Narnia's Shadow // Peter Peve...

Por TrutherReal

She was a girl from inside the wardrobe. He was a boy from outside the wardrobe. ~~~~ "You're joking?" I scof... Más

Cast
Playlist
Prologue
Our Last Hope
Never Be One of Them
Trust
Anger and Frustration
A Blush
Wish Granted
My Prophecy
Sacrifice
Between Life and Death
Kissed By An Angel
Love Is... Choosing You
Gone
Epilogue
BOOK 2

What is Love?

120 2 0
Por TrutherReal

Its been a week since the battle with the White Witch. A week since Aslan finished her forever. A week since Tumnus and I were reunited. A week since the kiss between Peter and I shared. A week since I have been avoiding him. A week of getting closer to Susan who I found seemed to be more interested in dresses and hair than in battle strategies and weapons.

Yes, its been a week. A very, VERY long week.

I had managed to avoid Peter until the day of the Kings and Queens coronation. Its not like I am embarrassed because I had kissed Peter but because I know the status and the role that it had played in. It had occurred to me the next day that he is to be King while I am to be their Royal Guard. And we can't do our part if a distraction is to be between us.

It also came across when the two Queens and I were speaking that I don't age. I am forever stuck at the age of eighteen while my wisdom and those around me age. While Peter ages and grows older. At such a revelation I quickly ask for their advice to what I should do. 

At the moment as I am getting ready for the Coronation I think past to that conversation.

——————————-

As Susan was brushing my tangled hair, Lucy and I talked about things that the older sister  would scoff or scold Lucy for ever thinking of such things. It confused me for we were only talking about how to wield the weapons correctly for battle. I wince as yet again Susan pulled a lock of my hair for which she apologized under her breath.

It got quiet between us. One the sound of the birds chirping outside the open window and the brush running through my light brown hair.

"Does it ever scare you to watch the people you love age away?" Susan suddenly asked me. "While you stay the same?"

The question caught me off guard for I wasn't prepared for her to ask such a thing. I shrug as I ponder over it.

"At times." I admit. "But people in Narnia tend to live very long before dying. Although," I sigh, "there are times I think about what would happen if I were to fall in love... and they had to grow old. Then, maybe I would ask Aslan to keep that part of me locked away so I could grow old with them." I clear my throat at the pitied look Susan threw my way when she stopped brushing my hair. "But that will never happen because I cannot get distracted over a petty thing."

"What?" Susan's eyes widen in disbelief. "Not fall in love? I cannot wait until the day I meet my Prince Charming."

Lucy put a finger in her mouth with her tongue sticking out as if she were pretending to choke. I smirked that little Lucy thought that 'love' was just as disgusting and useless as I did.

She turned to me with a giggle when she caught the amusing smile on my face.

"You say, that you wish you can age. But I say, I wish I could stay young forever." Lucy says with a smile. "Oh, to be a kid and never worry about growing up. There is a story in England about a boy who never grows up in a place called Neverland."

I was confused at what she was saying but I listened anyway. Annoyance grew over me as Susan interrupted poor Lucy in the middle of her story by getting back to the previous conversation.

"If you are so certain that you won't fall in love than why did you kiss Peter?"

I paused in my answer. Why? Because, I didn't have one. Why did I kiss King Peter? Maybe it was because I almost lost him to the Witch and I got caught up in the moment to even think twice. Or, maybe it was how he looked in his armor. For the few days that I have known Peter, the more I was slowly figuring out that I had been growing strange feelings towards him. I was — still am — annoyed that I don't know what it means or why I'm feeling such emotions.

"I don't know." I replied to her quesiton. "All I know is that I feel something for King Peter. I just don't know what it is."

Susan smiled large while Lucy's round eyes got larger as her jaw fell open. I looked back and forth between the two girls in confusion. They were passing me a look as if I said that I was the long-lost daughter of Jadis the White Witch.

"That's called, 'love'." Susan explained to me. My eyes widen at the truth of it.

"My stomach felt funny," a nod, "my heart starts to beat faster," another nod, "heat rushes through my cheeks," they both nod. "... that means that I'm... in... love?"

The two Queens glance at each other in amusement before turning to me with a wide grin, nodding their heads violently. "Yes!" They shoot in unison.

My heart stop as I could feel my face turn pale with my eyes wide. Oh, bless on Aslan's mane.

I'm in love with Peter Pevensie.

————————————

I stood in front of the mirror staring at the armor that seemed to fit my body perfectly. The golden Lion crest was printed in front, over maroon color. The chainmail was cold against my skin but it cooled my racing heart.

My long brown hair was pulled back tightly into a braid that cascaded to my mid-back. It was over my bow which is already positioned over my shoulders. The belt that held my daggers, wrapped tightly around my waist to prevent it from falling. And to complete myself, I had my midnight, blue cloak. And finally, the large golden staff sitting in my right hand. A Lion's head sits on the top, showing the status and respect it holds to the person it belongs to.

I smile with pride at how far I have come to reach this moment. How today, not only are the Kings and Queens going to be crowned but I am going to officially become their Royal Guard. The Shadow Knight of Narnia. The protector of the Kings and Queens of Adam and Eve.

