Dismissed (1) - JJ Maybank

By dumbbitchmode

what happens when a girl afraid of hurt and heartbreak finds comfort in her best friend who breaks hearts nea... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE AND DISCLAIMER
Cast
PILOT PT I.
PILOT PT II.
PILOT PT III.
PILOT PT IV.
PILOT PT V.
PILOT PT VI.
PILOT PT VII.
PILOT PT VIII.
THE LUCKY COMPASS PT I.
THE LUCKY COMPASS PT II.
THE LUCKY COMPASS PT III.
THE LUCKY COMPASS PT IV.
THE FORBIDDEN ZONE PT I.
THE FORBIDDEN ZONE PT II.
THE FORBIDDEN ZONE PT III.
THE FORBIDDEN ZONE PT IV.
THE FORBIDDEN ZONE PT V.
SPY GAMES PT I.
SPY GAMES PT II.
SPY GAMES PT III.
SPY GAMES PT IV.
MIDSUMMERS PT I.
MIDSUMMERS PT II.
MIDSUMMERS PT III.
MIDSUMMERS PT IV.
MIDSUMMERS PT V.
PARCEL NINE PT I.
PARCEL NINE PT II.
PARCEL NINE PT III.
PARCEL NINE PT IV.
PARCEL NINE PT V.
PARCEL NINE PT VI.
PARCEL NINE PT VII.
DEAD CALM PT I.
DEAD CALM PT II.
DEAD CALM PT III.
DEAD CALM PT IV.
DEAD CALM PT V.
THE RUNAWAY PT I.
HELP PLEASE READ!!!!
THE RUNAWAY PT III.
THE BELL TOWER PT I.
THE BELL TOWER PT II.
THE PHANTOM PT I.
THE PHANTOM PT II.
THE PHANTOM PT III.
THE PHANTOM PT IV.

THE RUNAWAY PT II.

1.3K 20 19
By dumbbitchmode

 When the Pogues had finally arrived at the Cameron residence none of them knew what to do so they were pacing around in silence trying to figure it out, that was until JJ decided to speak up.

"What now?" He questioned impatiently. "We just go up to the front door and ask, "Hey, have you seen John B?","

"Look, he lives at Tannyhill now. It's plausible." Kie retorted.

"Plausible bullshit," Aria muttered.

"Look, we can play dumb." Kie ignored.

"Play dumb?" JJ questioned looking at her as if she just asked him to shoot his hand.

"It's pretty late." Pope calmed.

"Look, I've never seen John B like that. We should honestly be going to the cops." Kie looked between her friends.

"What happened to trusting him? Were you lying about that?" Aria asked annoyed.

"The cops- Yeah, and say what, Kie? We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage, 'cause Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us!" JJ quipped.

"Hey, I see Ward," Pope announced effectively shutting everyone up.

"Let me see," Kie said taking the binoculars from Pope.

"Doesn't look dead to me. Let's go home." Pope stated making Aria and Kie shoot look at him.

"Wait," JJ said confused.

"What?" Kie asked.

"Why?" Aria huffed.

"Uh... Okay. Obviously, Mr. Cameron is fine, and even if John B was here, he isn't now, okay?" Pope argued. "Plus, I have the biggest most important moment of my life in six hours."

"Yeah," Aria answered kind of feeling bad for him, Kie, apparently, did not share the view.

"Yeah, well, our friend is in trouble."

"I'm in trouble." Pope contorted. "Guys, I haven't been home in three days. My dad's probably put all my shit on the street by now."

(Okay so I kinda forgot the pope and kie were meant to sleep at the chateau when I have had just JJ and aria there, lmao I'm sorry.)

"Okay, so that's it?" Kie demanded. Aria sighed knowing this was going to get into a fight. "In a time of need, you're just gonna bail? You're just gonna walk away?"

"Okay, yo, guys, can we not do this right now?" JJ tried. He took off his red cap and ran a hand through his hair before pulling Aria to stand in front of him and he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Hey, I have a scholarship interview in the morning. I can't--"

"Okay, well, what about John B?" Kie cut him off.

"Why is it always about John B?" Pope huffed.

"Guys, seriously shut up," Aria muttered. JJ tightened his grip not wanting her to get involved.

"It's not always about John B. You're so stupid. It would be any of you in this situation." Kie pointed to Aria and JJ.

"Okay, Kie come on." Aria sighed knowing that was a lie.

"Oh, bullshit!" Pope yelled.

"Guys-" JJ tried again. Aria got out of his grip and moved closer to Pope, more or less taking his side.

"This is about friendship!" Kie shouted.

"Bring it down." JJ sighed annoyed.

