♦.Black Diamond.♦

By LifeIsSatire

Blue, Emotion. Yellow, Diligence. Pink, Defective. White, Clarity. Black, War. She was supposed to come out... More

.Beginnings.
.Jasper.
.Work.
♦.Pink Diamond.♦
."We Have to Make it.".
.I promise.
I won.

.Homeworld.

965 18 9
By LifeIsSatire

The Ball Went on for Three days and three nights.

But all good things must come to an end, and when it did, all gems of which were present returned to their posts.

Pink was ecstatic to have her Pearl, and so she spent every moment of every day at her garden.

Black drowned herself in her work, mercilessly doing everything in her power to make the Perfect Army of Loyal Subjects.

5000 years pass by, 5000 years of work in pursuit of Perfection.

Looking through her old Files, Black finds an old colony called "Earth".

She looked at the H²O based planet. She then realized this was Pink's Earth Colony, the one she never finished planning.

Black Diamond sat on her Black Throne, activating a Voice Call to White's Room.

"Black! How wonderful to finally hear from you! What is it that you need?"

"Hello, White. I was thinking, we should give Pink her first colony."

"What? Oh, yes. That. I'm afraid I can't do that, Black."

Black started to get slightly angry, "Why is that? White."

"Black, you know she's a Defect. I simply can't give her a colony--"

"Fine."

"Good, you see why I can't--"

"I'll just give her one, myself."

The Dark Gem hung up the video call as she called Pink's Garden.

The Pink gem ran up to the projector.

"Hi, Black! We haven't talked in ages!"

"Hello, Pink. I trust that you are well?"

"Mhm!"

"Well, that's good. Because I just have spectacular news."

"Really? What is it!"

"I've decided to give you a Planet, a Colony."

Pink jumped up and down with excitement.

"I've decided to give you a Planet Named Earth. It's just outside my star maps."

"Thank you, Black!"

"You're welcome, Pink."

"I'll see you soon, Black!"

"Likewise."

Pink ended the call and grabbed her Pearl, but she was stopped by Spinel, who wanted to come with them.

Pink walked past her but was blocked again.

"Spinel! I have an idea! Let's play a game!"

"I'll show you how it's done!"

"Here in the garden, stand very still."

"This will be so much fun!"

Pink smiled at Spinel and ran with Pearl to the warp pad.

They then warped away.

Pink took care of her first colony with Pride. Everything about the planet seems to amaze her.

"The First Quartz Soldiers are due to arrive soon."

Pink Diamond gasped in surprise, "Finally! Something exciting!"

The two Pink gems made their way to the observation orb.

"Hurry! We've gotta see this!" Pink yelled to her Pearl.

"Quickly! Turn it on."

"Yes, my Diamond."

Pink burst at the seams with excitement as the room's walls turned to the stone of the kindergarten.

"Look at this, Pearl! We're creating life from nothing!" Pink Diamond looked in awe of one of her first Amethysts.

She then went up to the Amythyst to attempt to greet her, "Welcome to Earth!"

But she was severely disappointed when the Amethyst walked right through her.

She sighed with disappointment, "I wish I could just be there.."

"I'll have us warped to the Kindergarten immediately, My Diamond."

"W-what? No! No. If I went down to the Kindergarten, I'd never heard the end of it from Yellow and Blue. Oh, but could you imagine? Me? Down there, laughing and playing with the Amethysts?"

"Of course I can, my diamond." A hologram erupted from Pearl's gem, "You look so happy."

"I won't be so happy when Blue and Yellow find out," Pink stated with sorrow.

"They won't find out."

"How's that?"

"Because..." Pearl changed the hologram, "You'll look just like a quartz, you changed your shape for a day!"

"That's brilliant, Pearl!" Pink starred in awe of the hologram.

Pearl closed her hologram and her eyes as she spoke, "I'm glad I was able to help, my Di--."

"Hehe, Down here."

Pearl now looked down at her Diamond, who was now disguised as a Quartz.

They warped into the kindergarten.

Pink Diamond Chatted and Played with the Amethysts. Day after Day.

Eventually, she took into account the surrounding area of the Kindergarten.

The green of the grass, the blue of the sky, and the organic life that lived there.

Her curiosity turned to the appreciation for this odd planet, and she found herself conversing with the natives. [Humans.]

They were all so kind.

She Never wanted to leave, but then realization struck.

Once The Prime Kindergarten had finished developing, more and more gems will be made here, and in the process, all the beautiful wildlife here would slowly die.

