The Magic in the Walls | Kol...

By cabin23fandom

Adelaide has always felt her life to be incomplete - meaningless. One fateful night where the world is still... More

A/N
~cast~
~playlist~
1. the magic in the walls
3. once upon a time...
once upon a time - the enchantress

2. amber eyes

121 5 1
By cabin23fandom

I opened my eyes to see the ceiling staring back at me. It wasn't my own, but the Mikaelsons'.

What the fuck?

I still don't understand how I got here and why they would show me hospitality. Before I could fully rest with my thoughts I went on my phone and scrolled through Pinterest. I have an addiction to it -- especially either marvel memes or headcanons, or ball gowns that I so desperately want.

I had to move from my position as I started to feel uncomfortable and I went sideways on my left leg. I was surprised to feel something in my pocket. I reached down and found my AirPods.

The fuck? These weren't there before.

I decided to open them and put them in my ears and blasted my playlist. One of my favourite songs to play in the morning came on and I got out of bed and went over to the mirror in the corner of the room. I started smiling and dancing in front of my reflection, it just makes me purely happy. The song I was playing was American Idiot -- ironic since I was now in America.

I looked down at my phone for a brief moment to see it was 7:13 in the morning, not early and not late. Fantastic. I had time to fully wake up a.k.a I had time to muck around dancing before anyone caught me.

I continued my bouncing around for what felt like ages as many happy songs went by, all until I heard a cough. I stopped suddenly and turned to see Kol at my door. He was smirking at me.

"I didn't know you could dance, darling," he took three long strides and he was suddenly in front of me, "Maybe you could show me this dancing and I could show you my own."

My cheeks grew warmer and warmer by the second. Screw his goddamn accent, it's too good! He chuckled at my reaction to his words and opened his hand out to me.

"Breakfast is ready, darling. Though, I have a feeling you didn't hear when it was called." I blushed even worse somehow -- I bet I look like a tomato right now. I took his hand and he led me out the door and down the stairs to the dining room. I saw some people setting the table quickly and I rushed over to them to help them be done as fast as possible. They seemed surprised that I came over here to help. I offered them a small smile and helped them put out the plates of food. It was pancakes. Yum!

"Love, you don't need to help them set the table. It's fine." I turned to see Klaus looking at me with interest in his eyes. I turned back to the people setting up to see that they had disappeared, so I sat in the chair in front of me -- it was next to both Rebekah and Kol, holy fuck was I lucky.

"Mornin'," I said to the Mikaelsons around me.

'Good morning' s were spoken and the one 'Morning' came in response. Their eyes were glued to me and I awkwardly moved in my seat. Rebekah turned her head to me and stated:

"Are you going to grab anything first, or shall I?"

I was knocked out of my awkward state to grab one pancake for myself and one for Rebekah. She seemed surprised at my actions but spoke 'thanks' to me nonetheless. We both reached for the maple syrup but I passed it to her instead because I saw the most holy thing ever. Ice cream for fucking breakfast. Goddammit, yes. I reached for the vanilla ice cream that sat on the table and put a small scoop of it on my pancake. I was bubbling with excitement -- I never get these sorts of things for breakfast.

"Thank you so so so so so much for this. Shit. Thank you!" I was a smiling mess but before I was about to start eating my food I thought I should wait until everyone had their plates full with food.

"Darling, you don't have to wait for us. Go ahead and eat." Kol told me, but I still waited - I didn't want to be rude. Once everyone had collected their food I dug into my pancake, but not in a disgusting manner. I hope. The food was very sweet compared to the food we have at home and then I realized I was in America, most foods are sweeter here.

The pancake was really good and I wanted another, but I know I shouldn't, I already look like shit. So I sat there and waited patiently for the others to finish with their food. Once everyone was done I excused myself from the table and took my plate to where I saw was the kitchen. I put my dishes into the dishwasher and was about to grab some dishwashing liquid to start the machine as it was full, but Klaus stopped me.

"You don't need to do this, love, the housekeepers will take care of it."

"Okay," My voice was small but still was firm.

He led me out of the kitchen and into the lounge room where the rest of the family sat. I sat sideways in the closest chair I could find and gazed at the Mikaelsons. I had zoned off for a while until I could hear fingers snapping in front of my face. Rebekah was standing in front of me with a small frown edging her face.