"Look, this is about Pogues for life!" Kie shouted at JJ.

"What about forensic pathology, huh?!" Pope countered.

"Forensic pathology?!" Kie muttered unamused.

"Kie, Pope, both of you shut the hell up!" Aria huffed but got ignored.

"It's my life. Everything I've worked for." Pope screamed.

"That's your priority?" Kie continued.

"Kie, get off your high horse, Jesus!" Aria yelled.

"You're taking his side?!" Kie turned to look at Aria.

"There are no sides! I'm just saying this isn't about friendship, you wouldn't do it for all of us! Just John B!" Aria looked at Kie.

"That's so bullshit! And you know it!" Kie pointed her finger accusingly at Aria.

"Do I? You want to move the whole world when John B runs off but you wouldn't do the same for JJ, or me!" Aria said back.

"John B has the gun! This is important."

"And what we aren't important! I don't know why but you seem to only care about John B!"

"Stop the moral high ground bullshit?!" Pope interrupted moving closer to Kie making her backup.

"Pope, Ari, come on." JJ calmed.

"No," Pope turned to him. Aria sighed not being bothered by this anymore and moved back to JJ.

"Excuse me?" Kie said in disbelief.

"No, no. She has no room to talk." JJ looked down knowing there was some truth to Pope and Aria's words but still thinking this was the wrong time.

"Where were you when Big John went missing?" Pope stood silent for a few seconds. "You weren't there. You weren't there for John B. You weren't there for any of us. Remember your Kook year?"

"Dude," JJ said playing with his flask.

"Guys can we go home, I have a fuckin' headache." Aria rubbed her palms over her forehead.

"Yeah, you forgot about us." Pope ignored both. "Now you feel guilty."

"Give me a break!" Kie shoved Pope away from her.

"Hey!" JJ yelled snapping Aria's attention back to the, now, fighting duo.

"That what you need? Do you need a break? Move!" Kie continued to push him.

"Come on," Pope yelled pushing away her hands.

"Hey! Yo, yo, yo, cut it out, all right?" JJ yelled running to grab Pope away from Kie while Aria grabbed Kie back. "If I'm the one meditating, we've hit rock bottom."

Kie violently pushed Aria away from her and sat down away from everyone. Aria fought the urge to push her back knowing it wouldn't help anything. "Bow, now!" JJ told Pope. "Go! Pope, I'll drop you off."

"Jesus," Aria whispered catching JJ's attention. She sat on the side of the boat looking out to the water annoyed with everyone right now. JJ turned the engine of the HMS Pogue on and staring to taking Pope home then look to go back to the Chateau.

...

As soon as they got back to the chateau they did a quick look around to see if John B was there and Aria found him out on the deck. He didn't hear her or chose not to answer when she called out to him.

Aria went back inside and grabbed a blanket off the pullout couch and made her way over to John B. She wrapped the blanket around him and hugged him from behind.

"I'm sorry," She whispered. Aria sensed he wanted to be left alone for a bit so she kissed him on the cheek and let go of him. When Aria walked back inside she saw Kie going over to John B.

Aria sighed knowing she wouldn't be able to stop the brunette girl. "Aria," JJ said grabbing her attention.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"What was that before? I could tell you didn't want a fight yet you still fought." JJ asked mad.

"It doesn't matter, JJ." Aria quipped annoyed.

Aria started to walk away from JJ and into the spare bedroom already done with this conversation. "Hey! Wait, look-" He was cut off by her slamming the door.

He sighed and fell back into the pullout couch. After staring up at the ceiling for a good half an hour he walked into the spare room. He heard a faint sob coming from inside the room and quickly opened the door to find Aria all curled up in the bed.

As soon as the door opened she hid her face, even though she wasn't crying. For a few days, all Aria wanted to do was cry, and cry, and cry. But her tears just wouldn't fall.

Mainly because she didn't like crying and always thought it made her weak, well weaker than she already was. Aria felt the bed dip and a few seconds later JJ wrapped his arms around her.

Aria turned to face him and he brushed the hair off her face, looking deeply into her amazing hazel-blue eyes. Aria wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Is it weird if I say, I will never love someone as much as I love you?" Aria whispered.

"Is it weird if I say, same?" JJ agreed.

Aria placed her forehead against JJ's. "How come I already know that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with?"

"Are you asking me to marry you, Ms. Soon-To-Be-Maybank?" JJ teased.

"Shut up." She giggled.

"But, you are right. I already know that no one in the world will ever compare to you." JJ whispered placing his lips lightly to Aria's.

"I love you, Jesse Jameson Maybank," Aria told lightly joking at the fact he hated his full name.