But Pink couldn't let that happen.

With Black and White Diamond busy with their work, she looked to Blue and Yellow Diamond to help her shut down her colony.

"Are you crazy? Black went against White to give a colony and you won't even go through with it?! Show some appreciation for Black's kindness, she could've gotten into massive trouble. "

She then went to Blue Diamond, telling her that she wanted to preserve life on Earth.

"Alright, Pink. I'll help you preserve some life on Earth." But going to her only made it worse, as blue had a ship constructed to hold humans and fulfill all their needs. Blue called it 'The Human Zoo.'

She did everything she could to try and end the madness of her colony with peace and tranquility. But, as a defect, her status meant nothing to Blue and Yellow.

She wanted to be listened to.

So she decided to take a stand. As someone that they couldn't ignore.

She constructed an army of gems that were shunned for being wrong. They all saw the earth as somewhere worth protecting.

Eventually, all the fighting made its presence known to Yellow Diamond. Yellow, infuriated, sent a battalion to shatter them, as they would not show themselves to the Diamond Court. But when she realized the gems she sent were shattered instead, she went to Pink and told her to have her loyal gems shatter the traitors, as she didn't want any more of her gems getting killed.

Pink agreed and sent some gems to shatter the traitors, of which she then turned back to her Rose Quartz facade and shattered all the gems she had sent for herself.

Eventually, with this back and forth going on, a full-on war broke out.

Yellow and Blue got tired of sending in soldiers, as they all kept getting shattered. So they went to Black with a request. While Black knew who Rose Quartz was, she decided to do nothing. As she knew that if she did intervene, Pink would never have a colony of her own ever again. But when Yellow and Blue had begged for her to Help, she couldn't say no. With her armies strong, and their loyalty stronger, Black had an unkillable army at her demand. She sent five battalions, praying that Pink wouldn't get shattered by any rebels that didn't know, or by her Gems, who saw her as a Traitor. It was a terrifying balance to maintain.

That is until Blue barged into Black's room.

"IT'S HORRIBLE. IT'S DISGUSTING." She shouted in rage.

"Blue. Blue, what happened!?"

"They.. They fused! A ruby and sapphire! They fused!" Blue screamed with disgust.

Black's face scrunched up in disgust.

"Oh, that must have been horrid to witness," Black said quietly.

"Oh, it was. The worst part is that they fled to Earth's surface before I could even shatter them!"

"So, what you're saying is that a rogue Sapphire and Ruby are somewhere on Earth?!"

"YES."

"The crystal gems forced two gems to fuse.. How utterly despicable. You know what.. I'm sending an Army. This has gone on long enough." Black's Scream Cracked the walls.

But she was a Gem of her word. Thousands of gems. Flocked to Earth's surface, all with one mission. 'End the War, Once and for All.'

But something went horribly, horribly wrong..

"Pink Diamond has been shattered."

"No, you must be lying."

"I apologize, but I am not." The Jasper of Black Diamond's court Placed the Shards of Pink diamond on the table.

"no. no. no. no. No. No. No. No. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO." Blue cried out, her powers bringing White and Yellow to tears.

"Who did it?" Black mumbled.

"Pardo--"

"WHO SHATTERED HER," Black yelled with rage.

"From what everyone saw, It was the Pearl of the rebellion." The Jasper said.

"A pearl?"

"A pearl."

"A PEARL." Black kept repeating the words, over and over again until the words sounded like gibberish.

"Where is Pink's Pearl."

"She is nowhere to be found, my Clarity." Blue's Pearl chimed.

Black stood up, a dark aura surrounding her.

"Let's corrupt them all."

It was a strategic plan. All troops would retreat and they would corrupt Every. Single. One of Those Traitorous Scumbags.

That's what they did, and after that, everything changed.

Black Wouldn't Leave her room, having her Pearl take care of all that needed to be done outside her walls.

White wouldn't Leave Her ship. Always on alert for any sign of a rebel.

Yellow tried to comfort Blue as She grieved, but it didn't help. Eventually, she threw herself into her work, as well.

Black Diamond/ Black Pearl POV

Only 1000 years have passed since Pink's shattering. I've stayed in my room all that time. My Perfect Pearl carrying on tasks that need to be finished outside my walls.

"Pearl."

"Yes, my Diamond?"

"Go check on Pink's garden. Keep it in mint condition."

"Of course, my Diamond."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Only 1000 years have passed since Pink Diamond's shattering. My Diamond hasn't left her room since. I've been carrying on all tasks that needed to be done outside her walls.

