The Blemished And Scarred

By itsworthreading

A sequel to 'The Blemished' Not a stand alone. ------ "Why do you hate me so much" "that's not true. We woul... More

Disclaimer
2. Realization
3. Paying Back
Available on Kindle

1. Promise

7.1K 351 17
By itsworthreading

It is very difficult when you know someone is not at fault, but that someone has wronged someone else. 

It is difficult to keep your cool,  when you know a person is responsible for someone's misery.

Veer was going through same feelings.
But he had promised his favorite person that he would look after his elder brother.

It was two days since Sunaina left.

Kabir opened his eyes, waking up from his deep slumber, and noticed a figure sitting beside him on the bed. 

"How are you Bhai?" Veer asked.

Kabir smiled, a genuine smile formed on his face, as his heart acknowledged his baby brother.

"Now you got the time to come here? Finally?" Kabir asked him playfully.

"You know you look better ordering around." Veer said and Kabir laughed.

But he noticed, Veer did not join his laughter.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked.

Veer looked down and shook his head.
"Just get well. I can't see you like this."

Kabir was touched.

He tried sitting up with the support of his left hand and Veer was quick to help him.
Veer then sat near him and took his right hand in his, that was still under a plaster. He caressed the open fingers gently. And looked up at him. Kabir was already staring at him.

"Does it still pain? " he asked.
And Kabir shook his head.
This side of Veer was new to Kabir. He always thought, Veer tolerates him because he is friends with Vihaan. But today he realized that Veer genuinely cared. He was touched by his gestures.

They shared a small talk and Veer enthusiastically told him about all the happenings of the company. He was amused at how Veer described that the employees were leisurely working in his absence. He had laughed out loud at that.

Suddenly, Veer's eyes caught something. There was a small shining object. Veer stretched his hand and pulled it from under Kabir's pillow.
For a moment, Kabir was startled, when Veer held the mangalsutra dangling in his hand.
He was equally surprised. He looked at Kabir and Kabir shrugged.
As Veer took time to observe the ornament and shook it near his ear. He looked at it and again repeated the action.

"What is this? " he asked.

"I have no idea. Looks like its custom made. Appears to have something inside. But I am not sure if it really opens."

Veer nodded in understanding and tried to observe the pendant carefully and there he found a small slit.

"There's a slit. It's like a lock. Did you try that? "

"I tried. It doesn't open." Kabir replied.
Veer looked at it again and he remembered the owner of the mangalsutra.

"It's beautiful though. Just like her." Veer said dreamily.

Kabir did not answer.

"That's so thoughtful of her. " He suddenly exclaimed.

"What is it?" Kabir asked.

"Your initials." Veer replied as if it was  so obvious.
"What do you mean?" Kabir's interest peeked up.

Veer looked up at him, as if not believing that he could miss on such a detail.

Veer came closer to him and showed him the creeper of K that was entangled into S.
Kabir was stunned as he realized, it was true. He never took time to analyze the pattern and was struggling only to open the pendant.

He was short of words.

Veer then remembered something and asked him about the ring that had the similar patterns. Kabir just pointed towards the drawer of his bedside table. Veer got up pulled the drawer open and fetched the ring. When he looked carefully to find the similar patterns, he noticed a small pin like extension, that looked out of place.

Just to give it a try, he slid the pin extension of the ring, in the slit of the mangalsutra's pendent and twisted it.

It opened.

Both Kabir and Veer gasped.
A small chip fell down on the bed. It was just like a memory card.

They both looked at each other confused.

Why would someone keep a chip so safe and secured? What it could possibly contain?

Veer was the first to pick it up and looked at it and then at Kabir. Kabir was still struggling to digest the fact.

"Do you have a card reader?" Veer asked and Kabir immediately snatched the card from him.

"I'll see what it contains, when I am alone." Kabir stated.

Veer stood up offended.

"I want to see it. I opened it for you."

Kabir blinked, buying some time.

"okay, I'll tell you later if it's worth telling." he replied.

Veer was not happy with this.
"What if it's not worth looking, I mean  she might have some personal photographs. You can't watch that without her consent."

Kabir was now loosing his cool. He gave him a stern look.

Veer was not to be intimidated.
He stood to his full height, crossing his arms, with a challenge in his eyes.

Kabir felt loosing in front of the boy. 

"Okay, tell me what do you want? "

And Veer changed his posture. He placed his forefinger at the corner of his lips tapping it and looked towards the ceiling, as if in deep thought.

Kabir knew his tantrums. He promised him to say yes to whatever he demands.

"Not much. There's a trek in Shimla."

Kabir raised his eyebrows.
"You want me to sponsor that? " that was so easy.

But Veer had other plans.

"No, I want you to make my Mom send me there."

"What are you saying. Your parents anyways won't refuse." Kabir asked surprised.

"She was not ready the last time. She would refuse and then Dad would too. Do something, so that she coaxes me to go to the trek."

Kabir chuckled.

"You are evil, you know that?"

Veer laughed and said,  "I can't help Bhai, being trained under two devils."

He went to the other side of the bed and fetched Kabir's laptop and a card reader that was placed in the hardware cabinet. Placing it in front of Kabir, he gave him a dazzling smile and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

-----------------------------

First chapter up.

What do you think is in the card?

Any thoughts?

Vote....
Comment....

Love.........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 161 8
This is the story of Kokoro.. Or Koaru Miura, who lacks the ability to process any real emotion ever since birth. So he spends his life acting to rep...
Frozen Hearts By Lavender

Mystery / Thriller

5.8K 341 26
We all have planned something in life but the thing we don't realize is life has already plotted our destiny. When we will begin and when we will bre...
44.3K 1.1K 56
Have you ever felt ignored by your loved ones. Have you felt broken or unwanted becoz of that. Let's see what the hero feels when , he felt ignored...
402K 14.5K 192
(BEING RE-PROOFREAD ATM) Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, bec...