"You didn't hear a thing we said, did you?" I shook my head, a warmth spreading across my face.

"Alright, we are going out to the shops to get you clothes because I am not sharing my entire closet," I gave an inaudible chuckle at that, "and everyone is coming so we can get to know you."

Now, this surprised me. They wanted to get to know me? Why? Other than the fact I hold their fate in my hands, but details details. After about fifteen seconds of me thinking to myself, I gave a huge grin.

"Noice," They looked confused at my choice in words, "It's a reference, you wouldn't understand." They nodded, still confused about what I was saying.

"Alrighty then, for today Rebekah, may I borrow some clothes? You can have them back as soon as we can get new ones. I promise I won't dirty them. I hope." I ranted off to her, but she just gave me a grin and told me to follow her back up to her room.

Once we got there she chucked me some jean shorts and an off-the-shoulder black shirt. I tucked it in but then pulled it back out because it looked weird. I then tried multiple different tucks before I decided on the side tuck.

"Thanks, Bekah, you are an angel," I spoke sincerely to the blonde vampire. The blonde simply smirked at me.

"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I'm the devil's daughter." To that, I laughed.

"Well, you must've climbed your way out of hell to get here." Her smirk widened and she laughed as well.

"Right then, I'm assuming you followed."

"Touche," as soon as that word left my mouth we were both giggling messes and holding onto each other for support. Once we calmed down I saw Kol waiting at Bekah's door watching us intently.

"I'm assuming you're ready to leave? We'll be waiting downstairs." He then turned and left us here in an awkward silence. That was until I gave the smallest laugh and we were back at it again. God, this woman is amazing.

"We should probably get downstairs before we get dragged by our feet," I spoke through my laughter.

"I guess we shall," she picked up some black boots and handed them to me, "wear these for now."

"Thanks!" I squealed with joy and put the shoes on my feet.

We made our way down and saw the brothers sitting down near the door waiting for us. I suddenly felt guilty for making them have to wait, well can't do anything about that now. Elijah turned to us and acknowledged our presence, Kol and Klaus turned to us with exasperated looks on their faces.

"Ah, sister, Adelaide, we intend to leave in two cars so we can fit all our purchases," Elijah spoke accordingly.

"Wicked," I responded with a smile.

"Who's going in what car? I would like to be in a car with dear Adi over here." Rebekah spoke to her siblings.

"No. You have had enough time alone with her, sister, now I get to spend some time with her." Kol spoke up, his voice was melodic and hypnosive. Wait. He wants to be alone with me... shit... I'm going to be a nervous wreck... shit. He turned his head to me and smirked profoundly.

"Are you alright with that, darling?" And the accent strikes again. His eyes were surveying me, waiting for my response.

"Yup, that's all fine with me. Warning, I can be quite annoying." I teased to get some of my nerves to go away. His smirk broadened.

"Wonderful. Now, let's go, shall we?" Klaus spoke up and opened the door for all of us to exit through. I waited for everyone to leave, then I took the door from Klaus and told him he could go through and let me hold the door. However, his stubborn ass wouldn't let me do it so I left the home with Klaus right behind me. I followed where Kol was and saw the black Volvo behind him. I laughed to myself at the sight, was this some weird Twilight reference? Kol was leaning against the car and opened the wrong door for me. Oh, wait, I'm in America, different passenger sides. I gave him a small 'thanks' and slipped into the car. He got into the driver's seat and backed out of the Mikaelson Manor driveway. The radio was playing a song I couldn't recognize.

"Would you like to put on your own music, Adi?" That was the first time he said my name and it left me gazing at him in wonder until I realized I had to answer his question.

"I can't hook my phone up to this car, but, if you don't mind that is, could I play it through your phone?" I anxiously answered. Instead of responding, he passed me his phone.

"Choose whatever you like, love."

I scrolled through until I found a song that makes me smile - The Middle by Jimmy Eat World. I put it on and it blasted through the car's speakers. Soon enough I was singing along and eventually trying to dance in my seat. I had completely forgotten that Kol was there until I heard him humming along to the music. I turned to face him to see a smile playing at his lips, his eyes flickered over to me and caught me staring.

"See anything you like?" He spoke cockily.