"Pearl." My Diamond called me.

"Yes, my Diamond?"

"Go check on Pink's garden. Keep it in mint condition." She requested of me.

"Of course, my Diamond."

I made my way to the warp pad and went to Pink's old garden. The garden was starting to become grown over. What a mess.

But in the center of the garden, a single Spinel stood there. Looking hopefully at the warp pad.

I ran down to her. She didn't look ok.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine. Just waiting for Pink to get back.." She looked away from me.

It really is a shame that she didn't know about Pink Diamond's shattering.

"Pink Diamond.. She.. She's been shattered at war."

"Haha! Pink? Shattered? You're joking, right? She's gotta be alive!"

"I'm sorry.." It was my turn to look away from her. She looked at me, her hands now unclasped. I could only imagine what she was feeling at the moment.

"I-.. no. no. no. no. no." Spinel fell to her knees.

"I have business here, do you want to help me preserve the garden?"

"That would be nice.."

So, along with Spinel, we cleaned the garden top to bottom. I must say, her stretchy arms were very efficient.

"How about this, since I don't want you staying here on your own, you can come back to homeworld with me, and serve under my diamond."

Spinel thought for a moment, "No, I'd rather stay here with the garden."

"Alright, if that's what you want, I won't stop you." I paused, "I'll come back in 1000 years or so. My Diamond wants me to preserve the garden."

"Sounds good! I'll see you then! Bye!!" She waved as I warped away. She seemed like a decent gem.

I walked to my Diamond's room.

"I have returned, My Diamond." I saluted as I spoke. She looked at me and Smiled.

"Hello, Pearl. How is the Garden."

"The Garden is now in mint condition, as you asked. Pink Diamond's Spinel has decided to stay there and take care of it."

"Good. Good. Now, Pearl. Go get some rest. You've been working non-stop for 1000 years."

"Thank you, my Diamond. I will." I walked to a corner of the room and lied down on a large Black Blanket, which my Diamond had given to me when Homeworld started getting cold every year.

\/\/\/\/\/\/

My Pearl had returned from the Garden. I then told her to go rest. Returning to my work and colonies.

I watched over my colonies with great care. We didn't need another mishap.

On Earth, PEARL POV 1000 years prior.

Rose and I walked through the land and forests with this odd fusion. We have named her Garnet for now, and we were all going back to the rest of us.

"Rose! You're back!" Bismuth yelled. Everyone else turned to look at us.

"Oh hey! Who's that you got with you, Pearl?"

"Oh! Her? She's a fusion."

Everyone stared in awe, "A Sapphire and Ruby fusing?!? That's unheard of!" One yelled. "Only on Earth right?" Another one yelled. They all celebrated a new comrade.

Rose looked to the sky, supposedly watching the clouds. Until. I watched her make a large shield before she grabbed everyone she could. She yelled, almost incoherently, for everyone to take cover. An Amethyst, The Fusion, and I happened to be the few gems she could grasp. I looked up into the sky, through her shield.

I saw the worst-case scenario. The Diamonds. The Diamonds launched an attack, I can't tell what this particular power of theirs does.. But from what I've heard, It's worse than being shattered.

I bright light, and a poof sound. No, multiple Poof sounds. Hundreds. Hundreds of the Wretched sound. Over. And Over. Again.

The Light Cleared.. And There were gems everywhere. Gemstones. All laying on the sand. One started to reform, but Rose bubbled it before it could take full shape. She and I continued bubbling them until there was no one left.

"The Diamonds. This attack of theirs was used to corrupt unruly gems. A way to torture them. I've never seen it done on such a large scale.."

/Timeskip - Blue And Yellow Go to Earth\

"Rose Quartz. So you escaped homeworld and crawled back here." She lifted her veil, Crying, "This is Pink's world! How dare you use it as your hiding place! Come! Answer for what you've done!"

"This is bad! This is bad! This is bad! This is bad!" Peridot Stressed.

"Come on, you rocks! Let's put her in a bubble!" Bismuth's hand shifted into a hammer.

"Right!" Pearl, Garnet, and amethyst yelled. They then summoned their weapons.

"Wait, there's no reason to fight." Steven adjusted his bowtie. "Let me talk to her." He then approached Blue Diamond, "Blue Diamond, please listen to me! I didn't shatter Pink Diamond! Pink Diamond's right here. It's pretty interesting when you think about it-"

"ENOUGH"

Blue Diamond charges an energy blast and hurls it at Steven, knocking him back. He is then quickly caught in Alexandrite's hand, who roars loudly at Blue Diamond.

