It's always been you

By TzarinaAngelus

"Loving you was the greatest mistake I've committed in my entire existence." "If I'll be reborn, let's never... More

Author's note
Prologue (Part 1)
Prologue (Part 2)
Prologue (Part 3)
Prologue (Part 4)
Part 1: A heart's way back home
An entanglement, A misunderstanding, A lifetime of atonement
Back into your warm embrace
Waking up in your presence
The missing thing
To where it all started
Just to see you again
Maybe it's you I've been waiting for
Change, New, Different
The lucky one
Heartless, Heartache, Heartbreak
I long for you
Wo ai ni
Illusion of the past
Till my heartaches end
That's all that matters
Farewell, my heartbeat
Fighting to have you
My unbreakable love
It's always been you
Part 2: Eternal Bliss
Split Soul
White Lies, Blue Lover
The hidden secret
Incertitude
Fragile hearts
An unlikely reunion
Bizarre, Uncanny, Unreal
Past and Present, Reality or Dream
Fallacy
Aqua blue-tinted gazebo
Wait for me
Wishing you were here
Who am I?
The Letter
Your name engraved herein
Starting over again
Two lifetimes and counting
Epilogue

The eye of the storm

502 33 3
By TzarinaAngelus

The truth that masquerading as a lie
A promise that cost two lives
The entanglement of two lifetimes
One night. One dream. One reality
One peek that might spiral to an endless agony
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?

~~~

"Mr. Lin... Mr. Lin!" His assistant, Bing Wei's voice was echoing from the hallway up to where Sam was buried in his laptop. He didn't pay attention to the man for his concentration was focused on the set of graphs about Heartbeat's pros and cons. He has been analyzing so many things these days for it looks like that some of the case studies for the app were centered on Taiwanese preferences and more leaning to cater to Asian people.

Some of the samples they are working with show different suicidal triggers compare to the ones they have back home, so Sam was giving hundred percent of his time in his work these days so that there is no need for him to extend. He missed YU like crazy. His sleepless nights that consist of Heartbeat were also plagued with worry about his boyfriend. 

He wanted to call him every minute he was gone. But he knows he was also busy with his work not to mention he had burdened him with additional worry when he asked him to look after his elders. He knows YU would never once utter a word of complaint. He trusted his family not to give him a hard time, but sometimes his dad could be a hard person to get along with. His uncles have quirks and all and his Baba was most of the time silent. He hopes YU was not too exhausted these days.

Sometimes when they talk, he could hear the tiredness mixed with pain in his voice. YU thought he could mask it from Sam but he knows. He could hear if something is bothering his boyfriend. He knows that he couldn't find a remedy for that as long as he is here. For as of this moment he was the one YU was worried about. If he is back home, another weight of worry would be lifted from his lover's shoulder.

"Sir... sir..." Bing Wei reached his office here in Ashley Gregory's company, Cache Corp, situated in Santa Clara near Intel headquarters. If all goes well, Hemith would finally set up an office building here as well. Sam knows he will not be the CEO at that time for just like before he was also planning to go on an early retirement once Heartbeat app is finally in the world circulation. Nothing change with that aside from this time, YU would be together with him till his time runs out.

"Mr. Lin... have you seen this? Do you know that Sir YU just recently goes on an IG live?" The man breathlessly informed as he sags over his desk. The mention of YU's name makes him snap out of his work mindset. "What? IG? You mean Instagram?" Sam blinks at his breathless assistant, quite confused. YU was not a fan of social media as much as him. Both of them kept what's private as private. So he's sure his assistant must be pertaining to a different person.

Bing Wei bobs his head up and down and gives him his phone. "He doesn't save the live, but I screen record it. I guess it was dedicated for you." 

Sam reached out for the phone and play the video. His heart clenches in longing as he watches YU play the guitar while singing Tonight. He heard the door closing, a signal that his assistant has left him alone to have privacy.

He was holding tightly on the phone while he watches his lover with eyes so compellingly beautiful stare on the camera lens of his phone full of want and love. And when YU paused at the near end and cries softly, Sam follows shortly.

He paused the video and rest his head on his desk while he cries his eyes out. He was trying to make himself busy so he will not think and worry about his boyfriend back home. He was missing him all this time but he was trying his best to fix all the things he was needing here so he can go home earlier or at least on the day he promised YU.

