A Person I Used To Know

By Auth35r

Nuria Daeva is a 17 year old girl with a traumatic past which she is yet to overcome. Shes been in America fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four

Chapter twenty-four

16K 372 1.8K
By Auth35r

I came back to reality when a girl fell into me. Because I hadn't kissed Azael, I wasn't making out with him, breathless, on the kitchen counter, he wasn't even dancing behind me, instead, I just had a way too realistic delusional thought that made me have a pre-hangover headache.

I rubbed at my eyes. He had yelled at me so I... day dreamed about him fucking kissing me? Had I been drugged?

I shook off my disgust at myself.

During my day-dream the music had turned up even louder to the point some of the tables and chairs were practically vibrating. I groaned.

I was sweaty, tired, and hot and in need of fresh air, so I stumbled through the crowd of intoxicated people, and stepped over the person on the floor.

I tried my best not to bump into people who were way to energetic considering we were this far into the night. I felt and arm tug on my shoulder. If I was being honest, I wasn't actually in the mood to injure someone, but if this person was trying to-

Oh, it was Isabella.

I smiled at her, whilst trying to maintain my balance, "Hey,"

"Hey," She smiled back, a big, toothy grin that proved she was just as wasted as I was.

A thought came to mind, "Wait, how did you get here?"

"Azael came here with me?" She replied back confused.

That little bastard. Little fucking bastard told me his car broke down and that he wasn't taking me.

"Hmm," I would argue with him about that later.

"Hmm," she replied back with me, nodding her head.

"Okay, well, I'm going to go find Alyssa," I slurred.

"Okay then, I'm going to go back to Amaria," She pointed to a dark-skinned girl behind her. She was wearing the same, simple dress as Isabella but in white.

"Who's Amaria?"

"My girlfriend, she's going to drive me home too, so tell Azael he can go without me,"

"Will do," I began walking away.

I hurried to a large glass door where I saw bright, white flecks in a black background. I figured she might be out there, but if not, I would get the fresh air I was seeking.

I walked into the door, using my body wait to push it open until the bite of the cold air hit me.

I breathed it in and sighed, groaning as I felt the slight sweat on my body cool off and my beating heart that had risen with the thundering beat of the music slow down.

I ran a hand through my messed up hair as I spun around, searching for the group, it wasn't as busy out here, just random clusters of people smoking dotted around, but it was still hard to see because of the lack of light. I tugged my hand out of my hair when it got stuck in knots.

There. Right by a tree, they stood.

I stepped forward, then stopped, instead-"Lyssaaaa," I sung, trying to get her attention to come over because I really couldn't be arsed to walk over there.

She looked over at me and for some reason stuck her fingers up in a peace sign, I did it right back, then the idiot started skipping over to me, I also did that, too.

She flung her arms around me when we met in the middle and the forced caused us to go tumbling down.

My back hit the grass and her body landed on mine. "Why did you do that?" I groaned, swatting at her arm.

"I don't even know, can you get up," She complained, her hair was in front of her face.

"You're on me..."

She made an 'o' sound, and rolled straight off.

Neither of us made a move to sit up. We just laid there.

The grass was itchy on my back, and I could sort of feel a bug crawling somewhere on my arm.

Maeko walked over and grabbed my hand, hoisting me up. Then, he hit me round the back of my head.
"Uh, ow, what was that for?"

I failed miserably as I tried to hit him back, but he moved out of the way and lifted Lyssa up, too.

"I felt like it,"

"Of course you did,"

He dragged both Lyssa and I to the tree where Devon was passed out and we both slid down it.

My hangover tomorrow was going to be fucking hell.

I didn't know where he got it, and didn't question it when Maeko flung a blanket over Lyssa and I.

Mother hen.

"I'm soooo fucking tired," I groaned.

"That's what happens when you drink like you have a death wish,"

I was pretty sure I did, in fact, have a death wish.

Something splashed in my lap, and my eyes which I hadn't realised were closed flung open, only to see a water bottle. I looked up at Maeko.

He put his hands on his hips, "Clean you're kidneys."

I picked the bottle up, and Maeko forced me, Devon and Lyssa, to drink a bottle each. And then one more.

*****

It was quieter now, and there were no flashing lights. Only the occasional orange glow of a cars headlights as it went by.

Maeko, Azael, Alyssa, Devon and I, were all walking down the street, plastic water bottles in hand, to Devons house, which was a seven minute walk away from Mia's house.

Azael had joined us later on, and Maeko made him drink water too. We had then all fallen asleep on the tree and Maeko had smacked us awake and told Devon that we were going to his house.

So now, we were, silent and walking to Devons house. The only thing we could hear were out heavy footsteps on the concrete and our exhausted breaths.