"Eh, still deciding. Random question: What was it like to be a witch? Just curious." His face turned solemn and he let out a sad sigh.

"It was... it was amazing to be connected to everything around me. I would ask how you knew I was a witch, but, given that you know most things about us I won't ask." His voice sounded more real, still hot, but more real almost as if I were actually here. Wait, I am here, how do I keep forgetting? Anyhoosle.

"If I may ask you one question in return, I am curious about where you are from." He asked me carefully, eyes surveying me like I'm his prey -- to which I am.

"I'm from Australia, 2021. And I have weird taste in music, write morbid and somewhat grim stories, I'm sixteen, have no siblings but I have one older cousin who acts like my brother, and I just got on holidays, like two days ago. So yeah, that's an outline of me." I said, dragging out the 'e' in the last word.

He took in all my words before turning back to me and saying:

"We're here."

I reached over to open my car door only to see Kol had already opened it for me. He had his hand outstretched towards me and I took it graciously. I said a small 'thanks' once again and got out of the car.

"It was a pleasure getting to know more about you, Miss Harland," he said, bringing my hand to his lips, his eyes never leaving mine. I could only guess that my cheeks were bright red and he pulled away leaving a tingling feeling on the top of my hand.

He directed his arm to hook with mine and he brought me to a set of doors. We were at a shopping centre, I was unsure as to where it was exactly but it was large and grand. As we walked through the doors I could spot some stores I recognized. Kol and I turned left and stood out in front of a small coffee shop. His pocket started buzzing and he picked up the phone. He nodded to the phone and ended the call. He then turned his head to me and spoke in his melodic voice.

"We are to wait here for my siblings, then we can all walk around this dreaded place together." I giggled at his thoughts about shopping centres.

We waited for five-ish more minutes in a comfortable silence before the rest of the Original family arrived. Rebekah strutted in -- designer bag on shoulder, heels clicking against the marble floor. Her two older brothers following her with stoic looks on their faces. She turned towards us with a bright smile on her face and came over. She then unhooked Kol's arm from mine -- earning a snarl from Kol -- and linked hers instead.

"What a surprise to see you here Rebekah," I spoke, sarcasm dripping from my voice.

She looked at me with her eyebrows raised and rolled her eyes at me. Her brothers were standing around us, waiting for us to move. We took the hint and started walking.

"So, where are we headed first?" I asked Bekah. She smiled at me and then said:

"We can start off at H&M, then go from there. And of course, we will need opinions on our outfits." Our heads turned to see her brothers, struck with horrified looks on their faces. I burst out laughing, three of the most dangerous people on the earth and they're scared of shopping. Kol and Klaus glared at me and I shrugged, despite my heart beating faster.

We turned back around and Rebekah guided me to each of the stores. Each one had nice things and the Mikaelsons were willing to pay for everything, despite my continuous protests against it.

We continued walking through the shopping centre, the boys were holding our bags. I still hadn't found anything for me to wear today, but it should be fine. As we were strolling I saw a place with gorgeous gowns out front. The one that caught my eye was midnight blue and had a belt of silver across the waist. It had off the shoulder long sleeves and across the top it had silver stars that matched the belt. It was the dress of my dreams. Behind it, I could see other stunning dresses, all a range of different colours.

"Would you like to go inside, darling?" Kol's voice rang through my head.

My voice couldn't work so I only nodded my head with a bright smile on my face. Kol hooked his arm through mine and we all walked in. The store was white with golden accents, each dress racked up on the walls. It looked like a place from a movie and the clothes looked like they were from a novel.

"It has always been a dream of mine to wear a ballgown," I softly spoke, still in awe, "Just to walk into a ball with a gown so beautiful everyone is forced to look at you. To stare at my enemy from across the room and taunt them. To be able to dance with them with a knife subtly in my hand and to try and hurt them, only for them to catch my hand and tell me 'did you really think that would work?'. For me to push them away and walk into the crowd, later sprinting out of the house and into the night with everyone chasing after me because I have stirred trouble. What a dream it is."

The Mikaelsons looked at me with confused faces but did not question what I had said, instead they led me around the store and let Rebekah and I try on anything we could touch. I ended up trying that dress on, it was immensely expensive! However, Rebekah threatened me that she would delete all the music on my phone if they didn't buy me the dress. We bought it.

