Under The Murky Water

By yum_yum12

Estrella River Presley has been the reigning it girl of Preston Academy. Her biggest worry was that all she h... More

aesthetics
1
2
3
4

5

49 4 1
By yum_yum12

[chapter 5]

He didn't stay.

Achilles Alessi was gone at the crack of dawn.

So Estrella Presley did what she knew best. She painted her lips bright red, her nails freshly painted Louboutin red and dark kohl swiped on her waterline.

Her sinister self was aching to be let out.

"Oh fuck, is it judgement day already?" Michael called out, waiting at the steps of the school.

"Oh babe, don't you know? Judgement day is for the good and the bad," Adrianna responded as she walked down the stairs, her heels clacking on the stone pavement.

With a seductive smirk on her face, she leaned into Michael's ear. "For us, there's a one way ticket to hell."

Michael laughed, pushing her back slightly before straightening up. He offered one arm to each girl, a smirk on his face.

Estrella rolled her eyes before she took his arm.

If they were the devils, the school was their Underworld.

Like a dramatic two thousand movie, the double doors of the school opened as they approached it. Students, on their morning commute, stopped to stare. Those who were standing on the sides turned to give their attention to them.

Estrella could feel the power coursing through her. Most girls wanted to be the quirky, cute and clumsy main character. Not Estrella.

She loved the limelight, she was her best self at those times. Her smile grew, her shoulders straightened and she walked more confidently.

The trio made their way down the hallway, not saying a word and not giving another reaction. Spotting Jack leaning quietly on one of the lockers, Estrella led the group to him.

"Kids," he greeted, his voice raspy and low. Estrella swore she heard girls around her swoon.

Adrianna rolled her eyes, patting Jack's shoulder. "Same age as you grandpa."

Before Estrella could hear Jack's retort, her attention shifted to a group of girls near them.

"Did you hear Adrianna was puking at the party? I mean I did see her eat an entire donut yesterday, like chill out. Eat less," a shrill voice rang out, clearly attempting to whisper but failing to do so.

Instantly Estrella's head whipped to the said girl who remained oblivious to the new attention. Estrella could feel Adrianna straighten up, become quieter as she overheard the comment.

Quickly the group fell silent, their eyes shifted to the still oblivious group of girls.

Adrianna rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Let's go," she bumped into Estrella's shoulder, briskly walking away.

Jack and Michael turned their attention to Estrella, eyes wide in shock. She turned to follow her best friend, the boys quickly catching up.

It was clear that Adrianna wanted to leave the hallway, run away from the girls.

But Estrella had other plans.

She snatched Jack's tumbler, already knowing the contents inside it. Just as they passed by, Estrella paused to dump the tumbler over the girl's head.

"What the fuck," the bitch shrieked, as a red liquid soaked into her all white outfit. She turned around but paused, now knowing who had given her a shower of wine.

Estrella raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow, leaning back as she tapped a finger on her lips.

"Hm, I think you dropped something," she mused. The girl remained wide-eyed, humiliation and shock clear on her face.

"Pick it up," the ferocity in her voice increased.

Estrella could see the girl shaking as she scrambled to pick the forgotten tumblr.

Though she didn't get far.

Estrella stuck her leg out a bit, watching as the girl tripped and landed face-down on the ground.

She could hear the girl's cries.

Estrella rolled her eyes, walking over the girl on the ground and joining her friends who almost looked bored.

She wrapped her hand around Adrianna's, continuing their walk to class as people stared in shock.

"Thank you."

Estrella squeezed her hand in response.

***

She didn't know if limits entertained her today.

Estrella was starting to have a love/hate relationship with calculus.

Unfortunately, it all depended on a boy.

Ugh. As if.

All day all Estrella had heard was about her epic showdown. People were stuck between calling her the villain or the hero. Of course no one knew the truth but wild rumors were going around.

By calculus she had overheard someone saying that the girl was one of Estrella's step sisters and they were fighting because the girl had stolen one of Estrella's many boyfriends.

So Estrella knew Achilles had probably heard of what had happened. But then again, the boy never talked to anyone.

However, today she didn't have to go looking for him. For when she entered class, her eyes instantly set on him.

Achilles was sitting in the front row, his eyes focused on the textbook in front of him even though class hadn't started.

