A Person I Used To Know

By Auth35r

Nuria Daeva is a 17 year old girl with a traumatic past which she is yet to overcome. Shes been in America fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four

Chapter twenty-three

15.2K 366 1.8K
By Auth35r

"Okay, what are you wearing?" Lyssa sat at the edge of my bed, her umber legs dangling off the edge of the mattress in a skintight, black dress.

She'd arrived twenty minutes ago with all of her 'gear' as she liked to call it, and applied makeup to my face. After, of course, taking of the smudged mascara from underneath my eyes that I hadn't taken off yesterday.

I gathered my dark hair into my hands and tied is together to stop it from getting in my way whilst I dressed. I shrugged. "Probably a t-shirt and sweats."

Silence answered after that as I opened the doors to my wardrobe.

"Nuria,"

"Mhm?" The hangers clashed together as I rumbagged through my wardrobe of dull colours.

Lyssa had once told me once that my wardrobe was the most depressing thing she had ever seen. I had told her to go buy me some clothes to spice it up and I'd pay her back. Plus 10% more. She'd refused.

"You can't wear sweats to a party," A low creak from my bed sounded, indicating that she had laid down.

"I know,"

"But... you're going to wear them?"

"Yes because I really can't be arsed to dress of for a party thrown by Mia," I pulled a grey top out, "And I don't have shit to wear,"

Her answering grin in the mirror of the wardrobe door was anything but comforting.

"I knew you would say this, I fucking knew you would say this!" A gust of wind escaped my nose as I turned to face her but she was already rushing to her bag.

"So, I came prepared."

Of course she did.

I watched as she pulled a simple but figure hugging, red dress from her bag.

"This," She pointed at it, "Is hot, you should wear it,"

It was very short and very low cut, which is why I nodded. Fuck the t-shirt and sweats.

"I'm not promising that this is going to be in mint condition when I give it back," I pulled the dress from her hands and placed it on the bed as I began pulling my shorts down, I picked up my legs when they slid to my ankles took them off.

The dress was tight but besides that I had gotten it half-on pretty easily.

I walked to my bathroom, locking the door as I began to take my top off.

"Yeah that's, I knew it wouldn't be," She called through the door.

I slid the straps of the crimson dress up my arms and threw on the black jacket that was always thrown somewhere in my bathroom.

"Don't, like... tear it or anything, though."

"yeah, yeah, I wont," I rearranged my breasts in the dress and then flung open the door.

"Yes? No? Maybe so?"

"Yes," Her instant reply was comforting, "You can't wear that jacket, though,"

I pressed my hands to hers and pulled her up, urging her to move so we could actually go.

"Oh yes, I can,"

She raised her eyebrows at me, so I fucking raised mine back until I threw her out of the door. Her groan could have been heard from all points of the house.

"Who's taking us?"

"My dad."

I cringed waiting to hear her answer.

"Mmm,"

"Stop."

She bit back a smile, "Okay."

"I'll be right back," I began heading to the kitchen, where the familiar yet unfamiliar voice was being voiced loudly. He was clearly in a heated argument.

The argument was washed away when I strolled in. I threw him his car keys that I had slipped from a draw earlier. He annoyingly caught them with ease. "Can you drive me to a party somewhere. I'll message you when to pick me up."

"And you didn't ask me earlier because?"

I bit down on my overly angered retort, and instead offered up a shrug, "Forgot."

He sighed and rubbed his head as my mother stormed past me, her blonde hair appearing in a flash and disappearing just as quickly. She didn't say a word.

"Okay, come on."

*****

I noticed just how packed the party was when I slammed the door to my dads car and he drove off down the street.

Music pounded through the building, loud enough that I was surprised the house hadn't come alive and was swaying with it.

Purples, reds, and blues shone and faded quickly through the large glass windows.

And then, of course, there was the freshmen boys, already drunk at the front of her overly flashy house.

"We should find Devon and that," Lyssa's voice was barely audible over the music, even though she was also shouting.

I pushed open the door to the house, "I need a drink first."

People were dancing, grinding on each other to my left. Others were smoking weed and snorting drugs to my right, and in front of us were people laughing uncontrollably, as they chatted to their current crushes or friends.

