Newsies One Shots and Short S...

By JulieS084

Newsies one shots. Requests open. I will write almost any Newsie ship. I love Javey and Sprace, so there will... More

Requests Open
Javey- The Runner Part 2
Javey- The Runner Part 3
Sprace- Do You Hate Me?
Javey- It's Really You?- Soulmate AU
Sprace- I Don't Care About You- Soulmate AU
Sprace- I Don't Care About You- Soulmate AU- Part 2
Sprace- I Don't Care About You- Soulmate AU- Part 3
Crutchie/Davey- Who Did This To You?
Ralbert- I'm Not High- Soulmate AU
Javey/Sprace/Karah/Crantern/Ikeshot-Hat Swap Day
Javey/Sprace/Karah/Crantern/Ikeshot-Hat Swap Day Part 2
Sprace- The Rapper
Sprace- Conlon?
Sprace- Conlon? Part 2
Sprace- Conlon? Part 3
A/N Help Me Out A Little?
Grocery Shopping
Sprace- So Close, Yet So Far
Spot's Story
Flowers- How Medda Met Jack
Blush- Fights
Javey- Flower Talk
Javid- Mine
Ok. Ok? Ok.
Henry/Elmer- Peanuts
Sprace- The Field
Crantern- The Refuge
Spot/Race/Jack- Fighting Isn't The Answer (And Other Important Lessons)
Spot/Race/Jack- Fighting Isn't Always The Answer- Part Two
Sprace- This Is Smut
Sprace- This Is Sad
Jatherine- I Must Resist The Temptation To Turn Everything Into Javey
Temporarily Discontinued

Javey- The Runner

1.2K 10 23
By JulieS084

This is basically a recap of the movie, just... improved... a little... 😉 

(I 'improved the truth.' Get it?... Anyone?... Ok, I'll stop talking now...)

Also, we're just going to pretend that being gay was okay back then. 

Alright, now I'm really gone.

David Jacobs woke up to an unpleasant sensation. Almost like his eyes were open, even though he hadn't opened them. 'Then why can I see' came the thought in his sleepy brain, which quickly snapped awake and away from his brother, who had been peeling his eyelids back while he was sleeping. 

"LESLEY JACOBS!" 

The small boy looked up at his older brother, with a guilty expression, before jumping over the bed and sprinting for the fire escape. 

"Get back here you little piece of sh-" Luckily, David stopped himself before he blurted out what was on his mind. Unluckily, Les already had half his body out the window, but the older boy simply dived through it, tackling his brother and trapping him on the fire escape.

'Well,' He thought to himself. 'This was quite a way to start the day.'

( [ { } ] )

After a hurried and rather small breakfast, the Jacobs brothers set out for their first day of their new job, selling newspapers. As they approached the place where they would buy their newspapers, the two saw a crowd of boys dancing and singing, until they all stopped abruptly. There seemed to be some sort of conversation going on. All of a sudden, one boy broke through the crowd, dashed over to a cart, rolled under it, and seemingly disappeared.

David looked around, quickly spotting two other boys, about his age, sprinting after the first guy. They seemed to have lost sight of him, and they hopped up onto the cart he had rolled underneath, they both quickly received a swift kick to the chest from the first boy, who David decided to call 'the Runner' to save himself confusion. 

The Runner walked, no it was more like a swagger, over to the cheering crowd of boys, before bolting again, this time running straight into David, who straightened up, and asked. "What do you think you're doing?"

The Runner turned to face him, and, 'Holy *bleeping* *bleep*, this guy was seriously attractive...  Wait, did my brain just bleep out swear words that I was saying in my head? What the *bleep*?'

He was so wrapped up in his internal confusion that he almost missed two very important things. One, the Runner's response, the word itself, "Running" wasn't very interesting, but his voice captivated David. And two, the red bandana tied around his neck. 

'He couldn't be... like me... could he?'  He just stared as the Runner ran off, wondering if he was imagining things, but he knew he wasn't. 

A red bandanna around a guys neck was a known sign that he liked guys. 

( [ { } ] )

The Runner had calmed down and they were all standing in line to get their papers. David knew the headline sucked so he only got 20 papers, but something about the two men selling them made him feel inclined to count the papers, and he found there was one missing. He explained that, got yelled at, then the Runner stepped in and vouched for him. He also gave him 50 more papers, which David didn't want to take, for some reason...

'Or you just want an excuse to talk to him...'

'Shut the *bleep* up, brain!' 

'And quit *bleeping* doing that!'

Two minutes later, the Jacobs brothers had a selling partner, whose name was Jack Kelly or Cowboy. David wasn't really sure how it had happened, but it did, and he wasn't complaining. 