He didn't look up once.

Feeling the stares of most people, Estrella walked on further and made her way to the back of the class.

"Ms. Presley, breaking the dress code already?" The professor called out.

Estrella hummed in response, not looking back once. She sat down on her favorite chair, a spot that ensured nobody saw her texting.

She crossed a leg over another once she sat down. The professor stared at her exasperatedly, raising her hands up in defeat once she realized nothing can be done.

The lesson finally started and Estrella felt her attention wander to the boy who sat far away from her.

Can the back of someone's head be so desirable?

Oh god, what kind of simp was she turning into?

Before they could get any further into the class, the door opened slowly and a nervous looking boy stood in the archway.

"Yes?" The professor called out.

"I-I'm n-new. Isn't this class 228, ah no, um 227" the kid stammered away, his cheeks turning pink.

If the students were mean at this school, the professor's were just as pretentious.

The professor rolled her eyes, clearing her throat.

"Okay. A new student, class," she called out, turning around to assess the seating situation.

The empty seat next to Estrella caught her attention, making Estrella send a thousand prayers to any god listening to her.

The professor narrowed her glare at Estrella, who matched her own. Before a staring match could commence, the professor turned her attention somewhere else.

"Achilles, would you mind moving down to the last row?" Even her tone changed, a sickly sweet for teacher-favorite Achilles Alessi.

Estrella sent her thanks to whatever god was listening.

Things couldn't go more perfectly.

Estrella watched as Achilles nodded his head, getting up to move down before a wave of horror washed on his face as he realized where his new seat was.

Estrella smirked on the inside but chose to calmly turn her attention to the front of the class.

Class commenced once again and Achilles settled next to her. Estrella bit a smirk as she forced herself to pay attention and not give one glance to the boy next to her.

She could play at his game.

Quickly the class ended and students and the professor began to file out of the class.

Estrella slowly packed her bag, feeling as if Achilles was slowing down too.

They both stood up, facing each other and belongings in one hand. "So left early on Friday, did you?" Estrella asked with a smirk.

Apparently Achilles was in no mood to flirt. No shocker.

His eyes filled with disdain and his words filled with venom, "I heard what you did to that poor girl. You and your friends don't fail to live up to the stereotype."

Estrella masked her shock with anger, crossing her arms together.

"What can I say, baby? I love to deliver, give the people what they want."

Achilles scoffed, "then why were you so nice to me on Friday." Estrella didn't have an answer to that one.

She rolled her eyes instead. He believed the rumors and he believed anything anyone said.

But could she even blame him?

Achilles shook his head, turning around to walk away. "I'll see you at dinner tomorrow," Estrella called out.

Instantly he whipped back around, a look of surprise on his face. "What do you mean?"

Estrella shrugged, a smirk playing on her lips. "What do you mean by what do you mean? I was invited to dinner by your mother."

Achilles took a couple steps toward her, covering the small distance between them in the otherwise large and empty room.

"You love to fucking play, don't you Estrella." That was one of the first time she had heard him say his name and she wanted to swoon.

Estrella gave her smile, the breathtaking one that could charm anyone. She leaned towards him, a bright red nail trailing down his shoulders and tie.

Estrella grabbed his tie, pulling him towards her. She could feel his breath hitch, surprise overtake him. Estrella could feel his warm breath, she could feel his warm body underneath her fingertips as she latched one hand on his arm.

In a way, she was waiting on him to pull back and to refuse her. Instead she stared right into his eyes, she had never done that before. Estrella swore she could see his soul, his eyes mirrored her's. A thousand feelings and a thousand words unsaid.

She put her deep red lips towards his ear, her soft lips skimming his ear.

Estrella took a pause, she felt his body shudder.

"I'll see you on friday." She gave another dazzling smile and wink.

And with that she walked away, her hips swinging low and a wide smile on her face.

Estrella Presley was back and better than ever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
17.3K 922 29
My eyes finally adjusted and I got a good look at the guy. Holy shit, he was HOT. He rivaled Lazarus, and that's saying a lot. He might even be mor...
54.1K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...
207K 9K 68
The Nerd. Natalie Watson. Straight A student,plain girl,quiet,reserved. She lives her life one day at a time,with a loving mother, a far away best fr...