"And I love you, Ariella Milles," JJ countered.

"That's not my name." Aria huffed. It's true, it wasn't her name. She was born named Aria, just Aria. But somehow when JJ met Aria in the second grade he called her Ariella, and since they would use it as her nickname.

"Come here baby," JJ whispered pulling her body into his arms. "I am so glad that I have you,"

"I am so glad that you have me too," Aria teased. Their chuckling soon ended and their heartbeats slowed as they beat together as one, drifting both Pogues off to sleep.

...

Aria and JJ woke up to someone slamming their fist to the door. "Hey! Wake the hell up! JJ! Aria! I swear to God-" Aria cut off John B who was yelling by opening the door.

"What?!" Aria groaned since she woke up at 7 AM.

"I need to talk to you both, outside now!" John B exclaimed walking back outside. Aria groaned and jumped back into the bed while JJ started to walk outside.

"Aria! I mean now!" John B yelled not evening needing to see her, to know she went back to sleep.

Aria huffed and walked outside to meet Kie, JJ, and John B at the dock. "Okay, jeez. I'm here, what do you want?" Let's just say Aria wasn't a morning person.

And so John B told them. He told them all about the boat ride the day before, then he told them about what happened with Sarah last night. He ended by telling them about how he went to see if the gold was there or not, which ironically, it wasn't.

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked John B.

"Every bar." John B sounded defeated. "The whole enchilada."

John B grunted as he took off his brace for his wrist. "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." John B threw the cast away.

"John B-" Kie began.

"What, Kie? It's a hairline factor, who cares." John B stated. JJ passed the blunt he was smoking over to Aria. She smiled slightly as she took it from his fingers and had a drag.

"You should care. Your arms gonna be messed up for life." Kie continued.

"It's fine. See?" John B pointed out wiggling his fingers. All of a sudden Aria heard footsteps and heavy breathing, she turned and saw Pope running towards them.

"Guys!" Pope yelled. "Guys! Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here." Pope doubled over panting like a dog.

"You all right?" John B turned to look at Pope.

"Hey, Popey," Aria muttered kind of amused by his situation right now.

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asked.

"Don't ask," Pope responded.

"Awesome." John B sighed under his breath.

"JB." Pope continued. "Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

"It's fine." John B answered.

"Bullshit," Aria said in between clearing her throat. Kie heard and look at her sternly. "Cough," Aria shrugged nonchalantly pointing to her neck making Kie roll her eyes.

"Shush," Pope told Aria who frowned at being shushed. "But-- but I don't have a lot of time, and-- and I have information that is tactically relevant."

"So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" Pope finished his rant.

All the Pogues seemed to have figured out what he was talking about as they all turned to look at Pope with hopeful eyes. "Gold," JJ whispered.

"That's right." John B confirmed.

"Exactly." Pope did a weird little dance pointing to JJ. "Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go."

"Guys, we can't give up now," Kie responded standing up.

"Holy shit, guy's we can do this." Aria jumped down from the beam she was sitting on.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asked looking to John B.

"We're gonna steal that shit back." John B retorted.

"You can't steal something that is already yours," Aria replied sending John B a smile, thankfully he returned the smile but bigger.

"Let's do this!" Pope yelled.

"Come on, boys! And Girl!" Kie shouted pulling Aria closer to her.

"Come get guys!" Aria laughed.

Author's note.

Hey guys!!!! SEASON TWO IS OUT!!! I ended up watching it until like 3 am last night cuz I live in Australia and it didn't come out till ten at night, anyway. I loved it so much, I feel like Pope's character became so much more leading, the only thing I didn't like was how Kiara was portrayed. I personally don't want JJ and Kie to get together especially after she has kissed both John B and pope, and yes, I know john B kissed kie not the other way but it was insinuated that she had a crush on JB. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter, and I can't wait to start writing the next season!!!! XX. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

526 1 16
We're the pogues and our mission this summer is to have a good time all the time. A treasure hunt, a murder and the destruction of a sacred rule, not...
536 13 11
Joanna 'Jo' Mills is a Pogue through and through. When her and her friends crash into a wreck they embark on an adventure that changes their lives co...
114K 2.5K 37
BOOK ONE (NOT EDITED, BEWARE OF SPELLING/GRAMMAR MISTAKES IN EARLY CHPATERS!!) Pogue Princess Y/N Y/L/N is faced with a whirlwind of events after sh...
4.5K 70 28
Start Date: 8th March 2023 End Date: 12th April 2023 Ashley, a British 17-year-old has just moved to the Outer Banks. She develops a strange relation...