A Child of Mischief (Loki/Ave...

By krissy_girl94

Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late... More

1. Shock and Awe
2. Love and Unbearable Pain
3. Banishment
4. Hurtful Goodbyes
5. A New World
Time jump
6. Buisness As Usual
7. All Jokes Aside
8. Explanation
9. Traveling Realms
10. Asgard
11. Mind Over Reality
12. A Test of Skill
13. Festive Fiasco
14. Mind Games
15. Training the Mind
16. Battle Grounds
17. Mischievous Ways
18. Whose to Blame
19. Memory Lane
20. Secret of A King
21. Seeking Guidance
22. Decision Making
23. Royal Argument
24. Calling Home
25. Casting Votes
26. A New Day
27. Legends
28. New Life
29. Taking a Stand
30. Truth Telling
31. Secret's Out
32. Bargain
33. Meetings and Goodbyes
34. Unlikely Explaination
35. Rumor Control
36. Payback or Revenge
Time Jump
37. Unhinged
38. Deadly Birthday
39. A Lie Unveiled
41. A Family Reunited
42. Survival
43. Awakening
44. Winds of Change
45. One Final Test
46. Family Crisis
47. Offer of A Lifetime
48. 1 Year Later
49. Together Again
50. Festivity

40. Rescue Mission

52 2 0
By krissy_girl94

As Cora, Peter, Natasha, and the other recruits land on the Bifrost landing pad in the front yard of Avengers headquarters, Star Lord and his band of guardians, along with a few other Avengers all make their way to the landing pad as the bright light disappears.

"Everyone relax, it's only Cora and the other kids. Wait, Cora?" Peter Quill, otherwise known as Star Lord says in shock. Cora side eyes Star Lord and shakes her head.

"Has he not been brought up to speed on everything, or is he just giftedly dumb?" Cora asks as she looks around at all of the Avengers that stand in front of her.

"Yes, he has been. He is also a bit dumb." Gamora says as she walks up and hugs Cora, Cora hugs her back.

"Hey, I'm standing right here." Star Lord says with fake offense coating his voice.

"Buck, Star Lord, mind helping me escort these four to the holding cells?" Natasha asks, as she points out the four that tried to kill Cora earlier.

"Why are they being detained?" Bucky asks, Cora looks at the four rouge recruits before answering Becky's question.

"They went rogue and attempted to kill me, again." Cora says, and everyone's eyes go wide as they hear the last bit.

"Attempting to kill royalty, that is cause for a mass trial and possible executions." T'Challa or as most know him as Black Panther says as he comes up to Cora. Cora crosses her right arm over her left arm on her chest and then lowers her arms. T'Challa does the same thing and smiles at her.

"Wakanda forever." Cora says, T'Challa's smile grows bigger as he nods to Cora.

"Where's Thor?" Rocket the raccoon asks, Cora shoots him a death glare, and Peter slowly rubs Cora's arm to keep her calm.

"He stayed where he needed to stay, with all things considered." Cora says crossing her arms as she looks at everyone around her.

"Big macho man got beat by a girl, now that is funny." Drax belts out, and laughs at the end. Just as Drax finishes laughing, a single bolt of lightning comes down from the sky and strikes Drax head on. The strike being powerful enough to knock Drax a couple hundred feet away from the group and off his own feet.

"He is going to pay for that, when I get back up there." Cora says, as she scans the windows to see if the person she is searching for is watching the commotion take place.

"I am Groot." Groot says, everyone turns to him with questioning faces, Cora and Rocket exchange a look with each other, and shake their heads.

"You know, I'd tell you to watch your language, with that phrase. But, I'll allow it." Rocket says, Groot just looks at Rocket and gives a big grin.

"Ah, we thought that was you, Cora. I know why your back so soon, come with me." Agent Hill says, Cora looks over her shoulder at Peter, Andre, and Olivia. All three of them nod as they keep pace with Cora as she begins to make her way inside headquarters. As agent Hill, Cora and the other three recruits make there way through the training room to the elevator, a short, long dark haired little girl comes running up to Cora.

"Cora! Your back!" The little girl squeals as she runs to Cora. Cora scoops her up in her arms and gives her a big hug.

"Holy crap, Morgan! It's only been two weeks and you look like you grew a whole foot while I was gone." Cora says as she keeps Morgan in her arms. Pepper comes out of a side office and looks at Morgan.

"Morgan, what did I say about rushing at the recruits? If they are on guard and waiting on an attack, you could get seriously injured." Pepper says as she takes Morgan from Cora. Cora smiles at Pepper and messes up Morgans hair as she walks past them and on to the elevator. The elevator ride up to the second floor is silent and a little tense.

As the elevator stops on the second floor, agent Hill goes right, all those behind her, quickly follow suit. Cora can feel her heart rate increase with every step she takes. Stopping at a door on the left side of the hallway, agent Hill looks at Cora who quickly looks at her and then back to the door and nods. Agent Hill takes a deep breath before opening the door and stepping aside so Cora and the others can enter. The room is dark and a two-way pane of glass is all that separates them from those in the next room.

