The Deadliest Hunt (Arrowvers...

By ElusiveWriter21

(SEQUEL TO THE CENTRAL CITY SPIDER) After the last year of hunting down remaining League of Assassins members... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One- Mark of Four
Chapter Two- The Most Important Mission
Chapter Three- Fadeout
Chapter Four- Back on Track
Chapter Five- What a Shocker
Chapter Six- Baseball and Family
Chapter Seven- Molten Metal
Chapter Eight- Welcome Home
Chapter Nine- Upgrades and a Spartan
Chapter Ten- An Unexpected Arrival
Chapter Eleven- Awkward Reunion
Chapter Tweleve- Half-Truths
Chapter Thirteen- Velocity Ten
Chapter Fourteen- Tachyon
Chapter Fifteen- Hero's Heart
Chapter Sixteen- Power Up
Chapter Seventeen- Showdown
Chaptet Eighteen- Heart of the Matter
Chapter Nineteen- Not Over Yet
Chapter Twenty One- Celebrations and Conversations
Chapter Twenty Two- Discord
Chapter Twenty Three- Fractures
Chapter Twenty Four- Cellular Bonding
Chapter Twenty Five- Second Chance
Chapter Twenty Six- Explosive Defeat
Chapter Twenty Seven- The New Guy
Chapter Twenty Eight- Upside Down Kiss Two
Chapter Twenty Nine- An Awkward Dinner
Chapter Thirty- The Waiting Game
Chapter Thirty One- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter Thirty Two- Lost and Found
Chapter Thirty Three- The Final Hunt
Chapter Thirty Four- Revelations
Chapter Thirty Five: A Decision
OUT OF TIME

Chapter Twenty- Rewewal Ceremony

1K 28 1
By ElusiveWriter21

One Week Later...

"I hate weddings." Thea said tugging at the tight dress around her legs as she crossed into the living room.

"There's alcohol." I said to her.

She gave me a mocking laugh. "That's not the point. Everyone is in love and hoping it's going to happen to them. All it does is remind of what I'm missing out on."

I attempted to tie my tie but then just threw it on the counter and unbuttoned the top two buttons of my shirt instead.

"Central City is huge, there's plenty of guys around here." I said to her. "Maybe it's time to get back in the game?" I questioned as I buttoned one suit button.

I grabbed my keys and wallet from the bowl on the desk next to the door and slid them into my pocket.

"Luke." Thea said pulling her jacket over her dress as she sat at the counter.

I turned to her before she continued. "Do you really think chasing after this is a good idea?" She asked me. "You know you can't go with them. Right?"

I put my hands on the counter and looked at her. "You're my best friend The, but Nora and Bart have just created their own start to the a new future so they're going to stick around for awhile." I said pulled a hand through my hair. "I gotta follow my heart, no matter how much it'll hurt in the end. I'll never miss out an opportunity that could be amazing."

Thea sighed thinking it wouldn't end well.

"Besides." I said to her as we walked out the door. "Nothings happened yet."

***
"Jay." I said tapping my glass to his as he leaned against the wooden pillar.

"Lukas." He said to me. I knew he was disappointed I had given up my speed. I could feel the vial in my coat pocket. "Giving up your speed, takes a lot of guts. But, it doesn't make you any less a hero. Or family."

"I did what I felt in my gut was right. I know if I went against it, it would haunt me forever." I said to him.

"You're a good man, Luke." He said grabbing my shoulder as I looked at Nora laughing and talking with Bart. "She'll be lucky to have you."

I approached Barry and waved my glass at him. "I missed a good buzz."

He laughed. "Thanks for helping. We may not have been able to do it without you."

"Pfft. You guys would've been fine, but congratulations." I said to him. "Thanks for letting me into your family two years ago."

He nodded. "Of course, you're one of my best friends, even if you were or are in love with my daughter?" He said in a weird statement question format.

I ignored his weird question and continued. "Did you find anything?" I asked him.

