Moon Bound

By Caranyx

𝟏 | π“π’πžπ 𝐭𝐨 𝐖𝐨π₯𝐯𝐞𝐬. __ Accalia Larren was born into a bloodline of hunters. A hunter family th... More

I
II
P R O L O G U E
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Book II

8

908 64 247
By Caranyx

A good impression
~
Accalia
~

"Just go," Accalia snapped to her cousin.

"Where the hell am I supposed to go? I don't even know where we are."

"Downstairs?" Accalia suggested, positioning herself behind Cadence and giving her a hard push through the door.

They both stumbled out and Accalia was positive as soon as they went to their destination, she would become lost in this labyrinth of a house.

Their destination being the kitchen. If they could find it.

They both rose at the crack of dawn, gearing up for the battle ahead as they both regained the energy from their restless slumber. Accalia slept restlessly on the chair beside Cadence, whilst her cousin seemed rested. The healer only checked on Cadence once more, growling at her to take it easy but all in all, she was fine.

Accalia thought the healer revelled in Cadence being in any pain.

"This is too welcoming for my taste," Cadence spun back around and tried to fight through Accalia to flee back into the room, "Let's just die from starvation in here."

"I'm hungry," Accalia seethed and crossed her arms, scanning the hallway that depicted no sign of anything living. No Lycus in sight.

As a hunter, at times going without the goodness of food, the necessity to eat would be at extremes. You could consume large amounts of food or nothing at all.

And seeing as Accalia hasn't eaten since yesterday before arriving at her father's house who has now disowned her, she at least wanted to quench one thing in her thrilling existence. To eat something until she felt like throwing up.

Since being thrown into this situation without warning, never asking for it and it being done against her will, Accalia's state of mind was in haywire.

All thanks to her Alpha mate that intended to keep her prisoner and rid her of any sense of normalcy she's accustomed to.

"Seeing as we haven't eaten in nearly twenty-four hours, I'm willing to come across a lycan even if it's Lycus if that means I eat." Accalia pressed, trying to match her height with a towering cousin. Cadence was an inch taller, to Accalia's dismay.

If Cadence's black eyes could be blackened much more, they did, two pools of black abysses narrowed at Accalia with a curled lip. "I'm going to stab him with a butter knife as soon as we get to the kitchen. And Gabriel as well if I come across him. Who knows, they're probably gonna poison us."

"What, you're not going to stab Nina?"

"Please," Cadence laughed, throwing her sprained arm around without a zilch of pain, "Did you look at the sight of her? She's shorter than little ol' Thea Sterling."

"Yeah? And Thea could still kick your ass."

Cadence rolled her eyes and it was these times, she unveiled her tortured beauty.

It was quite natural for Cadence Larren's dark olive skin to be lathered in cuts, bruises and old scars, her body was carved with them like a war-like canvas. Her tall and lanky stature seemed to be designed for it. Inked with blackness, Cadence's iris were obsidian and her dishevelled brown hair was always up and out of her face, revealing hollow cheeks and a sharp jaw.

Cadence was pretty, but no one would say it to her.

"They seemed to have left the place, huh? Just letting two dangerous hunters roam around," Cadence whispered with a wicked grin, trying to come across as scary as she wiggled her fingers out to Accalia to spook her.

"Trust me, they're around. Seeing as Lycus Fenris has no intention of letting me go." Keeping me as some sort of pet, Accalia dared to think.

"At least we're not in those cells, though, you know how bad it was for my back sleeping on that concrete?"

The Larren cousins came downstairs loudly, their boots clanging against the wooden floorboards and making their presence known.

The house was huge and polished. Three stories, handsome and unlike anything to the home Accalia has. The colours were browns and shades of black, paintings clung to walls, enriching items displayed throughout the house and almost untouched, as though, no one resides in it.

The Larren cousins stuck out quite oddly.

"And what are you two doing wandering around my home?" A voice asked deeply from behind them.

Accalia and Cadence shared a look before slowly turning around.

Cadence gave Lycus a deadpan look without hiding it, her jaw clenching at the sight of him. She observed him, not only the hate of what he was but what he had inflicted onto Accalia. Cadence call upon revenge soon enough with the look in her eyes.

His black hair was combed back this morning, amber eyes looking dreary for some reason and face quite pale.

Accalia noted that he may be restless, but despite all of that, he remained nightmarishly handsome to her disliking.

He paid no mind to Cadence, his gaze set on Accalia as he took her in. She was still in the same clothes, although she washed her face and tried to cleanse herself of his touch from last night.