"You cannot fathom how much I've mourned, what thousands of years of grief has done to me!" Blue Diamond buries her face in her palms and emits a blue aura around the area. Alexandrite tears up from the aura and unfuses. Steven and the Gems drop to their knees and begin crying as well.

Only Connie seems to be unaffected.

Connie and Lion charge towards Blue Diamond, and Connie unsheathes her Blade. Lion leaps up and Connie lunges towards Blue Diamond, only for her sword to be caught. Connie struggles to pull it back.

Blue looked up at Connie, now angry, "I know this sword. This... is the sword... THAT SHATTERED HER!!!"

Blue Diamond shatters the sword in her hand, causing Connie to fall off, saved by Lion, just in time. She looks at the broken handle of her sword and notices the Cluster beginning to falter against Yellow Diamond's ship, crying in unison of voices from Blue Diamond's aura.

"You deserve this! All of you!" Blue Yelled.

"Stop... Please!" Steven yelled in vain.

"Steven...!" Amethyst yelled out.

"What do we do?" Pearl asked.

"I don't know! She won't listen! She just wants to fight!" Steven yelled out.

Garnet got an Idea and started stomping towards Blue Diamond. "Blue Diamond!"

"Who are you supposed to be?" Blue asked the fusion.

"I am the will of two Gems that care for each other. To protect each other from any threat. No matter how vast or how cruel. You couldn't stop me 5,750 years ago, and you can't stop me now." Garnet yelled, seemingly monologuing?

"It's you! That Ruby and Sapphire that disrupted my court." Blue looked as though she could throw up.

"URRGGH!!" Garnet clung onto and punched Blue Diamond's cloak, "This is supposed to be MY DAY!!"

"You hoped to defeat me by... clinging to my feet?" Blue Diamond said, slightly amused.

"I just needed to keep you from taking three steps to the right," Garnet said with a smirk.

Blue Diamond now noticed droplets of water dripping on her head. Blue Diamond looks up to the sky, finding Lapis flying in the sky together with the Barn. Lapis smirks and hurls the barn down, hitting Blue in the head.

Garnet jumps away from the falling debris. As it hit, Blue Diamond's aura faded away, and the Crystal Gems stopped crying.

--

"I just got a bad feeling."

"You're probably just tired, My Diamond."

--

/Timeskip to centipeedle.\

"What... am I looking at?" Yellow asked. "No one should've survived our attack."

"Centipeetle mind is broken. I've tried to heal her, but... It didn't stick."

"Heal her?"

"But maybe you two can help her! You're so much stronger than me, and... I got close!"

"Well, that's not something we normally do..." Blue mumbled.

"This is completely unprecedented," Yellow added.

"But you did this to her! You have to help her— all of them!"

"Hmm, very well... I can try, but I make no promises." Yellow crouched down to the corrupted Nephrite.

Yellow Diamond rubs her palms together and begins to attempt uncorrupting Nephrite, reverting her body to her normal form.

"There, good as new," Yellow said, proudly. That is before the Nephrite continued to make monster noises and flailed around.

"She may be too far gone."

"Gently, Yellow."

Blue Diamond's hand glowed as she touched the corrupted gem. Healing her mind.

"There we are," Blue said softly. But then.. The Nephrite started crying and grasping at her head, "No! Please no! No! No! We're all gonna be!" She kept repeating the phrase.

"Centi?"

"No, please-!" Steven licked his hand and touched her back.

Nephrite stops panicking and looks up at the two large diamonds. She then saluted, " Nephrite! Facet-413 Cabochon-12!"

Everyone stared in shock.

"W-W-W-W-What?!" Amethyst yelled in disbelief.

"Unbelievable," Garnet said.

"I'm sorry for my failure to heed my Hessonite's evacuation orders... My team and I tried our best to make it out before the attack, but... You're here and it must've worked! You finally avenged Pink Diamond! You destroyed Rose Quartz!" The Diamonds flinch at her words and let go of her, causing the gem to turned corrupted once again.

Steven then proceeds to comfort the, once again, corrupted gem.

"Ugh, Pink. How many perfectly adequate Gems did you have us ruin?" Yellow said, pinching her eyes closed.

"Shh, Yellow! Pink's been punished enough. She's been trapped here in this awful planet with these... creatures." Blue reprimanded.

