pens, paper, and a volleyball...

By fallenposters

"Make it about something interesting." "I dont know, I find you pretty interesting." Every good story starts... More

Before we begin
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Annoncement?? (Temp)

9

127 5 0
By fallenposters

"Come with us!" Hinata told me. Him and Kageyama were looking for Asahi who was supposed to be Kurasuno's ace.

"I'm sorry but I already promised some people I'd meet up with them." I sighed. I explained this for the 5th time. "I'll see you guys later today, don't worry." I winked at them and turned on my heels.

Kageyama had a light blush on his face and stood there for a second. "Kageyama come on!!" Hinata yelled.

"Okay!"

"Suzu! Where. Have. You. Been." Ena clapped her hands seeing me walk up.

"I've had a lot on my plate." I laugh.

"Clearly, how's the volleyball babysitting doing?" She asks me.

"It's not babysitting and its been good."

"The way that team is, it may as well be babysitting." Kono scoffed, walking up to us.

"If anyone needs babysitting its you." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll have you know I've been remembering my water." He folded his arms.

"Really? Cause last I heard Ena had to drop it off to your game...twice" I mimicked him and crossed my own arms.

"It was a mistake that just so happened to happen more than once. Kill me." He dramatically hit his chest.

"Sure, unless you thirst yourself to death before I get the chance."

"Alright kids." Ena laughs at us. "We should get out of this hallway."

"Whatever you say class pres." We sigh simultaneously.

Ena had won the title of class president about a week ago. I filled them in on how my essay was going which wasn't going too bad, other than the fact that I made it so I have to remember two notebooks instead of one. Kono said he was getting closer with his soccer team which was good. We all had our respective friends through the year but sometimes it worried me if he was always going to be with us and not branch out, but then I remember how talkative he is and I realize that probably won't happen...unless he annoys them to death.

"So for today's meeting I want to check up on your progress." Rin started off today's meeting. I wasn't able to be at practice today but I was going to meet them after my club was done.

"So make sure you all have the progress of your monthly entries at hand since not only will I be checking your progress but you will also obviously be working on them."

I got out the notebook for my essay. Due to my assignment I never really had a monthly entry for the monthly newspaper; however, since I had to talk to students for my essay I was able to help other members get information for their writing.

"Hey Nakamura!" Madere, a third year, called my name. "You're friends with Ena Saki right?"

I leaned back in my chair to face her, "Yep"

"Do you know how the first meeting went? I forgot to ask for her perspective when I saw her." She was the one working on general school news such as the student council and current events. We've been working together since we have similar topics to work on. I actually thought she could have taken my project but she too declined.

"It went well. She said they just went over the basics and are looking to see what students want this year. They want to get as much information from each respective year." I reply.

"How is she taking it for her first high school election?"

"She's been ready for years, trust me I had to hear her constant speeches about it. You should be glad you're asking me or she would give you those same talks." I laughed.

"Thanks again!"

"Oh and Nakamura," Yorashi called me after, "You've been around most of the sports teams, I know mainly the volleyball club, but do you have anything I could use?" He's a second year in charge of the sports section.

"This month the volleyball team had a practice game against Aboi Johsai and won, the soccer team had also won a game against Nekoma, and I believe the basketball team have just started practices and tryouts which reminds me I need to get into contact with them." I responded.

"Thank you!"

"Is 'explicitly' the right word for this?" Himiko asked me. He sits next to me and usually asks me the most questions. He says he always wants a second pair of eyes.

"I would use 'specifically' instead, that way it sounds less like a command and more of a statement...if that makes sense." I explained.

"Yeah I get it!" He smiled with a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Busy I see." Rin laughed walking over to me, "You've really helped a lot with our club in such a short time." She smiled.

"Heh- I try." I rub my neck not expecting the compliment for doing something I find second nature.

"So how has it been going?"

"Well, I've been walking around the school and observing the different people and how they interact with each other. I've noticed that everyone has a sort of drive for what they're doing— kinda obviously or else they wouldn't be doing it. So I'm making the whole 'what makes kurasuno a good school' spiel on the different sparks and paths each individual student takes. Right now I'm only writing down the thoughts I get in that moment so it's probably an incoherent mess. I'll eventually piece it together." I told her.

"Well it definitely sounds like you know what you're doing. Even with working with the volleyball club you're able to collect all that! It's impressive, genuinely." She smiles and pats my back.

"A-arigato!" I always like getting feedback from Rin. If this is how Hinata feels like with Nishinoya, I definitely understand that feeling.

"Nakamura!"

"Whatcha need?"

"Nakamura!" I walk into the gym just as they're packing up for the day.

"How was newspaper?" Daichi asks me.

"Good, Rin really likes the stuff I'm working on." I smile.

"Tell her I said hi! I forgot Rin was 'in charge' of the club...how would you even phrase that?" Suga asks me.

"I believe it's "president of the club" but I always instinctively say manager and for that I blame you guys."

"We're getting pork buns again! Can you come with us this time?" Hinata jumps up to me, Tanaka and Nishinoya following suit. I look and see Kageyama standing more to the side but looking at me, basically asking me with his eyes.

"Yeah, I got nothing else to do." I laugh.

The team walks along the road to head to the supermarket. I walk beside Kageyama while the team has their respective conversations.

"So..." He starts off, "How did you learn how to receive like that? You never finished the story."

"Oh yeah-uh..." Him an Tooru we're basically rivals so I wasn't too sure how to phrase this. "If Yuki wasn't plummeting the volleyballs he used during his practice at my face, then it was in my free time. When me and Tooru were younger he would play volleyball with me. I was never that into the games but he would throw the ball towards me anyway so I had to train myself to keep up with him. While he got freakishly good and serves I got good at receiving them." I explained.

"Oh...so you've received one of those serves?" He asked me.

"Uh- yeah. Trust me it was a process...those are not easy." I rub my face and laugh slightly remembering the times I was knocked to the ground. "But hey, now I can play with you!" I smiled genuinely.

"Hey, come get your buns!" Tanaka calls out to us.

I've noticed that smile...she always gives a specific smile when she says something genuine, like a compliment or comment. Sort of like how Hinata's voice slightly raises and gets defensive as an obvious sign he's lying, she has a specific smile when she's telling the truth.

I felt a small blush appears on my face.

"Kageyama you good? You look like you're getting hot?" Tanaka asks me handing me a pork bun.

"I'm fine." I say as I take a bite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 1.2K 19
#3. animexreader 07/30/21 (Y/N) (L/N) was just a regular teenager like any other, he behaved pretty well, and usually got good grades. He was usuall...
26K 775 71
(ℝ𝔼𝔾𝕌𝕃𝔸ℝ 𝕌ℙ𝔻𝔸𝕋𝔼𝕊 𝔼𝕍𝔼ℝ𝕐 𝔽ℝ𝕀𝔻𝔸𝕐, 𝟜:𝟛𝟘 ℙ𝕄 𝔾𝕊𝕋) . . . "Her? Calm? Heh, she's an unpredictable firework." Keishin Ukai said w...
190K 5.1K 21
{Rewriting} [L/N] [Y/N], a first-year student at Karasuno High who just moved around town. Her cousin, Shimizu Kiyoko suggested her to enroll there a...
98.1K 2.8K 60
(completed) This my very first time to write a story..So umm...Yeah..Thank you! The team wasn't entirely curious about hinata's family but the only...