"Good morning, Accalia," Lycus said silvery and she blinked, realising she was staring at him for too long.

"Where's the kitchen?" Accalia grumbled at him.

The three were invaded with silence, an awkward aura filling the air. Such a weird predicament ... Two hunters and a lycan in the same room by a force that bound two people together.

"This is awkward," Cadence coughed out, looking to the floor and rocking on her heels.

A bombarding noise of boots followed down a hallway and came into the fringe of where Accalia stood with her cousin was Gabriel, broad and towering with his petite mate strolling by him, taking extra steps to keep up with his long strides.

Gabriel and Nina came to Lycus's side and it drew over a thick blanket of deaths stares and wide stances.

Cadence bared her teeth, snarling.

"Your cousin is almost as savage as a lycan, Accalia," Lycus spoke, marking her with a dark look.

Accalia stood her ground with a remark on the tip of her lips, but before she could utter it, Gabriel stepped forward.

"I know this is a situation we don't like or are familiar with, however, Lycus is Accalia's mate and he has duties to her, such as protecting her. Cadence, you must keep your anger in line. Accalia ... you're fine, given the circumstances."

His voice drowned out, no one able to process Gabriel's perceptive with silence speaking louder. There would be no middle ground.

"I'll cook us all breakfast!" Nina clapped her hands together and advanced past the girls, disappearing around the corner.

Accalia narrowed her eyes at Lycus as questions toppled on top of each other. A few were out of right anger and hate toward him, the others were plausible and reasonable.

"Did you get our belongings from the car wreck? That's all me and Cadence have." The question pinned to Lycus and he gave a half-shrug in return.

Growing up, as children being stolen of innocence and youth, the Larrens' were given what they received and nothing more than that. If they didn't like it, they had to deal with and accept it. Tristan was the golden boy, the grandparents gifted him with money and weaponry. Cadence was the black sheep, the orphan with nothing left but a sword to wield. And Accalia was the princess that needed to be locked away, even though she broke through the tower and held her own.

All they had was in that wreaked vehicle because that was all they were given.

"I'll bring your belongings to the both of you," Lycus looked smitten and he gave his brother a sideways glance before continuing, "If we make a deal."

"Does our freedom involve that?" Accalia remarked tersely.

Lycus shook his head and Accalia's face immediately fell. "I have a gathering that will be commencing tomorrow afternoon, a few Alphas will be attending, that's why Gabriel is here. It's an event to ensure loyalty and treaties, but seeing as I now have you two to deal with, I need you girls to be on your best behaviour. If you do that, your clothing, weaponry and whatever else will be right at your hands. Deal?"

Accalia wasn't going to allow Cadence to speak or all hell would break loose. She weighed her options, thinking if any of this was worth it. At the moment? No. But she had a feeling she wasn't going to be leaving here anytime soon. Freedom eclipsed everything, but that would be a task to await itself.

"Fine, you got yourself a deal, Cadence and I will behave, but stay the hell out of my way and I'll stay out of yours."

Lycus grinned darkly and stalked past Accalia, shoulder brushing hers as he bent down to her ear. "I have no intention of doing that, Accalia."

Lycus straightened, looking over his shoulder to meet his brother's features that had suddenly gone cold. "Gabriel and Nina will be the ones to monitor you both throughout tomorrow."

From what Accalia knew, there were only seven pure lycan bloodlines.

Seven lycan bloodlines that spaced out over the centuries, ridding humans of their humanity by turning them, invading lands and territories to build packs.

And this all came to be because of the first ever created lycan bloodline. The first of their kind. Fenris.

From what Accalia had read, the Fenris family were tainted and marred with wars, sacrifices and secrets.

From the books she had read and from the whispers of hunters, there are only two brothers. One brother resides within the mountains, known for his quietness and the other in the gnarly depths of the forest.

Lycus Fenris. Accalia pondered on that name and throughout her life, came to familiarise herself with it. The notorious and prevailing Alpha who, over the past centuries has created nothing but bloodshed and wars.

He truly took after his Father's traditions.

The first son of the first lycan, creating a path to being the most fearful Alpha created. Tied to battles, bloodlust and lust itself, Lycus was rather indulgent in whatever he found interest in from what Accalia had studied and heard.

To her disgust, she just didn't expect him to be as handsome. Nor her mate.

It was late afternoon when cars started rolling into the Fenris territory and they made a point of not staying near the Fenris manor.

It was early in the day when Gabriel and Nina began monitoring the girls under Lycus's command. And so far, they haven't let up, continuously stalking and hovering, expecting the absolute worst. By this point, Accalia felt she committed treason with their constant watch.