Steven looked up at them, "Do it again! It was working!"

"How long do you expect us to hold her together?" Yellow said, getting annoyed.

"I don't know. Forever! You did this! So you have to do something!" Steven yelled. Nephrite took Steven's bag of 'Chaaaaps' and scurried back into the dropship.

"We can only do so much if it was the five of us..." Yellow mumbled the last part.

"Oh no! We can't let them see this!" Blue said, putting her head in her hands.

"Who? Who do we need?!" Steven yelled, getting desperate.

What do you mean 'who'? Only the most feared gems in the galaxy! The Black and White Diamond of Homeworld!" Yellow yelled. Leaving everyone shocked once more.

"B-Black D-Diamond?!" Pearl yelled out.

"What!?" Amethyst shuttered in fear.

"Steven. Black and White Diamond aren't like us. They aren't even like them." Pearl paused and gestured to Yellow and Blue Diamond, "You have no idea what she's capable of!"

"I just want to talk." Steven tried to convince Pearl.

"I don't think you'd have much luck with that... They... haven't left homeworld in eons." Blue Diamond informed.

"Then we're going to Homeworld!" Steven Exclaimed.

"In what?! You and your "friends" destroyed both our ships!" Yellow exclaimed, annoyed.

"Unless... You don't still have yours, do you?" Blue said, hopeful.

/Eventually..\

"Oh, it's been so long since we've been together in Pink's ship," Blue said with glee. Her eyes teared up, causing Yellow Diamond and Steven to cry as well.

"Please, Blue. If we could continue?..." Yellow said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Blue wiped her eyes, " Yes, of course.."

"For launching, just get a running start," Pearl explained.

Steven began to move, the ship moving with his legs. Awkwardly treading into the ocean, before the ship jumped up into space.

"I bet when Mom took off, it was pretty graceful, huh?" Steven inquired.

"Heh... No, not really..." Pearl responded.

They flew through space in silence.. Until, "Should I have brought a gift for White Diamond? We are dropping in unexpectedly, and... I want to make a good first impression. Her help will mean everything for the corrupted Gems." Steven asked, nervously.

"Hmph. "Good impression"? We'll be lucky if they ever speak to us again after this." Yellow said, bothered by the situation at hand.

"But-" Steven got cut off.

"The thing is, White and Black... can be... difficult..." Blue explained.

"When we show up in this ship, it will be irrefutable that the last 6,000 years are now the biggest galactic embarrassment that's ever happened. And we're the ones to blame. If you don't want to be in a bubble for the next few millennia, I suggest you let me do the talking." Yellow stated.

Pearl woke up Connie as they Arrived on homeworld. The Crystal Gems looked out the windshield. Seeing tons of gems lined up.

A droning sound is heard, and all the Gems immediately quiet down. A Gray bubble descends from above and lands in front of Steven and the others. Everyone gasps as a White and Black Pearl, emerge from inside the bubble.

"It's White and Black's Pearls..." Blue clarified.

"Pink Diamond, your presence is required." The two gems said simultaneously.

"Come on, Blue." Yellow gestured.

"Only Pink Diamond's presence is necessary." The White Gem Chimed, before gliding towards Steven, encasing him in a ball, similar to the bubble. This time, a Bright white. The bubble flew towards White's ship as the Crystal Gems yelled in vain.

The Black Pearl sighed with, seemingly, relief. "Finally, she's gone." She said. "She's creepy." "But that's not why I'm here." She looked at the Crystal gems with a puzzled look. "What are you supposed to be..?" She gestured to Garnet.

"I'm Garnet."

"Alright.. Garnet.." She seemed to make a mental note of what gem she identified as.

"Garnet.. Amethyst. You two will go with Blue and Yellow Diamond. Pearl, you will come with me." She turned and started walking, the Lighter Pearl following not far behind.

They eventually got to Pink's old room. "You are to remain here until your Diamond returns." Before the Lighter Pearl could respond, The other one left.

_With White_

"Good, good... Everyone is so relieved. Welcome home, Pink."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453 14 15
Everyone knew about the gem war, how it was a brutal battle between homeworld and Earth gems and the time where pink diamond faked her shattering. An...
353 17 3
This story follows Steven Universe and Blue Diamond's suspicions and discoveries about the truth of Pink Diamond's murder. Could Blue Diamond be the...
137K 1.9K 14
Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue Diamond found out that Steven wasn't Ros...
1.3K 44 18
The third and (most probably) final story of the Steven Universe AU series.