But seeing him like this... he knows it is hard for YU. His emotion was not stable these days and he is one step from breaking down if he was placed under stress. That's why he wasn't comfortable leaving him alone. But he has no choice... real-life consists of work too and he was needed here. Juggling a complicated love life and a complicated work such as the Heartbeat app was draining Sam emotionally.

He loved his boyfriend and he cares about this project. Both of them are important to him. If only he could split his soul into two, the other half would fuse to YU and the other remains in this body so he can work...

Sam sighed after he wipes his teary face. What a wishful thinking. What a wishful thinking...

He continues watching till the end and when YU's face comes near the camera and whispers, "I wish you were here with me tonight..." Sam touched YU's crying face through the screen and replies back as if he could hear him. "I wish you were here too. I wish I was there too."

He closed his eyes to calm his raging emotion, but seeing this video makes him agitated. He didn't know why, but it felt like something bad will happen if he doesn't come home.

Sam stood up from his seat and pace around the room. He then looks on his laptop and remembers the mess Heartbeat US version is turning out to be. The number of samples they have was also higher than before for the US population is bigger than Taiwan will ever be. He tries to calm himself down. He still has a few more days, as long as he works his ass off he can go home on the right day.

But his guts were not quieting down. He doesn't understand why dread was now consuming him like this. He was restless these past days but now seeing YU like that makes him nervous that he might not take his absence well for too long.

He knows that anyone who would hear his thoughts right now would think he was just overreacting. That his boyfriend is a grown man who can fend for himself. But he saw how Yusuke breaks down. How he wanted his company and presence. How he can be the only one who can calm and help him sleep when he was being wreaked with nightmares. Not to mention the timing was off. 

Sam scratched his head frustratedly. He took his laptop and slip it into his suitcase. He will think about it in his hotel room. Seeing the entire Heartbeat mess will only force his brain to choose to stay instead of leaving.

He reaches for Bing Wei's phone and heads outside the office. His assistant was standing not far away so he approached him and gave back the phone. "Thank you for showing me the video. Can you do me a favor? Please make sure to brief the executives about what they need to do in my absence. I will make sure to work even during my flight home and will send them the needed details and solutions to the loopholes. Coordinate with me, Bing Wei. I'll give you a call once I set foot on Taiwan."

After his assistant nods his head, Sam turns around and heads out of the Cache building. He was given a chauffeur-driven car to get him to and fro the office so he slips inside the open car door and he instructed to be dropped off at his hotel.

He texted Bing Wei to forward him the video. He would rewind it over and over until he was back in his lover's embrace. He wanted to call him now to tell him about his early flight. But when he was about to dial him, he realized it would be better if he could surprise him. Sam has a certain preference in YU's shock face that he find so adorable.

Finally smiling after the past week of stress and worries, Sam looks out of the car window as he wonders what gift he should buy for YU. He searched on his phone but he stops for a moment when he saw a piece of news saying that the strongest hurricane to ever hit California will arrive tomorrow morning. He wanted to clap his back for deciding to go home today while the weather is still fairly decent. 

Upon arriving at his hotel suite, he took his luggage and pack up the clothes he had taken out to hang in on the closet. When his fingers touched the bulk in one of his suits he realized that those blasted things from Lin Zi Hong were still in his possession. He was thinking of taking it out of his suit pocket and throw on the trash bin, but upon remembering his dad's face... he couldn't take to do it.

So instead of folding it to be included in his luggage, he tosses it on the bed for he would take a shower first and decide on what to do with those boxes. He immediately took a shower and was planning on buying YU some souvenir somewhere nearby when he heard someone knocking on the door. He doesn't have to wonder who it is for only Bing Wei was given access from the reception area. He dries his hair briefly and wraps himself in a bathrobe.

