My Best Assistant (ON HOLD)

By BigBlueLiam

MY BEST ASSISTANT Working Title(s): RWBY: ULTIMATUM Dedicated to my dear friend RikerMun. Iron Man! Reader x... More

Part 1 - Meeting Petals
Part 2 - Friend
Part 3 - Sky-Blue Eyes
Part 4 - Judged
Part 5 - The Second Body.
Part 6 - Crimson, Bruce, and Lucille.
(Arc 1 Finale) | Part 7 - Deal
Bonus Chapter 1
Part 8 - Look At Me
Part 8.5
Part 9 - Lame Party
Part 10 - Crossing Paths
Part 11 - Summer Rose
Covers
Part 12 - Post-Meeting
Part 13 - Before The Breach
Part 14 - During The Breach
Arc 2 Finale | Part 15 - During The Breach II
Arc 3 | Part 16 - Greatness
Author's Note
Arc 3 | Part 17 - Arrow
Arc 3 | Part 18 - Confrontations/Mr. Acacius
Spin-Off Book Announcement
Arc 3 | Part 19
Arc 3 | Part 20
Arc 3 | Part 21 - I.L.Y
Arc 3 | Part 22 - Beauty, Goldilocks and The Arrow
Arc 3 | Part 23
New Spin-Off Fanfic Announcement
Arc 3 | Part 24 - Yangry and The Smarty
Arc 3 | Part 25 - About That Parasite
Arc 3 | Part 26
Arc 3 | Part 27 - Move Past It
Bonus Chapter 2 (Non-Canon)
Arc 3 | Part 29 - Boss
Arc 3 | Part 30 - Cinder Fall
Arc 3 | Part 31 - Titus
Arc 3 | Part 32 - Arjean Clears Things Up
Arc 3 | Part 33 - Beginning Of The End

Arc 3 | Part 28 - You Know My Stix

409 12 1
By BigBlueLiam

A concerned up-in-the-middle-of-the-night Weiss Schnee had gotten out of her dormroom to search for Yang and Blake, wherever the heck they went. They had no time for that, she thought. What are they up to now?

At the right moment, Weiss had bumped into (Y/N) who was accompanied by Lucyl.

"Oh! (Y/N). I'm sorry, but are a good number of us students also up in the middle of the night forgetting our priorities?" She said when she noticed the wolverine faunus by his side and supposed others might be awake as well.

"Yeah, certainly a good number. The thing is, Weiss. Our priorities have changed. For now." (Y/N) said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Weiss tilted her head.

Then (Y/N) and Lucyl went on and explained to Weiss about the prophecy, whatever was going on, Ozpin and the other headmasters' plans with the defenses regarding the advances.

"Prophecy? That sounds absurd." Weiss crossed her arms.

"Believe it or not. First thing tomorrow morning, we students will be gathered and Oz'll break the news to the rest of all of us." He said. "Everyone's doing this to make sure."

"I mean, me and my teammates are in pursuit of one Roman Torchwick, The White Fang, and a couple more... evil souls on the dark side." Weiss said.

"Why, your highness. Your team sure has fire." (Y/N) played along.

"Have either of you seen Blake and Yang?" Weiss asked.

(Y/N) and Lucyl exchanged eye contact, not the both of them knew. They shook their heads.

"Nada." (Y/N) said.

"Nothing. All I know is that she and (Y/N) have gotten along." Lucyl smirked.

(Y/N) shrugged.

The white-haired one with a pretty face actually felt so glad to hear this. Even though she might've never experienced it, she was glad for them. She was even more thankful to have the rest of Team RWBY by her side. Weiss' eyes widened as she smiled happily at them. "That's wonderful, (Y/N)! How did things go? I'm really glad to hear that."

"Simple, I..." (Y/N) raised a finger. "Well, only in terms of physicality. We just talked and made up. My cousin kind of helped me with it too."

"Your cousin?" Weiss said.

"You'd be surprised." (Y/N) smiled.

A red comet then appeared a distance away from them, it was Ruby petalling towards (Y/N). When she reached him, she huddled her boyfriend sweetly as if he was a pillow.

(Y/N) laughed sweetly as he softly hugged her back. "Hey, Petals. You seen Yang?"

"Wait, what is going on?" Weiss said. Did her best friend have a boyfriend now or what? And it so happened to be the nicest guy she knew.

"Nope. I've been talking it out with Ferna." Ruby looked up and smiled at (Y/N), who noticed Ferna walking up to them with her arms crossed. The archer made eye contact with the Schnee within her line of sight.

"Weiss Schnee." She said.

"Is this your cousin, (Y/N)?" Weiss asked.