"We just want to know how you know about everything it is you are talking about?" Agent Coulson says to a thin dark haired woman. The woman keeps her hands on her face as she is confused and trying to not show her emotions.

"We brought you from that psych ward, because you were saying things to the staff that concerned them. And not making any sense about a certain fairytale place." Director Fury says as he places one of his hands on the table in front of the woman. Cora becomes red in the face and steps up to the door that enters into the next room, and pounds on the door. Both Director Fury and agent Coulson look toward the door, the woman keeps her head in her hands, but jumps from the loud noise. Fury and Coulson, both walk to the door and exit into the room where Cora and the others are.

"Now, what are you guys doing here?" Agent Coulson asks keeping his eye on Cora. Cora tries to keep her breathing calm, but fails. She begins to hyperventilate from anger.

"Stay calm. Otherwise we may not get her back." Cora hears Loki say in her head. Cora closes her eyes and takes a deep breath as she calms herself.

"What are you two doing to her?" Cora asks as she keeps her eyes on the woman in the next room.

"Routine interrogation, you know the protocol Cora." Fury says, Cora looks at him with daggers in her eyes.

"That doesn't look like a routine interrogation to me. How long has she been here?" Cora asks not taking her eyes off the woman.

"We brought her in a few days ago. We gave her system time to get all of those drugs out that the psych ward had been giving her." Agent Coulson states, Cora begins to feel tears sting her eyes. As Cora takes her eyes off the woman for a second, she sways in the chair and falls to the floor.

"Cora!" Peter yells, Cora looks up and see's the woman now on the ground. Looking between Director Fury and agent Coulson, Cora pushes into the room, and Olivia is already next to the woman having used her portal ability to transport into the room.

"She's still breathing. Looks as though she passed out from exhaustion." Olivia says as she checks the woman's pulse. Cora kneels down next to the woman and takes the picture she has out of the inner pocket of her jumpsuit. Placing the picture next to the woman, Cora gives a small smile, but quickly makes it disappear as she looks at Andre and Peter.

"Can one of you or both of you carry her?" Cora asks as she fully stands and backs up against the wall. Andre nods as he comes into the room and scoops the woman up.

"Now, wait just a minute. Where are you taking her?" Fury asks, as he blocks the door.

"We're taking her home." Peter says, from behind Fury, Fury turns in Peter's direction. He raises an eyebrow at Peter as he turns back to the group in the interrogation room. Just as Fury turns back to face Cora and the others, they rush through a portal Olivia had opened up while Fury was looking at Peter.

"Peter, meet us outside." Cora shouts as she runs through the portal. Just as Cora rushes through the portal, it closes behind her. And opens up outside near the Bifrost landing pad.

"Come on, Peter. Let's get you to the others." Natasha says as she comes into the room to retrieve Peter.

"Romanov, what are you?" Director Fury asks, Natasha raises an eyebrow at Director Fury.

"That's her mother. Anymore questions?" Natasha asks as she leaves the room with Peter. As they make their way to the elevator, Director Fury comes out.

"I thought her mother was dead."  Fury simply states. Natasha shakes her head and stares at Fury as she and Peter get on the elevator.

"So did she, until about two hours ago. When Odin confirmed that, that was a lie." Natasha says just as the doors to the elevator close and leave a stunned Director Fury at its entrance.

Once the elevator door opens on the main floor, Peter and Natasha break into a sprint to get outside and to the landing pad. Cora, Olivia, and Andre who keeps hold of Cora's mother, all wait for Peter and Natasha inside the landing pad. Once they make it inside the landing pad, Cora looks to the sky and calls to Heimdall.

"Heimdall, bring us back." Cora says and the bright beam of light re-emerges around all of them and sends them flying up into the sky. As the beam of light makes the Observatory glow brightly, all those that wait inside, back up to allow everyone to come through.

"How is she holding up?" Peter asks, just as Peter asks his question Cora's mother begins to moan. Cora looks at Olivia who nods and opens a portal that leads straight to the infirmary.

"Dagny, Runa!" Cora screams as they run through the portal and enter the infirmary, Dagny waits near a bed as Cora comes in screaming.

"Put her here." Dagny instructs. Andre lays Caitriona on the bed and she begins to writhe and groan.

"I cannot go through this again. Let me go!" She screams, Runa comes in and begins putting Caitriona's wrists into the leather restraints, so she doesn't harm herself.

"Nothing will happen to you this time, we are trying to help you." Dagny says as she brandishes a syringe and then sticks the needle into Caitriona's arm. Calming down ever so slightly, Caitriona turns her head toward Cora and her eyes go wide.

"Adamaris?" Caitriona asks before she passes out. The tears Cora had been holding back fall down her cheeks and she turns away and tries to leave the room, but Peter stops her by grabbing her and pulling her into a hug. Cora buries her head in his shoulder and begins to cry hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195 8 22
Loki, god of mischief, is getting ready to invade New York. There's only one thing standing in his way: the formation of the Avengers. That's when he...
3.3K 294 16
Driven by an insatiable yearning for personal happiness, Loki succumbed to the depths of his desires and set in motion a plan to reclaim what he beli...
357K 10.7K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...
357K 10.4K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...