In his lands, his word is law, it seemed.

The sun had dipped behind the mass of towering trees, shades of dark colours painted the skies and the moon gleamed promptly at Accalia. She focused on the numerous cars pulling up in a long and narrowing driveway, an evident distance away from Lycus's home and edged to another refined house.

Accalia stilled at the lycans stepping out of their vehicles.

The first were ones were three dark-skinned females, all graced with jewels and wealth. Two strayed behind the one in front that walked with elegance but all in unison, they all made way to the self-assured and prideful Lycus that stood a lot smaller from the distance.

How would Accalia take pleasure in kicking him in the face with her boot.

It looked like the three women glided instead of walked as they wandered off elsewhere after greeting themselves to the Alpha of Alphas.

More lycans came up to Lycus and greeted him in a way of respect. Some shaking hands, others avoiding eye contact and even bowing their head at him.

"You think they know there are humans here?" Accalia questioned, looking behind her where three figures stood around.

Cadence shot up and came to the window sill, observing everything with a sickened expression.

Gabriel also rose to his feet and came on over, although, maintaining a bridge away as he peeked over the girls' shoulders.

Nina didn't bother, she would most likely have to jump on Gabriel's shoulders to see.

"Lycus put in specific measures to ensure that doesn't happen. An oracle put a certain border around the house to protect your scents from others, but when near, I can tell the both of you are human. Although, Accalia, yours is quite different now."

A shiver swept across Accalia but she dismissed it, swallowing her curiosity as well as her fear. She didn't want to focus on how that worked.

Accalia's gaze travelled to the other end of the driveway where the last of the lycans made their way from.

Sashaying behind a blond-haired male who looked snouty and pompous, lingered a stunning she-wolf. The male gripped Lycus's hand and then nodded at him, turning back around he called upon the she-wolf who seemed to be enjoying the view.

But not of the view nature, but the freak of it.

Lycus.

Accalia's arms rested by her side and she merely tilted her head as she anticipated this exchange.

The she-wolf's honey blonde hair rippled down her body in lustrous waves, the sunlight touched her caramel skin with a glow and she rocked a tight red dress that hugged her body.

"Well, this just got boring," Cadence murmured as she turned on her heel and left the window.

Accalia remained as she couldn't help but notice the sudden coolness forming over Lycus's demeanour. Once standing straight and poise for the crowd, now seemed eager and laid-back.

The she-wolf came close to Lycus and looked like a kitten getting ready to strike at the wolf as she sauntered up to him.

From behind Accalia, Gabriel grunted and shuffled closer, looking over Accalia's head.

"What?" Accalia could see Gabriel from the reflection of the window looking disturbed, he had been so well-mannered and polite since they had met.

"That's Melina Thrax, Zenith Thrax's younger sister. Such a pestering she-wolf," Gabriel voiced out lowly and Accalia jumped. She didn't think she'd ever get used to being in the company of lycans unless it was to hunt them.

"The Thrax pack," Accalia drawled and continued to stare at the pair. "Lycus seems comfortable with her."

Gabriel grimaced and said, "Lycus is comfortable with every girl he's slept with."

Accalia didn't know whether to laugh or flush with embarrassment upon hearing those details. She wasn't surprised. He was a lycan, a carnal and lustful beast, they typically have a string of toys to play with.

A twinge of unease stabbed at her gut, but as quickly as it came, it left with a sensation of detachment and disinterest. Good.

Without warning, the she-wolf whisked her arms around his neck with a jump and pecked him on the cheek.

Accalia clucked her tongue, feeling like an intruder watching in on this, but a strain of venom teased at her tongue. "Hopefully my life is all a lie and they're actually mates." She hissed out as though she was a snake and stalked off.

Why couldn't he be mated to someone else and not me? Accalia thought deeply, the coils of her thoughts circling miserably as she brooded over this. She came to no result, no resolution, just a desolate and painful fact of who she is to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 459 34
The Lycans came to earth for only one thing .. MATES. One wrong decision from Lycan king changes everything in the Lycans planet. Moon goddess Durga...
10.4K 194 18
Moonbourne Chronicles Book #1 (unedited) In this universe, Lycans and Witches are sworn enemies. To witches, Lycans are beasts with no control. To...
163 23 18
When a wolf loses a mate by death their own death is near. Or that's what Marilyn was told growing up. If it was true she should have died two years...
921K 26.9K 30
"Slowly, little moon-- I'm not going anywhere." ***** Marked wolves were the only wolves that could conceive an A...