He wonders why the guy was here. He must have some papers for him to sign that digital signature wasn't acceptable. He opens the door and a haggard Bing Wei came into his view. "Thank God you are still here Mr. Lin. Sir, can I enter?" The man breathlessly asked. 

Sam steps to the side and gives way to his assistant then gently shuts the door behind him. "Do you need my signature on something?" Sam asked as he follows the man who sat on a chair trying to calm himself.

"No, Mr. Lin. I wouldn't have speed drive here to make sure you haven't left San Francisco yet if it is just your signature, sir." Bing Wei explained. Sam frowns down from his position but lets the man explain first. "Just a few minutes after you left the office, someone from the new SF beta team informed me that we have our first code red samples to be rescued on Cayucos in San Luis Obispo County. There are three of them at the same time. This is the first time we got this kind of situation even back in Taiwan. The POCs were ready but they need guidance and everyone is in panic mode again since this is their first time."

Sam was startled for a moment. Shit. This is not good. "A hurricane is about to come tomorrow. This is a dangerous situation, are the POC been deployed already? What the heck are they doing waiting for me?" 

Bing Wei immediately explained. "They are already on the way using one of Cache's chopper. Mrs. Gregory however has told me to ask if it is possible for you to follow. The entire team will be at ease once they find out you were there to guide. They needed you, Sir. So do the three code red cases. Once something out of protocol was done, it will be dangerous."

Sam didn't know why he wanted to go ballistic as of this moment. Why was this is happening to him? He looks at his phone resting on the nightstand and thinks of Yusuke. His boyfriend needs him and if he stays there is a huge chance he will be back home later than what was promised. He was Sam's priority. But if he leaves his team right now in this kind of situation, what kind of leader is he? 

He closed his eyes and let his hand rest over his forehead. After a few seconds, he looks back to Bing Wei and asked. "Is the chopper for us ready yet?" Bing Wei shakes his head and answers, "Not yet, sir. But it will be available in a few minutes on the rooftop. So we can fly as soon as possible to avoid the bad weather that is about to come."

Sam released a heavy sigh and nods. "Then will you mind leaving me alone for a moment and makes sure to message me once the helicopter has landed?" Bing Wei nods his head and exited his suite.

He finally let the tears fall down. Sam missed YU so much already and the feeling of fear and dread is yet to leave his heart. He just hopes that he made the correct decision. He hopes so.

Sam took his phone and thinking of calling YU to inform him where he will be going, but stop midway knowing that it will only add to the man's worry. He has already reached his quota. Sam shouldn't add more.

So instead of messaging his beloved, he opens a voice recording app. YU wanted him so badly to duet with him when he sings casually, but he wasn't confident with his voice.

YU sounds so angelic. He has the perfect vocals that Sam wonders if he was in paradise every time he composes a piece for him and sings it just only for his ears. So he would shyly deviate the conversation whenever the demand for him singing arises.

But now... it felt like he needed to reciprocate YU so at least he had to give something he would want to hear. He cleared his throat before pressing the recording button.

"Hello, my heartbeat. I know what you are about to hear would make your ears bleed, but please bear with me, hao? I just want to tell you that you are always the only person who can collect all of my firsts in life."

He then proceeds on singing. After a few minutes, he wanted to listen to the audio for him to know if it wasn't an absolute disaster when he received Bing Wei's message saying his ride was ready. So he put his phone down and decided to send it for later. He slips in a comfortable turtle neck and pants before wearing the suit he discarded on the bed earlier.

He eyed his luggage and decided to leave them in his suite for the chopper only has limited space. He would figure where to get basic necessities when he reached the destination. For now, he picks up his phone and keycard before slipping them inside his pants pocket.

With one last look at the luggage left behind, he proceeds on exiting his suite. Sam sighed sadly. 

His life was not stopping in giving him surprises. He was hoping that after this work disaster he wouldn't receive a hell of a lot of worse news.

***

"Kid, have you talked with Sam about the hurricane that is about to hit his area?" 

YU's mind was floating and in limbo so he had missed hearing the question. "I'm sorry, uncle. What did you ask?" He cleared his throat as he blushed for he was caught out of his wits. "Are you okay, Yusuke?" It was Tian who asks with a worried look from across the table.