( [ { } ] )

It was near the end of the day, when Jack was spotted by an old 'friend' and the next thing David knew, he was running. Again. And this time, he and Les were running after him. They ran over a boxing ring, through a few alleys, up a fire escape, through a window, up some stairs, off of a roof and finally, David, or Davey as Jack had dubbed him, screeched to a halt, turned to face the Runner, put his hands on his shoulders to get him to stop, quickly removed them, and flat out refused to run any further. 

Jack simply responded by half hugging him to gently move the Jacobs boy out of his way. The curly haired boy sighed and followed him and Les through a door marked, 'Stage Entrance.'

( [ { } ] ) 

Davey was blushing so bad he felt like he would catch on fire at any moment. First, he had gotten annoyed with Jack for trying to keep them out of jail. Then, he'd acted like he didn't believe the Cowboy that he'd stolen food because he was starving. After that, they'd gotten caught, told to get out, and welcomed in almost all at once. Then the Runner had grabbed his ascot and pulled him along while facing him. 

And if that wasn't the worst of it, during Medda's show the boys stood next to each other and the Cowboy caught the brown haired boy sneakily checking him out. His reaction was simply a smirk. Davey turned back to the show in an effort to hide his growing blush. 

He failed. Dismally. 

( [ { } ] )

After the show ended, the three boys headed back out the way they came. Davey was the last one through the door, and after closing it, his eyes immediately fell on Jack. Again. 

This time he was leaned up against a wall, lighting a cigarette. 

'Damn' He thought wistfully. 

'Damn,' Echoed his brain. 

'Hey, you finally stopped bleeping!' 

'Yeah, I did. Now pay attention, he's about to say something.' 

Ignoring the fact that he had just had a conversation with his brain, Davey gave Jack his full attention, well, almost, he was still keeping an eye on Les.

"So," Started the Cowboy, "You liked that?"

"Oh I did." 

'What am I doing?'

"I loved that." 

'What the *bleep* am I doing?'

"It was great."

'WHAT THE *BLEEPING* *BLEEP* AM I DOING?'

"She is beautiful." 

'WHAT THE *BLEEPING* *BLEEP*  *BLEEP* AM I DOING? I LIKE GU-'

'SHUT UP! Look at him!' 

Davey, once again, chose to obey his brain and he looked at Jack. He couldn't help but smirk a little. By simply saying what he'd said, he'd managed to make the Jack Kelly, jealous. 

But then Jack looked up, saw Davey smirking and seemed to regain himself. He got a mischievous glint in his eyes and a smirk of his own, while Davey's slipped away, unsure of what the Runner would do. 

What he did not expect was for the Cowboy to lean towards him, gently run a thumb over his cheekbone, then lean in even further and to the side to the point that his lips brushed the other's ear as he whispered, "I could show you's something more enjoyable." 

At that moment Davey's mind went completely blank. His face must've shown it, too, because as Jack pulled away his smirk only grew wider. 

'Close your mouth, Dumb*bleep*'

Davey quickly snapped his mouth, that he hadn't realized was open, shut. 

'Say. Something.'

Davey swallowed thickly before saying quietly, "My nine year old brother is standing right there."

As Jack glanced at Les, who was thoroughly engrossed in his candy, Davey's brain was berating him again.

'You. Idiot.'

'I know.'

'HE JUST-'

'I know.'

'AND YOU SAID-'

'I KNOW!'

'YOU DUMBA-'

"Glad to know that's the only problem you have with that." 

'What?'

'WHAT?'

"W-what?" Davey stuttered.

"I said," Answered the Cowboy slowly as he walked towards him. 

"Glad." That was one step. 

"To know." Another step. 

"That's." Davey took a step back now, as the Runner stepped forward. 

"The only." Another step for each. 

"Problem." Davey was running out of room now. 

"You." His back hit the wall. 

"Have." Jack took another step towards him. 

"With." Neither could walk any farther, so Jack just dipped his head down slightly. 

"That." He finished in a whisper, right next to Davey's ear, again. This time he couldn't suppress the involuntary shiver that went up his spine. 

Jack pulled his head back from the boy's ear, and they looked at each other. Straight in the eyes. Blue on brown. Until Jack drew closer, with one arm leaning on the wall next to David's head and the other on said boy's waist, and the Runner placed a kiss in the same spot he had been whispering. 

He heard a small, almost imperceptible whimper escape the boy in front of him, and he drew back a bit, with a slightly satisfied and mischievous smirk on his face, so that he could see more of Dave's face. His smirk only grew at the sight of how much of a mess he had made the boy turn into, and he leaned back in, fitting his head in the place where the brunet's neck and shoulder met. 

