Serendipity

By shut_theduck

Previously known as - Us Feyre - A silent and calm girl living alone in a small apartment. As an orphan she f... More

Us
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
Luke
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
Epilogue
ARCANE

1

24.6K 490 96
By shut_theduck

We weren't meant to be-
-Feyre

Flashback

So it all started when...

I woke up with the sound of my alarm clock and I swear if it it buzzed one more time I'll end up buying a new one till the end of the day. I think I forgot to close the curtains last night because now the sunlight is irritating me.

Suddenly with a jerk I threw the blanket away which till now was covering my face. As realisation hit me or more like my body hit the floor.

Well well guess who's gonna get fired today

'YOU MY BAE'

Well well fuck the shut up

'Wha-'

It's already 7:15 and my office starts at 8:00.

Fuck I was gonna get my salary too

'GUESS WHO'S FUCKED UP? '

This smexy bitch right here

I quickly showered, did my business and dressed up as soon as I can. Wearing my oh-so I'm late dress.

Being honest it was just lying on the couch as I forgot to keep it in the wardrobe but anyways I live alone so nobody cares.

I surely am not ready to start my morning with my boss lecturing me so I grabbed my bag and locked the door, heading towards the beginning of my day.

---

When I reached the building, I greeted my colleagues. They informed me that sir is grumpy today so I ran towards the elevator.

Ofcourse the day i get late is the day he chose to wake up by the wrong side of his bed.

As soon as I reached the first floor I started walking faster so that I won't be late but ended up colliding with someone. I saw a man in his early 50's on the ground groaning. I think I should guess already that my boss is planning my funeral.

Hmm, will the world miss meh?

'Umm not the fuck'

Wha-

"I am really sorry sir I wasn't paying attention. Are you okay? " I asked him panicking.

"Oh no, it's okay dear" He assured me.

"I am really sorry sir. Wait let me help you"  I told him as his files were scattered all over the floor as well as mine too.

When the mess was cleared I gave him his files. I don't know why but he seems familiar to me. I ignored that thought and glanced at my watch. I was already 15 minutes late.

We both quickly murmured a small bye as I ran towards Mr. Knight's office. I knocked his door and after sometime I heard a small "come in".

He was leaning against his chair and he looked very angry as he watched me entering his office.

'Looks like someone woke up from the wrong side of the bed'

He looked grumpy and definitely not in a good mood. Well guess my colleagues were not just trying to scare me. So basically I'm dead.

"Good morning Mr. Knight" I said with a nervous smile.

"Good morning Ms. Feyre, only if I do not mention you're 15 minutes late" He said with the same smile I gave but a mocking one to be specific.

"I didn't meant to sir I was here on time I just collided with someo-" He cut me off.

"New day, new excuse? I hope you know that I don't like tardiness. I warned you yesterday too but I think you can't take your work seriously" He said angrily.

"You are fired" He said sternly.

Wait what? How can he do that to me?
Well I mean he can but it's sad.

It's really my first month at work and he is already firing me. How will I pay my rent now? I last paid my rent 4 months ago and this job is my last hope. If he fired me then I will seriously end up in streets.

My landlord already is a scary lady, no way in hell i want to face her wrath.

"Sir please don't fire me, I am not making excuses" I said or more like begged.

"You are fired Ms. Feyre" He told me as I watched his jaw clenching.

Yeah clench that jaw make your bones crush. Not the right time fey!

"But - "

"Out"

"Sir please let me explain once"

After a few minutes he looked like he was thinking about something but when
he didn't say anything, I got my answer.

We shall look for a sugar daddy

'Fuck yeah dude'

I sighed walking slowly but before I could grab the doorknob a voice stopped me.

"Wait " He said as he started coming closer to me.

"I have a deal for you"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as soon as those words left his mouth. He looked at me smirking and I swear at this moment I wanna hit his head with a hammer so that his brain starts working again. He really told me to get out and now he's stopping me.

Son of a hawt mom

Yeah no jokes when I googled about him I say images of his mom. Dang if I didn't fell in love the moment I saw her.