He nods his head and smiles a little. "Yes, I was just thinking about work. That's all." He wasn't lying at all. He was actually a few patience away from asking Zack to watch these four uncles on his behalf so he can follow Sam to San Francisco.

The man was too stress these days and he might not tell YU the whole truth, he knows he needs him there. After his call with Zack earlier this morning, he has learned that Heatbeat US version is having both technical and structural problems and Sam was in the midst of finding a solution.

He would need more time to stay in Silicon Valley for sure, so after the Nagoya account's project was done, he'll fly straight to Sam so he can help him in anything.

"No work-related thoughts in this dining table. Isn't that my main rule?" Tian raised an eyebrow and gave YU a pointed look. He immediately apologizes. "Fine... fine. Just focus on eating. You are too skinny. I don't want my son breathing on my back upon his return if he sees you like that. He might think we mistreated you here." Tian added in a matter-of-fact tone.

YU raised his hands and wave them as a sign of disagreement. The entire table ends up guffawing as the four men start laughing at his fearful face. "Tian... Tian... Tian, you never failed to intimidate, old buddy." Richard clap the other man's back. "Calm down, kid. He is just kidding." Ray smiled indulgently down at him.

"As I was asking earlier, have you talked with Sam and ask him to take care because there is a strong hurricane that will take a landfall tomorrow?" After hearing Richard's question, YU's ears quirk up and he finally turns alert. "Hurricane? I wasn't aware... I thought it was Taiwan that expects a storm later?" Did Sam mention that in his calls and YU just forgotten about it?

The four men look at each other. "Are you sure you are okay, Yusuke? You look a bit pale lately. Have you been sleeping well?" Ray asked this time. He doesn't want to alert the elders that is why he was the only one who knows that he wasn't having a good night sleep since Sam left for the fear that they might tell Sam about it.

"Yes, yes... uncle. Akogare was just busy these days with many projects that's all." 

When the four men simultaneously nod their heads, YU finally could breathe deeply. "About the hurricane, I'll gonna call Sam later to ask how he has been. He was also busy lately." He reasons out.

"Young generations these days..." Evan shakes his head and sighs. " You know that you are too young to bury yourselves deep in your jobs. Life is short to spend it on things that stress you out. Always make sure to make time for each other. You won't know that you will regret not spending time with a loved one when they are still here." The old man added with a small smile.

"What nonsense you are talking about, Evan? You sound like your age." Richard elbows his dining seatmate on his side. The entire table lightens up for a bit and everyone resumes eating.

After everyone was done with their lunch and Ray starts to clean up the table and Richard took the dishes to wash, YU slips out of the room to the porch. He leans his head on the wall for a moment to force himself to think straight. 

He was a mess. A freaking mess. His eyes fell on the wooden swing and he heads there. It was becoming his favorite spot since his stay in this house. YU doesn't know why he feels calm and relax just by sitting in this swing. He wonders if he tries to fall asleep here could he find a semblance of peaceful sleep?

He took out his phone and dialed Sam. After hearing that there is a hurricane coming in his area, he wanted to make sure he was doing okay and to remind him not to go out of his suite unless necessary. When his call was being redirected to an operator, YU couldn't help but worry. Was he okay?

YU dialed Liu Bing Wei next and when he couldn't reach the man also... YU starts to get agitated. But he tries to calm himself. Panicking when he still doesn't know anything yet would only end up giving off a negative effect. Maybe they were in a long meeting and Sam and even Bing Wei has forgotten to check if they are dead bat.

YU think positive. He tries to repeat that statement over and over in his head until he finally calms himself down. He leans back on the swing and smells the tangy citrus scent of the air. A few minutes passed and YU didn't realize that he had indeed fallen asleep on the swing.

YU doesn't know how many hours had passed, when he opened his eyes it was dark. He was walking and he wasn't sure how that was possible when he couldn't even control his own foot.

"Be careful. Watch your steps, YU."  The man's voice that sounds exactly like Sam's murmured behind his ear. He felt goosebumps upon hearing the familiar deep voice of his boyfriend that the phone's microphone couldn't replicate at all. 