And there, right at the back, almost glowing, sat a table of alcohol.

Fuck yes.

I grabbed Alyssas hand and weaved her through the crowd of already wasted people.

I Felt a tug, and then shouted words from Lyssa.

I couldn't hear her, "What?" I yelled.

"I'm, going, to, go, find, Devon!" She called back.

"Oh," I nodded, "Okay," Fine by me.

I preceded on until I was standing before it.

I grabbed a stereotypical red cup and dunked it in a bowl of red. It was almost the same shade as my dress. Perfect. Lyssa wouldn't really notice if I spilled it.

I chugged the cup, eyes widening when it was stronger then anticipated, but I fought through the burning and got myself another. Chugging that one down, too.

"Thirsty?" I choked slightly when a voice sounded from next to me, I poured the last of the liqueur into my mouth and set the cup down, wiping my lips with the back of my hand as I turned to face a blonde boy. His hair was messed about, and his eyes were a piercing blue.

"Is that what you do?" I asked. He picked up my cup, pouring some of the red liquid in it, he took a sip, his eyes never leaving mine.

I watched as the cup drained, then emptied.

"Hm?" He asked, taking a step closer as he placed my cup back where I had set it.

"Just sneak up on people as a flirting tactic?"

The music was slightly quieter on this side of the house, so I could hear him pretty well.

"Only the attractive ones,"

My grin to his reply must of been his go ahead as he wrapped his arms around my waist, I gladly walked closer.

God, it had been awhile.

His head bent down to my ear as he whispered, "And you are very attractive."

I pulled back, wrapping my arms around his neck. The music pounding behind us.

I didn't have time to react when he leant in and his lips met mine.

I missed that.

His tongue found its way into my mouth and the liquor on our tongues made it that much better.

My hand pulled him closer, as did his arms around my waist as we kissed. It wasn't great, it was messy and rushed and I'd only had three cups of what tasted like pure, undiluted vodka. But it would have to do.

His hand slid from my waist to my bare thigh, he gripped it, pulling my leg further around him when suddenly my back met the wall.

My hands travelled from his neck, down his chest-

The kiss was broken and my eyes immediately shot open, then narrowed. When Azael stood before me. His arm tense and his hand fisted in the neck of the blondes t-shirt. "Dude! What are you doing?"

Azael's eyes remained on me when he practically threw the guy behind him.

The blonde staggered off.

"What the fuck Azael!"

I walked up do him.

"What was that?" His brows drew low.

"What do you mean what was that?"

"You're fucking random strangers now?"

I wasn't fucking him. Not yet.

"Well if that's what I want to do, then yeah, I am,"

He clenched his jaw, taking another step towards me. His eyes turned a shade darker and his tongue dotted out to trace his lower lip, he looked like he was about to do something, but then though better of it when he broke eye contact and walked away.

What the fuck? He walked away, when he threw a guy off me?

I laughed in disbelief.

Why was he acting like that? I could fuck who I wanted and when I wanted. I didn't owe him anything, he didn't have a say in my sex life.

I stormed up to Mia's cupboards taking out a pint glass from the top shelf.

I mean, who did he think he was? Acting like I was fucking in the wrong?

The pint glass quickly submerged into the liquid.

The other three cups were quickly seeping in,
absorbing into my bloodstream, burning my veins.

I swallowed half of the pint in three big gulps and made my way to where half of the people in the house were dancing.

The music got louder as I stormed in.

Azaels entitlement making me itching to just sleep with the first person who made a shitty pick up line.

I slipped into the blur of people and swallowed down the rest of it.

I placed it on the floor.

It would most likely get smashed but Mia fucking spoiled Brown wouldn't even notice.

A frame of a body came behind me, I didn't turn around to see who it was. I just enjoyed the almost forgotten feeling of dancing in a crowded room and the feel of alcohol taking over my senses, leaving me in complete bliss.

My vision blurred and as did the memory of Azael, who I literally only had the argument with seconds ago, but it was already forgotten in that moment. I felt like I was falling, and it was one hell of a feeling, I loved that part of drinking alcohol.

Of falling and falling. What I didn't love as much, though, was the next morning when I would finally hit the bottom. But I didn't need to think about that in the moment I just simply...fell.