"What do you mean? " I asked him

"I'll tell you later, for now bring me my coffee and meet me in my office before going back" He said firmly as he turned away from me.

"But wasn't i fired 5 minutes ago?" I asked him confusingly tilting my head a bit.

"You were but I changed my mind "

"Huh?"

"I'll explain later for now continue with your work. I want all the files done by 10:00 a.m. " He said while glanced at some sheets lying on the table.

"Uh, yeah sure sir" I said, more like asked.

I gave him his coffee and continued my work. What deal was he talking about?

Whatever it is I can't afford to lose this job. I have to pay my rent tomorrow anyhow.

Wait did I water the plants today?

--

Right now I am sitting with my colleagues having lunch as I skipped breakfast. We were all talking about how Mr. Knight fired three people today and was shouting at everyone but then suddenly a voice interrupted us.

"Hello Feyre"

"Hello to you too Flynn"

Flynn is a very sweet and handsome man in his mid 20's. He was my first friend who helped me when I first joined.

" It's good to see you survive another day here. I thought I would see you with all your things packed today" Flynn said with a taunting smile.

"4 Survival day completed" We said in unison and shook hands.

--

I was done with my work and started walking towards Mr Knight's office.

After some minutes when I heard nothing I entered his office without permission as the door was half opened.

What if he was actually in there but dead? Or what if he sues me for invading his privacy?

Anyways the blunder is already done now we wait for the thunder.

The office was beautiful with the sunlight covering the grey mattress. The walls of his office were painted black, grey and white. The sunset outside was worth watching as the one side of his office was made of glass.

There was a book shelf as it caught my attention. I love reading and writing and right now I felt I was in heaven.

Suddenly the door opened as Mr. Knight showed up. I was literally gawking at his perfect muscles as his sleeves were rolled up. I felt like I was in heaven as a Greek god stood in front of me.

Books look at the books. Books yes nice books.

"It's rude to glare, Ms. Feyre" His tone laced with amusement.

"No actually-"

"You like reading? " He asked

"Yeah, how'd you know? "I asked

"The way you were staring at the book shelf  and books before I disturbed you clearly shows you like reading"

'He has brain' I asked myself

"Yeah, I do " He said

'He heard that' my eyes widened in surprise

"Yeah, I wasn't supposed to, was I?"

After some minutes of silence I grabbed a glass of water near me and started drinking it to avoid eye contact with him.

"I want you to marry me by the end of this month" he said

And I literally chocked on water and started coughing. I faced him and there was no trace of any emotion on his face other than seriousness which means whatever he said he meant it.

Or maybe no this has to be a joke.

"It will be just a deal that will end up in two months. I will pay your rent for the next six months"

"How do you know about my rent?" I asked with confusion but right now I can feel different type of thoughts covering my mind.

"I have my own ways"

"But why would you pay me  Just to be your wife for two months? Not that you can't get anyone else" I asked him as I was beyond confused.

"I am getting much more than you are" He said smirking.

"Still doesn't answer why me?"

"Well you will get to know about that with the other information itself " He told me with a hint of seriousness behind his words.

"I don't think I'll do it" I said.

Why would I? Marry a person I don't even know properly? He's a man with much wealth, the trouble I will get in by marrying him will be nothing compared to the money.

And with that I moved away from his gaze thinking about finding a new job as soon as possible.

Or maybe a sugar daddy it is.

"Okay, then be ready to face the consequences"

"What do you mean? "

He stepped closer looking directly into my eyes as if challenging me.

"I will make sure you're jobless for rest of your life " He threatened me

"You won't do that" I said panicking. He won't do that right?

"Try me"

"Are you seriously blackmailing me"

"Am I? "

"Why are you doing this to me? "

"Because I can"

"Yes or no? "

"But-"

"yes or no Ms. Feyre"

I know one wrong step and he can literally sue me. I won't be able to get a job. I will end up in streets. It took so much hardwork to reach the position as his personal assistant. It's just two months I can do it. But how? I sighed.

"Okay I accept your deal"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 98K 79
--------------- "Now answer my question", He speaks, this time with his serious tone. "What ?", I ask him . "Will you go out with me ?" ...
2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...