He shook his head apologetically. "I got nothing, everything leads to dead ends on your Hunter."

I nodded. "I figured, I just hate this waiting game."

"Everyone, if I may direct your attention to the stairs." Cisco said waving his hand in the direction of the stairs.

Everyone gathered around. I stood between Jay and Thea, Jay stood next to his wife and Thea was standing next to Frost.

Everyone's attention was on the stairs but mine was on Nora. She was gorgeous, her short hair was up and she was wearing a maroon top with a pair of white shorts.

She looked up at made eye contact with me causing the two of us to blush before looking away from each other.

Barry made a weird look between the two of us as if to say 'not this again.'

Iris walked down the steps and in front of Barry who smiled lovingly at each other.

Thea had a point.

I had no idea if I was ever going to get to experience this, especially with Nora being from the future.

"Now, before we get to the main event. You have asked us to keep it simple for this occasion." Cisco said earning a look from Barry. "But one of us couldn't resist adding a little something extra special to the festivities, so without further ado, my man." Cisco said handing a microphone to Bart.

"Thank you, Cisco." Bart said walking to the floor. "Appreciate it. Mom, Dad, this is for you."

Bart began to break out in song, and he was a tremendous singer if I was being honest.

About the halfway through the song I looked up to see Nora staring at me as a tear slowly rolled down her face.

I gave her a small smile which was returned.

Was there something there?

Did she feel something?

Is that why she had been avoiding me, she didn't want a repeat of what happened last time?

Bart finished his song and was surrounded by applause. Him and Barry shared a few words and Bart just shook his head in disappointment at him.

"My fellow Earthling, today, we are here to witness the greatest sequel since Empire Strikes Back."

I shrugged. "Godfather Part Two would like a word."

Cisco scowled at me. "That's enough out of you." He said to me as everyone laughed. 'I am so proud of you.' He mouthed at me as everyone got their laughs out.

I leaned back at Chester and winked at him as he gave me a thumbs up.

"As Barry and Iris renew their vows." Cisco said. "And lend new meaning to the term relationships goals. Now, I understand you both wrote a little something for each other. If you'd like to share this is the time."

Iris cleared her throat. "Barry. They say that love is a friendship that has caught on fire, but ours is a friendship that was struck by lightning. You and I are our own force of nature. And I promise today to continue loving you with my whole heart." Iris said tearing up.

"That was beautiful." Cisco said touching her arm.

"Wow, that was good." I said to Thea. "Bet Barry can live up to that one."

"Good luck following that." Cisco said.

"Iris." Barry said wiping a tear off her face.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Ever since we met, you've been my lightning rod. But that you're my wife, you are my past, present, and my only future. That's why today, I promise to continue loving you now and forever."

"Okay, that was, that was decent. Ten points for Gryffindor, and ten bucks for Lukas." Cisco said to him. "We had a bet who'd have the better vow."

Barry looked at me jokingly in betrayal and I just shrugged.

"Now, then." Cisco said bringing them to hold hands. "Do you, Iris, Bartholomew, take each other to cherish and to love in good time and bad for all the days of your life?"

"I do." They said together.

"Then by the power vested in me by a last minute internet web search. I now pronounce you husband and wife." Cisco said smiling. "Am I forgetting something?"

"The kiss." Iris said to him.

"The kiss. Yes do the thing." Cisco said to them.

Barry and Iris locked in what seemed like a kiss that lasted either two seconds or forever. I couldn't tell.

"Party Time!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
186K 4K 80
My name is Samantha Smith and I am the fastest women alive. When I was 11 I saw my parents murdered by something impossible. I was sent to a care ho...
41.5K 1.1K 14
Wade is a Speedster from 2049, he just wanted a normal life but he couldn't. Just being a Speedster paints a target on his back. He has been hunted d...
35.2K 881 16
Another year, another adventure. Ben and team Flash now must help Nora, a speedster from the future, but with new friends comes new threats. What wil...