My entire life has been led up to this special moment. I have trained and practice for this. Laid down my life for this position which I tend to honor and to keep.

Narnian's will become disgusted or they will praise that a worthless human is chosen as the Royal Guard. I accepted that I will never belong but as long as I get the approval of Aslan, Tumnus, and the Pevensie siblings that is all that matters. There will be people who enter and then leave all because of a status. Or, for achieving something great.

All I have to do is wave and smile.

Even though the knock was soft and gentle I jumped as it brought me out of my thoughts. Not wanting to keep whoever was behind the door waiting, I ran and open the door.

Tumnus smiled his kind smile. I notice that he traded his red scarf — the same one that he wears since I made it for him all those years ago — for a dark green scarf with gold all around the rims. I smile at my friend as he mockingly bowed.

"I have been asked to retrieve the new Royal Guard of Narnia." He teased. I playfully glare at the faun as I swat his chest causing him to laugh.

"I told you not to call me that, Tum." I lightly scold. "I will forever be Natasha."

"I know, I know."

We both start to walk down the hallway to make our way to the throne room where the coronation will be held. The two of us laughed and talked. It reminded me of how much of a friend he was to me.

Tumnus has been by my side for as long as I can remember. My best friend since I first stood up for him. He was there for me when others turn away because of my eyes. Tumnus would compliment them and wouldn't shy away from my abilities. Instead he helped me control them until I turned eighteen. I smile at all of the pranks we pulled together and the laughter we shared growing up.

"I want to thank you." I tell him. He tilts his head to the side with a raised eyebrow urging me to continue. "Thank you for always being my friend. For staying by me when I was mad. Or, when I doubted the Prophecy. You are my best friend, Tumnus. Even though you are shy, you stood up for me against others who teased me for my status."

The large doors were open revealing Narnian's arriving and chattering amongst themselves as they waited for the coronation to start — which told me that we were early. Four beautiful chairs were placed across of us, ready for the people who will sit down on them to be the center of attention.

I stare up at his eyes to find them red.

"I should be the one thanking you." Tumnus suddenly said. "I am the one who betrayed you by almost turning Queen Lucy to the Witch. I don't deserve your words." He turned away as his ears flittered down. "I lost your trust by revealing your secret to her. I failed you, Natasha."

I shook my head stubbornly at his words. Gently grabbing over for his warm yet rough hand. Running my fingers over the fur on the back of his hand but he still hadn't  glanced at me.

"You almost turned her in." I remind him. "But you didn't because your last bit of faith did not allow you to. You will forever be my best friend, Tumnus, and that will never change all because you told my secret. You were held against your will and you didn't have a choice. My trust for you will never be broken." I gave him a soft look as he finally looks at me with a bashful smile. "Best friends forever and always..."

"...Across Narnia far and wide."

——————————

I nod at the Centaurus who made an aisle for the Prophesies to walk down. They rose their swords high above their heads as the four Pevensie siblings — with Aslan standing between the boys and the girls — walk up the aisle and hesitate a bit at the steps. I smile at young Lucy who giggles and makes the first move up the steps. Her older siblings follow.

They each stand in front of their appropriate throne which had the royal crest carved into the cushions. 

My position was next to Peter's throne, my body was at an angle; half to the crowd and half to the Kings and Queens. 

Peter threw a smile my way causing me look away, my attention foreword. I curse at the heat that rush up to my cheeks to the reaction of his adorable smile. 

My eyes caught on Tumnus who was in charge of crowning the soon-to-be Royals while the Beavers held them. I gave him an encouraging smile to ease his nerves.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." Aslan spoke as Tumnus places a beautiful crown on her curled head. "To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." The said boy's eyes widen at his title with the crown on his head. "To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan the Gentle." Susan gave Tumnus a kind smile as she curtsied. "And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter the Magnificent." Peter bowed so it would be easier to place the crown on his head. He lifted his head up with determination and responsibilities fell upon his shoulders. 

Aslan glances at me with a nod to let me know that I can speak up now. I walk closer causing the attention to turn to me. With my head held high, I raise my glowing staff  up into the air, my cloak flutters behind me. 

"With my oath, I promise to be by the Kings and Queens side until the day I draw my last breath. As long as Aslan shakes His mane, I will protect the lives of those who cannot." I speak with such a sincere tone and honesty. "With this staff in my hands, the bow on my back, and abilities in my veins, I will place my life down for Queen Lucy, King Edmund, Queen Susan,..." I steal a quick glance to the eldest King who was already looking at me with a glint in his blue eyes. "... and to King Peter as long as Narnia belongs to them. I, Natasha the Shadow of Narnia and the Royal Guard to the Kings and Queens, will forever be in your debt." I turn to the rest of them with a proud smile on my lips. "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down the heavens."

Everyone starts to cheer as we all chant; "Love live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

494K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...
103K 2.7K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...
425K 11.7K 34
EDMUND X READER "Edmund, I... I like you" I confessed. Fiddling with my fingers. My eyes were looking at everything. Anything. Anything but him. "I j...
176K 5.8K 29
"Oh. Milady Ashton, are you going to the ball for King Peter." The young centaur shyly asked Ashton. Ashton crouched down next to her, meeting her ey...