(Y/N) nodded. "I'm hoping you know where Blake and Yang are." He said.

Ferna's eyes widened. "They're---They went off to look for part-time jobs in town." She said. "They passed me by earlier."

"It's the middle of the night! What are they thinking?" Weiss said.

"Not straight, clearly. Anyway, I'm Ferna Fletcher." She nodded at Weiss.

"Nice to meet you. I assume you already know me." Weiss said. Schnees were globally famous, in a certain way, after all. Mostly infamous.

"I actually don't... I mean, I get busy doing business with people at times. Negotation after negotation." Ferna said.

"Weiss Schnee." The young Schnee crossed her arms and smiled.

"Neat name, Weiss." Ferna smirked and teased the one. She crossed her arms as well, but in a boyish manner.

"Anyway, we should go after Black and Yellow now." (Y/N) said.

[] [] [] []

Meanwhile, in town. Glynda continued to interrogate Neo Politan about the whereabouts of their hideout whilst Blake and Yang tangled with Mercury and Emerald.

"Where is Torchwick? Who is the lady with the glass slippers? Who are you all working for?" Glynda kept the fence crunching against Neo's skin as this all went on. The latter had dropped her parasol on the ground earlier, it laid there useless.

But now was the time for her to lay off. Neo finally used her semblance, shattering into a fill of shards within the fence.

Glynda sighed as she forgot about the fence and checked their backs for Neo.

Yang kept Mercury at bay, blowing him away with the gun functions of her Ember Celica. Mercury retorted, dashing toward Yang with an attemped roundhouse kick, Yang grabbed his leg and pulled him to crash onto a closed dumpster, damaging it. She punched him down on his head, then threw him to a wall.

The cat faunus Blake roped up the real Emerald and threw her upward, as she followed, leaping up and got on the roof. What followed was a noisy chase above town, Blake and Emerald sprayed bullets at eachother as they ran across the roofs, their bullets kept blowing off parts of the ground they sprinted on, almost everything in their path as they evaded eachothers' bullets.

Suddenly, Emerald vanished into thin ar. Blake immediately sensed this illusion, quickly taking fire dust from her satchel and threw it over that distance. She shot off the dust before it would land on the fence, cue an explosion that unwrapped Emerald's location, the latter screamed in pain as she fell back into an alleyway. Blake followed, swiftly roping Emerald once and wasted no mercy as she pulled the other down by the neck.

"Think again before terrorizing my friends!" Blake shouted and threw Emerald against a wall, which worsened her fall. She could feel a good amount of pain coursing through bones in her body. Blake landed on her feet, as the other suffered in hers. She still had her roped up by the neck, Blake pulled Emerald closer to her mercilessly across the rough concrete ground.

"Y-You can't stop this." Emerald struggled to speak from the wire tugging at her neck, and brought her closer to death. She snarled at Blake.

"Your words are meaningless. We're actually this close to killing you all." Blake said.

On the other hand, Mercury and Yang exchanged swift blows. From punching! to kicking!
THWACK! THWICK! CRACK!

Yang charged next, then earned a kick to her nose by Mercury. His steel boot was enough to plow through her aura, so he had grazed her nose. Yang grunted and exchanged death glares with Mercury.

"Sorry about that, Blondie." Mercury gave her a good bit of sarcasm then went in for another strike, this time he top-notched his senses to a hundred percent.

Yang wiped the blood snot off her nose and smirked. "This is the part where I kick your butt." She upped her fists more firmly this time.

But she was too late to prove herself at this second. Mercury was able to give her a taste of her own medicine, cue the following swift roundhouse kicks to the abdoment that launched Yang onto a wall. Her aura was close to becoming shattered, that was no good sign.

She rose up and ignored the beaming sensation within her spine that was pain, which she spared no time for.

"You were saying?" Mercury chuckled, he maintained his pose. "If it was your baby sister in this situation. I bet the first thing you'd do is make puns while she gets pummeled in." He said. His chuckle soon evolved into a laugh, he wanted to tear her from inside in that certain way.

Yang wasn't gonna let that pass. Her fists clenched, as she wasn't having it. I'm a bad sister? She knew in her heart she wasn't. Anyone who knew Yang? If they were around, and watched her right at this moment. They'd know Mercury had a deathwish.

Internal flames of emotion crawled up Yang's behind, like a dragon to behold, one to cherish and able to use as a weapon. A dragon only Yang could see, which was her advantage for... something great. It roared into her ear, this dragon. She raised her fists, every song that came out of the dragon's mouth slithered into her ear and formed thoughts that'd steer her forward to protecting those she loves.

