SHE'S THE CITY GIRL | JENLISA...

By miyumin

Jennie and Lisa have known each other all their life. They were close friends and happy teenage girls living... More

SHE'S THE CITY GIRL ; INTRODUCFION
01 ; WHEAT SEEDS AND BORING READS
02 ; YELLOW BIRDS AND WATER SPLASHES
03 ; BLOOMED
04 ; VACATION
05 ; FOR JISOO, ROSÉ, LISA
06 ; TWO YEARS TIME
07 ; FAMILIARITY
08
09
11
12
13

10

115 3 0
By miyumin

Chapter Ten: Conversations
JENNIE'S POV

It's currently lunch time and I am waiting for Lisa, Rose and Jisoo by the food court.

I sat down alone in a large, rectangular table, humming along to my favorite song; Strawberries & Cigarettes.

I look around and spot a group of small girls talking to each other by another table.

They were passing around friendship bracelets and keychains. I even hear one say 'Happy birthday' to another.

I wonder where these kids' parents are.

"Hey."

I turn around and see Lisa smiling at me.

"Jennie?!" Rose gasps as she sees me.

"Oh my gosh! It's really you!" Jisoo exclaims as she sees me.

I smile and give them a wave. Rose jumped up and down before pulling me into a hug.

"Oh I missed you, Jen! I thought I'd never see you again!" She exclaims.

"I missed you too," I said.

She released me from the hug and sat beside me. "Tell me everything I missed out on!"

Jisoo chuckles as she and Lisa sat across us. "Same ol' Rose," she said.

"Well when I first arrived here things were quite a blur. I didn't know any brands and fancy manners, so I was pretty much an outcast. But after a month or so I fit in perfectly. I go to an expensive academy and just live my life normally," I said. "Just like how my mom wanted me to."

"Oh that's awesome. When we arrived here we were outcasts too," Jisoo said, pulling her hair to one side.

"Couldn't agree more," Lisa said. "To make matters worse, our parents kept forcing us to socialize."

Our parents? Did they all arrive here together- and lived together? Did I miss out on that much?

"What's with the sad face, Jennie?" Rose asked, making all of their eyes land on me.

"It seemed like you all had fun with each other..." I said in a low voice.

"Oh Jennie," Jisoo said, giving me her comforting mom look.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it now. We can just order food and talk about other things," Rose said, suddenly feeling bad.

"Okay. That's fine with me," I said, standing up, they follow after me around the food court, ordering all sorts of food.

When we arrived back our whole table was filled with goods.

Well, let's eat then!

As we all munched down our food, we talked about our school life and all the things we like.

I missed these three. They've been my best friends since childhood and I spent most of my days with them.

I miss their smiles, laughters and jokes. I'll forever cherish this moment. The moment I met them again.

When I arrive home I couldn't wait to tell my parents all about today.

Once I enter the house my dad immediately called my name.

Looks like he's home.

"Jen! Look at this!" He said.

I walk into the living room, smiling at the scenery.

"I got this prop dandelion from the store. We may not have a backyard at the moment but at least you can see your favorite flower here everyday," he said, pointing to the fake dandelion on the vase.

"Thank you, dad," I said, admiring the dandelion.

"Beautiful, right?" He asks.

I nod. "Yes. It is beautiful."

"Jen... who does this dandelion remind you of?" My dad asks.

"Hmm." I put myself in deep thought.

Dandelion; a flower that symbolizes hope, peace and wishes. It is fragile and needs care. It is beautiful and rare, it gives people a glimpse of faith and reason.

It reminds me of Lisa.

Her eyes remind me of a dandelion in a garden. He smile reminds me of peace and her laughter reminds me of wishes.

Lisa was my only true love, you can say. I never really admitted to her feelings until now. Because I thought it was wrong, to love the same gender.

But it's not.

"Dad. What if... what if I like a girl?" I ask with my small strand of courage.

My dad didn't seem to react or flinch at all at the sudden question. It's almost like he knew.

"So what?" My dad finally spoke as he kept his eyes on the vase. "Liking the same gender shouldn't be something you should be afraid of," he said.

"Really?" My eyes glimmer with hope as I smile widely.

My dad nods. "It's a stupid rule society made. To like your own gender. It's wrong. We shouldn't be told who to like," he said.

"But... what will mom think?" I ask.

My dad sighs, he knows mom changed too.

"Well that's on her if she can't accept her own daughter's feelings," he said, "But just remember I am with you 'til the end."

I smile, almost tearing up.

"Well, I have to go. My assistant told me I have a meeting," he said, walking out of the living room. "I'll change quickly."

"Okay!" I shout as my dad walks up the stairs.

I smile at the vase, focusing my eyes on the dandelion that stands inside it.

It's beautiful- even if it's just for display.

It's like me. I try so hard to please other people by changing who I am physically and mentally that I barely even made myself happy.

Im not happy here in the city. Not until Lisa, Rose and Jisoo came. Life here is lonely, even if I have friends from my school. It's not what it used to be, and it'll never be.

Seulgi and Lia are amazing friends. They really are. But they can never replace the happiness I had with my best friends. All they want is to go shopping and find a boy to fill their needs. But really; that's not happiness.

Happiness is a feeling of hope and infinite peace. You'll never truly find happiness if what you're after for is not what you really want.

And I know that now. And starting today, Im changing. I will be who I wanna be, so I can save others from getting hurt, and so I can finally make myself happy.

It shouldn't matter what others think of me, or anything about me. Because if Im truly happy, then they're words and thoughts are nothing but a speck of dust in this galaxy.

I really enjoyed reading this. Just a reminder; pls love yourself for who you are! Be happy! Make sure to vote and comment to boost the book! I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DEAR L By LVNA

Fanfiction

307K 10.8K 45
XI 𝒅𝒋 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂, 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒊 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕? My original story. Please respect and do not adapt and republish. LISA G!P Started: Oct. 12...
594K 9K 49
Warning- the story kind of sucks in the beginning but it gets pretty good (in my opinion) after chapters. Hope you enjoy :) Jennie is an exchange st...
464K 13.6K 46
VII 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒔𝒊 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒐 𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒎 𝒇𝒂𝒏 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒃 THIS IS AN ORIGINAL STORY FROM MY WANDERING MIND. Please res...
20.4K 497 14
Lisa, an aspiring photographer, meets Kpop Princess, Jennie Kim in an unexpected way. Jennie grows fond of her and is determined to fight against all...