Because that's what happens when you come down from your all time high, you fall, but not in the good way.

Alcohol makes you feel so good and energetic for thirty minutes, max, and then it makes you feel ten times as shit as you felt before and one hundred times more tired then you originally were.

Devons arm was around Alyssa's waist, giving off the impression that he was holding her up, when in reality, she was holding him up.

"This is my house," Devon sighed, a tall, very modern—very rich— house appeared from behind a curve of well-kept bushes.

All the houses in that neighbourhood were the same.

We followed Devon down the path, and then up his stairs, then through his front door.

He told us his family wasn't home, and that he was sorry for the mess as he was getting his floors done.

It was pure, smooth concrete on his floor with his white wall paper slightly curled up at the edges near the floor. In some areas, pieces of white, tiled floor had been laid down.

"There's only one spare room," Devon informed us.

It was silent before, but some how, it was even more silent now.

"And it has a very small double bed so two of you can stay on that, it will be a tight squeeze, but tough shit."

Fuck.

"My bed can easily fit three, so Maeko you're coming with me and Lyssa."

Fuck.

"What." Me and Azael said simultaneously.

I turned to him, "Azael shut the fuck up with saying the same things at me."

He turned to me. "Daeva why don't you shut the fuck in general."

I clenched my jaw and turned to Devon, "I'm not sharing a bed with him,"

Lyssa grinned, she fucking grinned, "Aw, that's too bad, goodnight,"

She turned gripping both Maekos arms and Devons.

I didn't even have time to try and negotiate before the three of them had practically ran down the hallway and disappeared.

"You're sleeping on the floor." Azael told me, turning away aswell. He'd been here before, he'd know where the spare room was.

"The floor is getting re-done, idiot, I'm not sleeping on concrete,"

He shrugged as I continued walking behind him. "Then share a bed with me."

*****

I was on the edge. One wrong move and I was going to fall.

I was in the bed with Azael, my dress and jacket still on while he was soundlessly asleep beside me without his top off.

The dress was fucking uncomfortable.

And it was fucking freezing.

With the moonlight shinning through the window, I could make out Azael's black, long-sleeved t-shirt on the floor.

I turned towards him, and moved in slightly closer. I lifted my hand and slapped his cheek a few times lightly to make sure he was asleep, and when he didn't even stir I slid from the bed.

The concrete felt like ice beneath my already freezing cold feet when I was off the bed. I scooped up his shirt.

I took my jacket off, throwing it in a corner before sliding my dress straps free from my arms.

I tugged the dress down, down past my stomach, then over my hips, then finally they slid past my thighs and over my legs until they pooled at my feet.

I stepped out of it and kicked that away into the corner, too.

I quickly threw on Azael's top and got back into bed.

I was comfortable now, but I was still fucking cold. The window was slightly broken near the bottom right, meaning cold air was able to blow around the room. Causing goose-bumps to prick at my skin.

I rubbed at my legs, then at my arms, then I rolled into a ball, facing away from Azael, tucking my arms and legs in tight to savour any warmth.

It didn't work.

I suddenly felt an arm snake under me, then around my stomach. Azael pulled me to his bare chest, using his other hand to pull the covers up higher to cover me more.

He was surrounded in warmth and I could of melted into it. Not into him, obviously, but the heat.

I should've moved away, I needed to move away. But when his other arm came over me so both of his arms were wrapped around me and his grip tightened, something in my chest tightened, too.

He let out a deep sigh, his warm breath fanning my neck and I may have leaned back a little more further into him.

If he noticed I was wearing his top, he didn't say anything.

I still couldn't sleep.

I simply stared out of the window. At the same stars and moon which I had seen millions of times.

I felt a hard tug on my stomach, "Sleep," Azael mumbled.

I shut my eyes tightly, "I can't," I mumbled back.

He sighed. "You're annoying as fuck, you know that?"

"So are you,"

He huffed a laugh.

I sat up slightly, and stayed there for around thirty minutes, with my head tipped back against the headboard. And even when I did that, his hands still remained wrapped around me.

*****

I don't even know if you guys are going to love me or hate me for this chapter.

Definitely hate me for the start of it, but hopefully I have redeemed myself a little bit for the end of it.

Anyways, next chapter out on Monday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 2K 62
This is the story of Rosie Harper, a 17 year old who's moved to a new town with her family. She's a shy, nerdy girl with no experience with boys. How...
5.7M 36.8K 9
{ Lily Collins } is a nineteen year old sophomore college student who's trying to get through without any problems. But it's proven difficult as her...
736 79 28
Tessa, 17 years old and going through her last year of highschool. She reflects on the life events that brought her there. The people who supported h...
198K 12.2K 84
She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not necessary. She is happy soul while his he...