We had gone through every store in the centre and I did end up wearing something we bought. It took a long time convincing Rebekah to let me wear anything other than her taste, but her face was bewildered at the things I wear when she did. She said that it didn't look half bad and we continued on like that with all the shops -- looking at her clothes and my clothes.

I ended up in a zip-up yellow plaid crop top with a matching skirt. A silver chain hanging from my skirt and my shirt had thick spaghetti straps (a.k.a Adi doesn't know what else to call them) but only one was visible as I was also wearing a leather jacket was on an angle. I also somehow got some awesome Doc Martins and now they are my babies. This outfit makes me feel badass. I also got more cool things but for now, they stay in the shopping bags.

"All right, I've had enough. Time to go back, this shopping is reducing my life span," Klaus said, exasperated.

Bex and I looked each other dead in the eye, faces like stone, then we giggled. Klaus gave a loud sigh and told us to head to the cars. He said what car I was meant to be in but I didn't listen. I saw it. A bookstore. I rushed to the store and weaved my way through people.

The store was aesthetic, nice and cozy with ladders that wheel from side to side across the shelves. Each section had a sign that stated the genre. Before I could make my way to the YA fantasy, the Mikaelsons appeared. Klaus and Elijah behind me, Kol on my right, Rebekah on my left. Ha. On your left. Sorry.

"Why did you run off to... here?" Rebekah asked, curious of my actions.

"Bookstore. Home. Books. Enemies to Lovers. My book boyfriends and girlfriends."

They all just stood there looking at me until Elijah spoke up:

"Have a look around, books do wonders for the mind."

I turned around and gave a bright smile.

"Oki, thanks. Only one thing though, if I try to buy something pull me away. I have no impulse control. Ask Steph." With that I left to my favourite section - tied for first actually. YA fantasy and Murder Mystery/Crime fiction.

After I looked around for a bit, I had a pile in my arms and was about to go to the counter until Kol took my books and brought them there for me. He greeted the cashier and I watched with interest. He pulled out his wallet and then I realized he was going to buy me them.

"Hold up, if I get these I pay." I pushed him aside and pulled out my phone, I almost got the cover off -- as that was where I kept my money -- before I felt myself being pulled away.

"Darling, you are not paying, I am. I have the money for it and it is worth something in this country."

I looked down to see my Aussie money poking out -- my cheeks were flaming.

"O-okay, tha-anks," I stuttered.

He collected the bag and linked his arm with my own again and led me outside. All his siblings were there and Elijah had a bag from the bookstore - he bought a book on some boring ass topic but I don't judge. Most of the time.

"Sorry about that. Who's goin in what car? I wasn't listening."

"You are to be with Kol again, love. You would have already known that had you heard me the first time."

I nodded and my dark hair rolled into my face. I unlinked my arm with Kol's and swiped my hair out of the way. By the time I cleared sight again Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah (who had a small frown on her face) were metres away from me and at the door. I turned my head to Kol who was smirking down at me.

"Now, darling, shall we head home?"

"It's your home, not mine. No matter how long I can dream."

My words brought a melancholy smile to my face. I would never belong here and I know eventually I will wake up and this dream will be forgotten -- like all the others.

"Then we shall head there," Kol's face looked like an angel's at that moment -- a sad, broken angel.

We walked our way to the car and slid inside. We were left sitting there in a comfortable silence. My mind drifting off into daydreams of things I never thought possible -- until now. I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard ringing. I checked my phone to see if it was a friend, but no, it was Kol's phone. He gracefully picked it up and answered the call. One of his hands was still on the wheel but I still felt uncomfortable -- what if he doesn't fully know how to drive yet? What if his hand slips? What if-

"Change of plans, darling. We are headed to the Grill. Nik needs to have a word with the doppelganger and her brother," His words split through my thoughts.

I wonder what the Grill is actually like. Maybe it has shit food, maybe it's really good, or maybe underage people go there only for the ability to get alcohol. Welp... there's only one way to find out.

