is now.

Nobody is being honest with each other. Neither Nishi and Bhishma, nor Vineet.

*End of the chapter.*

Author :

How was the chapter?

Thanks for reading!
Smile please!
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 62.8K 52
"Ashima come with me, we need to talk" Edward said and before I could react he took hold of my hand leading us out of the club ignoring my protest as...
490K 30.4K 83
Life gives ups and downs to everyone. Some sad memories & some good one. But when sometimes the sad memories are related to a good person, it breaks...
34.1K 1.1K 40
š€ššš„š¢š²šš I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
3.8K 286 12
Four life's four people.... Two dead but other two's life used to revolve around them . What will happen when they will get to know how the one's who...