Was this a dream? He asked himself for it felt like one. It's been a while since he finds himself on autopilot, and back then it was a bad memory... now he wasn't sure yet.

"Zi Hong, what is this all about again? How many times should I tell you I don't like surprises." 

Zi Hong? As in Lin Zi Hong? What's going on? That voice comes from him but it was also not him at the same time. His body was being used by someone and when he tries to take control once again it's futile. He's once again on autopilot.

"You can continue saying that, my heartbeat. But you know I always could glimpse behind your words." The man whose dream version refers to as Zi Hong said in a slightly ambiguous tone.

YU wanted the hands over his eyes to be lifted so he can see the face of the man. But before he could think of ways to do so he stumbles on something but was pulled back by the man behind him. "Easy there, tiger. I told you to walk slowly. We are almost there. Try to raise your feet higher so you can step on the raised flooring." 

His dream self does what was told of him and he finally walks on a smoother surface. After a moment they stop and the man's hand is slowly being lifted from his eyes. YU squints for bright light starts to penetrate his eyes that were in the dark earlier. When he could finally see clearly, he was welcomed with the beautiful swing on Sam's porch.

But this time, the exquisite object looks brand new. Like it was just created. What's going on? He wanted to ask that out loud but different words slip out of his mouth. "Ohhh my God! Zi Hong... how did you obtain this? Isn't the furniture maker has told us last time this one is his last piece and he had sold it to somebody else?"

His body then automatically turns around to face the person he kept on calling Zi Hong. When YU's eyes fell on the man, he was sure if he has the power of control over his body he might have been uprooted and fell on the floor.

This is Sam... but also not Sam. This man's hair was longer as it reaches the nape. This hairstyle makes Sam looks softer than he usually looks daily. But aside from that, nothing is different. This is Sam Lin. 

So why was this dream version of him was calling this Sam as Zi Hong? Was he going crazy already?

The man then grins back at him showing rows of perfectly white teeth as his red lips pulled up in abandon. YU knows how much he missed his man, so seeing him like this even in this bizarre situation was squeezing his heart.

"Happy 3rd year anniversary, Yang Yu Teng. I'm sorry we can't go on a long vacation this time for I was sick yesterday. But I promised, I'll make it up to you." Sam... or should he refer to this guy as Lin Zi Hong, said in a slightly sad voice as he pulls him towards his body and kisses him softly on the lips.

Wait... wait... wait... YU would have shouted that word over and over if he can. His head was now about to explode. Yang Yu Teng? Why was he being called as Yang Yu Teng? 

He knows he was thinking about that poor lover and Sam's father not a few days ago... but this entire dream was out of place. But YU has no choice. He was trap here and he might very well let this go on till this is over.

"Make it up to me? Are you serious? This is the best anniversary gift ever. Period. This swing was the one I've been mooning about since we saw it last month on that furniture shop. So now, tell me... where did you buy this?" His dream version blinks his eyes once and twice before looking back on the beautifully handcrafted work. He kneels down and studies the carvings of sunflowers on its surface. This is indeed one piece of art. "Zi Hong, spill. This is exactly the one we saw. So don't tell me you search for the one who bought it and acquire it from that person?"

Zi Hong pulls him up and takes him by the waist. "Nah, that would be impossible for the maker refused to tell me who it is. If he did, I might have done that." Yang Yu Teng tilted his head and looks up to Zi Hong in curiosity. "Then don't tell me that maker was lying and he still has another piece stored?"

"We know that he only makes one version of his design at a time. There is no duplication. So I'm the one who created this. As a gift for you. I know how much you wanted this particular swing." Zi Hong hugs him from the back and rested his chin on his shoulder. "Does it looks exactly like the one he made? I was afraid I might have forgotten some details and couldn't fully replicate it..." Before the man could finish, YU finds his dream version, Yang Yu Teng was now crying silently.

Lin Zi Hong tilted him to see his face. "My heartbeat, does it looks awful? Did I miss to sculpt a petal?" The man worriedly asked. Yu Teng shakes his head. YU might feel similarly right now because base on the overall scene... if he was Yang Yu Teng he would indeed feel so overwhelmed and happy that he will fell into tears.