Once he felt the curly haired boy begin to relax he shifted his head, to kiss the spot, instead of resting there. He felt the boy tense up again, as he slowly transitioned from kissing to nipping at the spot. 

Davey was trying his hardest not to let out a moan, it was extremely difficult and he did end up letting out another small sound. That only egged Jack on further. Content with the hickey he'd left, he trailed kisses up towards the other boy's face. Once he got to the first place he'd kissed him, a spot right next to his ear, David exhaled shakily, then breathed out, "Jack... Stop... Please..." 

The Cowboy paused long enough to murmur, "Do you really want me to?"

A beat, and then, "No." David then caught him by surprise by switching their positions, so he had the Runner pinned against the wall instead of the other way around. 

He breathed out his response through gritted teeth to a very surprised Jack, "But I don't want to start something I can't finish."

He turned on his heel and strode back to where Les was, still thoroughly invested in his candy and peacefully oblivious to the world around him. It took Jack a minute to absorb what had just happened, but once he did he followed the brothers, who were starting to walk back home. 

( [ { } ] ) 

The Jacobs were very welcoming towards Jack and invited him to stay for dinner. He did and everyone had a great time, except Les, who was asleep for 93% of it. After dinner Davey and Jack stood on the fire escape just looking out at the world and talking about anything. Well, anything except what they should have been talking about.

'What are you doing you Dumb*bleep*? Ask him!'

Davey sighed, then gave in to his brain. 

"Hey Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"About what happened ton-"

"Look, if you want to forget it, I unders-"

"Who says I want to forget it?"

'WOO HOO!!! GO DUMB*BLEEP*!!!'

"Are you sayin' you don't?" 

"Of course not! Why would I want to forget?"

"Well, you's was backing away from me, and then you's begged me to stop, and then you's ran o-"

Davey put a hand over the other boy's mouth to stop him from talking, before explaining. 

"I backed away because I didn't know what you were going to do, I asked you to stop because, like I said, I don't want to start something I can't finish, and I walked away to get Les to make sure he hadn't overdosed from sugar. 

If it was up to me, I'd rather not forget."

'Way to go, Dumb*bleep*! You've made me proud. (Wipes away tear)'

David tentatively removed his hand from the other's mouth, waiting for Jack's reply. The Cowboy carefully took the brunet's hands in his own, looking down at them before replying, "Yeah, I don't really want to forget it either." 

The Runner looked up, and the boys held eye contact. Neither consciously noticed that they were leaning closer, until their foreheads touched. Then they just stayed there content to be with each other. 

Until, the curtains behind the window rustled, and the boys sprang apart as Mr. Jacobs' head poked through, telling Davey that it was time to come in. He quickly agreed, and his father's head retreated into the living area. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." Davey said nervously. 

"Yeah." Jack paused scratching the back of his neck. "And, we'll talk about this. Right?"

"Of course." The curly haired boy answered. 

The Runner visibly relaxed and moved to head down the stairs. 

"Jack." He looked up at David again. "Why don't you stay here tonight?"

The Cowboy considered it, but he knew the other Newsies would worry if he didn't show. 

"No thanks, I got my own place." 

"Alright." Davey paused, somewhat awkwardly, them reached out to shake his hand. 

"Carrying the banner."

As they both pulled away, David took a step forward and placed a kiss on the Runner's cheek. 

"Good night, Jack." 

"Yeah... G'night, Dave."

They parted that night with smiles on their faces, but neither was prepared for what would happen in the morning... 

Dun dun dun... So, cliffhanger, I'm sure no one can guess what happens next. (Note the sarcasm) 

Please comment on anything you liked, disliked, want to see again, want to throw in a furnace and never think about again, etc.

 Also, funny story, it was supposed to be short, but then... this... just... happened. Sorry, I am gonna make a part two. Even though at the moment, no one has clicked on this book. So thank you! Again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 292 20
A oneshot compilation for the broadway version of Newsies that began with someone else's typo (here's lookin at you, @omg_im_totes_biii): There are l...
34.3K 927 56
Everyone has a soulmate, they just don't know who. There a different ways you can find your soulmate, so how will The Newsies find theirs? Read as ou...
21.5K 556 46
Believe me: it (might) get better after a while. I try to have a equal amount of angst and fluff, but there is a high chance that there will be more...
9.2K 772 95
This isn't even that much of an ask or dare now. But, it would be greatly appreciated if you would leave questions or dares. Please. :)