"Wicked,"

I'm going to have a bet with myself that I say this too many times today or this week or this month. I say it a lot.

~~~~~~

We arrived at the Grill about 10 minutes after we received Klaus' call. As we entered I could see the Scooby Gang of Mystic Falls in the corner of the place. The Salvatores were sitting either side of Elena -- of course -- and Caroline was sitting next to both Stefan and BonBon. I let out a huge grin as I saw Caroline and Bonnie, they made the show fantastic, and now that I can meet them is... well... it's a dream come true.

As my eyes were scanning the Grill I spotted Klaus, Rebekah, and Elijah sitting at a table nearby the Mystic Falls gang. Klaus was glaring holes through the Salvatores' backs, while his other siblings were holding a conversation. Kol started walking ahead of me and I followed him to where the Mikaelsons sat. As I walked behind Kol I didn't realize how far away he was until I bumped into an unknown body. They fell to the floor and I could feel guilt rise up in me.

"Holy crap, sorry!" I apologized quickly and tried to help them get up, however, they had already gotten to their feet and turned to me. I soon realized who I had bumped into. It was Damon Salvatore. He seemed to have moved from his seat and then into me. God fucking dammit.

"You. You're the one who saved Kol," His hand clasped mine and his grip tightened, "Who are you?"

The pain in my hand was increasing, so I told him:

"It's Biles. Call me Biles or I swear to God I'll kill you,"

Despite the agony, I was experiencing I still needed to say something sarcastic, hence, Stiles. He somehow gripped tighter than before and this caught Kol's attention. His head whipped back to us and he let out an animalistic growl.

"Give me your real name before I break your hand in two," Damon spoke to me, ignorant to the vampire behind him.

"I think you should let her go, Salvatore, before I split you in two or should I break Elena?" Kol's eyes were burning with rage and his voice did not hide it. As Kol spoke of Elena, Damon let go of my hand and glared at Kol. He then swung his arm across my shoulders and pulled me to his side.

"Was she compelled? Or did she willingly do it, because I find that very hard to believe." Damon's words sent shivers down my spine, but before Kol could say a word I had already spoken.

"No, I wasn't, dipshit. I actually like them and for the record, I like everyone in this town except Elena, Matty ratty, and Tyler. So fight me, bitch." Damon seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst and he directed his glare towards me.

"What are you?"

"Abominable Snowman. But it's more of, like, a wintertime thing. You know, seasonal." I let a giant smile form on my lips. Stiles Stilinski will always win the day.

Damon didn't seem to like my response so he grabbed my throat and squeezed, leaving my breaths ragged. The world was spinning and I could barely feel anything other than pain, but I managed to move my leg to his crotch and slam it into him. He doubled over and let go of me as I regained my breath.

Jesus, who would have thought that would hurt so damn much.

"You dick. I was going to tell you something about past demons and shit, but now, considering your actions, you will have to wait and see," And these are the moments where I really don't like Damon's impulses.

I walked past a fuming Kol to the Mikaelson's table. Rebekah was watching with a giant grin on her face, Klaus was smirking and Elijah was just sitting there looking very professional (although, I could almost see a ghost of a smile). He really knows how to pull a poker face... most of the time.

"You, I like you," Klaus told me, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Told you, Nik. She's fun isn't she?" Rebekah's voice sung. I still have no frickin idea on why they like me.

I suddenly felt something all around my body, it was like pinpricks. I excused myself from the conversation and briskly walked to the bathroom. I swung the door open and stood in front of the dirty square mirror. Despite the small amounts of grime, I could see my face... well, not my face but a face. She had alabaster skin, long ebony hair in braids, and these bright amber eyes. Who is she? Or who was she? As soon as I blinked she was gone and I could only see my murky green eyes.

Who has amber eyes?

I was left with my thoughts for barely a second before I heard a knock at the bathroom door. As I opened it up I was met with a face I had yet to talk to.

Bonnie Bennet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.2K 34
"You're my waking thought, my sweet dream, and everything in between." -Perry ❖❖❖ In which Elijah Mikaelson falls for a beautiful Parisienne, but wha...
808K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
1.7M 63.6K 41
Ophelia Armstrong never intended for her life to be anything out of the ordinary. All she ever wanted to do was finish school, meet a nice person, se...
5.5K 148 13
I'm in Mystic Falls and it has never been for a better reason. I've won Damon's heart and now, we're closer than we've ever been. But now, darkness...