This entire dream was strange but YU doesn't feel like leaving this one right now. He felt curious about how his brain will turn this one out. "Xie xie ni. This is so perfect that I lost for words. This is the best anniversary we ever had. I don't know how you can top this up next year." Yu Teng reaches up and gives the other man a peck on the cheek. "Thank you for being the best boyfriend I could ever ask for."

YU expect Zi Hong to be pleased with himself for it looks like he had made his partner happy, but when YU looks closely into his eyes there is a sad and painful expression written there before he blinks it and shows a satisfied one. 

"I have the perfect lover, so I couldn't fell short on his expectations." Zi Hong then ushers him to sit on the swing for the first time. Yang Yu Teng must have felt so happy for YU could feel his smile never leave his face. 

"Don't you think this swing would have been better if it is in the gazebo than here?" Yu Teng blinks up to Zi Hong and asked. The man sits beside him. "Why do you say so? I thought you might enjoy it here for it will be near for you to indulge in." The man replied with a curious look.

Yang Yu Teng sighed. "I'm just being overly sensitive. That's all. This swing looks so lovely that I was thinking that it suits our favorite place. Doesn't it looks romantic?" 

Zi Hong throws him an indulgent look. "As long as I'm with you... everything is romantic. But if you wanted it as such, I'll be fixing the gazebo, and let's see where we'll place it there. Happy now?"

Yu Teng leans on the man's shoulder and wraps his arm around his waist. "The happiest. Always will be when I'm with you."  

YU didn't know why he was dreaming like this when he was sure this is not the entire ambiance of Yang Yu Teng and Lin Zi Hong's relationship. Sam's father cheated on Yang Yu Teng and they ended up in a tragedy.

But there is no way this Lin Zi Hong in his dream would cheat. It just doesn't feel that way. To create a swing that was designed so exquisitely similar to the one your lover wanted but couldn't obtain... based only on how you remember the piece... was not a simple endeavor. It was a craft made from the heart and attentiveness to your partner's desire and wants showcases in this situation.

Only a person deeply in love would do it. YU was beyond confused. But he guesses, this is just his dream and nothing about this is real. It was just the fragment of his subconscious thought about this two.

He might be feeling so bad for Yang Yu Teng so much that he ended up creating a happy scene for him. So YU had let the entire scene move on its own. He shut his own thoughts for now.

"You know, Zi Hong... what is the dream I dearly wanted to be fulfilled?" 

Lin Zi Hong looks sideways and meets his eyes. "What is that? And let me give it to you." The man asked while caressing Yu Teng's face. "I wanted us to grown old together up to the point we are wrinkled and our hairs are all white. Then when we reach our time, we'll be sitting here together in this swing in the gazebo where we first meet and die in each other's arms. Am I being sappy?" Yu Teng narrated and when YU heard that entire set of words... it hits his heart like a fist.

Is this dream was not about this couple but him and Sam? Then why was his ultimate wish was also Yang Yu Teng's wish? YU was beyond crazy right now. He must have loosened his screw already because of lack of good sleep.

"What if I couldn't give you that wish? I mean... I mean... we don't know what the future brings... What if I die earlier than you?" Lin Zi Hong asked in a slightly hesitating tone. Yu Teng leans back and frowns at him. "Don't speak like that. You might jinx us. There is no way you'll die ahead of me. Because if you do... then I'll follow shortly after. I can't live a life without you, my heartbeat."

Fuck... fuck... fuck... 

This entire convo is what Sam was so frightened about. Him following Sam and dying when his time runs out. He understands the whole scene. He knows how hard to hold on to a promise of living continuously when your lover already left you behind. 

Is this a reminder for him not to think of doing impulsive action if all comes to worst and Sam indeed left him early? YU was so conflicted right now.

"Yu Teng... how can you say such words? Life is precious. Your life is precious. Please don't throw your life like that." Zi Hong's voice was now laced with fear and apprehension. 

Yang Yu Teng sat aback and looks at him with a hard look. "Why would that be considered as a waste? I'm not dying for anyone else. I would be dying to accompany you so we can be together. Don't you want to be with me even after death?"

Lin Zi Hong held his gaze for more than a minute before turning his eyes sideways with a sigh. "Of course not, Yu Teng. You know that I would never once wanted to part from you. It is just... if worst comes to worst... I wanted you to be happy if ever I leave this world ahead of you."