Hands lazily slid around my waist. Hands with cool metal around the fingers which left a hot feeling trail in its wake.

I didn't dwell on who's hand it could be. Didn't question why I was walked away from earlier but was now being pulled close. Didn't question why I leaned into him just that little bit more.

The beat picked up as I slowly spun. I didn't look up, I just simply removed the cup from the males ringed fingers and practically inhaled the continents.

My eyes felt heavy, as did my limbs but it didn't take away the euphoria I was feeling.

I was floating and I was not getting pulled down anytime soon.

Hadn't I arrived with Lyssa? I couldn't remember. I forgot about that thought a moment later, and moved onto to another.

"Jesus fucking Christ, what was in that drink," The words were mumbled and quiet but clearly loud enough for the guy with his hands still tightly wrapped around my waist to hear.

"Vodka, juice."

"How much vodka?"

He didn't speak, then, "A lot more then the juice,"

His voice was just about as slurred as mine, but just as delightful.

I finally looked up, not surprised to see his near black eyes boring into me, his pupils extremely dilated as he looked down.

I didn't think as I moved a piece of his hair from his forehead, sweeping it away to meet the rest of his hair. I again, didn't think as I let one of my fingers slide down the side of his face and then over the curve of his lips, down his throat.

He swallowed his Adam's apple bobbing, his hand snapped up covering my wrist to stop it from going any further. A grin creeped across my face. I hadn't realised when I was doing it, but that, that, was the reaction I wanted.

I wanted to annoy him, because that vodka was doing shit to me and the only thing more pleasurable then the feeling of being numb, was pissing off Azael.

The red of the lights high lighted the dips and curves of his face, of his cheekbones.

"What are you doing to me," He shook his head slowly, and it was less of a question and more of a whispered thought which he wasn't meant to say aloud.

The 'question' caught me of guard, so I didn't answer, I just stared at him as he stared back and bodies moved and twirled around us, covered in red flashing light.

His fingers trailed down my waist, over my thigh and moved slightly around the hem of my dress. The only thing I could feel was the burn of the wildfire following the movement of his finger and the building, annoying heat in my core.

His fingered trailed up, up and over my waist, the curve of the side of my breast, and then trailed along my jawline to my chin, he tilted my head up with the tip of a finger.

Again, I didn't say anything as his head destroyed the space between us and he whispered again, "What are you doing to me,"

And then his lips were suddenly on mine. Smashed against them.

His hot, hungry lips were on mine and the shock of kissing the boy who criticised everything I did, the boy who argued with me and infuriated me to no end wasn't enough to over power the thrill that filled the blood pumping through my veins.

My tongue slid across his lower lip, beckoning him to open as he began leading me back, and I began stepping back.

Every place his body bumped into mine burned as he whispered, "Jump."

I did, I wrapped my legs around his waist as the cool surface of the counter cooled my fire-spreading skin as he sat me down.

His hands were touching my thighs and I could feel every place his hands met my bare skin.

Which meant I also felt when he broke from the kiss, but then kissed my neck.

I didn't get a chance to object when one of his hands strayed away from the other, sliding up my back and fisting a hand full of my hair. He tipped my head back as he trailed kisses down my neck.

A breathless moan slithered from my lips, the only bit of relief I could get from the tightening in my body.

"We need to go somewhere else." His voice was slightly breathless.

"Agreed."

But he didn't stop, only when my breathing hitched and I pushed him from me when his hot breath fanned the peak of my breasts from my very revealing dress.

"Somewhere else," I nodded.

*****

I couldn't resist teasing you all and making you wait for the rest of it. Damn, the power I hold.

But, the next chapter is out this Thursday, so you don't have to wait a week anymore and it mayyy come out a little bit sooner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 18.1K 64
Her name is Misery, and she does NOT want company. *** It's not every day sixteen-year-old Mise...
127K 3.7K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...
5.7M 36.8K 9
{ Lily Collins } is a nineteen year old sophomore college student who's trying to get through without any problems. But it's proven difficult as her...
2.5K 141 34
Lucia is a 17 year old that moved to America with her family to start a better life. They thought it was a change for the better but miracles never h...