PROVE HIM WRONG!!!

Her eyes fired up red, and her hair crackled as it glowed like a fiery lantern. Cue strings of flames crawl into every sacred inch of all the strands in her hair. She wasn't having it. Now? It's he who won't be having it.

Yang swept herself towards Mercury and quickly plowed blows across his chest, speedily moving like a firecracker. Mercury tried to block her kicks that followed, then Yang flipped, grabbed his head with her thighs then threw him across the alley.

She wasn't stopping! Yang dashed and followed a flying Mercury, and gave him some boosts. Bullets fired from her gauntlets as she followed, thrusted Mercury forward across the alley. Painful boosts for sure!

But he wasn't going to stop either. Mercury was buzzed, but he knew he still needed to win and crush her. He shot off rounds from his boot in order to escape, firing off to a wall. Mercury landed feet first on it, then dashed back at Yang to deliver his own fiery blows.

More punches, kicking and dodging followed, albeit more tiresome and sweaty this second round. Mercury landed a kick to Yang's abdomen, then he took the advantage to grab her with two hands and threw her across the opening to a street.

She was able to grab onto a pole and then spun to launch herself back at Mercury, reintroducing herself to him with a punch that trailed them back into the alleyway.

Mercury stood up quickly and reached a corner where he found garbage cans. Which led him to use lids as saucers he threw at Yang, the latter evaded what projectiles she couldn't grab then threw back the ones she could at Mercury, who then simply shot them into bits or shards using the rounds in his boot.

"So you do care about family." Mercury said. "Already better than your mother."

"Don't even mention her. How do you know about that?" Yang raised her fists one more time.

[] [] [] []

Ruby's group as of now were searching for the ongoing 'party' in Vale. Ferna and (Y/N) were up close to eachother. The latter had to ask his cousin about what she knew about... a particular thing.

"They should be around here! Hoping they haven't gone under any manholes or something." Ferna said.

(Y/N) nudged his cousin. "Hey, can we talk for a moment?" He said.

"Maybe later, (Y/N). As much as I want to, I just have this feeling Calvin and Glynda are in some kind of trouble. My tech-y chair friend picked up a disturbance around here in Vale." Ferna said.

"Is she cute?" (Y/N) smirked.
Ruby was right by his side, and frankly she wanted to unhear that.

"I'm kidding, Petals!" He said when he noticed her looking so jealous and repaid that with a hug.

"Jaune is cute." Ruby said and hissed like a cat.

"You two can cut that now." Ferna chuckled at their mischief.

[] [] [] []

The bald huntsman woke up, hoping not to get hit in the head again. He just had to do something.

"Glynda?" He looked around, his lady-friend was nowhere to be found, but he could absorb the loud noises of all the brawling around them.

"I wanna see some of that reckless action!" He ran to his right, where he spotted glowing pink shards shattering around.

Glynda was locked in battle with Neo, she formed spires composed of the shard remains from Neo and launched them back at the assassin who swiftly dodged.

Calvin took out his batons and thumbed the buttons, wires popped out then he threw it at Neo attempting to lasso her.

She quickly went out of the way, and realizing she was at the moment taking on two professional huntsmen, one a professor and the other---well, a huntsman. That would be a suicide mission.

Thus she bailed, in her own way. Getting roped up by Calvin, then shattering into shards one last time infront of them. She was at a different place the next, the last they saw of her could have been just an illusion. The huntsman and the huntress scanned over their sorroundings, not immediately letting their guard down for Neo Politan.

After some time they realized Neo made the smart move. Calvin looked over to Glynda. "She bailed. Must be one of our terrorist enemies, isn't she?" He asked.

"Yes. Torchwick's sidekick." Glynda sighed as she dusted herself.

"You alright?" Calvin went over to Glynda.

"We have to go find them." Glynda brushed aside his concern. For now.

"Who?" Calvin said.

"Those two students. Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long. They are putting themselves at risk!" She said.

"What happened? How many times was I knocked out?" Calvin said.

"Those two came in and... helped."
"As for you? You were only knocked out twice." Glynda said.

Shortly after Glynda explained the rest regarding Emerald and Mercury's betrayal as students to Calvin, they simply went on and to go prevent losing any other students along the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 174 52
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger is one of those new students. Despite having lost both of his parents 6 yea...
1.5K 38 9
Beacon's second semester is here! Y/n is still being monitored closely by Ozpin and Y/n is amazed at how a man like him has made it so far even with...
8.5K 270 31
RWBY. A world about four amazing girls attending a prestigious academy, who's sole purpose is to train the next Huntsmen and Huntresses to fight off...
113K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...