Yu Teng reaches out and takes Zi Hong's face in between his hands. "Happy? Without you? I don't think those two concept goes hand in hand. Without you, I could never be happy. Look at these necklaces we have."  Yu Teng pulls on the pendant on his neck.

YU frowns inwardly. A lock and key necklaces? Damn... why it was so similar with Sam and his lock and key bracelet. What was his brain conjuring right now?

"Do you see that the lock and key is the perfect pair, right? You are the key... I am the lock. If the key was lost, then can another key opens the lock? No, Zi Hong. There is only one key that will fit the lock. So it means... there is only one you in my life. Without you... my heart wouldn't be opened by anyone else. And living a life like that is worst than death. So, please... if you don't want that, then stay with me. Just stay with me, hao?"

YU finally wanted this dream to end. This started so sweet and now... it was the conversation he doesn't want to have for it hits close to home. This is him and Sam. This is just like them.

Lin Zi Hong's eyes were now glassy and red as if he was bottling up something so huge that he might explode if he kept on doing that. He then pulls Yu Teng back to his embrace. "Hao... hao... as you wish. Just always remember, whatever form I become... I would stick to this promise to the very end. I will always... always stay by your side... whatever it cost."

He was sure that Yu Teng must have fallen asleep after that but YU doesn't. So he heard the last soft whisper coming from Zi Hong before he was pulled out of that strange painful dream. "You are leaving me with no choice, my heartbeat. No choice at all..."

YU was gasping for air when his eyes open. His chest was rising up and down erratically. What was that?

His eyes were still foggy and his brain was disoriented because of that strange dream. Or is it a nightmare? YU wasn't sure right now. When he finally finds his wits back he almost fell on the ground when he realized he was barefoot on the slightly wet grass standing in front of the aqua blue gazebo's doorstep. Didn't he fell asleep on the swing? What was he doing here?

What the fuck? Why was he here? He never once sleepwalk in his entire life. So what's happening now? Was his condition worsening?

Chilling air swept around him like an embrace. He doesn't feel comfortable in this area. This gazebo looks beautiful in daylight but now that the darkness of the night has replaced its glow... this place looks haunting.

He starts to turn his back and tries to find his way back to the main house when thunder and lightning start striking up the night sky creating an ominous sound and scene, making Yusuke jumps in fright. For fuck sake... YU was on his wit's end and one more thing like this he would literally run like a lunatic.

He took a step away from this eerie place, but before he can make another one, heavy rain abruptly falls down from the sky. Is his luck this shitty? YU remembers his boyfriend's face and worry when he saw him got wet from the rain last time so instead of braving the rain he steps back.

Then when his back hits the glass door, he looks back and realizes he has no choice but to spend some time inside until the rain stops. So with a heavy heart, YU takes hold of the double door handles and opens the gazebo.

He then slips inside and closes the door behind him.

~~~

A/N

Sam's song choice in the first half will be revealed in future chapters.

Yeah... we are finally in the storm's eye. Shit gonna be hitting the fan next chapter. This is the one I dreaded to write since the beginning for it's paining me just to think the entire scene. If I could indeed write exactly what's in my head, then it will be YU and Sam's most broken form. 🥺

That chapter would be a pretty long one... maybe the longest chapter in this story. Not yet sure for only the outline is in my head.

Please let me know your thoughts in the comments. We are nearing the end. But we still have quite a ride to get there. So thank you so much for the endless support. ❤

Lots of love and till the next one. 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 151 13
YU who feels tired of his life meets Sam who is also tired with his life. Having almost the same fate, they accidentally meet on the Bridge that nigh...
5.1K 185 16
Su ying has always been alone, it was always him against the world, this was very different from what he had been used to. 'I will always love you...
4K 149 20
What if you were forbid to love? would you rather die not loving the person or die loving the person? We Live and we die. That is the circle of life...
178 9 1
I miss your lovely smile. I miss your pouting. I miss your big eyes. I miss your soft hair. I miss you babbling about your height. I miss your c...